HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 12:49 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

vCash: 500
Still can't believe some red wings fans want this team to be buyers at the deadline. Have you been living under a rock for the past year or so?

Old
03-20-2013, 01:04 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Still can't believe some red wings fans want this team to be buyers at the deadline. Have you been living under a rock for the past year or so?
I don't think there are enough people in the fanbase that think long-term. Granted you should be a little greedy as a fan, but this team shouldn't be a buyer. Not because we owe it to Datsyuk or we need to get to 22 straight, those are garbage reasons.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:07 PM
BSHH
HSVer & Rotflügel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Under the rock I have been living playoff participants usually are buyers instead of sellers at the deadline. Furthermore, under the very same rock, the Red Wings currently hold the distinction as being the team with the most consecutive post-season appearances.

However, please tell me about your world: What should the Red Wings do at the deadline?

Gruß,
BSHH

Old
03-20-2013, 01:25 PM
wingfan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSHH View Post
Under the rock I have been living playoff participants usually are buyers instead of sellers at the deadline. Furthermore, under the very same rock, the Red Wings currently hold the distinction as being the team with the most consecutive post-season appearances.

However, please tell me about your world: What should the Red Wings do at the deadline?

Gruß,
BSHH
We are a playoff team right now. Are we a contender? No. Would adding one piece like Iginla or Visnovsky automatically make us a contender? No. We are a few pieces away, we aren't close to aa division title. There is no reason to trade assets/futures for aging rentals. I'm ok with the Wings not being a contender every year if it means Holland is able to give us a competittive product while properly managing assets.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:29 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:

Gruß,
BSHH
Sell some of our older boarder-line useless players for value, who cares about 22 or 23 if it leads to a five year no show after year 23. They have a real chance to go to the playoffs while being a minimal seller. They don't need to buy anything they are a couple pieces away from being a true contender. The way they would make a deep run is through Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Howard. Nothing out there without significantly damaging the future of this team is going to change that even Iginla. So why panic buy, that is silly, sure if the right deal comes up, but that is much more likely to happen at the draft when prices aren't completely stupid.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Kiddington
heehats

Mike Komisarek on waivers. go4itkenneh.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:37 PM
jroc86

Dekeyser signing would make me happy.

Jagr is likely not too expensive right now ... for the same reason Id want Iginla -purely because I think hed be an unreal fit with Datsyuk no matter how short lived it might be.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:37 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddington View Post
Mike Komisarek on waivers. go4itkenneh.

This board would explode.

Seriously. The Wings board here would be overrun with people wanting to fire Holland. I'd probably join them.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:44 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
J-Bo is not a #3 defenseman on the Wings. He would be a sure-fire top pairing guy with us and would allow Big Rig to slide back down to the second paring.

I am curious as to what Calgary would want for J-Bo...I would not be opposed to giving up Nyquist, Ian White and Emmerton. Probably too light of a package though
Bouwmeester plays way too much like Kronwall for them to play together, they would be a defensive disaster. I also don't think he's better than Kronwall so the likelihood of him pushing Kronwall down to #3 is also slim.

That leaves him as the #3 defenceman at best. He'd be good help for the PP though.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:50 PM
TatarTangle

Quote:

Gruß,
BSHH
Participation awards don't mean anything. Especially when this years team is considerably worse than teams in the past.

If people are cool with 'just making the playoffs' then this team has a bleak future

Old
03-20-2013, 01:52 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Wings need Dan Boyle and Sergei Gonchar.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:06 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
And Jagr, Knuble....

Old
03-20-2013, 02:33 PM
newfy

If its me I would be selling off a lot of the bottom 6ers. The bottom 6 for playoffs is better with guys like Sheahan, Ferraro and Tatar. I would acquire some picks. And really guys like Eaves and Miller have been nothing in the playoffs since theyve been here. Its a big part of why the wings were unsuccessful. Back when they were winning more the bottom 6 was doing stuff out there, those guys dont

Old
03-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Flowah
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
Participation awards don't mean anything. Especially when this years team is considerably worse than teams in the past.

If people are cool with 'just making the playoffs' then this team has a bleak future
Participation means nothing in a league where over half the teams in the league make the playoffs every damn year

It's not great accomplishment to squeak in. All that really says is that you're average. Congratulations. You're average.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:00 PM
BinCookin

The irony is we can do BOTH at the same time.

We should be sellers of:

Cleary, Miller, Eaves, Emmerton (basically anyone in the bottom six)

We should be buyers of anyone IF they can be had for any of the people listed above.

Our team gets better with our young kids, not worse.

Selling is buying. Selling the garbage is buying the future.

If picking up Iginla or Horton is doable at the cost of lets say
"Franzen + Nyquist or Franzen + Tatar" I do not want to.

We have a better chance of winning THIS YEAR. With Tatar and Nyquist.

Just freaking play them ! LOL

Old
03-20-2013, 03:02 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
If its me I would be selling off a lot of the bottom 6ers. The bottom 6 for playoffs is better with guys like Sheahan, Ferraro and Tatar. I would acquire some picks. And really guys like Eaves and Miller have been nothing in the playoffs since theyve been here. Its a big part of why the wings were unsuccessful. Back when they were winning more the bottom 6 was doing stuff out there, those guys dont
We could sell all of the following for 3rd to 7th rounders and I'd be fine
Cleary
Bertuzzi
Samuelsson
Eaves
Miller

Go into the playoffs with this

Frazen Zetterberg Nyquist
Flip Datsyuk Brunner
Andersson Helm Tatar
Abdelkader Emmerton Tootoo

I honestly think we'd be better this year and better off in the future because of it

Old
03-20-2013, 03:07 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Participation means nothing in a league where over half the teams in the league make the playoffs every damn year

It's not great accomplishment to squeak in. All that really says is that you're average. Congratulations. You're average.
The better part of the streak which was ruined in the last couple years was they had home ice in all those years until then.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:18 PM
BinCookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Cleary
Bertuzzi
Samuelsson
Eaves
Miller

Flip Datsyuk Brunner
Andersson Helm Tatar

I honestly think we'd be better this year and better off in the future because of it
Just for a counter argument, what if Helm, Flip and Emmerton get hurt.

Who do we call up??

Can Shehan/Ferrarro actually play 4th line minutes???

I have a feeling holland does not think so.

But I am with you, agree completely, but also admit our depth if injuries occur is hurt a lot.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:19 PM
LeftBackLegend

Quote:
Cleary
Bertuzzi
Samuelsson
Eaves
Miller

Flip Datsyuk Brunner
Andersson Helm Tatar

I wholeheartedly agree.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:23 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
Just for a counter argument, what if Helm, Flip and Emmerton get hurt.

Who do we call up??

Can Shehan/Ferrarro actually play 4th line minutes???

I have a feeling holland does not think so.

But I am with you, agree completely, but also admit our depth if injuries occur is hurt a lot.
Yes they can on Sheahan and Ferraro, would feel terrible for Grand Rapids if that happens, good luck Mrazek stealing games. But this is a scenario they shouldn't run from Ferraro and Sheahan have been flat out awesome.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:48 PM
CorbeauNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
I'm not crazy about Gonchar but I could definitely go for Boyle. He wouldn't be a long-term option but he'd be a good veteran intermediary presence while the younger guys gain their legs for the NHL.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:50 PM
newfy

Quote:
Cleary
Bertuzzi
Samuelsson
Eaves
Miller

Flip Datsyuk Brunner
Andersson Helm Tatar

Agree except I'd shop White around as well

Old
03-20-2013, 03:51 PM
r7carlson24

I'm sure Holland understands where the Wings are as a team and I really doubt he would make another depth move like he did with Quincey last year. Most of us didn't imagine we'd go from 2nd in the standing to a 1st round exit.

I don't have a huge issue trading prospects if the pipeline is as good as believed. There simply won't be enough room for all of our prospects assuming they pan out to be NHLers. It's time to move some of them if we can strengthen our defense or our top 6. The deadline is crazy nowadays and I don't think there's any need to pay a ransom. Ride out the season and explore the options in the offseason.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Cleary
Bertuzzi
Samuelsson
Eaves
Miller

Flip Datsyuk Brunner
Andersson Helm Tatar

Pretty much we are not going to trade injured Bertuzzi or Samuelsson even when they are healthy, because they have NTC's. I always see red when somebody is suggesting to trade these players or buy these players out. Those acts will never happen, because our GM respects his given NTC's. So it just daydreaming.

But I wouldn't mind trading that Miller+Cleary+Eaves -combo out from the organization and leave Bertuzzi and Samuelsson to be our 13th and 14th depth forwards. Then the playoff roster would be just like that you wrote above.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:

Gruß,
BSHH
I think the concern is that the Wings could be giving up high quality playoff appearances tomorrow for relatively low quality playoff appearances today.

Closed Thread