HF Jets Lounge - No Jokinen in this thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 08:26 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Can someone please clarify where the term "They are throwing pizzas out there" comes from. I read it all the time here when someone ***** the bed and I know what it means, but where the hell did it origionate from? For the life of me I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy.
All I know is Noel uses it to denote egregious giveaways. On another note, my shoulder still aches from shoveling this morning.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:16 PM
DespoticNewt

Still an amazing song.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:41 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Thanks! They used to come here every year supporting a bunch of different bands and I saw them every time. Haven't been back in a while.

Their new guitarist is a really cool guy. I knew him from back when he was in another thrash band, Mantic Ritual. They came here a long time ago supporting some hardcore bands and my friend and I were the only people that went just to see them.
Yeah, when I seen them they were opening for Soil Work. Warbringer was the best band of the night.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:03 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
sweet the baseball season hasn't even started yet and my starting 3B on my Fantasy team is out 4-6 weeks! (Chase Headley)

Old
03-19-2013, 11:07 AM
buggs

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
sweet the baseball season hasn't even started yet and my starting 3B on my Fantasy team is out 4-6 weeks! (Chase Headley)
Yup. That's why our league doesn't draft until the week before the season. Just too much potential for bad things to happen.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:10 PM
bodybreak
We're Back!

vCash: 500
Inspired by what other people have said in threads about the Jets' record while attending games & who scores, I decided to take a look at the games I've been to so far. While my record isn't too shabby (5-3-2) the stats of some Jets players are good for some laughs.

To my surprise, the leading scorer at games I've been to is Antropov (6G, 4A), who is not surprisingly tied with Wheeler (2G, 8A). As you'd expect, Kane (5-3-8), Byfuglien (2-6-8), Ladd (4-2-6) and Burmistrov (3-3-6) get on the scoresheet quite often when I'm there. Wellwood too (1-5-6), since he had a great year last year.

Apart from the Antropov thing, I got a chuckle out of seeing that Stapleton scored 3 goals with me in the building, ranking him 12th on Jets 2.0 in points scored that I've witnessed live.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Anyone else getting these 503 errors lately while browsing HF or is it just me?

Old
03-20-2013, 05:47 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
It happens quite frequently. Likely due to a server overload issue. Just hit refresh and it should take you there proper.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:32 PM
DespoticNewt

So, I have this beer taster's pack, right? I'm sampling a beer that's a 'coffee-infused stout with a chocolate aroma'. I must say, coffee and beer mixed together doesn't really taste that good.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:38 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
So, I have this beer taster's pack, right? I'm sampling a beer that's a 'coffee-infused stout with a chocolate aroma'. I must say, coffee and beer mixed together doesn't really taste that good.
That sounds familiar. I'm generally a fan of trying as many bizarre beers as I can... I think I've had that.

What is it?

Old
03-20-2013, 06:39 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterpeg View Post
That sounds familiar. I'm generally a fan of trying as many bizarre beers as I can... I think I've had that.

What is it?
It's from a place called 'Half Pints Brewing co.'. I bought the 12 pack at Christmas time because I wanted to try something different than Budweiser.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:50 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
It's from a place called 'Half Pints Brewing co.'. I bought the 12 pack at Christmas time because I wanted to try something different than Budweiser.
Have definitely had that then. Interesting to stay the least. Is it called Stir Stick Stout?

Old
03-20-2013, 06:51 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Have definitely had that then. Interesting to stay the least. Is it called Stir Stick Stout?
Sure is.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:48 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
Yes using the mobile version. Then it began linking itself to ad sites. So now just use the desktop version now.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Lux Aurumque*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
Inspired by what other people have said in threads about the Jets' record while attending games & who scores, I decided to take a look at the games I've been to so far. While my record isn't too shabby (5-3-2) the stats of some Jets players are good for some laughs.

To my surprise, the leading scorer at games I've been to is Antropov (6G, 4A), who is not surprisingly tied with Wheeler (2G, 8A). As you'd expect, Kane (5-3-8), Byfuglien (2-6-8), Ladd (4-2-6) and Burmistrov (3-3-6) get on the scoresheet quite often when I'm there. Wellwood too (1-5-6), since he had a great year last year.

Apart from the Antropov thing, I got a chuckle out of seeing that Stapleton scored 3 goals with me in the building, ranking him 12th on Jets 2.0 in points scored that I've witnessed live.
I'm pretty sure that the leading scorer all-time at Oilers games I've attended is either Dustin Penner or @shorcov himself >.< They're also like...12-1-0 at games I've been to. The only time I've watched them lose was when they played Toronto two years ago.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:10 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545

Damn it, why does this keep happening? I was completely fine thinking there was just the one movie!

Guess there's a Starship Troopers marathon coming up...

Old
03-21-2013, 07:49 AM
buggs

vCash: 128
Quote:
I've had it too and it's what keeps me from buying the Half Pints mixer pack regularly. I really enjoy the other beers in the box but that one just doesn't do it. I get what they're trying to do - introduce the variety/range of products they produce, but stout is a tiny market in Winnipeg, if not Canada. Realistically it's an old man beer and that old man requires some sort of heritage from Great Britain. It's not Guinness and it's not Rickard's Dark, both of which have markets and fans and this isn't going to tap those markets because the flavour profile is too different.

And coffee flavours in beer? C'mon. If I want a beer for breakfast I'll have a beer for breakfast.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:52 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
I've had it too and it's what keeps me from buying the Half Pints mixer pack regularly. I really enjoy the other beers in the box but that one just doesn't do it. I get what they're trying to do - introduce the variety/range of products they produce, but stout is a tiny market in Winnipeg, if not Canada. Realistically it's an old man beer and that old man requires some sort of heritage from Great Britain. It's not Guinness and it's not Rickard's Dark, both of which have markets and fans and this isn't going to tap those markets because the flavour profile is too different.

And coffee flavours in beer? C'mon. If I want a beer for breakfast I'll have a beer for breakfast.
This. I like beer. I like coffee. Coffee-infused beer? I'll pass. I managed 4 swigs of that bottle last night before dumping it down the drain. I'm always up to try something new, but that was just... ugh.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:04 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
This. I like beer. I like coffee. Coffee-infused beer? I'll pass. I managed 4 swigs of that bottle last night before dumping it down the drain. I'm always up to try something new, but that was just... ugh.
I find coffee porters are like jamming on the brakes and gas at the same time. Don't understand them either.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:34 AM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
That's the spirit

But actually. Yeah. It's okay, didn't hate it, didn't love it.

I make a point of trying lots of bizarre/non standard beers, I usually buy them by the single, so I've had some weird stuff. I do like REALLY dark beers though, so that's maybe why I didn't mind it. Ever tried "Old Engine Oil"?

I love it due to the reaction I get from my girlfriend, who doesn't like beer, when she sees me drinking a beer as dark as, well, old engine oil. Hah.

Also. Innis & Gunn is GOAT.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:26 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post

Damn it, why does this keep happening? I was completely fine thinking there was just the one movie!

Guess there's a Starship Troopers marathon coming up...
I watched invasion last week. Lots of animated T&A in it.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I find coffee porters are like jamming on the brakes and gas at the same time. Don't understand them either.
Haha, good analogy. Not really a fan either.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:17 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

Quote:
That's the spirit

But actually. Yeah. It's okay, didn't hate it, didn't love it.

I make a point of trying lots of bizarre/non standard beers, I usually buy them by the single, so I've had some weird stuff. I do like REALLY dark beers though, so that's maybe why I didn't mind it. Ever tried "Old Engine Oil"?

I love it due to the reaction I get from my girlfriend, who doesn't like beer, when she sees me drinking a beer as dark as, well, old engine oil. Hah.

Also. Innis & Gunn is GOAT.
Have you tried Budhha beer? It's from the Middle Kingdom, and pretty damn good. We bought it just for the bottle, shaped like a little green budhha

My B-i-L and I always buy box-of-8's and mix it up.

Another good one is called Fail. It's definitely not a failure.

That Half Pints coffee stout is awful - I finished the first one, and poured the rest out. Blech.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:40 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
I drink these with the Father-in-law .. They're good if you are having one, maybe two after dinner, Saturday afternoon, etc... Not good for watching a game.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:48 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
Have you tried Budhha beer? It's from the Middle Kingdom, and pretty damn good. We bought it just for the bottle, shaped like a little green budhha

My B-i-L and I always buy box-of-8's and mix it up.

Another good one is called Fail. It's definitely not a failure.

That Half Pints coffee stout is awful - I finished the first one, and poured the rest out. Blech.
I have had a Buddha, quite liked it actually. Have not had "fail" though. Will have to look for it.

Tried a lot of pumpkin ones around Halloween. That didn't do it for me though.

I like ones with sweet names, too. I had one called Skull Splitter once, pretty strong, not bad though.

Closed Thread