HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rozsival,Sykora and rookie camp

Old
08-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Choice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I think Hall brings more to this team than Sykora does. And I think that Hall could come close to Sykora's numbers. But that's not the issue. The issue is Shanahan is an upgrade to Sykora. And so is Prucha.
I don't know if Hall could necessarily put up the stats that Sykora could, or even have the potential for a big year. But I do agree that I would rather have him on the team, because he brings a dimension of a big bodied forward who could possibly cause some havoc in front of the other teams goaltender and wear down opposing defensemen. Something that we certainly did not have last year.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 01:27 PM
J-Dawg

Quote:
If you sign Sykora, what youngsters?
Immonen, Dawes, Jessiman, etc will all get their chance, but wouldn't you rather have experienced insurrance for Straka, Shanahan, Nylander or even Jagr? Granted if we lost those guys, we'd be screwed but do you get what I'm saying? If we can get him at a reasonable price, even for just this season, IMO it'd be worth it...

Last edited by J-Dawg: 08-04-2006 at 10:56 AM.
J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 01:29 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dawg View Post
Immonen, Dawes, Jessiman, etc will all get their chance, but wouldn't you rather have experienced insurrance for Straka, Shanahan, Nylander or even Jagr? Granted if we lost those guys, we'd be f*#ked but do you get what I'm saying? If we can get him at a reasonable price, even for just this season, IMO it'd be worth it...
I get what you're saying but no, I don't feel the need to add another veteran player.

08-03-2006, 01:31 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Immonen, Dawes, Jessiman, etc will all get their chance, but wouldn't you rather have experienced insurrance for Straka, Shanahan, Nylander or even Jagr? Granted if we lost those guys, we'd be f*#ked but do you get what I'm saying? If we can get him at a reasonable price, even for just this season, IMO it'd be worth it...
Um, how do they get their chance if we sign another vet? What spots are open?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 01:33 PM
J-Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Um, how do they get their chance if we sign another vet? What spots are open?
If they sign Sykora, only one spot would be open and that would likely go to Immonen. Dawes, Jessiman et al could use another season tearing up the AHL and be ready for the '07-'08 season...

Old
08-03-2006, 01:44 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
You're not saying that Hall is an upgrade to Sykora, are you?
Nowhere am I saying that. However, Sykora disappointed overall. I am not looking at Hall vs. Sykora for a 2nd line spot. To me, Prucha is the clear winner here. So to me, why sign Sykora to play on 3rd line? In such a role, Ward brings more.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 01:44 PM
True Blue

Quote:
1) The Rangers have plenty of experience on the wing.

2) Renney never played him on the point last season, why would that change now?

If you sign Sykora, what youngsters? Where are they playing?
Says the voice of reason.

Old
08-03-2006, 01:46 PM
True Blue

Quote:
If they sign Sykora, only one spot would be open and that would likely go to Immonen.
Ahhh...no. Only one spot is already open for Immonen. The rest of the wing spots are between Prucha, Ward, Hall, Hollweg & Ortmeyer. Given that the last 4 bring more to the team in their respective roles and on their respective lines that Sykora would, who is getting pushed out?

Old
08-03-2006, 02:07 PM
J-Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Ahhh...no. Only one spot is already open for Immonen. The rest of the wing spots are between Prucha, Ward, Hall, Hollweg & Ortmeyer. Given that the last 4 bring more to the team in their respective roles and on their respective lines that Sykora would, who is getting pushed out?
Hossa, lol j/k. Can Orr be sent back to the AHL? Seriously, even if Immonen started the season in the AHL, he'd definitely be up by no later than December.

They told Sykora going into the off-season that they'd get a center for him on the second line, that center is Cullen, all that's left is to re-sign Sykora.

I'm sorry if you don't agree, but I don't think I'm the only one who would like to see Sykora back if the price is right...

Old
08-03-2006, 02:14 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Hossa, lol j/k. Can Orr be sent back to the AHL? Seriously, even if Immonen started the season in the AHL, he'd definitely be up by no later than December.

They told Sykora going into the off-season that they'd get a center for him on the second line, that center is Cullen, all that's left is to re-sign Sykora.

I'm sorry if you don't agree, but I don't think I'm the only one who would like to see Sykora back if the price is right...

So in other words, kids get a chance to play only after we sign vets for spots and then have those vets get hurt during the season. Did you ENJOY the late 90s?!?!

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 02:20 PM
J-Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
So in other words, kids get a chance to play only after we sign vets for spots and then have those vets get hurt during the season. Did you ENJOY the late 90s?!?!
...oh the memories, make it stop...

Hey I'm all for the kids playing, but when you can get a sniper & former captain to re-sign on the cheap, I think you go for it...

I'm for whatever can get us to the cup in '06-'07, nuff said...

Old
08-03-2006, 02:32 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Can Orr be sent back to the AHL? Seriously, even if Immonen started the season in the AHL, he'd definitely be up by no later than December.
Orr should not even be mentioned during this discussion. As for Immonen, he plays C, while Sykora plays RW. The player to get pushed out has to be one of Prucha, Ward, Hall, Hollweg or Ortmeyer.
Quote:
I'm for whatever can get us to the cup in '06-'07, nuff said...
I do not think that most people think of this team as a legit Cup contender.

Old
08-03-2006, 04:29 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Orr should not even be mentioned during this discussion. As for Immonen, he plays C, while Sykora plays RW. The player to get pushed out has to be one of Prucha, Ward, Hall, Hollweg or Ortmeyer.

I do not think that most people think of this team as a legit Cup contender.
How can you possibly say that.. The Rangers have as good as a chance as ANYONE in the East to reach the Finals next year, provided no major injuries occur... Remember, the Rangers were unbeatable for a stretch b4 the olympic break... IMO, the improvements this team made brought this team in the upper echelon of the league.

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote