HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors Thread Part 5: NYR Interested in Boyle, Gaborik Available (MOD: READ OP)

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 07:51 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Eminger 2008-9 bolts
Torts wasn't head coach then.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Dorado*

I had a feeling Torts was already canned when Eminger was there

Old
03-20-2013, 07:53 PM
frankthefrowner

I get the point these meat heads are trying to make we have had alot of former tampa players on this team.. But fact is alot of them played well for us and frankly we'd probably be better than we are now if we had both Feds and Prospal on this team.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:53 PM
ck20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
I very much disagree when you're selling a player.

Those past seasons show what he's capable of, which is scoring lots of goals. However if you scout him, the guy is playing some of the most ineffective hockey of his life. There's a reason why we are selling him, and it's not for playing excellent hockey.

Teams are calling because they know we are selling him, the value goes down.

Brad Richards has some great stats, a Conn Smythe, and a ring. Forget about his contract. Would you trade for him right now? He has great stats in former seasons...
Sather can play off Gaborik's struggles to other GMs by saying he suffered from having his surgery and not being able to play anywhere during the lockout, on top of no training camp and Torts system. He just needs a change of scenery. Boom, we get Toews, Kane, and Hossa at half-price somehow, and 3 1sts in return because Sather has been known to practice black magic.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:55 PM
TheRightWay

Does anyone else think Torts is a nepotist who only wants players he has coached before? I mean, look at this evidence:

He picked Ryan Callahan as his captain. Callahan played under Tortorella during the 2009-2010 season.

He refuses to give starts to Martin Biron and instead gives most to Henrik Lundqvist, a goaltender he had coached in 2009.

Marc Staal and Dan Girardi both have worn the "A" at some point. And - surprise! - both guys played under Torts 3 years ago.

And just recently, the Rangers decided to call up Chris Kreider over Nick Palmieri. KREIDER PLAYED FOR TORTS IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR!

Seriously, this can't just be a coincidence. John Tortorella shows blatant favoritism for players he has previously coached. And it's sickening. Please fire this man.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:57 PM
TheDoctorLies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Yeah, it's the guys with limited NTC's, like Nash last year. Gaborik has one too.
Nash has a full NMC for the next few years, so he doesn't have to submit a list at all if he doesn't want to. Last year he submitted a list of teams he would accept a trade to when he requested the trade from Howson. He never even had to do that, he could've just kept invoking his NMC until Howson traded him somewhere he wanted to go.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
I get the point these meat heads are trying to make we have had alot of former tampa players on this team.. But fact is alot of them played well for us and frankly we'd probably be better than we are now if we had both Feds and Prospal on this team.
Disagree , Unless the NYR goal is to be the slowest team in the league .

Old
03-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Dorado*

Although I'd take Feds over PYatt any day at this point . Prospal while has good hands around the net and on the PP is slower than slow

Old
03-20-2013, 08:05 PM
bernmeister

If LA interested in Gabby, could see something around
D A Martinez, LW Tanner Pearson and a first for Gabby and a second.

some additional bodies also for cap balance.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

if the Rangers need more grit on the bottom lines, how about BJ Crombeen from the Bolts?? doubt it would take much to get him. traded for a 5th round last year. Bickel and 3rd (FLA) for Crombeen and 6th 2014??

Old
03-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

@31
I don't know about "3rd line" shutdown center, but the Hawks are reportedly looking for 3rd or 4th line center.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
@31
I don't know about "3rd line" shutdown center, but the Hawks are reportedly looking for 3rd or 4th line center.
id love Shaw, McNeil and i would maybe take a chance on Beach although he is one of the few picks from 2008 that still hasnt played 1 game in the NHL.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
If LA interested in Gabby, could see something around
D A Martinez, LW Tanner Pearson and a first for Gabby and a second.

some additional bodies also for cap balance.
they are trying to win now , they are not trading Gaborik for a 1st and prospects...........they will wait till the draft if thats the best deal they can get

Old
03-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
John Scott always a great deadline acquisition
Still can't believe i stayed home from work for the deadline day last year for that monster acquisition .

Old
03-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Still can't believe i stayed home from work for the deadline day last year for that monster acquisition .
Ill never forget that one either . Sat in front of the tube all day for JOHN SCOTT

Old
03-20-2013, 08:27 PM
NYR Viper

Guys stay on topic

Old
03-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Guys stay on topic
Talked to my friend out on Colorado. Says he gets to watch Kings game kinda normally. Not a big fan of Voynov's game. I haven't seen much of the Kings or Voynov so I will with hold any judgement. Just seen that name mentioned in return for Gaborik. His thoughts "Kings fans would think they ripped you off".

Just an opposing view. I dunno. Not a fan of moving Gaborik this deadline. Also don't understand why we'd trade for a defenseman when we have McIlrath scratched in to start next year and theres still a possibility of Sauer making a miraculous recovery.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Cmox

Has this been posted?

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 1h
Quote:
AGM Jeff Gorton says Rangers will be aggressive in trade talks: "We're always trying to get something that's going to put us over the top."

Old
03-20-2013, 08:35 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Just trade for Lecavs, St. Louis, and Boyle already. Rename the team the "Lightning Rangers" and be done with it.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:36 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Has this been posted?

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 1h
Not sure it's been posted but it really doesn't say a whole lot, does it?

03-20-2013, 08:36 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Talked to my friend out on Colorado. Says he gets to watch Kings game kinda normally. Not a big fan of Voynov's game. I haven't seen much of the Kings or Voynov so I will with hold any judgement. Just seen that name mentioned in return for Gaborik. His thoughts "Kings fans would think they ripped you off".

Just an opposing view. I dunno. Not a fan of moving Gaborik this deadline. Also don't understand why we'd trade for a defenseman when we have McIlrath scratched in to start next year and theres still a possibility of Sauer making a miraculous recovery.
Sadly, at this point I think the odds are greater that Brady Skjei is in the lineup before Sauer is. Certainly Sauer could start feeling much better tomorrow, but you don't plan your team around the possibility of a guy making a "miraculous recovery." That said, I'm not advocating for Voynov who I know next to nothing about.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:37 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post

The Rangers lack a right handed puck mover. Voynov is a very good,young puck mover. Would you take another MDZ for Gaborik? I would.

Clifford is another player I want on the Rangers. Players who can play the game and who can handle the rough side of the game are extremely valuable.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The Rangers lack a right handed puck mover. Voynov is a very good,young puck mover. Would you take another MDZ for Gaborik? I would.

Clifford is another player I want on the Rangers. Players who can play the game and who can handle the rough side of the game are extremely valuable.
id love Clifford, McLeod, Torres, those type of players. Torres when not suspended he is a solid player. can score 15 goals.. Rangers need guys on the bottom line that have talent to score a little bit... not 1 goal in 20 games 3 assist in 19 games type players.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
id love Clifford, McLeod, Torres, those type of players. Torres when not suspended he is a solid player. can score 15 goals.. Rangers need guys on the bottom line that have talent to score a little bit... not 1 goal in 20 games 3 assist in 19 games type players.
No on Torres. If they add someone I am hoping they can stick around for a many years. They need players who can play the game AND drop the gloves. If they want to play this grinding style, they need players who can play that way. Unfortunately, they don't have many.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Jim Ramsay

Really don't see the rangers trading away gaborik if they aren't getting some kind of offensive player in return...

I Know he has is having a terrible year, but are people here really set on banking on an out of shape Richards and a mentally fragile Kreider to provide scoring if Gaborik gets traded???

I know the team needs a right handed shot on defense, but I think the bigger problem is scoring with this team.

Closed Thread