HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Off-topic Thread LIV - Spring better come or else!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2013, 01:43 PM
  #51
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
I get unleaded or w/e it is. I drive a Honda. Unleaded last night was $4.11 a gallon. It's gone down a lot over the last few weeks was around $4.50-4.65 a gallon like 2 weeks ago I think.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 01:46 PM
  #52
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
New girl at work gets dropped off and picked up,.,..and forgot her lunch today...so who does she ask if they can pick her up something? I think we know that answer...So I do, and she gets her wallet out and I say, it's on me, I hope you like it...She keeps telling everyone how nice I am....

In a disturbing side note, I am on antibiotics for two severe ear infections and the labels says "May cause diarrhea weeks or MONTHS after final dossage"... That should put it about May when I start my 4 mile hikes deep into Ringwood State Park...Schweet.
Shall we guess the menu? If I had to say anything, I'd assume it was steak. Tube steak, that is...

What's even more surprising is that she willingly ate something you gave her. I have to believe the other women in the office have already warned her about your penchant for dosing their food and drinks?

LSCII is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 01:49 PM
  #53
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,253
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Shall we guess the menu? If I had to say anything, I'd assume it was steak. Tube steak, that is...

What's even more surprising is that she willingly ate something you gave her. I have to believe the other women in the office have already warned her about your penchant for dosing their food and drinks?
LOL...it is true that 75% of the women in the office can indeed pick my trunk interior out of a police lineup...

WBC8 is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 01:51 PM
  #54
Spoked-B
Registered User
 
Spoked-B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southern NH
Country: United States
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
I'm kinda stuck. The job market out here in the Finger Lakes NY region is pretty much non existent, but my fiance has a great paying job in endocrinology and we're getting married in September. I'd have an opportunity back in NH with the police, but it pays a good deal less than what she makes, and she'd be back to square one in terms of finding a job.

The best plan of action is for me to sit tight while she looks for something back in New England, but I'm going stir crazy in the meantime.
Best of luck, but I gotta say, this might be the only time you'll ever have where you can pretty much spend your hours learning whatever you want. For example, how about a new language? a new hobby? A new technology? Between work and family, you might never again have so much time (and energy/motivation) to learn new things. And there are so many free resources now available online, as well. Maybe it is because I come from a technology background, and there's so much of it out there (to learn), I look at your situation as a great opportunity. So long as your wife-to-be's job is enough to pay the bills, of course.

Spoked-B is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 02:20 PM
  #55
smithformeragent
Moderator
 
smithformeragent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Manchester NH
Country: United States
Posts: 9,093
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoked-B View Post
Best of luck, but I gotta say, this might be the only time you'll ever have where you can pretty much spend your hours learning whatever you want. For example, how about a new language? a new hobby? A new technology? Between work and family, you might never again have so much time (and energy/motivation) to learn new things. And there are so many free resources now available online, as well. Maybe it is because I come from a technology background, and there's so much of it out there (to learn), I look at your situation as a great opportunity. So long as your wife-to-be's job is enough to pay the bills, of course.
Thanks.

This is sort of the way I've been trying to look at it. I've been spending tons of time at the gym as it helps pass the time. I have my masters degree, but I suppose that you never stop learning. I've been studying up for the police exam, so I guess I can use this time to just better myself.

I still sort of feel like I'm just kind of existing. I've never been one to let others pay my way, so it's very awkward to stay home while she's at work all day. I suppose I should be grateful, as we could easily both be out of work in this economy. It just gets hard to find ways to pass the time.

__________________
Don't put metal in the science oven.
smithformeragent is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 02:38 PM
  #56
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,280
vCash: 500
So I have a box of Russell Stover truffles, a box of Russell Stover Pecan Delights and some pink and some white mums.


It has been a long few days. This is me sinking into much needed bliss~


oh and a turkey sammich

Kovi is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 02:41 PM
  #57
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,253
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
So I have a box of Russell Stover truffles, a box of Russell Stover Pecan Delights and some pink and some white mums.


It has been a long few days. This is me sinking into much needed bliss~


oh and a turkey sammich
I love Pecan delights!

WBC8 is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 02:56 PM
  #58
Spoked-B
Registered User
 
Spoked-B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southern NH
Country: United States
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
Thanks.

This is sort of the way I've been trying to look at it. I've been spending tons of time at the gym as it helps pass the time. I have my masters degree, but I suppose that you never stop learning. I've been studying up for the police exam, so I guess I can use this time to just better myself.

I still sort of feel like I'm just kind of existing. I've never been one to let others pay my way, so it's very awkward to stay home while she's at work all day. I suppose I should be grateful, as we could easily both be out of work in this economy. It just gets hard to find ways to pass the time.
I can imagine how difficult it must be. Hopefully when you finally land something, and you WILL land something, you'll be able to look back at this time and think "and as a bonus, I got to (some accomplishment) while waiting to land this gig".

Spoked-B is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:10 PM
  #59
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Been trying to find this commercial I saw Saturday night on youtube. I haven't seen it on TV since. I haven't really watched much TV since mainly DVDs. Commercial is HILARIOUS.

Another Jack N The Box commercial but it appeals to stoners/potheads/marijuana smokers

It's for a new menu item they're doing from 9pm to 5am

Hilarious it is a parody of the movie "Ted"

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:10 PM
  #60
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,280
vCash: 500
Photography is so cut throat.


people make me laugh

Kovi is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:14 PM
  #61
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 20,782
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
New girl at work gets dropped off and picked up,.,..and forgot her lunch today...so who does she ask if they can pick her up something? I think we know that answer...So I do, and she gets her wallet out and I say, it's on me, I hope you like it...She keeps telling everyone how nice I am....

In a disturbing side note, I am on antibiotics for two severe ear infections and the labels says "May cause diarrhea weeks or MONTHS after final dossage"... That should put it about May when I start my 4 mile hikes deep into Ringwood State Park...Schweet.
But but...we'll finally get an answer to that age old question: "Does a bear **** in the woods?"

BMC is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:16 PM
  #62
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
But but...we'll finally get an answer to that age old question: "Does a bear **** in the woods?"

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:17 PM
  #63
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
But but...we'll finally get an answer to that age old question: "Does a bear **** in the woods?"
If the bear is on the same stuff Lou's taking he does **** in the woods. And in the car. And at the office. And on the way to soccer practice. And in the kitchen. And in the bed...

LSCII is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:30 PM
  #64
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 20,782
vCash: 50
Homemade beef stew for dinner. Mom's recipe is the best.

BMC is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
  #65
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Homemade beef stew for dinner. Mom's recipe is the best.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:34 PM
  #66
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Homemade beef stew for dinner. Mom's recipe is the best.
Timing is everything and after Lou's medication discussion, I'm not sure I needed this visual. Gross...

LSCII is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:35 PM
  #67
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Homemade beef stew for dinner. Mom's recipe is the best.
at first I thought we we're going one way with this post, then i read the rest and I was Disappoint.

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:38 PM
  #68
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 18,588
vCash: 500
my roommate talks to the dog as if she understands him.

she's having a spaz attack because of the fact that he's taking her for a walk and she won't sit still to put the pincher collar on.

"do you want to go? what's the matter with you?"

i let him go a little before asking "you know she has no idea what you're saying, right?"

robert terwilliger is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:41 PM
  #69
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
my roommate talks to the dog as if she understands him.

she's having a spaz attack because of the fact that he's taking her for a walk and she won't sit still to put the pincher collar on.

"do you want to go? what's the matter with you?"

i let him go a little before asking "you know she has no idea what you're saying, right?"


um, me to the cat just now...

"did you pee?"



shame corner*

Kovi is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:43 PM
  #70
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
I talk to my dog all the time. She has been snoring all morning too........

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:44 PM
  #71
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
I talk to my dog all the time. She has been snoring all morning too........
my cat woke me up snoring at 2am the other morning.
I thought bees or hornets had gotten into the apartment.

Kovi is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:48 PM
  #72
smithformeragent
Moderator
 
smithformeragent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Manchester NH
Country: United States
Posts: 9,093
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
My soon to be mother in law is the same way, talking to the dog like it is a person. One time, to prove a point, I energetically asked the dog if he'd like to be taken out back, Old Yeller style, and he got very excited at the idea.

She was horrified, but yeah...

smithformeragent is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:49 PM
  #73
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
My soon to be mother in law is the same way, talking to the dog like it is a person. One time, to prove a point, I energetically asked the dog if he'd like to be taken out back, Old Yeller style, and he got very excited at the idea.

She was horrified, but yeah...


you're an azz

Kovi is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:49 PM
  #74
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
My soon to be mother in law is the same way, talking to the dog like it is a person. One time, to prove a point, I energetically asked the dog if he'd like to be taken out back, Old Yeller style, and he got very excited at the idea.

She was horrified, but yeah...
OMG i did this very thing.

My Gf at the time was so thrilled by her dog running to her when she called her that I tried her voice (not very well, but high pitched enough) and said
"Hey wanna go get hit by a car" and the dog ran right to me and jumped up on my legs lol

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:51 PM
  #75
smithformeragent
Moderator
 
smithformeragent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Manchester NH
Country: United States
Posts: 9,093
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Ya, I can be pretty sadistic.

I'm so bored right now. Partying like it's 1991, watching Die Hard again and playing Tecmo Super Bowl. Can't beat the Patriots in pink.

smithformeragent is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.