HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2012-13 Waivers (S. Kostitsyn, Gerbe, Colaiacovo)

Old
03-20-2013, 11:14 AM
xECK29x

vCash: 500
Poor Boychuk, wasn't McLean waived and claimed like 5 times last year?

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:14 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Boychuk again?
Has the chance to tie the record for most teams played for in a season: 4.

Car, Pit, NSH.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:20 AM
John McClane

vCash: 287
Poor Boychuk. Wonder where he'll end up this time.

John McClane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Metro Misfits
Misfits of the Metro

Komi to Hurricanes, my guess, Faulk out 2-4 weeks

Metro Misfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:32 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Boychuk will be claimed by the Canes so they can send him down, as long as another team doesn't claim him again

I just think Boychuk is content being a pro hockey player, even if it's not the NHL. Doesn't really seem eager to prove himself or pissed about being waived/demoted which is a shame.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Adam Hall has had a bizarre little career.

Second round pick of Nashville, becomes a full time NHLer in his first full season of pro hockey at 22, puts up 28 points, next season he puts up 27, then the year after the lock-out he puts up 29 then NEVER touches 20 points again after being traded. He goes to the Rangers and gets just 12 points and is traded midseason and adds 5 points to his total. Signs with Pittsburgh, puts up just 6 points and ends up with Tampa. In Tampa he has a middling season, and the next year ends up in the AHL for the entire season. He then works hard and gets back to the NHL and had two solid seasons in Tampa, before being a frequent healthy scratch this season and ending up on waivers. He could get picked up, but it might just be the end of the line for him now.
So what you're saying here, caley, is that Adam Hall was the first sign of a player having the offensive life sucked out of him as a member of the Rangers?

First of many.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Please someone take komisarek !

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit Semin View Post
Komi to Hurricanes, my guess, Faulk out 2-4 weeks
Maybe, good chunk of salary to take on but not a bad short-term replacement. Pretty sure Nonis has been shopping Komi around for a while so it shows just how little interest there has been. Shame really as he hasn't been so bad.

Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Maybe, good chunk of salary to take on but not a bad short-term replacement. Pretty sure Nonis has been shopping Komi around for a while so it shows just how little interest there has been. Shame really as he hasn't been so bad.
Yeah it's too bad, Komi most definitely deserves a better fate. That said it just goes to show what a bad contract can do to a player's career.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Teamcanada

I wouldnt mind if the Oilers claimed either player available on waivers.

Komi would be a better bet than Potter & Peckham. Can either Boychuk him later or he becomes the new Ryan Jones for the Oil. (The key being the NMC is done, now that he has waived it)

Teamcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:06 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
Please someone take komisarek !
Give us a minute, we have to figure out this stupid fax machine.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Carolina takes back Boychuk?

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Honour Over Glory

Boychuk blows, the effort is there, but for some reason he changes his game from AHL to NHL and is a completely different player. Maybe his hockey IQ is limited at the NHL level and it's best at the AHL level.

At this point, maybe in 2-3yrs he's a late bloomer and makes it and finally breaks into the league as a full timer. For now, man he needs more time in the AHL, maybe a full year or two more.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:31 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Hmph.. I'm surprised that it took Komisarek this long to waive his NMC.

Hopefully he gets claimed, but I highly doubt it. If nothing else, his departure will open up a seat in the press-box for someone else should the need arise.

Yet another bad Burke acquisition off the roster. I sure won't miss him. Never wanted him in a Leaf uniform in the first place.

Excellent move, Nonis!

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:32 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Carolina takes back Boychuk?
Apparently we can't unless we plan on him staying up in the NHL, he'd have to clear waivers again to be sent down. But if we did that supposedly the Pens could claim him and send him down to Wilkes-Barr without him having to clear waivers again. Basically they have dibs on sending him down without waivers now, not us. But I'm not sure the Pens would claim him anyway.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:53 PM
jameswrjobe53

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by visor wearing goon View Post
Apparently we can't unless we plan on him staying up in the NHL, he'd have to clear waivers again to be sent down. But if we did that supposedly the Pens could claim him and send him down to Wilkes-Barr without him having to clear waivers again. Basically they have dibs on sending him down without waivers now, not us. But I'm not sure the Pens would claim him anyway.
This was my concern,

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:21 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor wearing goon View Post
neither team has this option.
not carolina before or pittsburgh now.

well, not at as just a given.

the players previous team only gets a chance to send him straight to the minors if it has been less than 30days since they lost him and he has played less than 10 games since they lost him.

i do believe thats how it works

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:32 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
neither team has this option.
not carolina before or pittsburgh now.

well, not at as just a given.

the players previous team only gets a chance to send him straight to the minors if it has been less than 30days since they lost him and he has played less than 10 games since they lost him.

i do believe thats how it works
Pittsburgh fits both of those criteria

Old
03-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I know a lot of people think it does but "waiver priority" as some people term it does not exist. However, I was under the impression the original waiving team did have that AHL option if in fact Boychuk clears and no one else puts in a claim, meaning Carolina is the team with that option.

To my knowledge, if Carolina puts in a claim and is the only team to do so, they can still send him directly down to Charlotte, despite the Penguins being involved in the picture at some point this season. The Hurricanes were the original waiving team. Someone might be able to confirm or deny this (if so, please correct me or confirm what I'm saying) but that's the assumption I have.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:47 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
If Calgary is planning on making some trades I could see them picking up Boychuck and seeing what he has.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Boom Boom Anton

There is no "waiver priority" but according to the Charlotte Checkers PR guy, here's the scoop on ability to send to the AHL without waivers:

Quote:
Paul Branecky ‏@PaulBranecky 22s

Carolina no longer has ability to claim Boychuk and assign him directly to AHL. Pittsburgh, which most recently lost him, now has that right

Theoretically, Canes could claim Boychuk, keep him in NHL for a few days and then put him back on waivers for purpose of reassignment

However, catch is that Nashville could then reclaim him and assign him directly to Milwaukee. MIL currently one point out of playoff spot
So if all that's true:

If Carolina puts in a claim and they are the team with the worst record that puts in a claim, they will get him, but in order to send him to Charlotte, they would have to waive him again and he'd have to clear waivers to go to the AHL. If that happens and Nashville puts in a claim and the claim is successful, they can send him to the AHL without going through waivers again.

If Carolina doesn't claim him, Pittsburgh does claim him and their claim is successful, then they can send him down to the AHL without waivers again.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
There is no "waiver priority" but according to the Charlotte Checkers PR guy, here's the scoop on ability to send to the AHL without waivers:

So if all that's true:

If Carolina puts in a claim and they are the team with the worst record that puts in a claim, they will get him, but in order to send him to Charlotte, they would have to waive him again and he'd have to clear waivers to go to the AHL. If that happens and Nashville puts in a claim and the claim is successful, they can send him to the AHL without going through waivers again.

If Carolina doesn't claim him, Pittsburgh does claim him and their claim is successful, then they can send him down to the AHL without waivers again.
Alright, well this information proved me incorrect but I understand the rule now. What a weird back-and-forth exchange. He's likely to end up in WBS IMO. Unless another team claims him, I think the Pens will be the only one and will send him right down. If Carolina claims him they must keep him on the NHL roster.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Alright, well this information proved me incorrect but I understand the rule now. What a weird back-and-forth exchange. He's likely to end up in WBS IMO. Unless another team claims him, I think the Pens will be the only one and will send him right down. If Carolina claims him they must keep him on the NHL roster.
I still take that info with a grain of salt though. The guy tweeting it is officially affiliated with the Checkers and did say he was seeking clarification before tweeting it, so it's likely true, but there has been confusion on in the past though.

I read through the old CBA (don't think this part has changed in the new CBA) and what it says is "the original owning Club". I thought that to mean Carolina until I saw those tweets as I didn't see any wording that says who the "original owning club" is when a player is waived multiple times.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Stad
@Malkin2Horny

LOL Boychuk.

Stad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Drunk World Order

Boston should grab him...he won't have to worry about Lucic anymore and get back to his game. I really do believe he would fit nicely with the bruins.

Drunk World Order is offline   Reply With Quote