HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 2 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 07:47 PM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Hypothetically speaking, while listening to TSN they mentionned that Jagr could move back to Philly.

Now just out of curiosity, if we aren't going to Re-Sign Ryder, would it of have been better to see MB go after Jagr instead (Considering the chemistry with Pleky)? Or does he just not fit the bill of the MB/MT type of player
As a rental Jagr would have been fine, longer term Id say Ryder would fit more into our long term plans than Jagr, but I have doubts about Ryder fitting into the long term plans of MB. Who knows what interest there was in Cole and his contract though.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:14 PM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

How attached are you guys to Eller?

Old
03-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
Depends what day of the week you ask. Right now everyone seems obsessed with him. Not too long ago he was only ever going to be a 3rd line center. Next week everyone will probably want him traded.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:19 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Like any other player in the NHL. Question is what's the offer?

Old
03-19-2013, 09:49 PM
schumway2

We could use a natural goal scorer, but that's not a position that's usually available for trade. Ryder hasn't done squat in that regard yet.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
I'd kick the tires on Vanek.

I'd offer Beaulieu, Kristo and a 1st. GRANTED that Vanek agrees to a contract extension with us before the deal is complete.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:59 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I'd kick the tires on Vanek.

I'd offer Beaulieu, Kristo and a 1st.
Are you Bob Gainey?

Old
03-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Depends what day of the week you ask. Right now everyone seems obsessed with him. Not too long ago he was only ever going to be a 3rd line center. Next week everyone will probably want him traded.
That's ******** and you're giving way too much power to SouthernHab, Eller's #1 detractor. Every sane fans saw Eller's progression since he came back from being scratched. The last 4-5 weeks, there's nothing less than praise for Eller.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Are you Bob Gainey?
No.

Are you the gatekeeper?

Old
03-19-2013, 10:05 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
No.

Are you the gatekeeper?
No
We finally are building some depth, I just remember to many of these trades through our history where we give up two plus players and draft picks that don't get us ahead. Vanek is great and would love him but I would rather see us build through drafting and our picks.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:04 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd like to get Ott and Regehr from Buffalo.
wish we had him tonight so we wouldn't have gotten burned by him.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Big contract.. declining overall play?
Gionta you're talking about? Really? Explain that to me:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post61830033

Old
03-20-2013, 05:23 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
I've always been high on him. It's not like he's playing over his head and he'll start regressing. He's a young player who's coming into his own.

In my opinion he's virtually untouchable. It would have to take a massive overpayment to get me to even listen. You win cups with that kind of player. Plus another year with his cap hit is just ridiculous.

I might get flamed for this but I'd consider moving Patches before Eller. Don't get me wrong I don't want to move Patches at all but if you put a gun to my head and I had to choose, I'd pick Eller. Eller seems to have more room to improve plus he's a center and is a more complete player.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:24 AM
brian70

Quote:
I like Eller and I'm always amused when I see some fans stating that he came to life since he was scratched or that he's been invisible in the last couple years. This is a scouting-type of message board so people should be able to better analyze a player's upside by concentrating on him. I've read comments of Eller having a great game because he scored a goal when in reality he was lost on most plays. On some other occasions, he was supposedly useless when in fact he had done all the right things.

Today I see some people talking about him being a puck-hog. Funny, considering the fact that one of his weaknesses was passing too much and not taking enough shots. Or that Martin made him the defensive player he is today when his defense awareness was his strength in Frölunda.

Not saying no one helped him in any way but Eller sure didn't get much of a chance in Montreal.

Is he available? Well, Bergevin wouldn't look good trading him today unless he receives an overpayment but considering the Canadiens needs, if the GM could get a top 6 left winger, he just might bite. GMs who called Bergevin when Eller was scratched should have overpaid for him back then. Today, Eller's value is higher.

To think that someone told me during the lock-out he would trade Subban, Eller and Gallagher for Yandle and Vermette. Yotes future would look pretty good right now.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:47 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Like any other player in the NHL. Question is what's the offer?
Yep my answer would be the same. If the offer is some top line forward I don't see why we'd reject it outright.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:54 AM
The Doors

I don't think Sather would want to trade with another East playoff team during the season but at 1.8 each Boyle for Moen is a pretty decent offseason swap yeah?

Old
03-20-2013, 11:28 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Man, Gauthier's been vilified so much. I'm glad he landed on his feet on a winning organization. Unlike that dangerously inept moron, Gainey.
Please don't call Gainey a Moron. He helped Habs win 4 cups. And his daughter died in his second last year here. Watch what you post here please.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:37 AM
ROSSter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Please don't call Gainey a Moron. He helped Habs win 4 cups. And his daughter died in his second last year here. Watch what you post here please.

What does gainey's tragedy have to do with his intelligence or GM decision? I'm a gainey fan as the player. As a GM the guy made some questionable calls.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:14 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I'm clearly referring to his professional capacity as a general manager - of course I don't know the man personally or would ever insult his character.

He was a moronic, inept, passive, dangerously close-minded general manager who managed to look good because of the fantastic work of Trevor Timmins and the revolving door of good coaches he'd fire without actually adding talent to the team.

Even fkn Carbo was a winning coach with those young, talentless, weak, soft lineups Gainey kept offering. Year in, year out.

The man set us back so much with his hiring of Jacques Martin and signing of the three Mouseketeers+Dumbo the Spacek. I'm sick of him being venerated like some saint when all he did his last few seasons was set us back move after move.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:22 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
I'm clearly referring to his professional capacity as a general manager - of course I don't know the man personally or would ever insult his character.

He was a moronic, inept, passive, dangerously close-minded general manager who managed to look good because of the fantastic work of Trevor Timmins and the revolving door of good coaches he'd fire without actually adding talent to the team.

Even fkn Carbo was a winning coach with those young, talentless, weak, soft lineups Gainey kept offering. Year in, year out.

The man set us back so much with his hiring of Jacques Martin and signing of the three Mouseketeers+Dumbo the Spacek. I'm sick of him being venerated like some saint when all he did his last few seasons was set us back move after move.
No clearly, you arent the kind to insult anyone.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:24 PM
drivefor25

I really like Eller but trading him to Vancouver, who desperately need a centerman, for a Zack Kassian and a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick would work for me. We have Desharnais, Plek, and Galchenyuk for the next few years at center so getting a power forward to be would work for me.
If we could then trade Ryder for Clowe (two UFA'a to be that fill a void with each team), we will have transformed this team into a pretty "tough" team to beat.
Pax...Desharnais...Gallagher
Bourque...Plek...Kassian
Prust....Gally...Gionta
Clowe.....White....Moen / Armstrong

Old
03-20-2013, 12:25 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I can bold random, out of context words too.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Lshap

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Agree with him or not, he was clearly insulting Gainey the GM, not Gainey the person, as he said.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Habs still need a centre and someone who actually stands in front of the net.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivefor25 View Post
I really like Eller but trading him to Vancouver, who desperately need a centerman, for a Zack Kassian and a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick would work for me. We have Desharnais, Plek, and Galchenyuk for the next few years at center so getting a power forward to be would work for me.
If we could then trade Ryder for Clowe (two UFA'a to be that fill a void with each team), we will have transformed this team into a pretty "tough" team to beat.
Pax...Desharnais...Gallagher
Bourque...Plek...Kassian
Prust....Gally...Gionta
Clowe.....White....Moen / Armstrong
Kassian is terrible...I wouldn't trade Eller for him in any deal.

Closed Thread