HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Franchise Hockey Manager 2014

Old
03-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Marns
@thestretchpass

vCash: 500
Can't wait for the Mac version.

Marns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 813
Any idea if there will ever be a Windows 8 Marketplace version and/or a Windows RT (ARM compiled) version? I don't know how difficult any of that stuff is, just would love to have the ability to download it to my Surface when I don't have my laptop around.

If not, how will the online league end up working? I'm planning on being a GM/Commish of an online league when it gets put together (can we have multiple Commish as well?) and without being able to locally install it on a tablet, does the online install also place the program onto the domain used for the league?

I've never seen OOTP or played it, so I'm just looking for some information on what to expect from the online league features in September as I'll be preparing a league and doing a forum draft, rules, etc leading up to the Sept release date.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Tempted to sim a season and see what happens. Just for fun.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Any idea if there will ever be a Windows 8 Marketplace version and/or a Windows RT (ARM compiled) version? I don't know how difficult any of that stuff is, just would love to have the ability to download it to my Surface when I don't have my laptop around.
No plans yet, which isn't to say we haven't talked about eventually doing something mobile device-based. But for now all the focus is on the PC/Mac version.

Quote:
If not, how will the online league end up working? I'm planning on being a GM/Commish of an online league when it gets put together (can we have multiple Commish as well?) and without being able to locally install it on a tablet, does the online install also place the program onto the domain used for the league?

I've never seen OOTP or played it, so I'm just looking for some information on what to expect from the online league features in September as I'll be preparing a league and doing a forum draft, rules, etc leading up to the Sept release date.
The online OOTP manual (link) actually has a pretty good summary of how everything works in their online leagues. FHM probably won't be exactly the same, but you can get a good feel for the general setup.

Lard_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:56 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

Is there an easier way to set line ups without click and dragging names from roster to roster spot?

TaiMaiShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:18 PM
66-29-33

I'm just fooling around on it.

Tried to trade Stamkos for Malkin, got laughed at.
Traded Kunitz+Bennett for Stewart
Signed Mark EATON to an 8 year deal worth 10M per year LMAOOOOOOOOO!!!!! key player+no trade clause

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Lard_Lad

First update is up:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3461101

Note that it doesn't include the database update (aside from the removal of a bunch of duplicated players), which will be coming on Wednesday.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
For whatever reason, whenever I try to download the exe for the update it thinks it's a duplicate of the initial exe for setup. Will it not work in this way or do I need to delete the original exe to run it successfully?

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:44 AM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
For whatever reason, whenever I try to download the exe for the update it thinks it's a duplicate of the initial exe for setup. Will it not work in this way or do I need to delete the original exe to run it successfully?
No, just download the update .exe and run it, it's the same name as the original setup file so it'll probably append a (2) to the downloaded file's name, but it'll work fine when you run it.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 813
I made Erik Johnson into a Core Player and put him on his proper side (RD) and now he's angry at me? Logical...

I also traded Hunwick, Kobasew and some AHL dude for Kulikov, hahahaha.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:14 AM
JxStaalx11
#BeauKnows!

Finally! been waiting for so long a new game is coming out. having trouble playing the beta tho.

JxStaalx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:57 AM
duari91

Once the trade/contract issues get sorted out, I believe this game will top the hockey sim list. In my opinion, it fills in all of the holes that EHM 07 had, which is good for all of us.

By the way, the next beta fix/update is expected to hit this wednesday.

duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:45 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

I just found out about this today! Can't wait to go home and buy it!!

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Market Street Heroes

How are the actual match simulations in this game? My biggest gripe with EHM was that games were constantly ending 10-8 or 15-7, etc... very unrealistic.

Market Street Heroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Street Heroes View Post
How are the actual match simulations in this game? My biggest gripe with EHM was that games were constantly ending 10-8 or 15-7, etc... very unrealistic.
Right now scoring is a bit on the low side and will be tweaked. But as low as it is already much more realistic than the last version of EHM.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:06 PM
archibalduk
EHM The Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Street Heroes View Post
Scoring levels are being set individually for each league and will be customisable in game (via the Commissioner Mode) on a per league basis. So scoring levels should be at a more realistic level than EHM.

archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:37 AM
JxStaalx11
#BeauKnows!

woot bought it! will buy getting this for my dad and brother for their birthdays ha.

JxStaalx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:37 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

I'll be buying it and will start playing around with it later today, would you rather I post thoughts/bugs here or on the OOTP forum?

Old
03-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
I'll be buying it and will start playing around with it later today, would you rather I post thoughts/bugs here or on the OOTP forum?
OOTP, please.

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:58 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
OOTP, please.

All right

Old
03-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Lard_Lad

This week's update (both game and data) is up:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...available.html

Some people seem to be running into an issue because the previous update is still in their browser cache; if it's still version 0.9.4 after you update, clear the cache and redownload.

And any unwelcome NHL changes this week can be blamed on me, not Mike.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Intoewsables

Just bought the game today and I'm really loving it. It certainly has a few bugs but once those are sorted out, FHM should be incredible.

I do seem to be stuck right now though. My game keeps crashing when I try to sim past the first day of the NHL playoffs and I can't seem to figure out why. I guess I'll keep playing around and seeing if I can get past it.

edit: Pressing "Setup Organization" fixed it. Cool.

Also, is/will it be possible to control multiple teams? I looked around and didn't see an option for it so I'm hoping it'll be implemented in the full release (or sooner).

I know it would probably be better if I had posted this on OOTP but I don't feel like registering over there right now.

Last edited by Intoewsables: 03-23-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

Hey guys, I just have a bit of a homer question. As a Sens fan, I was just curious how defense man scoring works in the game. I edited Karlsson's in game stats to what I believe are realistic. His offense is through the roof while his defense is solid in all areas other than physicality. I'm about 10 games into my season and Karlsson has 2 assists while playing top minutes. Not to mention he is considered an inferior defenseman to Marc Methot. So again, just curious as to how offensive defensemen are regarded in the game and if their production is similar as in real life.

Saabman0508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabman0508 View Post
Hey guys, I just have a bit of a homer question. As a Sens fan, I was just curious how defense man scoring works in the game. I edited Karlsson's in game stats to what I believe are realistic. His offense is through the roof while his defense is solid in all areas other than physicality. I'm about 10 games into my season and Karlsson has 2 assists while playing top minutes. Not to mention he is considered an inferior defenseman to Marc Methot. So again, just curious as to how offensive defensemen are regarded in the game and if their production is similar as in real life.
Point production for offensive defenceman is broken at the moment. We had it working properly a few months ago, but then changes in the match engine pushed scoring down much lower than it was supposed to be. We finally got that fixed shortly before the beta release, but while forwards got their scoring back, for some reason top-pair defencemen didn't. Even Orr in historical games doesn't make it out of the 40's. It'll be one of, if not the, first things that get addressed when we start tinkering with the match engine again, which should be soon.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:04 AM
Braeden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
Point production for offensive defenceman is broken at the moment. We had it working properly a few months ago, but then changes in the match engine pushed scoring down much lower than it was supposed to be. We finally got that fixed shortly before the beta release, but while forwards got their scoring back, for some reason top-pair defencemen didn't. Even Orr in historical games doesn't make it out of the 40's. It'll be one of, if not the, first things that get addressed when we start tinkering with the match engine again, which should be soon.
Hey, any idea on when the Mac Beta version is coming? Been waiting ever since you released info about this game coming out! Thanks

Braeden is online now   Reply With Quote