Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 10:32 AM
The Hendog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I would be quite pleased if that was a return for Bouw, and honestly I don't even think its too much. He has been lights out this year, other than a couple of odd defensive gaffs.
I think if you changed the 1st to a 2nd it would still be an acceptable deal from a Flames standpoint in my opinion
Although Read is a little older than I thought at 26

Old
03-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I would be quite pleased if that was a return for Bouw, and honestly I don't even think its too much. He has been lights out this year, other than a couple of odd defensive gaffs.
I would be thrilled with that return... Obviously the 1st would be protected, so the best it could be is 15. Still, a solid return. Calgary would have to retain cap though.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:46 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I wouldn't trade Jbow. That would turn us into a rebuilding team for 10 years. If the Oilers and Islanders taught us anything, you need legit defenders to keep you afloat
So, if J-Bo leaves as a UFA after next year, it will turn us into a rebuilding team for 10+ years, as we won't have either J-Bo or the propsects/draft picks we could get for trading him.

But the time Calgary is relevant again, J-Bo won't be. TIme to cash that chip in is now.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:50 AM
The Hendog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I would be thrilled with that return... Obviously the 1st would be protected, so the best it could be is 15. Still, a solid return. Calgary would have to retain cap though.
Yeah if we have to retain salary the pick has to be a 1st round

Old
03-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Rumors are really starting to flow. Yesterday, Mckenzie said Iginla trade talk has started, and today, Sportsnet said Kipper for Scrivens/Reimer and a 1st was a thing... Could it be? Has the rebuild finally begun??

Old
03-20-2013, 05:25 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
Rumors are really starting to flow. Yesterday, Mckenzie said Iginla trade talk has started, and today, Sportsnet said Kipper for Scrivens/Reimer and a 1st was a thing... Could it be? Has the rebuild finally begun??
Tomorrow we wake up to see Feaster has traded our 1st + Backlund for Derek Roy.

"This group of players deserves a chance to see if they can make it, intellectual honesty. I guarantee a playoff spot. I didn't come here to do a rebuild. Ill give you a 1st + 3rd for nothing."

So yeah. Should be interesting.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
McKenzie said nothing really. He said that one source says Iginla has given the Flames a list of 3 teams, another said he gave a list of 5 teams, then he said he doesn't even know if there is a list, all he knows is the ball is rolling.

You can sum that up in 4 words "Feaster is fielding calls", but that wouldn't make as good of TV.

The Kipper thing is pure speculation by Sportnet. There was no basis for it other than they think the Leafs need a goaltending upgrade.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:28 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:
I'm not one to believe the rumors as I believe this management will not rebuild but scrivens+1st I would be happy with.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

BobMac to me, is the most trusted NHL source out there. He didn't get that rep and trust by making up rumors for TV ratings. However, like AH said, he didn't really say anything except that talk is heating up so take that as you will. At least the Flames are doing their diligence and fielding calls for Iggy, driving up his market value in case we do have to trade him.

I would also prefer Spooner over Koko. Spooner has a ton of talent and he has shown to be one of the top players already in the AHL this season. Personally for me, I'm asking for Caron (for some much needed grit), Spooner and a 1st for Iggy.

I did however hear on the Fan today that Malcom Subban is a name circling out there in Boston in regards to Iginla rumors. I really hope he is not the key piece coming back in any Iginla deal, I feel we have better options in our system right now.

If this happens and Iggy gets traded, one of Gio or Jbo needs to go to. You shop both options and see which return benefits us the most. However, personally unless were getting Couturier back or a top 10 draft pick for Jbo, I'm not trading him in any deal. Gio is more than capable of returning the same assets that are less than those pieces.

So if it were me, I'm trading Iggy, Gio and Kipper, keeping everything else we have to try and be competitive and then try targeting a FA such as David Clarkson in the offseason. I do really like the Cammy to Nashville proposal though.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:56 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
BobMac to me, is the most trusted NHL source out there. He didn't get that rep and trust by making up rumors for TV ratings. However, like AH said, he didn't really say anything except that talk is heating up so take that as you will. At least the Flames are doing their diligence and fielding calls for Iggy, driving up his market value in case we do have to trade him.

I would also prefer Spooner over Koko. Spooner has a ton of talent and he has shown to be one of the top players already in the AHL this season. Personally for me, I'm asking for Caron (for some much needed grit), Spooner and a 1st for Iggy.

I did however hear on the Fan today that Malcom Subban is a name circling out there in Boston in regards to Iginla rumors. I really hope he is not the key piece coming back in any Iginla deal, I feel we have better options in our system right now.

If this happens and Iggy gets traded, one of Gio or Jbo needs to go to. You shop both options and see which return benefits us the most. However, personally unless were getting Couturier back or a top 10 draft pick for Jbo, I'm not trading him in any deal. Gio is more than capable of returning the same assets that are less than those pieces.

So if it were me, I'm trading Iggy, Gio and Kipper, keeping everything else we have to try and be competitive and then try targeting a FA such as David Clarkson in the offseason. I do really like the Cammy to Nashville proposal though.
BobMac has been wrong about the Flames several times already this season. He is very trusted but doesn't seem to have the best sources with the Flames.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

What do you guys think about these deals?

Iggy to Boston:

For

Caron, Spooner, 1st

Tangs to Pittsburg:

For

Pouliot and a 2nd

Kipper to Chicago:

For

MacNeill and a 1st

Gio to STL:

For

Rattie and 1st

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 03-20-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old
03-20-2013, 06:59 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

Iggy to Boston:

For

Caron, Spooner, 1st

Tangs to Pittsburg:

For

Pouliot and a 2nd

Kipper to Chicago:

For

MacNeill and a 1st

Gio to STL:

Rattie and 2nd
I'd say yes to all but Gio, would much prefer Cole + Rattie (STL have agreed to this) or Cole +1st and we add something small.

Chicago laughs hard and hangs up, as does Pit. Pouliot is probably a non starter.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Quote:

Iggy to Boston:

For

Caron, Spooner, 1st

Tangs to Pittsburg:

For

Pouliot and a 2nd

Kipper to Chicago:

For

MacNeill and a 1st

Gio to STL:

For

Rattie and 2nd
I don't know about the Chicago one. I find it hard to even get a 1st for Kipper...

Old
03-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
BobMac has been wrong about the Flames several times already this season. He is very trusted but doesn't seem to have the best sources with the Flames.
My main point was that Bob Mac does not make up rumors. He's not that type of insider. He has legit sources and does not report things unless he's actually hearing something.

And regarding my STL proposal, that was my bad and a typo. I actually meant to type a 1st.

I don't think that Pouliot is a non starter at all, they already have Despres and Morrow ahead of him with Maata and Harrington who are also very good prospects. The Pens could move him no problem and not blink. But I will say that Maata is a more likely return in that deal.

MacNeill may be asking a lot, but if the Hawks feel that Kipper buys them a Cup, they may make that trade? I guess it would depend on if Kipper plans on playing beyond this season.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
I don't know about the Chicago one. I find it hard to even get a 1st for Kipper...
Consider the goalie market. Loungo has a contract that rivals Lecavalier's, and Kipper is just as good as Lou. Bernier will cost minimum a 1st and is unproven. If Kipper is a available, I'd argue he would return more than any other goalie this deadline due to his contract and past performance.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:17 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Consider the goalie market. Loungo has a contract that rivals Lecavalier's, and Kipper is just as good as Lou.
Luongo may have a horrible contract, but at this stage of their careers is likely twice the goalie Kipper is.

Kipper has been horrible this year.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:20 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
My main point was that Bob Mac does not make up rumors. He's not that type of insider. He has legit sources and does not report things unless he's actually hearing something.

And regarding my STL proposal, that was my bad and a typo. I actually meant to type a 1st.

I don't think that Pouliot is a non starter at all, they already have Despres and Morrow ahead of him with Maata and Harrington who are also very good prospects. The Pens could move him no problem and not blink. But I will say that Maata is a more likely return in that deal.

MacNeill may be asking a lot, but if the Hawks feel that Kipper buys them a Cup, they may make that trade? I guess it would depend on if Kipper plans on playing beyond this season.
Given the way Crawford has played I doubt they move even a 1st for Kipper let alone another good prospect. And Pens fans feel extremely high on Pouliot and won't include him in an Iginla deal doubt they do for Tanguay. Maatta + 2nd seems much more realistic but even then why do they need Tanguay. Also I think Cole + Rattie/1st is the deal we should go after.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
Luongo may have a horrible contract, but at this stage of their careers is likely twice the goalie Kipper is.

Kipper has been horrible this year.
No he isn't twice the goalie, that's not even accurate. Harley's system is a run and gun one and Kipper has been exposed some nights. A player in one season does not go from bring a top 10 goalie to a poor one, they are other factors at play here. Given their contracts, I think Kipper would return more. It all depends on how a GM values a particular player.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Given the way Crawford has played I doubt they move even a 1st for Kipper let alone another good prospect. And Pens fans feel extremely high on Pouliot and won't include him in an Iginla deal doubt they do for Tanguay. Maatta + 2nd seems much more realistic but even then why do they need Tanguay. Also I think Cole + Rattie/1st is the deal we should go after.
Fans don't make trades. But I could see Maata and a 2nd, but I think because Tangs is signed beyond next year that he can get a 1st. Kipper would return a 1st, without a doubt. Only way it's a 2nd is if we are also getting another really good prospect.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:49 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Fans don't make trades. But I could see Maata and a 2nd, but I think because Tangs is signed beyond next year that he can get a 1st. Kipper would return a 1st, without a doubt. Only way it's a 2nd is if we are also getting another really good prospect.
From who? I don't think you are looking at this objectively. The goal tending market is flooded with talent right now with little to no teams looking for goalies. If Feaster could get a 2nd straight up for Kipper I would be rather surprised.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

The Hawks, Wings, Blues, Bolts, Leafs and Capitals are all teams IMO that could use Kipper. Lou and Bernier are the only available top goalies out there. If some team wants Kipper and thinks he puts them over the top or into playoffs, then yeah I think they would pay a 1st or at the very least give up a really good prospect for them.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:12 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
The Hawks, Wings, Blues, Bolts, Leafs and Capitals are all teams IMO that could use Kipper. Lou and Bernier are the only available top goalies out there. If some team wants Kipper and thinks he puts them over the top or into playoffs, then yeah I think they would pay a 1st or at the very least give up a really good prospect for them.
Hawks? No Crawford has been playing better than Kipper this year, Wings? No goaltending isn't there problem nor are they Kipper away from being a contender. Blues? Maybe but not at the price you said they have Allen who has been holding the fort until Halak finds his game doubt they give up on him after a 11 bad games not to mention Kipper isn't that big of an upgrade. Bolts? No they got Lindback knowing he was a project and the playoffs are probably out of reach anyway. WSH? No playoffs are out of reach and Holtby has been fine since week 3. Leafs? Highly doubtful outside of Kadri the goaltenders are the reason for their success and Kipper isn't an upgrade.

So really there is STL who could be looking for a goaltender and there are at 3 goalies available possibly more if Miller is indeed on the block or Bishop. So there really isn't much demand for a goalie and Kipper is probably one of the least attractive options out there. The only real deal I see is Neuvirth for Kipper. Or Kipper + Gio for Rattie + Cole + 2nd.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:57 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Hawks? No Crawford has been playing better than Kipper this year,
THis.

Pretty much every goalie has been playing better than Kipper this year.

There have been few, if any, goalies playing better than Crawford this year. And his back up is 11-0 this year.

And considering Kipper has a large cap hit next year, people think that Chicago will give up a 1st pick and 2011's 1st pick for Kipper.

Are you even trying out there?

Old
03-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Chris Butler
Feels bad man

This might be put in the wrong place, but I think it belongs here more than in the OT section. I was flipping through old Calgary trades on HF for nostalgia and what not and I found it hillarious how we went from thinking we robbed Buffalo for Ennis, to thinking it was an even deal since we got a second, to being completely outraged Felt like sharing it.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=933305

Old
03-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
Quote:
This might be put in the wrong place, but I think it belongs here more than in the OT section. I was flipping through old Calgary trades on HF for nostalgia and what not and I found it hillarious how we went from thinking we robbed Buffalo for Ennis, to thinking it was an even deal since we got a second, to being completely outraged Felt like sharing it.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=933305
Well Regehr is such a great player this year.

It worked out to be pretty fair.

Closed Thread