HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#30 Sabres at Canadiens Tue Mar 19 7:30PM ET TV: MSG-B Radio: WGR-AM

Old
03-19-2013, 10:15 PM
ROR
fka BCS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
I'm actually enjoying watching leino with the puck. Smart and patient.
No buyout necessary if it continues. I was a fan of Leino's when he was a Flyer and was excited when the Sabres signed him, so it's nice to see him play well. Keep it up, please.

ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:17 PM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

No wonder we are so tired all the time, we're playing about 6 minutes more per game than any other team in the NHL.

Still, good to see the win. I liked Ott and Leino. Myers looked better but he needs to learn that just cause his gotta be careful checking people (height difference) doesn't mean he shouldn't. Please trade Leopold now after that nice play, please!

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:18 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazielMoshman View Post
Who says he is or ever has been elite. The word associated with him is 'potential', followed up by a side helping or 'patience'.
Ok, we agree nobody's put him in the elite ranks and I overstated that. But there's little that he's showing right now that demonstrates his potential for me. I think he's regressed this season.

I've been patient but it's frustrating to see how badly he's played tonight.

I think posters are right about him missing Teppo.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:20 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglolnub View Post
Welp, I guess Emelin is going to rethink fighting anyone for awhile

That or fight in your weight class so you don't get owned.
He can't fight. He hits hard, but isn't a fighter. Emelin got metal plates all over his face after a fight in the KHL. So normally he shoulden't even be dropping them (You will understand why if you watched the video)

Good Game boys. Exciting third period, at least on our side of things.

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:22 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
Ok, we agree nobody's put him in the elite ranks and I overstated that. But there's little that he's showing right now that demonstrates his potential for me. I think he's regressed this season.

I've been patient but it's frustrating to see how badly he's played tonight.

I think posters are right about him missing Teppo.
Myers only looked bad when the entire team did tonight. I don't see anyone berating Hodgson for that defensive mess, though he was very responsible for that GA as well (turnover, followed by not understanding what the hell covering your man looks like). Myers has been churning the right direction the last several games. There's no way Buffalo wins by trading him now anyway. His value if he pans out is going to be a million times greater than what a GM would pay for him while he's struggling.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:43 PM
HabsHockey*

That save was insane. Anyone have a YouTube? Can't find it.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:51 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Myers only looked bad when the entire team did tonight. I don't see anyone berating Hodgson for that defensive mess, though he was very responsible for that GA as well (turnover, followed by not understanding what the hell covering your man looks like). Myers has been churning the right direction the last several games. There's no way Buffalo wins by trading him now anyway. His value if he pans out is going to be a million times greater than what a GM would pay for him while he's struggling.
I've been of the same mind as you all the past 2 and 1/2 seasons but he continues to have problem in his game that I am growing concerned about. He's young and I recognize that it definitely takes time to mould rough clay into an all-pro defenseman.

So, who's the playing the role of mould maker here?

Honestly, I know he's not going anywhere. I've just reached the point where I've come to the conclusion that he's no longer in my untradeable at any price category.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:38 AM
slovakia18
English? I can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakia18 View Post
today .
win 3:2
i am god.

slovakia18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:57 AM
FanboySlayer*

Wins are meaningless now though I know for fanboys there is never such a thing as a meaningless win. Find hope in the performances of individual players but a win last night nor a 5 game winning streak can cover up the stink of an organization that is in complete disarray with massive gaps in talent that only expansion teams have to deal with.

And that is how Terry Pegula and his advisors, and we the fans, need to look at the Buffalo Sabres in 2013, a new organization from the ground up. A new GM, with a new management team and scouting staff. Nobody here I see mentions the name Kevin Devine, and his part in the mess Regier has dumped in our laps. In most NHL organizations it's the director of amateur scouting, that's Devine, who makes the call on who gets drafted. Picks get debated amongst the scouting and management staff but these underachievers in most cases were picked by Kevin Devine. Regier is ultimately responsible and the time is now for regime change. Don't cry for Darcy, he leaves with his contract extension in his briefcase and a lifetime supply of Turtle Wax.

As an expansion team we need to draft in the top 3 of this year's draft, with a shot at our first franchise player in god knows when.
When we last made a selection in the top 3 of the amateur draft, many of the posters on this board weren't even gleams in their daddy's eyes. It was 1987 and the Sabres selected Pierre Turgeon with the first pick overall. Our luck there was no franchise player in that draft, Turgeon was as close as their was. We're due for some luck.

I watched that game last night hungry for another loss, as every Sabres fan should. This team can't be assembled into a legitimate Stanley Cup contender any other way than through the draft. There just isn't enough of a talent base at any position to do it any other way.

Last night's win was a defeat in my books. Five shots on goal after the first period. I hope that mess of a 'win' last night doesn't cost us a Seth Jone or Nathan McKinnon.

FanboySlayer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboySlayer View Post
Wins are meaningless now though I know for fanboys there is never such a thing as a meaningless win. Find hope in the performances of individual players but a win last night nor a 5 game winning streak can cover up the stink of an organization that is in complete disarray with massive gaps in talent that only expansion teams have to deal with.

And that is how Terry Pegula and his advisors, and we the fans, need to look at the Buffalo Sabres in 2013, a new organization from the ground up. A new GM, with a new management team and scouting staff. Nobody here I see mentions the name Kevin Devine, and his part in the mess Regier has dumped in our laps. In most NHL organizations it's the director of amateur scouting, that's Devine, who makes the call on who gets drafted. Picks get debated amongst the scouting and management staff but these underachievers in most cases were picked by Kevin Devine. Regier is ultimately responsible and the time is now for regime change. Don't cry for Darcy, he leaves with his contract extension in his briefcase and a lifetime supply of Turtle Wax.

As an expansion team we need to draft in the top 3 of this year's draft, with a shot at our first franchise player in god knows when.
When we last made a selection in the top 3 of the amateur draft, many of the posters on this board weren't even gleams in their daddy's eyes. It was 1987 and the Sabres selected Pierre Turgeon with the first pick overall. Our luck there was no franchise player in that draft, Turgeon was as close as their was. We're due for some luck.

I watched that game last night hungry for another loss, as every Sabres fan should. This team can't be assembled into a legitimate Stanley Cup contender any other way than through the draft. There just isn't enough of a talent base at any position to do it any other way.

Last night's win was a defeat in my books. Five shots on goal after the first period. I hope that mess of a 'win' last night doesn't cost us a Seth Jone or Nathan McKinnon.
I guess Brendan Shanahan and Joe Sakic wouldn't be construed as franchise players?

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote