HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Thrashers Trade Proposal

Old
08-03-2006, 12:37 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers Thrashers Trade Proposal

Rangers trade Marcel Hossa to Thrashers for Jordan LaVallee. If Hossa wont accept the contract Sather offered well then goodbye. Hossa can play with his brother and turn out to be good for the thrashers. Rangers get a gritty hard nosed LW with size. http://www.atlantathrashers.com/PlayerBio.aspx?Levels=1|1|3&PlayerID=150

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 12:46 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Rangers trade Marcel Hossa to Thrashers for Jordan LaVallee. If Hossa wont accept the contract Sather offered well then goodbye. Hossa can play with his brother and turn out to be good for the thrashers. Rangers get a gritty hard nosed LW with size. http://www.atlantathrashers.com/PlayerBio.aspx?Levels=1|1|3&PlayerID=150
The scouting report is VERY good on him, I'd love to have him, but I don't see Atlanta giving him, ESPECIALLY for Hossa. They'd be nuts to do so.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 12:47 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

is this... a one for... one trade proposal???
Hossa for any decent prospect is a good deal. He's only 20(ish). How many years left can he play in the AHL? A decent asset but both Rangers and Hartford are getting crowded!

From HF

History

The large American power forward was a surprise snub at the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, after putting together a very solid first season in the QMJHL, with 11 goals and 16 assists, while leading his team in hits by a wide margin. LaVallee’s 2004-05 campaign has left little doubt that he is worthy of a draft selection this year, as he led his Quebec Remparts with a very impressive 40 goals, and once again leading his team in hits.

Talent Analysis

LaVallee plays a very physical game, but more often than not, he keeps it clean. He is a strong skater with good acceleration and agility, which makes him a force on the forecheck. He is also a very versatile player, not only a dominant force in the slot on the power play, but also serving as an aggressive penalty-killer.

If that isn’t enough, LaVallee also has a penchant for scoring clutch goals, leading his team with eight game-winners. An excellent all-around player, who blends size, speed, skill, and physical play nearly seamlessly.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 12:48 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
The scouting report is VERY good on him, I'd love to have him, but I don't see Atlanta giving him, ESPECIALLY for Hossa. They'd be nuts to do so.
hossa can click with his brother i would think, it would work out for him and the rangers. if hossa did go to thrashers he would do very well

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 12:52 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
hossa can click with his brother i would think, it would work out for him and the rangers. if hossa did go to thrashers he would do very well
That's not guaranteed, especially with the talent they have on the wings. Could happen, as they'd probably like to keep Kovalchuk and Marian Hossa on different lines to spread the scoring out.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 12:58 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Marcel Hossa is still a really talented player. He just needs consistent play and heart/desire. I'm sure the right environment will do wonders for his game. Maybe if he went out to the Western Conf. Or an overbearing older brother kicking his butt He is no slump and has proven he has NHL skill but not NHL consistency. Deal depends on how Atlanta feels about their system and depth and how highly they rate LaVallee. They might want an extra draft pick if they rate him high or jump at the trade if they rate him low. He's #19 on HF's Atlanta page which was just updated this week.

HF

LaVallee’s 2005-06 season was shortened by a back injury. He played 37 regular season games, scoring 18 goals and 19 assists. He almost got a full season’s work in, however, since his Quebec Remparts went deep in the playoffs, winning the Memorial Cup.

Next year, LaVallee needs to show that he can build on his breakout 2004-05 season.

Drafted at age 19 after going unselected in the 2004 draft, LaVallee is now old enough to turn pro, but under no immediate deadline to do so. No contract has yet been signed with the Thrashers. There may not be room for him in Chicago as a rookie, but moving up to the ECHL would be more of a challenge to him than remaining in the Q.

Old
08-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Synergy27

Did the username changing period pass already, because I am really thinking about changing my name to JOrtmeyer41. Only good could come of that.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 02:16 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27 View Post
Did the username changing period pass already, because I am really thinking about changing my name to JOrtmeyer41. Only good could come of that.
his first sane trade proposal and you are riding on him? that is what you are doing? I hate internet subtext.

Old
08-03-2006, 02:17 AM
in the hall

hello jorts

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 06:10 AM
TorontoSports

Who is this Jordan lavallee? I don't mind Hossa being traded, he sucks anyways.

TorontoSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 08:03 AM
TheRedressor

This would be a terrible option for Atlanta. Not good to have Marcel there. It would created leverage in contract negotiations for the Hossa's

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 10:09 AM
shoothepuck

While it would be nice for Marcel to play with his brother, Atlanta has no need to do this deal.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 10:37 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Better than most Jorts, but not sure if his brother will make him play better or why in GODS name Atlanta would pull such a move, especially after hearing that Hossa was complicating his contract amount after such a crappy year.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Marcel Hossa is still a really talented player. He just needs consistent play and heart/desire. I'm sure the right environment will do wonders for his game. Maybe if he went out to the Western Conf. Or an overbearing older brother kicking his butt He is no slump and has proven he has NHL skill but not NHL consistency. Deal depends on how Atlanta feels about their system and depth and how highly they rate LaVallee. They might want an extra draft pick if they rate him high or jump at the trade if they rate him low. He's #19 on HF's Atlanta page which was just updated this week.
Maybe not the place, but is Hossa a "really talented player"? From what he has shown as a Ranger, I would say the answer is defintely NO...Yes, he has size and he has some individual skills but it basically translates to zero production and creation..Not to mention his panicking with the puck and total inability to finish...

OTOH, I and others always used to bash him for his lack of effort and consistencty BUT the HOSSA at the end of the year was one of our top 3 forwards becuase of the way he never stopped, the way he cycled and the way he used his body...Didn't translate to offense but he played really well...SO, instead of a talented forward, maybe Hossa's ceiling is a 3rd/4th liner mucker...Nothing wrong with that...

However, I still say good riddance if he doesn't want to except the Rangers terms because he still has to prove himslef..and would take this trade in a heartbeat..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 01:05 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Should we not expect Hall in any of your proposals now since you changed your name? That would suck if they deal him before the start of the season, and you're stuck with AHall18NYR for a whole year lol.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77 View Post
Should we not expect Hall in any of your proposals now since you changed your name? That would suck if they deal him before the start of the season, and you're stuck with AHall18NYR for a whole year lol.
Thats why you went with the safe name

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Geogaddi

If we can Snag LaVallee for MARCEL Hossa. then whom in the front office can i call to get it done? Bettman refuses to talk to me. I only get letters back.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post

is this... a one for... one trade proposal???
Hossa for any decent prospect is a good deal. He's only 20(ish). How many years left can he play in the AHL? A decent asset but both Rangers and Hartford are getting crowded!

From HF

History

The large American power forward was a surprise snub at the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, after putting together a very solid first season in the QMJHL, with 11 goals and 16 assists, while leading his team in hits by a wide margin. LaVallee’s 2004-05 campaign has left little doubt that he is worthy of a draft selection this year, as he led his Quebec Remparts with a very impressive 40 goals, and once again leading his team in hits.

Talent Analysis

LaVallee plays a very physical game, but more often than not, he keeps it clean. He is a strong skater with good acceleration and agility, which makes him a force on the forecheck. He is also a very versatile player, not only a dominant force in the slot on the power play, but also serving as an aggressive penalty-killer.

If that isn’t enough, LaVallee also has a penchant for scoring clutch goals, leading his team with eight game-winners. An excellent all-around player, who blends size, speed, skill, and physical play nearly seamlessly.
He actually sounds like a decent prospect. It would be a good thing if it happened.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:35 AM
xander

i don't see why atlanta does it. Brother connection or not, I don't see what marcel really gives them.

and I've got to say I'm a little curious about why Lavalle wasn't drafted until the 4th round of his second draft. Big players who score don't usually last long, someone always takes a flier on them. So what's the deal with Lavallee? Why did no one care to notice him until the midrounds a year after he was eligable?

xander is offline   Reply With Quote