HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars @ Avs | 3/20/13 | 7:30 MT | Réservoir Jusqu'au Niveau Maximum!

Old
03-20-2013, 11:29 PM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 500
Alright!! We lost!!

*realize that we gone*

HOL-E S***. God dammit Sacco. You can't win an important game for us and now you can't loose an important game for us either? You have got to be the MOST USELESS coach ever! You can't win and you can't loose. Jesus ****ing christ.

YES I know!! Olver won this for us. W/E.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:29 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Ginner should play on Saturday and Duke should sit. Sad but true. BTW does anyone have that picture of Mcleod? Looked hilaious

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:30 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Man,

Hejduk needs to take whatever Whitney and Jagr and Selanne are taking. Those geezers still got game.
He is taking what Stastny is taking... the "he needs better linemates" medicine.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:31 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
It's posts like this that make me shake my head.

Did we have an awful 1st period? Hell yes.
Did we battle back and outplay them in the 2nd? Hell yes.
Did we outwork and out battle them in the 3rd? Hell yes.

We deserved that win
You joking right?

1st period was miserable, 2nd period was tolerable wouldn't say it was a domination on our part, I guess you could give us a slight edge as we did outscore them 2-1, and the 3rd was pretty even even though we outscored them 2-0 mainly because Varly made about 4 or 5 bail out saves including about 3 after we tied it where our defense fell asleep and our 2 goals were fluky one was a shot by O'Reilly that had no business going in Lethonen misread it and was out of position, totally on him and the other took a wicked bounce off the dman's head and falls magically on Kobasew's stick.

If we are playing any team of any quality tonight we probably lose 5-3 or worse, but since we played Dallas a very mediocre team we come out with a lucky 4-3 win.

It you are expecting us to win many game playing the way we did tonight then you are setting yourself up for misery.

Taking 6 penalties while only getting 2 PPs will lose you pretty much any game if the team has a credible PP, starting every game down 2-0 isn't going to win you many games, relying on some fluky goals isn't going to win many games, asking your goalie to make 6-8 point blank saves a night isn't going to win many games, switching your line combos 4 times in one game isn't going to win you very many games, playing dump and chase every possession isn't going to work. The list can go on but I'll leave it at that for now.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they showed some heart and played harder after ******** the bed the first period and then pulled out a win as I rather get wins and play better than tank and get a top pick. But if you think playing like they did tonight will get them more wins I feel bad for you because you are setting yourself up for failure.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:31 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Okay, I didn't know that, but I would rather have #2 pick, because I want defenseman. Not Mackinnon.
Nothing wrong with taking Jones #1

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:32 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

Quote:
They could even think about re-signing him?
I think Avs probably would want to open up a spot or two in the bottom six. You have to give Malone/Carey/Sgarbossa a chance to make the team.

Besides, if we can get a third for a rental bottom six forward it's a pretty good trade.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:33 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
He is taking what Stastny is taking... the "he needs better linemates" medicine.
I've given up on Stas.

No matter who he plays with it doesn't matter. He's played with McGinn, PAP, Landy, Duchene, Jones, Pajamas, Mitchell, and still can't do anything right.

Who does he need to produce? Crosby? Stamkos?

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Ask him what his demands are, if it's too much, move him at the deadline. Just like they did with Winnik.
Quote:
They could even think about re-signing him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
With the way Kobasew is playing, we'll probably get a 3rd for him at the deadline.
I've always liked Kobasew in a bottom 6 role. Pending contract demands, I think he's a good guy to have around.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:38 PM
Chileiceman

Quote:
I've given up on Stas.

No matter who he plays with it doesn't matter. He's played with McGinn, PAP, Landy, Duchene, Jones, Pajamas, Mitchell, and still can't do anything right.

Thought Stazz was decent tonight. He does a lot of small things that don't get noticed.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
I've given up on Stas.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Sacco on scratching McGinn and Jones:

"There comes a point when, you know, you wait around for people to get the job done, and then after a while you have to make decisions, hard decisions, but those are the decisions you have to make"

I hope Sherman uses that quote at the end of the year at the presser for Sacco not being retained.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:39 PM
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
You joking right?

1st period was miserable, 2nd period was tolerable wouldn't say it was a domination on our part, I guess you could give us a slight edge as we did outscore them 2-1, and the 3rd was pretty even even though we outscored them 2-0 mainly because Varly made about 4 or 5 bail out saves including about 3 after we tied it where our defense fell asleep and our 2 goals were fluky one was a shot by O'Reilly that had no business going in Lethonen misread it and was out of position, totally on him and the other took a wicked bounce off the dman's head and falls magically on Kobasew's stick.

If we are playing any team of any quality tonight we probably lose 5-3 or worse, but since we played Dallas a very mediocre team we come out with a lucky 4-3 win.

It you are expecting us to win many game playing the way we did tonight then you are setting yourself up for misery.

Taking 6 penalties while only getting 2 PPs will lose you pretty much any game if the team has a credible PP, starting every game down 2-0 isn't going to win you many games, relying on some fluky goals isn't going to win many games, asking your goalie to make 6-8 point blank saves a night isn't going to win many games, switching your line combos 4 times in one game isn't going to win you very many games, playing dump and chase every possession isn't going to work. The list can go on but I'll leave it at that for now.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they showed some heart and played harder after ******** the bed the first period and then pulled out a win as I rather get wins and play better than tank and get a top pick. But if you think playing like they did tonight will get them more wins I feel bad for you because you are setting yourself up for failure.
All I said was that we deserved to win TONIGHT's game. Obviously if we don't play better we are going to lose against better teams. But I think the boys were gripping the sticks too tightly during the losing streak so maybe they can relax a little and play better on Saturday.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post

"There comes a point when, you know, you wait around for people to get the job done, and then after a while you have to make decisions, hard decisions, but those are the decisions you have to make"

I hope Sherman uses that quote at the end of the year at the presser for Sacco not being retained.
hehe

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
This Stars team is a bunch of pukes, there's nothing worse than fake tough guys.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post

That would be awesome. He just walks up to the podium, inserts a VHS (makes it better for some reason) into the machine. Hits play. Plays this quote, hits stop, and walks off stage without saying a word.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:57 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
All I said was that we deserved to win TONIGHT's game. Obviously if we don't play better we are going to lose against better teams. But I think the boys were gripping the sticks too tightly during the losing streak so maybe they can relax a little and play better on Saturday.
I hope you're right about playing better (I can't take much more of this garbage they have thrown out lately) now that they got a win, but tonight's team looked just as bad as the team that the lost the previous 4. The only difference being they actually got a couple of breaks that they weren't getting the previous 4.

I've never been so frustrated to be an Avs fan, and I've watched over 95% of the games since they moved here in 95. This team just aggravates the hell out of me. I understand rebuilds, what I can't deal with is ineptitude. Its been 4+ years since I saw the Avs go out and field a competitive team on a nightly basis. The team this year seems to have hit a new low. I didn't have super high expectations coming into the year, but I did expect to see some improvement, but we've gone backwards while teams like Edmonton and Columbus have taken steps forward. One win against a weaker team is nice and all but I don't see it leading to much, I hope you're right and we can build some momentum from this game and finish the year playing harder on a nightly basis but the Avs have let me down so many times lately its hard to think that this time will be any different.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:59 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanRCN View Post
robidas looks like hes being taken out of the game for embarrassment,

"we're losing to the avs, ****" - what i think is going through robidas' mind

also, this isn't helping the tank, stop scoring
t'were the puck that was going through Robidas' mind.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:04 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
An assist taken away from Olver and given to O'Reilly on the last goal, figured they would do that.

That's 8 points in his last 8 games. Meanwhile, Stastny has disappeared...again.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
Thought Stazz was decent tonight. He does a lot of small things that don't get noticed.
Yeah, Staz looked fine. In fact this was probably the most physical I've seen him play in a long time. It was odd seeing him initiate the contact.

Duchene on the other hand just didn't have it tonight. But he's allowed a few off games, can't be in beast mode every night.

Who knew ROR would play better with the 3rd liners and not Lando.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:09 AM
landesberg
varlamov4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Who knew ROR would play better with the 3rd liners and not Lando.
But Landeskog is a 3rd liner...

landesberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:13 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
we need 78 point caliber stastny, not little-things-that-go-unnoticed- stastny for 6.6 million.

he is good defensively though.

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:15 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Ginner should play on Saturday and Duke should sit. Sad but true. BTW does anyone have that picture of Mcleod? Looked hilaious
Feels so wrong to say it but it's the only thing which makes sense. Scratch Jones and Hejduk and our forwards are at least fun to watch.

klozge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Expecting Sacco to change the lineup after a win is like expecting Katherine Webb to return my calls.

Dallas is one weird team. They should be better than what they currently are. Getting dreadfully little out of Benn and Roy right now. I can't help but think Gulutzan is in trouble there. Sad that Sacco likely has more job security than him at this point.

Av-merican is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:39 AM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Expecting Sacco to change the lineup after a win is like expecting Katherine Webb to return my calls.

Dallas is one weird team. They should be better than what they currently are. Getting dreadfully little out of Benn and Roy right now. I can't help but think Gulutzan is in trouble there. Sad that Sacco likely has more job security than him at this point.
I'm just impressed you have her number.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:29 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
By the way, just purchased one of those green St. Patrick's day Avs hats from nhl.com, figured I'd see if I could help the Avs luck out.
I'm so sorry for ruining the tank guys. I'll return the hat immediately.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote