HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Mike Komisarek cleared Waivers in AHL

Old
03-20-2013, 05:19 PM
hullsy47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
So another shoe will drop soon They won't leave that spot open too long.
ya holzer or colborne comes up ....simple

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Phatic

cant complain here. seemed like a nice enough guy. clearly hes interested in playing again so kudos to him for taking the leap. for everyone who felt he didnt get a fair shake I have something for you to consider: our current coach appreciates big tough defensemen yet komi sits~ take a minute and process that... our second highest paid d-man in the stands.

im pretty sure carlyle took the time to try and get komi incorporated into the line up. so he either doesnt have the hockey sense to get it, or didnt bother putting in the work.

bottom line is he's been awful for us.

Phatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:24 PM
CanadasTeam
#StandWitness

Anything to get back on the ice... good compromise Komi, best of luck.

CanadasTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Banana Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Missing Piece View Post
The fact of the matter we have 1 open roster spot....how does it get filled?...or does it?

Million dollar question.
Read this as "Miller" dollar question and chuckled cause I thought you were implying the goalie

Banana Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Parkdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Why? You actually think that the Leafs are not playing him because he makes too much money to be a 5th or 6th defenceman? I don't understand what you are saying. This is the fatheads' best of the worst. What a joke. At least the Leafs got good use out of Jeff Finger on the Marlies. Komisarek was more like charity. Horrible.

Also I want to add...enough with the "good guy" crap. Who cares? He stinks. He gets paid a lot of money that at the end of the day..Leafs Nation pays for. You should be angry that hockey tickets cost so freakking much in part due to stiffs like this guy robbing you blind.
Yeah, Komi comes across a good guy and agree that we should not feel sorry for him regardless. However, I think there is merit in the thinking that his bloated contract is directly related to playing time. In the environment of a hard cap salary system, a player's salary will have direct influence on a players deemed worth and by extension playing time. Especially given the reality of cap mistake remedies like the compliance buyout. If Komi was a $2 - 3M cap player more in line with the skill level shown early this season, I have no doubt that Komi would have played a lot more this year. And if it wasn't working out here, he would have been easily traded and he would be playing elsewhere in the NHL.

Parkdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:25 PM
jimmycarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by departures89 View Post
Read this as "Miller" dollar question and chuckled cause I thought you were implying the goalie
he would get destroyed by the media/ self-destruct in the media.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:26 PM
darty

I still like Komisarek, he's a good person. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

darty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Phatic

Quote:
Hahahah....unfortunately I dont think Phil will ever fetch what the fathead gave up to get him. If Kessel stays for 7M, I think the Leafs have to keep him. Realistically, what kind of return do you think Phil Kessel will get? Who is available? At this point unless Kessel is going to Florida or Colorado...you dont want simply 1st round pick + prospect..Gotta get something that can help the Leafs now. Not sure who is in the market for a Kessel type player willing to part with a star player. You?

But all the crap you list? yeah. nice. It was pretty easy to see what needed to be cleaned out of the organization. I dont think Mr. Nonis should stop either.
more then that, I think we have a better idea of what nonis and burke disagreed on

the only player i would have moved kessel for just resigned. i agree, we'd have to have something substantial coming back, and i just dont see it anywhere. only offer ive heard and thought about is filpula, nyquist and wings 1st.

Phatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
I don't see Colborne getting called up while we still have the players we do. Not really any room in the lineup for him. I think we would call up someone like Scott or Hamilton first.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:28 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Why? You actually think that the Leafs are not playing him because he makes too much money to be a 5th or 6th defenceman? I don't understand what you are saying. This is the fatheads' best of the worst. What a joke. At least the Leafs got good use out of Jeff Finger on the Marlies. Komisarek was more like charity. Horrible.

Also I want to add...enough with the "good guy" crap. Who cares? He stinks. He gets paid a lot of money that at the end of the day..Leafs Nation pays for. You should be angry that hockey tickets cost so freakking much in part due to stiffs like this guy robbing you blind.
Gotta love posts telling people what they are allowed to feel.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Parkdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I don't understand why Komi would allow all this.
He must know that is career is on the verge of ending.
Nobody will pick this guy up of waivers.
Why would Komi accept to ride the bus for the next year?/
Why would he just collect his pay until the end of his contract and that's it.
Komi will not be with the Marlies next season. He will be bought out (unless injured) and will sign a minimal contract to play with another organization next year. (I think it's called double dipping).

Old
03-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Banana Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycarter View Post
he would get destroyed by the media/ self-destruct in the media.
Ya Miller always struck me as a giant head case.

...That being said, I gotta say I would thoroughly enjoy watching Miller self-destruct on Steve Simmons.

Banana Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:34 PM
hockeyfanz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Gotta love posts telling people what they are allowed to feel.

Never told him what he is "allowed" to feel. More like questioning why people are not angry that this horrible hockey player gets paid so much money at the expense of the fans. I guess ignorance is bliss. Maybe people like getting effed over, scammed or robbed. I dont know..feels better when a "nice guy" does it eh?

hockeyfanz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Darcy Tucker

Quote:
Never told him what he is "allowed" to feel. More like questioning why people are not angry that this horrible hockey player gets paid so much money at the expense of the fans. I guess ignorance is bliss. Maybe people like getting effed over, scammed or robbed. I dont know..feels better when a "nice guy" does it eh?
yes , basically.

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Kibago

got tired of sitting on the box?
seemed to be a good guy, just got a ridiculous contract. glad he waived his NMC.
i hope we can find someone good in the offseason to take all this cap space we're going to have...

Kibago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Parkdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibago View Post
seemed to be a good guy, just got a ridiculous contract. glad he waived his NMC.
i hope we can find someone good in the offseason to take all this cap space we're going to have...
Don't sweat it. Cap space is flexibility....can never have enough of that. Don't need to spend to the cap...just need to spend wisely. Too many examples around of bad contracts.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Finnish your Czech
I miss Frank Corrado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
so either way leave komi out. cant win with him or deveolp him
I think he would put a lot of effort into trying to get back into the lineup. He did accept being sent down when he could have rejected.

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibago View Post
They will give ridiculous raises to Bozak and Gunnar. That will eat all the savings from Komi's buyout.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:08 PM
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I guess it depends on how you view the money that you spend on Leafs games and merchandise. If I go to a Leaf game, I expect to get an NHL calibre hockey game and I almost always do. If I buy a Leafs sweater, I get one I can wear. And so on. I pay them money for a specific item or service and I get it. I never look at it as if I am making an investment in the Leafs. It's really no different than spending money at Walmart or Home Depot; I don't care what they do with that money either.

Life just seems far too short to get upset over silly trivial things like how a sports team or any other company spends their money.

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:12 PM
MakeTheIronSing

watch Eakins turn him into an All Star hahaha

MakeTheIronSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:37 PM
hockeywiz542

USA Today: Mike Komisarek grateful to be waived

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ivers/2004245/

Quote:
TORONTO - Defenseman Mike Komisarek views the Toronto Maple Leafs' decision to put him on waivers on Wednesday as the organization doing him a favor.

"This is definitely a positive," said his agent, Matt Keator. "This is something Mike wanted."

Keator confirmed that Komisarek has given a one-time waiver of his no-movement clause to go to the Maple Leafs' American Hockey League affiliate, the Toronto Marlies, once he clears waivers.

Komisarek, 31, is expected to clear waivers because he has another season left on a contract that is paying him an average of $4.5 million a season.

Signed by then-general manager Brian Burke in 2009 to be a key part of the team's rebuilding, Komisarek hasn't been the impact player the organization hoped he would be. Injuries have played a role in his struggles.

This season, Komisarek has been used in only four games and hasn't played since Feb. 2.

"If he plays well, he could go back and play with Toronto," Keator said. "That's still an option."

Komisarek also is a candidate to have his contract bought out this summer, which would make him an unrestricted free agent.

"The team is being very good to him," Keator said. "He needs to play so he can build his game back up."

hockeywiz542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:39 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
To each his own. Some people see the human side, some just see dollars and cents. Some people put a game where grown people chase rubber disks around on a pedestal to the extent it makes them feel "effed over, scammed or robbed", others accept it for what it is.....a game of no consequence on real life. Perspective I guess.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:42 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
I guess it depends on how you view the money that you spend on Leafs games and merchandise. If I go to a Leaf game, I expect to get an NHL calibre hockey game and I almost always do. If I buy a Leafs sweater, I get one I can wear. And so on. I pay them money for a specific item or service and I get it. I never look at it as if I am making an investment in the Leafs. It's really no different than spending money at Walmart or Home Depot; I don't care what they do with that money either.

Life just seems far too short to get upset over silly trivial things like how a sports team or any other company spends their money.
Hey, look at that.....someone gets it. Methinks I shall call you "Enlightened One".

Old
03-20-2013, 07:56 PM
tinfoilcup

The problem I had with Komi last year is that he would not go into the corners first to try to battle for the puck, instead opting to wait to hit the player after they got it. This was not due to a speed or skating issue. He was deliberately hesitating. He wasn't going to win many puck battles in his own zone using this poor strategy.

He seemed to have fixed this problem this year because he wasn't doing it in the few games that he did play anymore. I would advise a team that needed defensive help to take a chance on him because of that reason.

tinfoilcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Lobstertainment
Oh no, my brains.

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Good riddance, hope he doesn't get hurt or fake an injury so we can kick him to the curb in the summer.

Lobstertainment is offline   Reply With Quote