HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposal Thread Vol. 8: The North Remembers

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Redwood Original
El Presidente

vCash: 500
Would anyone here make a deal around Marleau and Hemsky? Tough to gauge the value on Marleau, but he would be a great compliment to Nuge and Eberle.

If the Oilers are in the hunt on deadline day, maybe they could flip some magic beans for Jagr.

Hall Horcoff Jagr
Marleau Nuge Eberle
Paajarvi Gagner Yakupov
Smyth Belanger Brown

Perhaps it's a little to early to make moves like that with this team, but it would make that group a lot better.

P.S. We would still need a dman or 3!

Old
03-20-2013, 10:22 AM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Belanger is also our best PKer.. Unless we get someone who is ready to steal his spot I dont mind his lack of offense or physical play. I also dont want any more 'young' players..
Hoping Belanger steps up his game ala Peca of 06 IF we make it into playoffs..
Belanger actually is one of our worst pkers. On the pk he has 4.5 mistakes/15 min which is the worst on the team. He was also the worst forwards last year at 3.4 mistakes/15 min.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...nnart-petrell/

Old
03-20-2013, 10:26 AM
488fitter

Quote:
Belanger is also our best PKer.. Unless we get someone who is ready to steal his spot I dont mind his lack of offense or physical play. I also dont want any more 'young' players..
Hoping Belanger steps up his game ala Peca of 06 IF we make it into playoffs..
I think Paajarvi can begin to start filling that PK role. His foot speed is fat greater then Belanger's and of course is very sound defensively. Between Gagner, Petrell, Smyth, Jones, Brown, and hopefully Paajarvi soon, I don't see our PK taking a big hit if he's dealt.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
So would I but I'm sure the NYI would hate to move Streit for anything less. I still wouldnt propose this on the trade board
Fair enough, and I under, but maybe that's why you don't try to add Streit (or a Streit-esq) player this year.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Skm

vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Belanger actually is one of our worst pkers. On the pk he has 4.5 mistakes/15 min which is the worst on the team. He was also the worst forwards last year at 3.4 mistakes/15 min.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...nnart-petrell/
Yep. The second people start realizing that ALL Belanger brings to the team is a good face off %, the better.

Poor effort defensively, and ZERO offensive anything.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:34 AM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
Yep. The second people start realizing that ALL Belanger brings to the team is a good face off %, the better.

Poor effort defensively, and ZERO offensive anything.
Unfortunately the rest of the league might see this as well and not want to bring him in when the cap is going down.

Hall Horcoff Jagr
Marleau Nuge Eberle
Paajarvi Gagner Yakupov
Smyth Belanger Brown

How could we possibly afford this F lineup with the cap going down?

Old
03-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post

Jones, Rieder, and a 2nd for Jagr
Holy over-pay Batman

Old
03-20-2013, 10:46 AM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Fair enough, and I under, but maybe that's why you don't try to add Streit (or a Streit-esq) player this year.
Ya i'm not a big fan of going for it this year. Only way i trade for a rental is if i know i can sign him, or if i can get him extremely cheap (redundant roster player and/or a draft pick later than our second).

Players i would trade are Jones, Belanger, Smyth, Eager, Petrell, Peckham and if we can get an upgrade Whitney. Obviously i doubt we can get much value for any of these players, even combined with mid round picks.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Ya i'm not a big fan of going for it this year. Only way i trade for a rental is if i know i can sign him, or if i can get him extremely cheap (redundant roster player and/or a draft pick later than our second).

Players i would trade are Jones, Belanger, Smyth, Eager, Petrell, Peckham and if we can get an upgrade Whitney. Obviously i doubt we can get much value for any of these players, even combined with mid round picks.
If we can get Streit out of NY .. we become as good a destination for him as any club as a UFA.. Pay him what he deserves and he'll sign here.
He is one pending UFA who I would give up a Musil + for

Old
03-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:

I had a few "tweeks" in mind.

To WAS: Potter

To EDM: Poti

Yeah I know...but he's veteran puck mover who will be a UFA and he can play in the bottom-6 as well or better then Potter, imo.

To FLA: Peckham, Hartikainen, Hamilton and 2nd

To EDM: Kuba, Mattias and Kopecky

Just makes the team better, all around.

To BOS: Habby and Smyth (Eat Habby's cap hit)

To EDM: Khudobin and 4th/5th

Simple

To NJ: Belanger, Hordichuk and Plante

To EDM: Janssen and 5th

Move some contracts and players who don't want to be here.

To DAL: House and a 3rd

To EDM: Fiddler

Local guy, good 4th line center and plays hard every night.

Finally

To CAR: Whitney and Petrell

To EDM: Shugg and 3rd.

So the team now looks like

Hall - Horcoff - Hemsky
PRV - Gagner - Yakupov
Kopecky - Nuge - Eberle
Brown - Fiddler - Jones
Mattias

Smid - Petry
Kuba - N. Schultz
Fistric/Poti - J. Schultz
Poti/Fistric

Dubnyk
Khudobin

Yeah I know, but the team would be be better going forward.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:59 AM
stoff

Quote:
If we can get Streit out of NY .. we become as good a destination for him as any club as a UFA.. Pay him what he deserves and he'll sign here.
He is one pending UFA who I would give up a Musil + for
I guess. We probably have a good chance of any to sign him. I would rather keep the assets and try to sign him in the summer tho. Can you honestly say Streit is the missing piece to a cup run? Because we are just still so far off that i don't see a purpose in giving away assets to probably lose in the first round anyway.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:04 AM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
So the team now looks like

Hall - Horcoff - Hemsky
PRV - Gagner - Yakupov
Kopecky - Nuge - Eberle
Brown - Fiddler - Jones
Mattias

Smid - Petry
Kuba - N. Schultz
Fistric/Poti - J. Schultz
Poti/Fistric

Dubnyk
Khudobin

Yeah I know, but the team would be be better going forward.
I like all those moves but the one that is probably unrealistic is the Florida one. Mathias is playing great lately and Florida is in love with Kopecky.

Tanner House also is a 4th line AHLer at best so i dont think he has any value in a trade. But a third might be enough for fiddler if Dallas decides to sell.

And for the NJ trade i would rather get an AHL scorer to help the Barons than a plug like Janssen.

I really like the Boston trade. I think it helps both teams.

Overall these are the types of trades i had in mind aswell. None of them really detract from our current or future groups and actually do improve the team.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Fuhryous

Komisarek on waivers as per Lebrun:
https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...06761727676416

Old
03-20-2013, 11:07 AM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
@DarrenDreger: Nsh placed Z.Boychuk and TO placed M.Komisarek on Waivers

Yep and Boychuk also on waivers

Old
03-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
I have a question regarding Paajarvi, and I am not trying to stir anything up despite that I may be nitpicking stats a bit.

Do you think that there is a possibility that he will be traded come April 3? I definitely want him to stay and I think he also wants to remain here but there are some factors that I could "provoke" a trade scenario. Basically these factors are all related but I'll still list them one by one.

1) His place on the depth chart on the current roster. Hall, Eberle, Hemsky and Yakupov are ahead of him and despite him getting to see more ice time right now I think that once these players take off (some already have) he will be a 3rd liner and probably not have the same quality of players surrounding him as he does right now.

2) Salary: I guess he needs to be signed to a contract this year if we are to keep him. If (and that's a big if) he is able to keep up the scoring pace he has been on over the last 15 games (0.4 GPG) I think it might be difficult to sign him for the sums I have heard being thrown around (1.5-2.5 mil). This is tricky though since even if he does manage to keep it up he will still not have a full season under his belt playing like he does right now. I am thinking a bit of Loui Eriksson who had two "meh" seasons split between AHL and NHL after which he managed to break out as a good two-way forward in his third year (0.43 GPG). But his GPG was over 82 games so of course there is a difference there, he got a 4.25 mil/year over 6 years contract.

3) His career: If his agent, or PRV himself, thinks that he is able to keep up this kind of goal scoring pace I bet that at least his agent will be pushing for him to be playing on a 2nd line. Again this would most lightly mean that he needs to change teams.

It may be that my reasoning in this matter is wrong, but I bring it up since it's been on my mind for the last couple of weeks.

I haven't even considered what a possible return might be for PRV in a trade but I guess that since he's young and starting to show potential in more than just defense it might be enough to get veteran 3rd liner(?).
The only way that we should be dealing him at this point is if we get a 1st/2nd line center that's a clear upgrade on Gagner or a legit 1st pairing defenseman. Unless management has soured on him or he demands too much $ I would hope that the team sticks with him and deals Hemsky instead.

03-20-2013, 11:08 AM
OilDrop37

vCash: 50
Quote:
Toronto has really hit a wall lately. I wonder if their trying to make room for a trade?

Old
03-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Toronto has really hit a wall lately. I wonder if their trying to make room for a trade?
Gardiner was just recalled as well, IIRC yesterday or the day before.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:12 AM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
I just think it's a roster space decision. They've been carrying 8 d all year and finally just need the space.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
I guess. We probably have a good chance of any to sign him. I would rather keep the assets and try to sign him in the summer tho. Can you honestly say Streit is the missing piece to a cup run? Because we are just still so far off that i don't see a purpose in giving away assets to probably lose in the first round anyway.
not a cup run but sure would round out our D..

Streit\Smid\Whitney\2xSchultz\Petry and Fistric should move the focus away from the D..

Up front there really arent many glaring needs aside from maybe an upgrade over Jones on the left side.. Add someone like Ott and hope Ebs gets going ..

Old
03-20-2013, 11:13 AM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Grouchy Smurf View Post
Holy over-pay Batman
Looks like pretty good value to me. Jagr is definitely worth more than a 2nd, which is the most valuable asset going the other way. Jones is a UFA after this season and Reider is hardly a blu-chipper.

03-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Gardiner free'd

Leafs fans rejoice

Old
03-20-2013, 11:16 AM
OilDrop37

Quote:
I just think it's a roster space decision. They've been carrying 8 d all year and finally just need the space.
Main board says he waived his NMC and agreed to report to the Marlies if unclaimed. Apparently wants to play rather than sit in the PB.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:18 AM
backhandsauce

Komi is interesting. I mean hes got one more year after this year. Maybe a move would rejuvenate his career? He was great in Montreal.

We have some contracts coming off the books this summer. Would you take a chance on him to shore up the D?

A Fistric-Komi pairing could sure be a physical pairing.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:26 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
Komi is interesting. I mean hes got one more year after this year. Maybe a move would rejuvenate his career? He was great in Montreal.

We have some contracts coming off the books this summer. Would you take a chance on him to shore up the D?

A Fistric-Komi pairing could sure be a physical pairing.
in montreal it was markovs play that made himlook good

Old
03-20-2013, 11:30 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
in montreal it was markovs play that made himlook good
so an oft injured offensive defenseman was his saving grace?

cue up the whitney train choo choo

Closed Thread