HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Tapered glove fit vs anatomical fit?

Old
03-20-2013, 11:59 AM
wondeROY
danglesnipecelly.nee

vCash: 500
Tapered glove fit vs anatomical fit?

Anyone have experience with both fit types? My local shop isn't very big and lacks the selection i'd like to try out, so I often have to go by others input.

I'm noticing alot of the new gloves have what they refer to as a tapered fit, which I believe means they get more narrower towards the fingers. And then some of them are an anatomical fit, and then we still of course have the volume fit, like the 4 rolls.

Anyone have input after using both types?
Also, preference over Bauer or Reebok gloves? I'm kind of torn between the bauer supreme 180's, and the Reebok 7k kinect fit. I'm currently using some older Easton gloves that have worn thru the thumb, so I think anything will be an upgrade. However my concerns are mobility and flexibility, because my hands are my best asset, so dexterity matters.
Thanks all

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I've tried all variations. All personal preference, but here are my experiences.

Traditional fit for me is so boxy that my hand has so much slop and the glove is constantly twisting around. Then I went down a size and it was better but the fingers were too short. Here I've tried 4-Rolls and a TPS R8's.

I tried tapered fit, but again, there's too much play in the palms and cuffs for my tastes. Felt like the gloves weren't on all the way. This was CCM Vector Pros and Vapors.

So I prefer the anatomical fit that is just a bit loose (in terms of size). I've tried tighter anatomical fit but then I feel like there's not enough protection and the cut of the gloves needs to be perfect for me to be happy. If it's a bit loose, I can deal with the palm being cut a little funky. Did Bauer One75's and currently two pairs of Warrior Koncepts.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:43 PM
ds4130

I currently own Bauer X:60 Pro's which are a tapered fit. While I do actually prefer the way the TotalOne's (anatomical fit) felt nice and snug around my entire hand, the blooming cuff on the X:60's allowed my wrists to feel much more free. Maybe it wasn't as big of a difference as I thought and it was more of a placebo type thing but it set it apart for me. It really is personal preference. I know many people who prefer a traditional glove that fits really loose. My perfect glove would be a Bauer TotalOne glove with the Vapor X:60 cuff.

ds4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I think that's kind of how I would describe my Warriors now. A little looser than the Supreme (just a little) with a wider blooming cuff that never touches my forearm.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I've tried all variations. All personal preference, but here are my experiences.

Traditional fit for me is so boxy that my hand has so much slop and the glove is constantly twisting around. Then I went down a size and it was better but the fingers were too short. Here I've tried 4-Rolls and a TPS R8's.

I tried tapered fit, but again, there's too much play in the palms and cuffs for my tastes. Felt like the gloves weren't on all the way. This was CCM Vector Pros and Vapors.

So I prefer the anatomical fit that is just a bit loose (in terms of size). I've tried tighter anatomical fit but then I feel like there's not enough protection and the cut of the gloves needs to be perfect for me to be happy. If it's a bit loose, I can deal with the palm being cut a little funky. Did Bauer One75's and currently two pairs of Warrior Koncepts.
Thats how I feel with the first 2 as well. Looks like I need to get a pair of anatomical fit gloves to try.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Ozz

I've got pairs of Vapor Pros and Supreme80s, while they do feel different once I get playing I don't find myself focusing on the gloves at all. I can see why some people could dislike either of them, but I don't pick up on it much.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:08 PM
sanityplease

vCash: 50
I'd stay away from the 7k's (go 9k or better). 9k's start using the glove in glove flex cuff design.

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:20 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanityplease View Post
I'd stay away from the 7k's (go 9k or better). 9k's start using the glove in glove flex cuff design.
Flex cuff? The 7Ks have it too... they're the last glove in the line to feature it.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Flex cuff? The 7Ks have it too... they're the last glove in the line to feature it.
It changes a bit to the 9k from what Ive seen and understand.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:00 PM
AIREAYE

You're right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1Z6A4i16g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyeTJfT2oWs

The 7K still has a close-in flex cuff, but is stitched, so not as mobile.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:41 PM
SkateThroughIt

I went to my local hockey shop and tried on every single pair of gloves in my size. Personally, I love the Tapered Fit. I put on a pair of Bauer Vapor X 5.0's and they feel like nothing I have ever worn.

Last edited by SkateThroughIt: 03-20-2013 at 08:02 PM.
SkateThroughIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Redstreak

I picked up a pair of Easton RSs and theyve been great. Nice palms on them too, IMO.

Redstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:50 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateThroughIt View Post
I went to my local hockey shop and tried on every single pair of gloves in my size. Personally, I love the Tapered Fit. I put on a pair of Bauer Vapor X 5.0's and they feel like nothing I have ever worn.
It seems that the tapered fit is the most popular. You get a true 'snug like a glove' feeling in the fingers with the mobility of the cuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstreak View Post
I picked up a pair of Easton RSs and theyve been great. Nice palms on them too, IMO.
What does that have to do with anything?

Old
03-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

I tried all three lines from Bauer and stuck with Vapor (tapered).

Like most said here, it's a matter of preference, as I know guys who exclusively uses 4-rolls, which I thought was way too loose for my liking.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote