HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyutin re-signs.

Old
08-03-2006, 04:39 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Please name the last young Ranger player to be booed at MSG.
Jamie Lundmark oh wait he did not get a real shot.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Things are different, but not THAT much different. I still do not see a vet being signed and then traded out of camp to make room for a would-be rookie. Let's hope that I am wrong, but I do not think so. Given the success that the Rangers had last year, I actually think that Renney Co. will backslide and be even less trusting of a rookie. He could not trust Prucha last year to play ahead of a one-armed and clearly floundering Rucinsky.
Agreed. Hope it's not the case, but until I actually see it, I'm skeptical that it will change.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Jamie Lundmark oh wait he did not get a real shot.
I don't recall that and I've been to many more games at MSG than you have. In any case, if it did happen, it was at the end of his stay in New York and NOT in his first season. NO ONE will be booing Staal next season, regardless of his play at MSG (assuming he makes the team).

Old
08-03-2006, 04:45 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:

Tytuin last year by the idiots in the 400's. Had a few bad plays so they started booin in when he touched the puck

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Tytuin last year by the idiots in the 400's. Had a few bad plays so they started booin in when he touched the puck
That really doesn't compare to the way Ozolinsh was booed. Or Weekes for that matter (who was booed when he was introduced at a pre-season game, before playing a minute).

Do you really think Staal would be booed in December?

Old
08-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
That really doesn't compare to the way Ozolinsh was booed. Or Weekes for that matter (who was booed when he was introduced at a pre-season game, before playing a minute).

Do you really think Staal would be booed in December?
No one is going to boo Staal. All the Rangers fans think that he is our future. He will not be booed no matter what.

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 06:54 PM
SickNice

Quote:
Fedor Tyutin. Last year.

Edit: Just read the rest of the thread. I don't think Staal or anyother rookie would get booed. Tyutin was booed because his performance took a sharp dive towards the end of the season.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 06:55 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Things are different, but not THAT much different. I still do not see a vet being signed and then traded out of camp to make room for a would-be rookie. Let's hope that I am wrong, but I do not think so. Given the success that the Rangers had last year, I actually think that Renney Co. will backslide and be even less trusting of a rookie. He could not trust Prucha last year to play ahead of a one-armed and clearly floundering Rucinsky.

Hold on TB. Prucha is by far my favorite player on the team, but this statement is off. Rucinsky didn't flounder...he actually had one of the best seasons of his career last year, one of the few times he had more points than games played.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Fletch

Tyutin was booed...

not after a couple bad plays, but a couple weeks of indifferent play. I whole-heartedly disagree with the booing, which really should be reserved for ex-Devils in Rangers uniforms on the last home game of a miserable season (Driver is the only Ranger I've ever booed). Tyutin didn't deserve that.

Polako - Rucinsky played mostly poorly down the stretch, in the playoffs, and after his injury. He struggled for several weeks after his injury (which is understandable), then played well for a few weeks, and wasn't very good after the Olympics. I'm sure his stats say something different, but that's how I remember it and in November, I was a poster who said that Rucinsky was this team's best forward not named Jagr. I thought he was playing awesome, so there isn't a preconceived bias by me against Ruca (I started calling him Rosie in December instead of Ruca as a result, until his game came around).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 07:48 PM
polako

Fletch,

Youre correct in your assessment of Rucinsky. However, could you not interchange the names Prucha and Rucinsky in your statement, and still have it be completely valid?

And I know you are an objective observer of Rucinsky. You were also one of the few objective assessors of Tom Poti last season.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 07:53 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
Hold on TB. Prucha is by far my favorite player on the team, but this statement is off. Rucinsky didn't flounder...he actually had one of the best seasons of his career last year, one of the few times he had more points than games played.
When he came back from his injury, he was far from effective. In fact, I would argue that in the playoffs, he was a hinderance, what with playing with only one effective arm.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Fletch

I actually can't totally in regards...

to Prucha. He didn't get much of a chance until late-November and played well through his injury. I think the similar part comes that he didn't really play well after his injury (although it seemed as though he didn't hurt the team as much as Rucinsky in terms of penalty taking - I don't have the stats, but it just seemed that way). Also, Prucha's role changed. He was placed on a third line with Betts, which hurt him as he showed little chemistry with a non-playmaking centerman. Further, his PP time was cut here and there and one day he'd play 9 minutes, the other 14 (it got choppy when Jagr seemed to be playing ever second or third shift). The injury may've had a little to do with it, but it's tough to blame that when things aren't apples to apples. So you're probably now saying I'm blaming everyone except Prucha. From what I saw in him, he was more of a complementary player. He's additive to good lines. He's OK on not-so-good lines. I don't expect him to play too well with Betts. I expect him to be accretive to a top line when replacing Straka, however. Perhaps he comes into his own this season, but that's what I saw from the young rookie last season.

Old
08-03-2006, 08:21 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Enoughing "BOOING" our players and trying to shoot their confidence dead.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102 View Post
No one is going to boo Staal. All the Rangers fans think that he is our future. He will not be booed no matter what.
That was my point, another poster suggested that if a veteran was traded to make room for Staal and then he had a bad stretch they'd be booing him by December.

Old
08-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
A prime example of why a lot of people have a hard time playing a sport in NY. NY fans can be great, but they're just too much sometimes.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Pizza

Totally agree. Bread and Circuses. Too many Ranger fans behave like clueless louts.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

How convenient is that? Either the fans are clueless because they are suits sitting in the pricey seats or they are clueless because they are sitting up in the 400s. It's a no lose situation. Or no win if you prefer.

Old
08-04-2006, 08:53 AM
True Blue

Quote:
How convenient is that? Either the fans are clueless because they are suits sitting in the pricey seats or they are clueless because they are sitting up in the 400s. It's a no lose situation. Or no win if you prefer.
I could not agree more. I have worn a suit on numerous occasions for work purposes and I have sat in the 400's on numerous occasions. I guess that makes me twice as clueless.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Fletch

I've worn jeans...

and a flanel shirt with a baseball cap in the front row - guess that would make me confused.

The Garden make-up's funny. In reality, there's just as many clueless suits as there are clueless die-hards (and just as many intelligent suits as there are die-hards). People don't realize that hockey fans can have jobs too, and while work may not permit living and breathing Rangers hockey, they do understand the game. I know guys at Goldman Sachs, who wore suits, and who played junior hockey, college hockey, semi-pro hockey, and in the case of Gord Klusack, professional hockey - many of these guys would watch games from a box too - that's worse than the lower level seats.