HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Encompassing Call-ups Thread (4/29: Thomas, 9 others recalled to NYR)

Old
03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

vCash: 500
Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Hagelin - Stepan - Callahan
Kreider - Miller - Pyatt
Boyle - Halpern - Powe

If that first line can pick it up and get something going, and Kreider translates his play in the AHL to the big leagues, this team might actually become competitive.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Haley NEEDS to be on this team...what the heck is wrong with our coaching staff ??? We are TOO soft !!! Haley can skate , hit and agitate and probably would have potted a couple eventually . Geesh...I hate Torts more and more every game and I lump Sather into that too .

I do like Kreider...I agree with that move...but for the sake of God...let the kid play and take his lumps and learn from them . Haley would have been a perfect guy to help this kid on the ice and he could skate with CK better than 3-4 other of our 3/4 line guys can and he would have popped Orpik on that hit without any thought given .
I like Haley and would be happy with him staying up on the team but he hasn't done anything to say that the team needs him. He's had maybe one fight? A couple of hits but nothing that stands out.

With Asham coming back they'll have a player who can provide much of the same and has a bit more offense in his game

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Dangleberry

When the hell are they gonna send Bickel down? Enough is enough already.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I like Haley and would be happy with him staying up on the team but he hasn't done anything to say that the team needs him. He's had maybe one fight? A couple of hits but nothing that stands out.

With Asham coming back they'll have a player who can provide much of the same and has a bit more offense in his game
Calling b.s. on. This Haley played very well in his role never took dumb penalties and keep his cool . The lack of toughness on this roster is a joke . Boyle sucks ass and is a waste as is his twin tampon brother Pyatt .love Kreider but the kids need a protector

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:00 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Steve Zipay

https://twitter.com/JimCerny/status/314448996531851264

Get with the program Steve.
He's been pretty brutal the past few years.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Krams
what a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I liked Haley and I thought he had a place on the team but from a scoring standpoint, it's alright, I suppose. As for Haley potting a few, I doubt that. He ain't exactly a goal scorer.
Brian Boyle is a bad hockey player. Should've sent down Bickel and kept Haley in the lineup.

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
Brian Boyle is a bad hockey player. Should've sent down Bickel and kept Haley in the lineup.
Where did the Boyle bit come from? lol.

03-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Affinity

Brian Boyle is a great hockey player after sitting in the pressbox. He should be a healthy scratch every other game. Glad to see Kreider back! I would love to see him on the line with Stepan and Callahan but then Hagelin, who has played very well, gets displaced! So he'll probably play on the 4th line and get 5 minutes.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Well, I would love to see Kreider with Stepan and Nash. He could be very useful if he is playing with guys who know how to get the puck to him. On the other hand, I really like the Hags-Steps-Nash line and think we should keep it that way.

Other option is to put him with Miller and Callahan.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Calling b.s. on. This Haley played very well in his role never took dumb penalties and keep his cool . The lack of toughness on this roster is a joke . Boyle sucks ass and is a waste as is his twin tampon brother Pyatt .love Kreider but the kids need a protector
We've been playing without a "protector" for several games now, what have happen? Nada niente nothing. What has NOT happen is scoring goals, that is what we need, and hopefully that is what Kreider will provide, something that Haley did not provide. I think the time in AHL was the right choice and that he'll come back more focused and prepared.

Sticky Fingers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Because last night was a perfect example of hank being snow showered bumped and even speared . Go watch second period where he robs clarkson watch number #16 dive in stick first in to hanks groin area. Boyle does nothing .. Watching the only hope we have bumped pushed or whatever with no response makes me sick.. Boyle is will huber reincarnated

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Haley was okay and was maybe good enough to stay up to see if he can improve, but saying this team needs him? Come on. Having Haley in the lineup or not having Haley in the lineup is the least of this team's worries.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:10 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Zipay>Cerny

The ONLY reason I can think of keeping Stu is cuz he can be used a both a D and F (also for his devilishly handsome good looks)

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Zipay>Cerny

The ONLY reason I can think of keeping Stu is cuz he can be used a both a D and F (also for his devilishly handsome good looks)
Stu as a forward is alright. He doesn't do anything good or bad in that regard. Having him at D is awful.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:12 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Hopefully this means they'll sit Pyatt for a game or two when Asham gets back. Pyatt hasn't looked very good offensively the past few weeks.
I like this idea a lot. I love Pyatt. I think he was a solid acquisition. But I think benching him for a game or two will not only rest him but also wake his ass up hopefully.

LOVE that Kreider is back. He earned it. But if he is gona play on the 4th line it is a complete waste. He needs the minutes and he needs it with more talented players. I don't know where you slot him in because Nash-Richards-Gaborik looked great last night, and Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan looked solid too. Glad I'm not the coach LOL. But I wouldn't mind Kreider with Miller and Boyle/Pyatt.

Sucks to see Haley go down. Would rather have waived Bickel and kept Haley.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Well, I would love to see Kreider with Stepan and Nash. He could be very useful if he is playing with guys who know how to get the puck to him. On the other hand, I really like the Hags-Steps-Nash line and think we should keep it that way.

Other option is to put him with Miller and Callahan.
Hags-Steps-Nash haven't played together since Richards came back. I'm okay with it now since Hags-Steps-Cally is also an awesome line. Stepan has been playing so well I think it would be a good idea to put Kreider with him. Anyone but Boyle really...

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Krams
what a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Where did the Boyle bit come from? lol.
Take Boyle out of the lineup, and there's a spot for Haley.

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I thought Boyle looked pretty good last night. Sharper and quicker and more aggressive than he has been for much of the year. Then again that has been the problem with Boyle, he hasn't been able to consistently keep up that play.

At any rate, you have to imagine it's him or Pyatt to the fourth line because it doesn't make sense to call up Kreider to play on the 4th line
He was sharp..for him. I agree. However, he did destroy several scoring opportunities that his linemates worked hard to create. 4th line or bust for him.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Miller-Boyle-Gaborik
Pyatt/Asham-Halpern-Powe/Asham
That 3rd line is retarded. You cannot play Marion Gaborik with Brian Boyle; you just can't. Let Miller center the line of Gaborik and Pyatt. And let Boyle work on getting 4th line minutes.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:25 PM
JD123

If he puts Kreider on the fourth line or plays him fourth line minutes i will throw my remote right thru my tv screen.
Its crazy how we wish we could pair all of our wingers with Stepan and NOT Richards to get them going. lol.
I guess you gotta try out Kreider with Miller although I am sure he would be a great fit with STepan and Nash/Cally.
OR why not reunite the Kreider-Miller-Cally line, but i guess that would break up our best line going right now.
Decisions Decisions

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Although Stepan and Callahan have put 1 nice goal together (Shorthanded against Buffalo) and the garbage goal (Carolina), I think Stepan paired with Nash on RW would make even more happen.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Kreider/Pyatt - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider/Pyatt - Miller - Callahan
Powe - Halpern - Boyle/Asham

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Ail
k.

The Haley demotion is stupid. He's better than Bickel, and Pyatt has been pretty nothingmaster himself. Boyle is soft, but should be the 4C or traded.

Should have let Kreider keep lighting it up in the AHL. I hope they know what they are doing.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD123 View Post
If he puts Kreider on the fourth line or plays him fourth line minutes i will throw my remote right thru my tv screen.
That'll show him.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:33 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
He doesn't have to go through waivers. He's on a 2-way this year.
1-way and 2-way contracts have nothing to do with waiver eligibility. 2-way just means he gets less money to play in the AHL than he does to play in the NHL. On a 1-way, he gets the same money no matter where he plays.

Haley has only played 52 NHL games. If my calculations are correct, he won't be waiver eligible until he plays 60, so no waivers needed to send him down.

Edit: Correction. He has played in 3 NHL seasons after signing his first contract at the age of 23. Therefore he should be subject to waivers.

Last edited by GAGLine: 03-20-2013 at 04:00 PM.
GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:39 PM
ZacUSNYR

I hope Kreider is mentally tough, because this has gotta be an emotional roller coaster.

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote