HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 09:20 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
As for your other two posts. bad timing on the Rabbits sale. No way I'll have enough money for any of those guys. And what the hell was that press release about?
I'm going to run two TCs before selling them. That'll make it 3 weeks from now or so. And the PR? I visited JoruneZephyr and he had a playoff game so I stayed to watch.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Hammons is very nice, but I fell in love with Taganovich a while ago. He's such a solid productive player in a very important position. Always wanted someone like that. I'm not sure why I didn't train my CMs exactly the way he's trained. I'm fixing that asap.
Tag does well. He scored the lone goal in his NT match last weekend, giving Belarus a win over Norway. Hammons was just added to the USA U20 team.

Looking at my team's representation on the NTs; LM stands out for its lack of representation. I'm guessing that Seay is too old for serious consideration, but I may mention him to Runnyonion anyways. I'll probably try to make a serious splash at LM or CF this season.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:58 AM
tujague

Obryantj, good catch on the International Cups not being scheduled! Hopefully my opponent doesn't notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
Looking at my team's representation on the NTs; LM stands out for its lack of representation. I'm guessing that Seay is too old for serious consideration, but I may mention him to Runnyonion anyways. I'll probably try to make a serious splash at LM or CF this season.
"My team is good, but my LM and CF aren't on National Teams, so I'm going to buy someone who is." You suck

I also have a few guys on the NTs. McCready is the only one on the Senior team now. Looks like Shipp has been claimed by the U20 team. Ooh. He's tops on the team in OR.

Surprisingly Stamper, the Mid that we've all decided I've trained poorly, made the U20. UF Colt Diaz is also in there. I wonder how he compares to the other forwards? Hmm, nevermind. He won't start. He's 26th on the team in OR. He might get some friendly time.

I also have two guys on the U17 team. Both were pulled as Mids, but I converted them to forward because they had the Qs and were 5/6. One of them might be good enough to start. I also expect Coates to be called up at some point. If redcard decides to add 16yos. He's got really good Qs and can play inside or outside D.

And of course my pull Matt Hernandez is on the team, too. And still 6/6 at 17yo. Sold for a measly 12M to Obryantj. Eff me.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:08 AM
tujague

Holy crap. I finally compared my team to the Boilermakers. I'm up **** creek. I just looked at one of his early games, so it could be worse. i don't want to look.

Here's the IGRs from the Atomics|Boilermakers:

**moved to the bottom**

Atomics are -60 in game rating points overall. That's only if I use my best players. I'm phasing out the 28 Mid to play the new acquisition who gets a 26igr. And the 23 Mid isn't really a starter. He's the 3rd option at CM. Stamper at 22igr gets the nod because he produces pretty well.

Maybe his team is a lot older? That might make me feel a bit better.

EDIT: Using the players above, the average ages are:
21.1|22.5
My actual starters avg 20.6yo.

Am I two seasons behind? Do I now have to compare OR for each player to make myself feel better? Ugh.

EDIT 2: Okay. I'm going away after this.

Here's our IGR, age & OR
Goal
25-20-1131 | 28-21-1178
25|28 exp
'Makers are +47, but I think Shipp has more wasted OR.

Defense
30|36
29|32
28|31
23|27

21 | 21.75
1025 | 1078
184|224 exp
That's surprising. Your defense is legendary. I didn't think it would be this close. Did I mess up the math? Hmm. Nope. It looks like it's your Midfield that's making your defense look so good.

Midfield
30|36
28|34
25|33
23|29

21.25 | 23
1002 | 1155
165|335 exp
Not surprising. You do have one of the top Midfields. Things get slightly better using my preferred starters.
20yo avg
1036 avg OR
Experience plummets when using the preferred starters
132|335 exp

Forward
39|43
29|40

21.5 | 23
1131 | 1113
97|152 exp
This is surprising. I guess you have a huge edge in experience. Do I have to add exp to this? NO! Yep. Big edge in experience.

EDIT 3: I added the exp above. As expected, you're killing me there. Damn. Your Midfield is insanely experienced. Your defense is pretty good too, but adding Keen to the lineup really knocks them down.

Your team is quite good.

Last edited by tujague: 03-20-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old
03-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Obryantj, good catch on the International Cups not being scheduled! Hopefully my opponent doesn't notice
I'm glad they were able to get the matches scheduled quickly, although there are some teams that now do not have matches scheduled or didn't have time to set lineups this morning.

Quote:
"My team is good, but my LM and CF aren't on National Teams, so I'm going to buy someone who is." You suck
Seay was added to the senior NT today. My two 18-year old CFs are on U20 NTs (although both have below average to horrible career paths). It's more along the lines of: "I can't spend any money on infrastructure outside of the Education Center right now, where can I improve my team."

Quote:
I also have a few guys on the NTs. McCready is the only one on the Senior team now. Looks like Shipp has been claimed by the U20 team. Ooh. He's tops on the team in OR.

Surprisingly Stamper, the Mid that we've all decided I've trained poorly, made the U20. UF Colt Diaz is also in there. I wonder how he compares to the other forwards? Hmm, nevermind. He won't start. He's 26th on the team in OR. He might get some friendly time.

I also have two guys on the U17 team. Both were pulled as Mids, but I converted them to forward because they had the Qs and were 5/6. One of them might be good enough to start. I also expect Coates to be called up at some point. If redcard decides to add 16yos. He's got really good Qs and can play inside or outside D.

And of course my pull Matt Hernandez is on the team, too. And still 6/6 at 17yo. Sold for a measly 12M to Obryantj. Eff me.
Congrats on the NT players. Saturday matches may get interesting for me, depending on how many players are called up for matches.

Quote:
EDIT 3: I added the exp above. As expected, you're killing me there. Damn. Your Midfield is insanely experienced. Your defense is pretty good too, but adding Keen to the lineup really knocks them down.

Your team is quite good.
Nice analysis. Some of my starters have been working on building chemistry up since the back-to-back training camps at the end of last season, but only Tag and Spicer have chemistry below 90 at this point.

As for Keen (L) dragging down my defense, he was just added to the U20 NT. SD3 (U) and SD4 (R) posted 25 and 23 in-game-ratings on Monday, are 19 and 18 respectively, both are 5/6 and both are on the U20 NT. SD5 (L) is 18, 5/6 (just dropped), has an EQ of 83.4, and 891 OR (unlikely to make an U20 NT due to being Czech). SD6 is Hernandez (U). SD7 is 16, 5/6, 621 OR, and has an EQ of 82.7 (and American). This unit looks "weak" at the top, but is very, very stacked at the junior level. SD1 (U) is in his first year at 4/6 at age 23.

McCready's OR is a little inflated due to his high goalkeeping skill, iirc.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:08 PM
tujague

I had a few players finish in the bonus this season despite playing 7-8 games fewer than most of the other guys. 6th & 9th in goal scoring, 7th & 10th in points, 4th best goalie, and 7th in defensive scoring.

In the first round, I'll be playing the mighty Traverse City Miners. Their OTS is only 50 compared to my 80. Seems like it should be an easy series, but I only beat them 7-0 & 2-0 in the regular season. I might step it up to Very High just to make sure

Quote:
As for Keen (L) dragging down my defense, he was just added to the U20 NT.
I wasn't trying to insult Keen What I meant was that your defense is a lot better than mine, but Keen makes it seem closer than it really is.

And yes, McCready has some wasted goalie OR. I almost made the comment about getting our players effective OR, but then I might actually check that out. Then I would want the adjusted effective OR, and then I'd want blah blah blah. None of that would change the fact that your team is much better. And I had already spent a lot more time on that than I wanted

Old
03-21-2013, 11:34 PM
tujague

Alright. Alright. Alright. It looks like player sales have brought in enough cash to finish off the ole hockey stadium next season. Man, I had to check to make sure that was right. Yep. Only one more max Triple to hold and then I have to finish off a mini Triple. I might not be able to get the mini started immediately, but it won't be too long. Then I'll have 20,000 seats in III.4

Anyone want to guess at my Media sponsor for next season? 5.6M this season. I think I had around 9,000 seats. After being the worst team in II.1. Should finish in 3rd this season with around 375OR and 16,600 seats.

EDIT: after a measly 7 days of training speed, Stamper's IGR has gone from a 21 to a 23

Last edited by tujague: 03-21-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 05:21 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Managed to finish the reg. season in 11th after a very strong performance in the second half.

I'm playing a team with 15 less OTS that has played the entire season with the same tactics, so relegation is with all certainty avoided.

My first max triple multi is finished in a couple of days which will boost my capacity significantly from 2050 pre-construction to 4300. I'm hoping for a media deal north of 2.5M/week.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Obryantj

I'll be playing the Psychos today in the hockey playoffs. My guys will be fresh out of training camp and had posted a 154 OTS before camp. The Psychos have an OTS of 217.

My football pull was meh. Of the 4 players, there were ten 2.5 star positions and six 2 star positions. All four were 6/6 too.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:11 AM
tujague

Quote:
I'll be playing the Psychos today in the hockey playoffs. My guys will be fresh out of training camp and had posted a 154 OTS before camp. The Psychos have an OTS of 217.
How are you doing up there? Are you making up any ground on the top teams?

What are your plans going forward?

Old
03-22-2013, 11:32 AM
canucks357

Not sure whether to be furious or happy. So far this season I've lost two games and have a surrendered a total of 7 goals in soccer. Last season I lost 4 all season and surrendered 14 goals. Both losses have come when I got a straight red card EARLY (8' and 24') in the game really *** up my chances at salvaging even a point. The first time the subs didn't work because the guy who would have filled the CM slot when I took a fwd off was hurt. Either way, it is really crappy luck and given my run last year only got me 3rd I'm almost giving up on a league run this season. To go one point further, besides playing cautious (I play Normal then go C/A depending on the score) there is nothing you can do to reduce the number of cards. Also, early straight reds are VERY rare. Guess I'm just lucky. The PPM gods have returned to shhhh itting on me after giving me a season's vacation in soccer...

Old
03-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
How are you doing up there? Are you making up any ground on the top teams?

What are your plans going forward?
I haven't really compared my team and infrastructure to the top 5 teams lately. I realize that I'll be losing ground until I build TF-15. The 6th place team (Westchester Red Wings) has TF-15 under construction (32 days left) and the 8th place team (STL Saints) already has TF-15.

My media deal should go up from adding 4500 seats, but my general sponsor will probably stay roughly the same. I'm still 19 OTR short of where I finished last season, despite finishing 7th in the regular season.

As for on-ice performance, Nicodemo finished 5th in save percentage to earn me an extra 980,290. My top goal and point scorers were outside of the top 50 and my top scoring defenseman finished in 24th.

Nicodema will be a RFA in 48 days and is the only 25 year old in my lineup. I'll be trying to keep him if it doesn't cost me a fortune. My four 24 year olds are two wingers and two defensemen. I may try to move some of those guys at the end of the season to open up spots for some of my players in the 19-20 year old range.

After I'm able to start TF-15 and build my last two max triples, I'll look to bring in a core group of 19-20 year olds that can make the playoffs in the short term and maybe win a playoff series long term. However, I don't think I'll be able to max out my arena AND start TF-15 in the next couple of months.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:32 PM
tujague

Quote:
I haven't really compared my team and infrastructure to the top 5 teams lately. I realize that I'll be losing ground until I build TF-15. The 6th place team (Westchester Red Wings) has TF-15 under construction (32 days left) and the 8th place team (STL Saints) already has TF-15.
That's a bit of a surprise. I figured you had each teams starting and finishing OTS for the last 5 seasons in some spreadsheet or something

Quote:
My media deal should go up from adding 4500 seats, but my general sponsor will probably stay roughly the same. I'm still 19 OTR short of where I finished last season, despite finishing 7th in the regular season.
How much do you get each week? Including tickets and all that jazz. I'm right around 28M. Just under 17M in expenses.

I think I'll be +75 OTR and + ~6000 seats. I need need need to get a good bump. The only thing keeping the building going is player sales and I don't have very many (any?) good players left to sell.

Quote:
Nicodema will be a RFA in 48 days and is the only 25 year old in my lineup. I'll be trying to keep him if it doesn't cost me a fortune. My four 24 year olds are two wingers and two defensemen. I may try to move some of those guys at the end of the season to open up spots for some of my players in the 19-20 year old range.
I just checked your team before my last post. It was nice to see The Demon still kicking ass. And he's number 66

You have some very nice younger players. I don't remember who, but I really liked what I saw.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
How much do you get each week? Including tickets and all that jazz. I'm right around 28M. Just under 17M in expenses.
General is ~17.5M, media is ~9.5M, skyboxes are ~1.2M. Ticket revenue on the season is ~112M, souvenir sales are at ~11M. Add the 50,000 per day from logging in daily, and I'm about 38M a week in revenue.

Edit: Forgot you had asked about expenses. I'm just under 21M a week.

Last edited by Obryantj: 03-26-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old
03-26-2013, 07:56 AM
tujague

Damn you, redcard! I thought I could steal some points on the road with you playing L/L. No such luck. I even changed my formation to a 3-5-2 since your last two loses were to teams using it. Dangit.

Quote:
General is ~17.5M, media is ~9.5M, skyboxes are ~1.2M. Ticket revenue on the season is ~112M, souvenir sales are at ~11M. Add the 50,000 per day from logging in daily, and I'm about 38M a week in revenue.

Edit: Forgot you had asked about expenses. I'm just under 21M a week.
I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised that we're only off by 10M. Okay. I fixed that I just used last weeks numbers to get the 28M. I should have known better. it was a two home game week. I'm only at 24M. That's +7M each week. sounds about right.

Ticket revenue is at 88M.
Skyboxes are also at 1.2M.
Souvenir sales are just under 9M, but I have 4 more than you. I don't think I'll be building any more of those until I get back to the top of II at least.

I'm hoping for 20M from Gen+Media next season. I don't think I'll get it even though that only amounts to a 3M bump from each sponsor.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
After winning the first game decisively 6-0, my team transformed into the NYR and was unable to score despite a massive shot advantage. The second game was lost 1-2 after a shootout.

The deciding game played out the same way and the score was 2-2 after OT. This time my players got it done in the SO and we move on to the next round, avoiding relegation playoffs.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:15 PM
tujague

After only 11 days of training speed, Leonard Stamper has gone from a 21 to a 24 in game rating. Maybe his chemistry gains have helped a bit, but I have still massively effed this up. Thank goodness Stamper was productive despite my lack of attention. I might have dumped him if he wasn't my most productive mid over the last 3-4 seasons.

I've since started training a lot more tertiary skills over the last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
After winning the first game decisively 6-0, my team transformed into the NYR and was unable to score despite a massive shot advantage. The second game was lost 1-2 after a shootout.

The deciding game played out the same way and the score was 2-2 after OT. This time my players got it done in the SO and we move on to the next round, avoiding relegation playoffs.
Haha. Sounds like a nerve wracking series to watch

I'm also moving ahead. I'm not sure if I want to go for the win or not. Up Against the second seed. he has a 10-11 point OTS lead, but i think i could surprise him if i tried. There's no way beat the top seed, so I would have to throw the promo series, but I'm not sure if I want to take the chance. I think it's in the team's best interest to stay down here one more season. That and I'd really like to know what a top sponsor offer would be for a III league team itch my stadium.

Old
03-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised that we're only off by 10M. Okay. I fixed that I just used last weeks numbers to get the 28M. I should have known better. it was a two home game week. I'm only at 24M. That's +7M each week. sounds about right.

Ticket revenue is at 88M.
Skyboxes are also at 1.2M.
Souvenir sales are just under 9M, but I have 4 more than you. I don't think I'll be building any more of those until I get back to the top of II at least.

I'm hoping for 20M from Gen+Media next season. I don't think I'll get it even though that only amounts to a 3M bump from each sponsor.
I'm hoping to get 30M total from General and Media deals. That may depend on how many of these placement playoff games I'm able to pull out. I'm still 18 OTR point downs from the end of last season and it's doubtful I'll be able to win 4 placement games.

I'm starting to buy into the fan shops and other stadium accessories in soccer. The opportunity cost of investing there has decreased as the rest of my infrastructure has improved. Plus I don't like having the 4th+ best stadium in the league (as far as NT stadium consideration).

Quote:
After only 11 days of training speed, Leonard Stamper has gone from a 21 to a 24 in game rating. Maybe his chemistry gains have helped a bit, but I have still massively effed this up. Thank goodness Stamper was productive despite my lack of attention. I might have dumped him if he wasn't my most productive mid over the last 3-4 seasons.

I've since started training a lot more tertiary skills over the last week.
Sounds like your team should score a little higher in OTS this season. I only have about 60% of your soccer team scouted; most likely due to scouted "For Sale" players and potential USA NT players. I was checking to see if you had any 6/6 NT players that I could buy for cheap, but no luck. On a side note, I have your entire hockey team scouted.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post

I scored the first goal in both games of my opening round series. In game one, I scored 14 seconds into the game. In game two, it took until the 1:02 mark before I scored. I ended up losing 1-5 and 1-3.

My next series is against a team with similar OTS to mine. They'll have home ice advantage, but I hope to overcome that.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:05 PM
tescosamoa

2 games in a row red cards.... zero last year....

Old
03-26-2013, 10:24 PM
canucks357

OAP drew 0-0 for the second time in a row. Sitting in 13th and 4-7 GF-GA. Those two early straight reds hurt.

RCR have The Mighty Oil in the next round of the playoffs. The guy should be winning the I.1 title not playing to avoid relegation. I suspect it'll be a swift and painless path to II.1 for me. Not good news with a rebuild on the horizon.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:54 AM
tujague

Quote:
I'm hoping to get 30M total from General and Media deals. That may depend on how many of these placement playoff games I'm able to pull out. I'm still 18 OTR point downs from the end of last season and it's doubtful I'll be able to win 4 placement games.

I'm starting to buy into the fan shops and other stadium accessories in soccer. The opportunity cost of investing there has decreased as the rest of my infrastructure has improved. Plus I don't like having the 4th+ best stadium in the league (as far as NT stadium consideration).
The fan shops are worth it. I wasn't making enough to cover the daily expenses until my stadium was over 50-60k, I think. I know at one point the daily expenses were around 12M and I was ony making 9-10M perseason. Profits have soared since I maxed it out. I've already made 8M this season.

Quote:
Sounds like your team should score a little higher in OTS this season. I only have about 60% of your soccer team scouted; most likely due to scouted "For Sale" players and potential USA NT players. I was checking to see if you had any 6/6 NT players that I could buy for cheap, but no luck. On a side note, I have your entire hockey team scouted.
I hope so. But I do have some flawed players right now. And the guys I recently bought were not bought with these new ratios in mind. I might have held out for better players. Although I was in a bit of a rush after selling 3/5s of my starting midfield.

Wanna be my assistant? Then you wouldn't have to scout anyone

Old
03-27-2013, 08:05 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
2 games in a row red cards.... zero last year....
Isn't it awesome when that happens? I was killed with suspensions/cards last season. It was frustrating as hell, but I loved being forced to adapt damn near every day. I had 19 suspensions and 10 sendoffs last season. I recovered to fight for a top 5 spot before putting in the kids and dropping to 7th. And it was fun as hell to have a legitimate reason to complain

Hockey gets pretty stale because I never have to change my lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
OAP drew 0-0 for the second time in a row. Sitting in 13th and 4-7 GF-GA. Those two early straight reds hurt.

RCR have The Mighty Oil in the next round of the playoffs. The guy should be winning the I.1 title not playing to avoid relegation. I suspect it'll be a swift and painless path to II.1 for me. Not good news with a rebuild on the horizon.
What's up with Canada? You guys always seem to have a top team slumming it.

Where were you ranked in OTS at the beginning of the season? It must have been pretty high because I was expecting great things from you this season. You were supposed to be justifying my rebuild in a way. Jerk.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:21 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Where were you ranked in OTS at the beginning of the season? It must have been pretty high because I was expecting great things from you this season. You were supposed to be justifying my rebuild in a way. Jerk.
In soccer or hockey? Soccer - 3rd, Hockey - 10th. Hockey team was unlucky and I realized that my development curve would never meet the top teams' development curves so I had to adjust accordingly. In soccer you could say I've been unlucky as well. The two straight red cards weren't bad enough that I've had 4 yellows to my top striker and between the 3 players suspended and another injury I've have a decimated lineup and been unable to score.

Any thoughts on me testing a 4-3-3? Center midfield is my weakest position. I have 4 capable strikers I can slot in at any time.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:58 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
In soccer or hockey? Soccer - 3rd, Hockey - 10th. Hockey team was unlucky and I realized that my development curve would never meet the top teams' development curves so I had to adjust accordingly. In soccer you could say I've been unlucky as well. The two straight red cards weren't bad enough that I've had 4 yellows to my top striker and between the 3 players suspended and another injury I've have a decimated lineup and been unable to score.

Any thoughts on me testing a 4-3-3? Center midfield is my weakest position. I have 4 capable strikers I can slot in at any time.
I don't like the 4-3-3. Midfield is too important. I think that's a big reason why Obryantj kicks ass. But I've also used a 2-5-3 when forced to. Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do sometimes. You've trained some mid on your defense/forwards, right? You might be one of the few teams who are really equipped to make it work. Maybe moving the defense up could help compensate, and if one of the forwards were back, maybe your midfield could work.

Also, I was talking about hockey. I guess it was your OTR that was impressive.

Closed Thread