HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part V - The Countdown

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Trvp Lord

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Anything new on Calle and when he will come over?

Old
03-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Jurky
The Human Genius

vCash: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
Anything new on Calle and when he will come over?
This was posted in the Jarnkrok Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
According to Håkan Andersson, Järnkrok will go to detroit next friday, stay there for a week, watch a few games, meet the guys, maybe practice, but he won't play he says

It also says there's a chance, albeit small, that Järnkrok can stay in Brynäs next year if Detroit thinks he's not ready for the NHL after the summer training camp for prospects

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle16453781.ab
So just coming to visit and not play, will likely play in the WC.

I wanted him to play in GR

Old
03-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Trvp Lord

That's lame. I wanted to see him in GR, or Det too.,

Old
03-20-2013, 12:44 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
That's lame. I wanted to see him in GR, or Det too.,
Yeah this is a mistake in my opinion.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:06 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
The games are in Sweden. I know NA doesn't care much about them but they are huge in Europe.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:16 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
The games are in Sweden. I know NA doesn't care much about them but they are huge in Europe.
He got to stay home for a whole season by getting loaned back, it is time for Calle to be in North America or else he better not whine when he gets no chance at cracking the lineup next year. A big playoff run over here would have helped that. He went to the WC last year unless his role has improved for this addition you're right that it doesn't set my world on fire. I want him to start making the case, he cannot do that as well on international ice in my opinion.

I was thinking the other day what if Sproul could make the Team Canada WC team, would you rather he do that than play in Grand Rapids? That is more interesting because he plays against plays against junior players all year in a NA rink and has not been to the World Championships before. But even with him I would lean towards the GR approach that is if Canada was even interested.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:22 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
He got to stay home for a whole season by getting loaned back, it is time for Calle to be in North America or else he better not whine when he gets no chance at cracking the lineup next year. A big playoff run over here would have helped that. He went to the WC last year unless his role has improved for this addition you're right that it doesn't set my world on fire. I want him to start making the case, he cannot do that as well on international ice in my opinion.

I was thinking the other day what if Sproul could make the Team Canada WC team, would you rather he do that than play in Grand Rapids? That is more interesting because he plays against plays against junior players all year in a NA rink and has not been to the World Championships before. But even with him I would lean towards the GR approach that is if Canada was even interested.
Sproul wouldnt have a chance. Murray played befor ebut he was a second overall pick and was considered extremely NHL ready

Old
03-20-2013, 01:34 PM
joe89

Quote:

Well you cannot use this against Calle, as it is 100% Detroit's decision.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:35 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Sproul wouldnt have a chance. Murray played befor ebut he was a second overall pick and was considered extremely NHL ready
Is Hockey Canada going to carry Reinhart to void his suspension before the next WJC?

Old
03-20-2013, 01:41 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Well you cannot use this against Calle, as it is 100% Detroit's decision.
I would love for them to explain the logic, I know Hakan usually talk about it, was there more to this decision in Swedish that I am missing. I know it is a home WC, do people think he comes if it is in say Prague?

I am not using it against him, I am just saying when people are mystified that he is in Grand Rapids it shouldn't surprise as he basically has no experience on NA ice. I think had he come over this week and started playing in Grand Rapids he would have stronger case and I want him in the NHL as soon as possible because I really am a huge fan. Long-term I think it would be a gain and I am disappointed they aren't doing it. I have a feeling if he asked over it would help also.

This along with the Jensen situation confuses me right now.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:47 PM
joe89

The reasoning in this particular case would probably be more along the lines of, "Calle can play international games at home in April and May, so we'll let him stay there while we can use the ice time with the Griffins for guys like Jurco".

I still think Calle is so valuable long term that he should play games too, not just watch. They have a week to re-think.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Jokerit beat Lukko 3-0 in game one and looked completely dominant. No points for Pulkkinen. He played in the second line with Tyrväinen and Rask and while they were able to keep the puck in the offensive zone, they didn't create much(which probably didn't surprise anyone). Didn't see much pp time from what I saw, the first unit pretty much stayed on the ice through the whole time as they were able to keep the puck in the zone all the time without a break in play.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:22 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
The reasoning in this particular case would probably be more along the lines of, "Calle can play international games at home in April and May, so we'll let him stay there while we can use the ice time with the Griffins for guys like Jurco".

I still think Calle is so valuable long term that he should play games too, not just watch. They have a week to re-think.
Maybe that is a part of the visit, they don't want to dictate to a guy he should think about missing a home World Championship or outright tell him to. Not really the Wings style, but they can present a case and see if he wants to be in Grand Rapids by his own choice. Not feel like they are forcing it on him.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:31 PM
newfy

Quote:
Is Hockey Canada going to carry Reinhart to void his suspension before the next WJC?
I dont think anyone really knows. With how the playoffs might go and everything with the NHL this years worlds will be different. I havent heard anything about carrying Reinhart but it might not be a bad idea

Old
03-20-2013, 02:37 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I dont think anyone really knows. With how the playoffs might go and everything with the NHL this years worlds will be different. I havent heard anything about carrying Reinhart but it might not be a bad idea
I would think Canada would have enough even with the strange schedule. But if I was them and how unhappy they have been with the last couple WJC and the fact they never bring the WC to North America. I really wish they would start sending basically a version of what they think next years World junior team will be. Would like the Americans to do this as well.

Now I know our European friends will be mad at that. But I think it could be valuable for the Youth squads and is something I would seriously consider or at least blending the team half and half.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Jokerit beat Lukko 3-0 in game one and looked completely dominant. No points for Pulkkinen. He played in the second line with Tyrväinen and Rask and while they were able to keep the puck in the offensive zone, they didn't create much(which probably didn't surprise anyone). Didn't see much pp time from what I saw, the first unit pretty much stayed on the ice through the whole time as they were able to keep the puck in the zone all the time without a break in play.
Playing with Tyrväinen and Rask would be like playing with Abdelkader and Emmerton. Basicly cheking line duties...

But that's nothing but good for Detroit. It develops his defensive game. That skill and shot won't disappear anywhere.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
I would think Canada would have enough even with the strange schedule. But if I was them and how unhappy they have been with the last couple WJC and the fact they never bring the WC to North America. I really wish they would start sending basically a version of what they think next years World junior team will be. Would like the Americans to do this as well.

Now I know our European friends will be mad at that. But I think it could be valuable for the Youth squads and is something I would seriously consider or at least blending the team half and half.
That's because Canada and US never apply for hosting duties. 2008 was an exception because it was the IIHF's centennial year.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:23 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
That's because Canada and US never apply for hosting duties. 2008 was an exception because it was the IIHF's centennial year.
I am guessing the NHL/AHL are not big fans of the idea and there is venue conflict would be nice if once every four years they did it later and in a North American site, would really peak my interest in the tournament. I watch it because I am a hockey junky, but I think it sucks that it never comes to the states or Canada. Put it in Quebec City when that building is complete and sits empty because a team isn't coming.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:46 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
What's your guys opinion on nedomel I live in the swift current area he is one big mean sob!!
See this thread
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1379939

Old
03-21-2013, 01:12 PM
BeerLeagueAllStar

Backman's game 5 vs HV71 just started, here's a stream:

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/176207...linkoping.html

#5 in white

Old
03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
ChadS

Bäckman 0+1, +3, 18:42 icetime in a 6-1 win as Linköping win the series 4-1.
Pulkkinen 0+0, +/- 0, 5 shots, 2 PIM, 13:42 icetime in a 5-2 loss. Series tied at 1-1.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Trvp Lord

Now Pulkkinen is set to go off to GR if his team gets eliminated, right?

Old
03-21-2013, 04:50 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Now Pulkkinen is set to go off to GR if his team gets eliminated, right?
I think there's a good chance he'd go there for the playoffs. But I'm 90% sure Jokerit will not be eliminated in this round, despite the loss, as they're facing a team that finished 10th out of 14 in the regular season(Jokerit 1st). So their season will probably end on April 16th at the earliest .

Old
03-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
I think there's a good chance he'd go there for the playoffs. But I'm 90% sure Jokerit will not be eliminated in this round, despite the loss, as they're facing a team that finished 10th out of 14 in the regular season(Jokerit 1st). So their season will probably end on April 16th at the earliest .
If Jokerit were to be eliminated, I'm fairly sure he'll get an invite to Team Finland's training camp.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Bäckman 0+1, +3, 18:42 icetime in a 6-1 win as Linköping win the series 4-1.
Pulkkinen 0+0, +/- 0, 5 shots, 2 PIM, 13:42 icetime in a 5-2 loss. Series tied at 1-1.
Nice, more hockey for Mattias. Just out of curiosity what were his stats for that first round series?

Closed Thread