HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 2 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Big positive about Vanek is that we don't have a pure goal scorer and he's as close to that as you're gonna get. For all their successes, Habs really has had trouble scoring this year.
you are kidding right? Habs are scoring 3-4 goals a game

Old
03-20-2013, 10:21 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan2992 View Post
you are kidding right? Habs are scoring 3-4 goals a game
We're top 3 in the NHL for most goals per game and 5 on 5 scoring. Don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion right? some people...

Old
03-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
We're top 3 in the NHL for most goals per game and 5 on 5 scoring. Don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion right? some people...
Thanks for that ..I watch all the games and know the Habs score a bunch, it just confused the hell out of me what buddy was saying lol

Old
03-20-2013, 11:16 PM
AH

He has a point. We lack natural scorers outside of Ryder.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:20 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
He has a point. We lack natural scorers outside of Ryder.
There is that Max kid.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Traitor8

Jaromir Jagr
Marion Gaborik
Aaron Asham

are the three players that interest me a lot.

Proposals:

To NYR:
Rafa Diaz
Brian Gionta
Travis Moen
1st round pick 2013

To Mtl:
Marion Gaborik
Aaron Asham

To MTL:
Jaromir Jagr

To Dallas:
2nd round pick 2013

Ryder-Plekanec-Jagr
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gaborik
Bourque-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Galchenyuk-Asham

White/Armstrong

Old
03-20-2013, 11:38 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Jaromir Jagr
Marion Gaborik
Aaron Asham

are the three players that interest me a lot.

Proposals:

To NYR:
Rafa Diaz
Brian Gionta
Travis Moen
1st round pick 2013

To Mtl:
Marion Gaborik
Aaron Asham

To MTL:
Jaromir Jagr

To Dallas:
2nd round pick 2013

Ryder-Plekanec-Jagr
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gaborik
Bourque-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Galchenyuk-Asham

White/Armstrong
not in 7 million years

Old
03-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
not in 7 million years
Explain please.

For me, he will help Prust tremendously in the physical + fighting of the game. He also isn't a bad hockey player.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:57 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Explain please.

For me, he will help Prust tremendously in the physical + fighting of the game. He also isn't a bad hockey player.
I might be wrong but I think he's saying that your package will not land Gaborik and Asham. if that's the case then I have to agree with him.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I might be wrong but I think he's saying that your package will not land Gaborik and Asham. if that's the case then I have to agree with him.
Are you kidding me. This trade would be worse than the Gonez trade. Gionta is better than Gabby right now and cheaper. Moen can do more on the ice than Asham but I do like Ashams fighting abilities. Throwing in Diaz and a 1st?? Must be Gainey.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kade View Post
Are you kidding me. This trade would be worse than the Gonez trade. Gionta is better than Gabby right now and cheaper. Moen can do more on the ice than Asham but I do like Ashams fighting abilities. Throwing in Diaz and a 1st?? Must be Gainey.
Moen is not fighting anymore and he doesn't seem to be accepting his 4th line role. I am getting Asham in there to fight and to accept his role. He will be able to fight guys like Thornton from Boston without a problem. I also want to get rid of Moen's 4 year contract!

Gionta is not better than Gaborik! Gaborik is a superstar. Yes he is struggling but that doesn't mean Gionta is better. Gionta was also struggling a few weeks ago. Gaborik is a 40 goal scorer (as early as last year). Nothing's going right in NYR this year and Torts has benched Gabo and I think he "lost" him. He had 21 pts on the PP last year and he will be a great that on the special teams.

Gaborik also is a playoff performer and is known to be able to play both ends of the ice.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
But we score by commity and because of that we have to focus on our defensive game most of the time and the system. Habs cannot rely on a top goal scorer to help them cause we have none.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:10 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Is Gaborik doing that poorly? I heard he's just sick of Torts. I'm not the biggest Gionta fan but he has been pretty solid of late. Still I'd do this deal in a heartbeat.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Is Gaborik doing that poorly? I heard he's just sick of Torts. I'm not the biggest Gionta fan but he has been pretty solid of late. Still I'd do this deal in a heartbeat.
Exactly. I don't see how he's comparing that trade to Gomez lol.

Gaborik only has 1 year left on his deal after this year so if he really stinks it up, we can trade him at deadline next year or just let him go. It's a very small commitment.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:15 AM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
We don't need a prima donna who's paid a ton of money and is playinh poorly because he's sick of his coach. You're paid alot of money to play hard every shift, not just when you're ego is propped up. No way. Gionta at least plays his butt off.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:16 AM
HatTricK09

vCash: 982
Am I the only one who isn't that desperate for Gaborik? Yes, he is good, but he has a long history of injuries that comes with him, even if he's played 82 games last season.

As for Jagr, he isn't getting any younger, and might not even sign with us unless the money is there like the past 2 years- Bergevin will not give up a pick for a rental

Old
03-21-2013, 12:19 AM
habtastic

Gaborik seems to go completely against our new team philosophy. Yeah he's super talented, but if the tactics Torts is using aren't working (sure, they're extreme) he will be so hated here. I'm sure the Rangers fans aren't too happy about his lack of effort and/or efficacy. We need guys who will get the goals no matter what. Personally I just like our lineup if you add back our healthy players. Once the playoffs start, it will have a lot more to do with good Offense and GREAT Defense than fighting guys. Our team right now is not intimidated by anyone. They have one goal and that's to win and I like that.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Exactly. I don't see how he's comparing that trade to Gomez lol.

Gaborik only has 1 year left on his deal after this year so if he really stinks it up, we can trade him at deadline next year or just let him go. It's a very small commitment.
Diaz and a 1st?? Sounds like throwing in McDonagh to me. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it is a duck.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:22 AM
axman88

Lol, you don't trade your team when they're fighting for #1 in the east!

You guys are crazy! We're winning games! No need to fix when there's nothing broken!

The only tangibles I'd trade are Kaberle and....... well that's pretty much it! Even Kaberle I'd consider keeping him for the playoffs as he played pretty well in the last few games he played in.

The only player I'd like Bergevin to try to get but without giving up much (otherwise leave the team as is)....

Jagr....i'd give up a second rounder (montreal's - which will be close to a 3rd rounder) or Louis Leblanc (no future with montreal)....and we can throw in the 3rd round pick that we got for Cole......if Dallas doesn't bite than forget it!

I was going to say that we need a big D-man....but I'd just keep Tinordi up for the playoffs and let him get the experience!

This would be the lineup with Jagr and everybody healthy...I would alternate the players that have the / every other game.

Gionta - Plekanec - Jagr/Ryder

Gallagher - Desharnais - Paciorretti

Galchenyuk - Eller - Bourque/Armstrong

Moen - White - Prust

Markov - Emelin/Diaz

Subban - Gorges

Bouillon - Tinordi/Kaberle

Old
03-21-2013, 12:25 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Explain please.

Because Moen is a better player than he's been in these first 30 and he's gonna show us that in the playoffs...and I don't believe it makes sense to replace him with a guy who is 3 inches shorter, 4 years older and has no better production.

Marion Gaborik's cap hit is 7.5 million...he's underproducing and injury prone...gionta has more goals then him this year....and if he can't score with richards and nash....why would he do any better than gionta here...who's we're getting the same production from for 2.5 million less.

But mostly...I would not do this

Diaz...1st rounder....diaz is underrated and whether we eventually deal him or not....your evaluation of him is too low....and the 1st rounder is not being used to bring in 2 guys who are a collective 65 years old..sorry...nope we need youth not more age

Old
03-21-2013, 12:27 AM
HatTricK09

vCash: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Gionta - Plekanec - Jagr/Ryder

Gallagher - Desharnais - Paciorretti

Galchenyuk - Eller - Bourque/Armstrong

Moen - White - Prust

Markov - Emelin/Diaz

Subban - Gorges

Bouillon - Tinordi/Kaberle
Gionta- Plekanec- Ryder/ Jagr line doesn't really do it for me
They need someone physical or that line is getting pushed around all night. Bourque was doing good with Plekanec before being hurt.

Gionta- Plekanec- Bourque
Galchenyuk- Eller- Ryder/ Jagr

Maybe?

Old
03-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
You must be kidding, if that package is enough to get Gaborik, which I highly doubt, I'd do it right away.

You guys are funny. Even if Clowe has no goal this season, is playing like **** and extremely undisciplined but apparently a new environment will do him good so he'd be a perfect fit but when it comes to a talented player that can't fight but is a 40 goals+ scorer, he's a prima donna and don't fit this team.

You guys associate talented european players with primadonna, coach killer, not team player, lockeroom cancer when he's not doing well but when good old canadian boy who is slow as ****, doesn't bring anything to the team except taking bad penalties then poor kid, he needs change of scenery.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Jerky

So trade for the guy that has the best chemistry with Plekanec on the planet....and keep them apart! Great coaching decision.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:33 AM
axman88

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
They need someone physical or that line is getting pushed around all night. Bourque was doing good with Plekanec before being hurt.

Maybe?
That logic doesn't make sense.....If you think Gionta and Plekanec will get pushed around......Eller and a rookie won't? That's why I'd keep Armstrong/Bourque on the rookie line.....Ryder and Jagr will only be productive on an offensive line that's why I'd keep them there.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post

Maybe?
Yeah um, do you know Plekanec and Jagr have GREAT chemistry together? Why on earth would you split them if Jagr comes here.

Closed Thread