HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

All-Purpose WTF California Thread

Old
05-17-2012, 03:15 PM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny2134 View Post
Yup. I've lived in California my entire life and it's a piss poor state to do business. It's a case study of how uncontrolled liberalism can turn a state into fiscal ruin.
Yup! Sometimes the truth hurts.

gra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:41 PM
gra
Custom User Title

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/01...lling-weapons/

California sheriff's deputies accused of illegally selling weapons

Quote:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Federal prosecutors announced charges Friday against two Sacramento County sheriff's deputies accused of illegally selling dozens of weapons, some of which authorities say fell into the hands of criminals.

Deputies Ryan McGowan, 31, and Thomas Lu, 42, both of Elk Grove, face charges of trafficking in handguns that cannot be legally bought by citizens in California, including some exotic weapons such as high-powered rifles mounted on pistol frames.

Also charged were firearms dealer Robert Snellings, 61, of Rancho Murieta and Ulysses Simpson Grant Early IV, 36, of Sacramento, who is accused of buying guns. All four were indicted on Thursday and the charges were unsealed Friday.

U.S. Attorney Benjamin Wagoner said the deputies were charged with serving as straw buyers by purchasing the restricted handguns. They then sold the handguns at a profit of thousands of dollars to unqualified buyers through licensed dealers, prosecutors said.

"When law enforcement officers misuse their badges to funnel dangerous weapons to the highest bidder, they compromise the safety of the public," Wagoner said at a news conference. "By putting personal profit ahead of public safety, they undermine the very essence of their duty."
Of course Sheriff Joe would be hailed as hero to the left if he sold weapons to illegal immigrants.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Vyacheslav
Pro

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/01...lling-weapons/

California sheriff's deputies accused of illegally selling weapons

Of course Sheriff Joe would be hailed as hero to the left if he sold weapons to illegal immigrants.

Vyacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:54 PM
gra
Custom User Title

Congrats to San Bernardino for becoming the 3rd city in California to file for bankruptcy.

There will be plenty more in that state to come. I wonder how many cities and towns in Arizona have recently filed or about to file for bankruptcy in the future? So far, I have seen no news articles about any place in AZ filing for bankruptcy.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Vyacheslav
Pro

Quote:
Congrats to San Bernardino for becoming the 3rd city in California to file for bankruptcy.

There will be plenty more in that state to come. I wonder how many cities and towns in Arizona have recently filed or about to file for bankruptcy in the future? So far, I have seen no news articles about any place in AZ filing for bankruptcy.
I haven't seen any in Massachusetts Vermont or Hawaii do that either lately. Does that mean the liberals win?

Old
08-02-2012, 05:44 PM
mooseOAK*

As far as I can remember San Bernardino and Stockton are in the red portion of California.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Ozamataz Buckshank

I haven't looked much into it, but doesn't some of California's money problems have to do with it's ballot initiatives? Basically people love voting for cool stuff, but hate voting for taxes to pay for it. Plus their property tax laws are a little whack.

Ozamataz Buckshank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 06:08 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmastergeneral View Post
I haven't looked much into it, but doesn't some of California's money problems have to do with it's ballot initiatives? Basically people love voting for cool stuff, but hate voting for taxes to pay for it. Plus their property tax laws are a little whack.
Prop 13 said that taxes can only be reassessed on a property after it changes hands which homes do quite frequently and businesses don't plus they have ways of manipulating the system meaning that homeowners get hit the hardest while a successful business like Disneyland pays relatively little, about 1/40th on a per square foot basis.

Amazon fought against California requiring sales tax on online sales which is an advantage over brick and mortar stores and state Republican politicians helped them. That's how screwed up it is.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 01:00 AM
gra
Custom User Title

Good job Jerry Brown and those in California dumb enough to vote this jackass into office.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...intcmp=related

Quote:
AB2189 by Assemblyman Gil Cedillo, D-Los Angeles, will let the Department of Motor Vehicles issue licenses to illegal immigrants eligible for work permits under a new Obama administration policy. The bill requires the department to accept as proof of legal residence whatever document the federal government provides to participants in its deferred action program.

Old
10-02-2012, 01:20 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Tuition is insane. Try going to a uc school out of state. Its unreal.
I know this is an old post, but holy fück
http://admission.universityofcalifor...ate/index.html
for $4000 more you could go to Yale.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Sirquacksalot
¡Viva Los Patos!

Quote:
Good job Jerry Brown and those in California dumb enough to vote this jackass into office.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...intcmp=related
You're right, getting illegal immigrants to sign up for a government issued license so we can keep track of them is a terrible idea, lets just keep them completely anonymous and off of all records. You know that in order to get a license they have to give the government their name address, and take a picture right? Then the government will have all that data... You know who is part of the government and will probably have access to that data? U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement...

But no, we're all just stupid liberals... sigh...

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 02:15 AM
gra
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
You're right, getting illegal immigrants to sign up for a government issued license so we can keep track of them is a terrible idea, lets just keep them completely anonymous and off of all records. You know that in order to get a license they have to give the government their name address, and take a picture right? Then the government will have all that data... You know who is part of the government and will probably have access to that data? U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement...

But no, we're all just stupid liberals... sigh...
More like a system towards giving the democrats more votes and spitting on those who went on about becoming a US Citizen the right way.

Old
10-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Arkansas Shark
Underground Bunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
As far as I can remember San Bernardino and Stockton are in the red portion of California.
lol what?

I live in San Joaquin county a portion of the year, and it went for Obama and McNobody as House representative. Yes that part of the state is not as left wing as the Bay Area, but still leans left because of all the yuppies that live there because of cheaper cost of living who commute to the Bay Area for work.

Arkansas Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 12:35 PM
gra
Custom User Title

Good job California in last nights election. Just when I thought the majority in that state couldn't be anymore dumb, I was wrong. It's going to have to take the next big one in order to get the average IQ in that state to rise.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:23 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 50
Yeah not happy at all with my fellow voters on some of the props

Feinstein too..seriously she like 80

kducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Death To Selfies!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post

Well maybe you guys should have ran a candidate that finished higher than fourth (out of four) in her party's primaries for a congressional seat the only other time she ever ran for office. Feinstein was never going to be challenged by Emken.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 02:47 PM
TesseracT
Kesler, Not KesSler

Another Democrat Success Story

TesseracT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 04:19 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post

Which ones?

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:40 PM
gra
Custom User Title

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-mayors-1-bi...095015218.html

Quote:
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Maureen O'Connor was a physical education teacher who won a seat on the San Diego City Council when she was only 25 years old, later winning two terms as the city's first female mayor as she charmed voters with a populist flair.

But her rapid rise was matched by her fall, culminating Thursday when she acknowledged in federal court that she took $2.1 million from her late husband's charitable foundation during a decade-long gambling spree in which she won — and lost — more than $1 billion.

O'Connor pleaded not guilty to a money laundering charge in an agreement with the Justice Department that defers prosecution for two years while she tries to repay the foundation and receives treatment for gambling.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Vyacheslav
Pro

It's almost unbelievable how someone can even gamble away that much money.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:16 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
Why are you such a bad troll? Stop being lazy and put some effort at least.
That post made me laught for some reason...The idea of a bad troll is just amusing to me...The sad part is that he is in fact a bad, lazy troll...I guess in ways its better that we just get to read his articles and not the stuff that he has to say about them which for sure would have nothing to do with the article itself.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
gra
Custom User Title

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=9034820

Bell corruption trial: Former mayor, 4 council members convicted; Artiga acquitted

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Former Bell Mayor Oscar Hernandez and four former council members were convicted on multiple counts of misappropriation of public funds from the blue-collar city. Former Councilman Luis Artiga was acquitted on all counts.

The defendants -- Hernandez, Artiga and former council members Teresa Jacobo, George Cole, George Mirabal and Victor Bello -- faced 12 to 20 counts of misappropriation of public funds. A key question was whether they had lawful authority to give themselves hefty salaries.

For five weeks, jurors listened to the case presented by the prosecution, asserting that the city officials looted Bell's city treasury. The prosecution argued that as residents of a low-income city, they should have known that their salaries of $60,000 to $100,000 a year were excessive. But the defense said they relied on professionals on staff, including the city attorney, who indicated in documents that the council members did act legally.

Artiga cried as the not guilty verdicts rolled in. He was the newest member of the council. He was acquitted of 12 counts of misappropriation, and the jury also found two special allegations to be not true. After the verdicts were read, Artiga looked at the jurors and said, "Thank you."

Old
03-22-2013, 10:47 PM
gra
Custom User Title

http://news.yahoo.com/feds-raid-17-c...001547479.html

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Hundreds of law enforcement officers on Friday raided Southern California auto parts shops and other businesses suspected of illegally selling nitrous oxide for use as a recreational drug, in what federal authorities said was the nation's largest such raid ever.

Authorities served search warrants on 17 businesses and nine delivery vehicles during the simultaneous raids in Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside counties.

Edward Valencia, 51, Federico Valencia, 58, and Rose Marie Cuellar, 20, were arrested on misdemeanor charges of misbranding a drug in violation of the federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. The Valencia brothers work at Victor Welding Supply in South Los Angeles, and Cuellar is an employee of LA Rush, an auto parts store.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:26 AM
TesseracT
Kesler, Not KesSler

Damn. I was waiting for the part where it said it was a Fast & Furious set.

TesseracT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:59 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap View Post
fify

It disappoints me that you can write a lyric very flippantly—and not a particularly good lyric—and it can mean so much to so many people. That's disillusioning for a writer - George Michael, Careless Whisper
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote