HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings X - Steckel traded, next on the docket...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2013, 03:29 PM
  #826
buntek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
if our 1st is moved i'm DONE with this team. DONE
Ditto

buntek is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 03:39 PM
  #827
Russell Oliver
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I think Liles their is a good chance Liles will be moved in the off-season instead.

But looking at our D group it looks like we've got Phaneuf, Gunnarson, Fraser, Franson and Gardiner as locks for the rest of the season.

Then Carlyle has a choice of Liles, Holzer and Kostka. Liles is by far the best of those 3 and we need him for our own playoff push.

Trade Kostka for whatever late round pick we can get.
And you think they haven't been trying to move Liles.

Russell Oliver is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 04:14 PM
  #828
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,110
vCash: 500
Hockey Central @ noon is speculating that Kipper will be moved to Toronto for Scrivens/Reimer + 1st, and will sign a 2 year extension with the Leafs ($5 million range).

Doesn't surprise me... I have said it for a while that Nonis will targer Kipper, Backstrom and Luongo in the goalie market...

I HIGHLY doubt the a 1st will be included even if there is an extension in place...

i think it will be more like Reimer + 2nd for Kipper

Rockinz is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 04:21 PM
  #829
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,752
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
Hockey Central @ noon is speculating that Kipper will be moved to Toronto for Scrivens/Reimer + 1st, and will sign a 2 year extension with the Leafs ($5 million range).

Doesn't surprise me... I have said it for a while that Nonis will targer Kipper, Backstrom and Luongo in the goalie market...

I HIGHLY doubt the a 1st will be included even if there is an extension in place...

i think it will be more like Reimer + 2nd for Kipper
Kyper and Maclean are OFF THEIR ROCKERS.

They have ZERO inside knowledge.

They wanted the Leafs to trade Kessel+Gardiner+ for Rick Nash.

They wanted the Leafs to trade Kessel for Luongo...they said that with a serious face during the intermission in our last Sportsnet game.

If there is one thing I know about Nonis: He's not trading the 1st round pick when the Leafs have lost 5 straight games with memories of last year getting fresher by the minute.

Also... Kipper looks worse than Scrivens/Reimer right now lol.

Pi is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 04:21 PM
  #830
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 33,909
vCash: 500
SeanFitz_Gerald ‏@SeanFitz_Gerald 2h
Mike Komisarek's agent: “He needs to play. That’s why we waived the no-move clause" -

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 04:22 PM
  #831
Brody
Brooklyn ✔
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Wales
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 24591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
Hockey Central @ noon is speculating that Kipper will be moved to Toronto for Scrivens/Reimer + 1st, and will sign a 2 year extension with the Leafs ($5 million range).

Doesn't surprise me... I have said it for a while that Nonis will targer Kipper, Backstrom and Luongo in the goalie market...

I HIGHLY doubt the a 1st will be included even if there is an extension in place...

i think it will be more like Reimer + 2nd for Kipper
Please no.

Brody is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 04:23 PM
  #832
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Kyper and Maclean are OFF THEIR ROCKERS.

They have ZERO inside knowledge.

They wanted the Leafs to trade Kessel+Gardiner+ for Rick Nash.

They wanted the Leafs to trade Kessel for Luongo...they said that with a serious face during the intermission in our last Sportsnet game.

If there is one thing I know about Nonis: He's not trading the 1st round pick when the Leafs have lost 5 straight games with memories of last year getting fresher by the minute.

Also... Kipper looks worse than Scrivens/Reimer right now lol.
It still boggles my mind how MaClean was ever an NHL GM.

Pinto is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 04:36 PM
  #833
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Just another buffoon trying to hype his networks trade deadline show. They had to throw another name out there now that Perry is off the market. They can't let millions of Leafs fans think that Nonis will be smart and actually keep his young players and 1st rounds pick. That would make for a very uninteresting April 3rd.

Drew311 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 04:52 PM
  #834
thepatient
Registered User
 
thepatient's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Team needs - #1 (or 1B) goalie, # 2 RHD, #1 centre, #3 centre.

I don't see a realistic option for a #1 centre out there. That means Bozak is likely to stay going into the final weeks. I don't like Grabo in the defensive role, he's more suited as a #2 centre but Kadri has stolen that role. I say we trade him for a shutdown centre or a number 2 dman.

thepatient is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 04:57 PM
  #835
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke
 
Bernier the Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Just around the time of year to spin the wheel:


Bernier the Boats is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:01 PM
  #836
buntek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
It still boggles my mind how MaClean was ever an NHL GM.
Seriously. He's awful.

Did anyone hear the interview yesterday with Perry and Cogs? His questions were more like statements, it was awkward. There would be a 10 second moment of silence and then he'd cut them off.

He's right up there with Bowen for me...

buntek is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:04 PM
  #837
Dark Knight
Draft Jared McCann!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,083
vCash: 500
Okay so after a bit of research, I'm now not supporting the idea of signing Horton who has looked awful as per Bruins fans the entire season and isn't really doing one thing they expect him to do, which is be physical, use his size in the corners and cycle the puck.

He doesn't deserve a raise from what he's making and I would now be cautioned to invest big dollars on him.

I think the possible addition of Weiss who does play at a high level when healthy should suffice if he replaces Bozak on the top line.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:06 PM
  #838
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 69,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Okay so after a bit of research, I'm now not supporting the idea of signing Horton who has looked awful as per Bruins fans the entire season and isn't really doing one thing they expect him to do, which is be physical, use his size in the corners and cycle the puck.

He doesn't deserve a raise from what he's making and I would now be cautioned to invest big dollars on him.

I think the possible addition of Weiss who does play at a high level when healthy should suffice if he replaces Bozak on the top line.
Weiss or Horton would be good. I'd want Horton because if under the right tutelage he can be very good for us. Maybe he just needs a change of scene and a cheap deal over here might be good.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:08 PM
  #839
BertCorbeau
Speak my Changuage
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,522
vCash: 500
If Kule can get traded, Horton would be a great upgrade in the top 9 on RW .. Kessel, Horton, Frattin on the right side .. Lupul, JVR, ____ on the left

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:08 PM
  #840
Asif16*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,080
vCash: 500
I Still think this team needs some Skilled tough players on its top 9. Like badly. Say what you want about our toughness this year, but 4 line goons fighting doesnt instantly make us a really tough team. Are we tougher than last year?? Yes and i love it. I love what colton orr and Frazer Mclaren and Mark fraser brings, but we def need to upgrade our top 9 with more Carlyle type players. JVR, Lupul, Kadr (DUh), Frattin, Kulemin, Komarov, Orr, Kessel and Mcclement is fine with me.

Bozak, Grabo, and Mac needs to leave. We should acquire Mike Ribiero and Ryan Clowe(change of scenery might help him) in the deadline coming up and Sign Clarkson in the Summer.

JVR-Ribiero-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Clowe-Mcclement-Frattin
Mclaren-Komarov-Orr

WOOT WOOT!! HOLLAAAAAAAAA lol. 95% percent of you are going to disagree with me i know.....but you guys would atleast agree with me that this team would one tough ass team right? lol. I wanna see people **** with us lol

Asif16* is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:10 PM
  #841
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,080
vCash: 500
Horton or Clarkson, who do you guys prefer? assuming they would both sign for 5 x 5

Phion Keneuf is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:10 PM
  #842
buntek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Weiss or Horton would be good. I'd want Horton because if under the right tutelage he can be very good for us. Maybe he just needs a change of scene and a cheap deal over here might be good.
He's coming off of two serious concussions...

buntek is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:15 PM
  #843
MrLegend28
Registered User
 
MrLegend28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Horton or Clarkson, who do you guys prefer? assuming they would both sign for 5 x 5

Clarkson

MrLegend28 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:17 PM
  #844
Asif16*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Horton or Clarkson, who do you guys prefer? assuming they would both sign for 5 x 5
Clarkson hands down

Asif16* is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:19 PM
  #845
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,717
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Just another buffoon trying to hype his networks trade deadline show. They had to throw another name out there now that Perry is off the market. They can't let millions of Leafs fans think that Nonis will be smart and actually keep his young players and 1st rounds pick. That would make for a very uninteresting April 3rd.
Agreed. They've probably figured that with Getzlaf and Perry retained by the Ducks there really isn't much to talk about at the deadline (besides the annual, will the Flames trade Iginla and Kiprusoff?) So need to try and pull in Leaf fans to have them at least pay attention.

FlareKnight is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:22 PM
  #846
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post
Clarkson
Disagree - I'd rather have Horton. Even though guys like Horton, Malone, Clowe and even Clarkson (who has a career high of 46 pts) are all perennial 45-55pt PWF wingers, IMO Horton is not only the youngest of the bunch, but has the most offensive upside as well.

I'd definitely take a run at Horton over all of Clowe and Clarkson. Hands down. Not sure why ppl are saying Clarkson here.... should be a no-brainer for Horton IMO.

dubplatepressure is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:25 PM
  #847
Asif16*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Disagree - I'd rather have Horton. Even though guys like Horton, Malone, Clowe and even Clarkson (who has a career high of 46 pts) are all perennial 45-55pt PWF wingers, IMO Horton is not only the youngest of the bunch, but has the most offensive upside as well.

I'd definitely take a run at Horton over all of Clowe and Clarkson. Hands down. Not sure why ppl are saying Clarkson here.... should be a no-brainer for Horton IMO.
He had 2 major concussions in the last 2 years or so. Clarkson has been pretty injury free.

Asif16* is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:26 PM
  #848
Dangles McGavin
#Snip Bar South
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 6,512
vCash: 500
Huge fan of Horton. I'd take him over Clarkson, I think. Guy's a great player.

Dangles McGavin is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:28 PM
  #849
Im Old Gregggg
Registered User
 
Im Old Gregggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kitchener, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,912
vCash: 500
regarding kipper: I will be super pissed and call for nonis' head if he pays that much of a ransom for a washed up goalie that is a short term solution ..... cant see it happening unless MLSE has a gun pushed up to his head seing as nonis loves developing teams

regarding Clarkson: wouldnt wanna overpay for him now in a trade due to i think we'd have about as equal of a shot at signing him as NJ if he decides to leave(might be risky to leave the team that developed him from a grinder to a legit top 6 pwf) Id love to see him take a 1M discount to bleed for the blue & white, huge fan of his when he was with kitchener! He would be a huge fan favourite here

regarding Komi: feel kinda feel bad for the big lug .... he was a bust for the most part but the last few games of last season and the games he played this season were pretty good imo I would have preffered him over lolzer & kostka on the ice .... hopefully for both sides a team picks him up here but I dont get why he didnt get a fair shake with randy really think he woulda thrived under him


id be estatic if we traded 2 of grabo, bozak & clark then signed clarkson and derek roy in the summer.


Last edited by Im Old Gregggg: 03-20-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Im Old Gregggg is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 05:29 PM
  #850
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,402
vCash: 50
Horton for me.

Grant is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.