HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2013, 10:22 PM
  #701
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Not many people would be against bringing in Iginla, the question is at what cost
i am and have been for over a year. only way i would like the move is for a 4th rounder or worse. imo, giving up anything beyond a 4th - 7th round pick for total rental is to much. trading a 1st - 3rd round pick for a player that will walk over the summer is bad asset management. teams are primarily built on those picks and with LA trading away a few 1st's the past years, i think it would be to much

then factor in supposedly a roster player and a prospect for him.....get the F out of here with that

Whiskeypete is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:31 PM
  #702
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,804
vCash: 500
I really want Iggy. I hope we can land him for something reasonable.

KingKopitar11 is online now  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:49 PM
  #703
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Classless LA
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,486
vCash: 498
I doubt he'll walk though.

Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 11:39 PM
  #704
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,550
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I doubt he'll walk though.
Iginla is the epitome of a rental.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 11:50 PM
  #705
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,548
vCash: 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
The buying out of Brad Richards has been out there a while. I saw the comment on the Flyers' board and also on a twitter feed but I can't remember whose it was, I won't be home till tomorrow night to check. But it was definitely Mike Richards and a lot of Ranger fans didn't want him cause he was signed till 2020.

Edit: Found it, hope this works cause I'm on my BlackBerry:
http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2013-ar...t-gaborik.html
Not shooting the messenger at all with anything I say below, it was bound to come up.

I see someone spotted the my dad heard on a radio Richards/Scuderi thing. Darn. A lot of people either write about things they find on here (like proposals for example) or there is the possibility that the person writes about it when they get the idea and then post it here. Grain o' salt from me, or less than that even. Definitely not a rumor IMO.

I can see the Kings having absolutely no interest in Gaborik. He doesn't fit the Kings roster at all, he doesn't finish his checks, and we can't afford the cap hit next season without sending Williams their way. So Williams + another asset and our top line being screwed up due to Brown having to play the puck fetching role, hell no from me.

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 11:52 PM
  #706
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,684
vCash: 500
That's not a rumor, it's just a Rangers blogger thinking out loud wishing and hoping they could get Richards. They can keep dreaming.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 11:54 PM
  #707
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,186
vCash: 500
I don't see any reason why the Kings would be interested in adding a pricey scoring forward.

If anything needs to be addressed it's defense.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 12:00 AM
  #708
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 9,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I don't see any reason why the Kings would be interested in adding a pricey scoring forward.

If anything needs to be addressed it's defense.
same here. scoring isnt a problem, it's on the backend with young inexperienced defensemen. Dennis from the 4th period seems convinced it will happen, I just don't see it.

kingsfan28 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 12:03 AM
  #709
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 9,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That's not a rumor, it's just a Rangers blogger thinking out loud wishing and hoping they could get Richards. They can keep dreaming.
I think this is how the Brown rumor started, which a bunch of reporters/bloggers throwing names around and it was passed on to the major media outlets.

kingsfan28 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 12:57 AM
  #710
TruKingFan
Cup Winner
 
TruKingFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Beachfront
Country: United States
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I don't see any reason why the Kings would be interested in adding a pricey scoring forward.
Especially if it cost Mike Richards! LMAO. Poor NYR blogger - at least dreaming's free.

TruKingFan is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 01:11 AM
  #711
AKAY47
Philly West Fan
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,221
vCash: 500
I want Hal Gill. I've decided he's the guy that I hope we get. He'll bring that defensive presence we're missing w/o Willie and Greene.

Also, put me on board for Iginla. I'll give up Bernier but they better give up something more than Iginla. Iginla + an extension. If it's only Iginla as a rental, I'm down to give them a pick

AKAY47 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 02:49 AM
  #712
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
I think this is how the Brown rumor started, which a bunch of reporters/bloggers throwing names around and it was passed on to the major media outlets.
In that case.....let's feed the flames.....it worked last year.

redcard is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 03:34 AM
  #713
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
There is a rumour on the Flyers board that the trade would be Richards for Gaborik. He's signed through next year so I don't think there is anything to it since his cap hit is higher than Richards'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose of Sutter View Post
Where is that Ron Swanson painting?

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 04:05 AM
  #714
losingsand
Registered User
 
losingsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pasadena, ca
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
i know it's not gonna happen, but the one player in this league that i think can help us the most is

TIM GLEASON

losingsand is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 08:57 AM
  #715
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Update on my post from Saturday. I asked Dennis Bernstein on Twitter last night if he could reveal the rumor now that he couldn't talk about regarding a backup goalie deal the Kings may have worked out if Bernier is dealt. This was his response:

@DennisTFP: Khant tell who might bib replacing Bernier if traded but ulin might figure it out.

LombardiTool is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:06 AM
  #716
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Considering iggys age and devotion to the flames organization I feel that Feaster might let him go for cheap to the kings like a Gagne kind of trade. Reunite him with Sutter and people he knows. But then again it's Feaster but hopefully if they do consider his choices as the kings maybe we can get him cheap.
Doubt it. If the Flames deal Iggy, they'll get as much as they can from the team Iggy wants to go to. Iggy is driving the bus to a degree here, but he's also not going to screw the Flames by insisting the trade be himself for a 4th rounder.

If the Kings got Iggy they may not have to give up a roster player (I assume they will), but they'll be giving up likely a 1st at least.

Feaster was also the one to deal Brad Richards away from Tampa Bay and he landed Mike Smith, Jeff Halpern and Jussi Jokinen in that swap. I forget if Richards was a UFA to be, or if he had one more year on his deal (I think he had one more year and that was actually part of the reason he was dealt, due to being a bit of a salary anchor).

Different situations, but assuming the Flames handle Iggy the same, I could see them pushing for some sort of Bernier, Richardson and another player/prospect/pick for Iggy and someone else, either a backup to replace Bernier (unlikely) or a veteran forward/d-man (whichever we need).

I think we'd be crazy to do that, but I can also see Calgary pushing for that. Keep in mind Feaster isn't a guy that places a lot of importance on the draft, so draft picks likely won't hold a great deal of value to him.

Interesting tidbit: The Calgary Flames have never had two first round draft picks in the same draft. I don't see that changing under Feaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
I think this is how the Brown rumor started, which a bunch of reporters/bloggers throwing names around and it was passed on to the major media outlets.
I think DL had somethig to do with the Brown rumour. Honestly, I wonder if he floated it out there to get him going. Whichever, it sure worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingsand View Post
i know it's not gonna happen, but the one player in this league that i think can help us the most is

TIM GLEASON
I'd love to add him, but he has a full NTC for this season (and next) and his cap hit of $4 million would be tough to swallow.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:09 AM
  #717
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LombardiTool View Post
Update on my post from Saturday. I asked Dennis Bernstein on Twitter last night if he could reveal the rumor now that he couldn't talk about regarding a backup goalie deal the Kings may have worked out if Bernier is dealt. This was his response:

@DennisTFP: Khant tell who might bib replacing Bernier if traded but ulin might figure it out.
It would make sense and is one of the names I mentioned earlier in the season as well. Edmonton would have to go on a bit of a skid for them to deal him however. I doubt he'd cost much, a 3rd at most, and he's a UFA after the season.

If DL did do a deal with Edmonton, he's definitely not afraid to go back where he got burned before, lol.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:23 AM
  #718
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: England
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
It would make sense and is one of the names I mentioned earlier in the season as well. Edmonton would have to go on a bit of a skid for them to deal him however. I doubt he'd cost much, a 3rd at most, and he's a UFA after the season.

If DL did do a deal with Edmonton, he's definitely not afraid to go back where he got burned before, lol.
I just threw up in my mouth a little....nothing more than a 7th for khabby.

Knight of the Realm is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:27 AM
  #719
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I just threw up in my mouth a little....nothing more than a 7th for khabby.
Any reason why? I'm just curious, and I hold no loyalty to Khabibulin. Assuming we deal Bernier, which I doubt but haven't ruled out, DL will need to add a backup goalie. He's expressed (IIRC) that the organization doesn't feel Jones is there yet, so a vet backup would be the way to go.

Most likely a UFA to be would make the most sense, and there's not many that have the pedigree of Bulin, not to mention he's done very well in the spot duty he's received this season, showing he'd be ok coming off the bench for a few games, which is likely all he'd get anyways.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:05 AM
  #720
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: England
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Any reason why? I'm just curious, and I hold no loyalty to Khabibulin. Assuming we deal Bernier, which I doubt but haven't ruled out, DL will need to add a backup goalie. He's expressed (IIRC) that the organization doesn't feel Jones is there yet, so a vet backup would be the way to go.

Most likely a UFA to be would make the most sense, and there's not many that have the pedigree of Bulin, not to mention he's done very well in the spot duty he's received this season, showing he'd be ok coming off the bench for a few games, which is likely all he'd get anyways.
I honestly have no faith in him. Unless Quick is back on his old form and Khabby is warming the bench, I wouldn't be very thrilled with his arrival.

A 7th at most-a 6th if we are desperate.

Knight of the Realm is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:08 AM
  #721
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,721
vCash: 500
Who would you think would be a better target, that is available?

I agree he's not ideal, but he may be the best of what's available for cheap.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:12 AM
  #722
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: England
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Who would you think would be a better target, that is available?

I agree he's not ideal, but he may be the best of what's available for cheap.
Ottaw may have a log jam when Anderson returns....possibly a guy like Bishop.

Willing to spend a little more on a guy who could possibly stay for awhile.

Khabby, for me, is there if nothing else is...but again I wouldn't send much to get him. Probably all moot anyway, I think Bernier stays this year.

Knight of the Realm is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:15 AM
  #723
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor
 
jimmy1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I want Hal Gill. I've decided he's the guy that I hope we get. He'll bring that defensive presence we're missing w/o Willie and Greene.

Also, put me on board for Iginla. I'll give up Bernier but they better give up something more than Iginla. Iginla + an extension. If it's only Iginla as a rental, I'm down to give them a pick
NO!!! Please, no!!! There's a reason they call him the glacier. I will never forget him just getting blown by in the playoffs with Montreal to give up a (shorthanded?) goal. He was either incredibly slow or unbelievably lazy. Both are bad. And that was two or three years ago. On top of that, he hasn't even been healthy this year.

jimmy1100 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:16 AM
  #724
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: England
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
NO!!! Please, no!!! There's a reason they call him the glacier. I will never forget him just getting blown by in the playoffs with Montreal to give up a (shorthanded?) goal. He was either incredibly slow or unbelievably lazy. Both are bad. And that was two or three years ago. On top of that, he hasn't even been healthy this year.
+1, just say no to Gill

Knight of the Realm is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:51 AM
  #725
Basilisk
Registered User
 
Basilisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LombardiTool View Post
Update on my post from Saturday. I asked Dennis Bernstein on Twitter last night if he could reveal the rumor now that he couldn't talk about regarding a backup goalie deal the Kings may have worked out if Bernier is dealt. This was his response:

@DennisTFP: Khant tell who might bib replacing Bernier if traded but ulin might figure it out.

Code for "Bulin"?

Basilisk is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.