HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Southsiders treated horribly at Canucks-Wild Game

View Poll Results: What kind of atmosphere would you prefer at Canucks games?
Quiet to no noise 20 9.71%
Louder and full of energy 186 90.29%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2013, 09:20 PM
  #426
JBIZ14
Registered User
 
JBIZ14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Cheering after something happens is fine but fairly condescending...a home crowd should provide energy so the players feed off it and succeed...they dont need you to cheer after they do things...they know they did it they were there too.

Energy is created throw motion and vocals..it doesnt matter why or what is being chanted its about the atmosphere and buzz it creates for the players.

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:20 PM
  #427
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,382
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
If you have money to buy a ticket, you have a right to watch it quietly if you want in the arena
agree 100%

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:23 PM
  #428
JBIZ14
Registered User
 
JBIZ14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
If you have money to buy a ticket, you have a right to watch it quietly if you want in the arena.

You say "Canucks fans are doing it wrong" and use arguing from ignorance in the same post. Interesting.
Ask the players what they would prefer...you have every right to be quiet...its just not helping the team at all...so to me those fans are doing it wrong.

If you are a fan of a team and want them to well and they tell you as players they prefer loud support from the fans why would you sit there and not do what is best for the team?

Theres a reason no team dreads coming to play in Vancouver.

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:24 PM
  #429
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
Cheering after something happens is fine but fairly condescending...a home crowd should provide energy so the players feed off it and succeed...they dont need you to cheer after they do things...they know they did it they were there too.

Energy is created throw motion and vocals..it doesnt matter why or what is being chanted its about the atmosphere and buzz it creates for the players.
Are you kidding me? Cheerin after something happens is a natural emotion.

The condescending part here is idiots in the crowd trying to get you to cheer when you want them to.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:27 PM
  #430
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
Ask the players what they would prefer...you have every right to be quiet...its just not helping the team at all...so to me those fans are doing it wrong.

If you are a fan of a team and want them to well and they tell you as players they prefer loud support from the fans why would you sit there and not do what is best for the team?

Theres a reason no team dreads coming to play in Vancouver.
Yes. Damn. The Canucks losin all those home games is the fault of the fans.

So how do you explain the Jets fans being so loud last season and them still sucking?

Based on your logic, that should help the team.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:36 PM
  #431
RezChi
Registered User
 
RezChi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Yes. Damn. The Canucks losin all those home games is the fault of the fans.

So how do you explain the Jets fans being so loud last season and them still sucking?

Based on your logic, that should help the team.
They would be sucking more without their loud fans

RezChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:42 PM
  #432
LongRoad
Registered User
 
LongRoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Yes. Damn. The Canucks losin all those home games is the fault of the fans.

So how do you explain the Jets fans being so loud last season and them still sucking?

Based on your logic, that should help the team.
Ridiculous straw man. Nobody suggested it overrules factors like lineup quality. Just because it isn't the sole factor doesn't prevent it from being a factor. Home field advantage, for many reasons, is recognized as a significant benefit. In the BPL home teams score 37% more goals than away teams. Vancouver was a record haul for our Olympic team. Crowds are only one part of that, sure, but they're certainly in the equation.

I know, speaking personally, I've always been jacked up with someone cheering me on and mildly terrified when they're sitting there nervously.

LongRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:53 PM
  #433
Wheatley
We Rabite You
 
Wheatley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
I dont know if you're trolling or just ignorant but I'll assume the later.
And I'll assume you're an idiot who idolizes a group of morons.

To each their own, but don't try to make people who don't get wasted and act like a bunch of jackasses, feel like they're "not doing it right".

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:03 PM
  #434
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRoad View Post
Ridiculous straw man. Nobody suggested it overrules factors like lineup quality. Just because it isn't the sole factor doesn't prevent it from being a factor. Home field advantage, for many reasons, is recognized as a significant benefit. In the BPL home teams score 37% more goals than away teams. Vancouver was a record haul for our Olympic team. Crowds are only one part of that, sure, but they're certainly in the equation.

I know, speaking personally, I've always been jacked up with someone cheering me on and mildly terrified when they're sitting there nervously.
Vancouver was also a record haul because our athletes practiced on all the tracks, mountains and rinks that the medals were won in.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:05 PM
  #435
LongRoad
Registered User
 
LongRoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Vancouver was also a record haul because our athletes practiced on all the tracks, mountains and rinks that the medals were won in.
Like I said, only one of the factors. But you can't deny crowd support has an impact on the mental state of an athlete.

LongRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:17 PM
  #436
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRoad View Post
Like I said, only one of the factors. But you can't deny crowd support has an impact on the mental state of an athlete.
Definately it does. But it can also be argued that some may have underperformed because of the immense pressure.

Although I believe the men's and women's hockey teams greatly benefitted.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:18 PM
  #437
opendoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,431
vCash: 500
Studies have generally concluded that home ice advantage has much more to do with rules favoring the home team (last change in hockey or batting last in baseball) and unconscious referee bias than with anything to do with crowd support.

opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:33 PM
  #438
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Studies have generally concluded that home ice advantage has much more to do with rules favoring the home team (last change in hockey or batting last in baseball) and unconscious referee bias than with anything to do with crowd support.
Well one could argue that cheering could sway referee bias even more, although I dont give a rats what fans do at rogers since I will never get to go myself.

also there are lots more factors in home advantage, sleep in own bed, time with family, familiar routine, and more. Since every sport I have followed seems to have teams harder to beat at home without any rule advantage. even sports, that are not team sports ( is there a word for that ???)

Stories Tales Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:47 PM
  #439
Wheatley
We Rabite You
 
Wheatley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
Well one could argue that cheering could sway referee bias even more, although I dont give a rats what fans do at rogers since I will never get to go myself.

also there are lots more factors in home advantage, sleep in own bed, time with family, familiar routine, and more. Since every sport I have followed seems to have teams harder to beat at home without any rule advantage. even sports, that are not team sports ( is there a word for that ???)
Like Tennis or Golf?

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:06 PM
  #440
*Injektilo
Registered User
 
*Injektilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: France
Posts: 11,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Definately it does. But it can also be argued that some may have underperformed because of the immense pressure.

Although I believe the men's and women's hockey teams greatly benefitted.
I'm left being extremely confused as to whether or not you think it's a good thing.

*Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:07 PM
  #441
*Injektilo
Registered User
 
*Injektilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: France
Posts: 11,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
And I'll assume you're an idiot who idolizes a group of morons.

To each their own, but don't try to make people who don't get wasted and act like a bunch of jackasses, feel like they're "not doing it right".
Do you believe the videos below consist of people getting wasted and acting like a bunch of jackasses?








*Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:11 PM
  #442
RJC
Registered User
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 982
vCash: 500
^ nobody wants that, this isn't soccer.. loud and obnoxious

RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:13 PM
  #443
*Injektilo
Registered User
 
*Injektilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: France
Posts: 11,706
vCash: 500
Yeah, it's not like Swedes know anything about hockey.

This argument that hockey needs to be played in silence is incomprehensible to me.

*Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:59 PM
  #444
Free Torts
Registered User
 
Free Torts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,427
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Injektilo View Post
This argument that hockey needs to be played in silence is incomprehensible to me.
Who is making that argument?

Free Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:14 AM
  #445
kanuck87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
Theres a reason no team dreads coming to play in Vancouver.
We've been one of the best home teams over the last two seasons. If teams don't take us seriously when they're here, they're stupid.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:23 AM
  #446
*Injektilo
Registered User
 
*Injektilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: France
Posts: 11,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
Who is making that argument?
If someone finds chanting and clapping "loud and obnoxious", then what is preferred? If it's not peace and quiet then enlighten me, because I clearly don't get it.

*Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:35 AM
  #447
JBIZ14
Registered User
 
JBIZ14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
^ nobody wants that, this isn't soccer.. loud and obnoxious
The poll seems to convincingly disagree with you. Support like those videos is found in numerous sports all over the world. In fact i would guess its more common then the golf clap when you do something to entertain me support at Rogers Arena.

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:54 AM
  #448
JBIZ14
Registered User
 
JBIZ14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
We've been one of the best home teams over the last two seasons. If teams don't take us seriously when they're here, they're stupid.
We have been one of the best teams...period. Players not wanting to play in Vancouver is based on the team...what happens when this team isn't very good...seems to me like no one will be there to lift the team up in a tough game because a lot of people are there to be entertained not to participate.

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:57 AM
  #449
NoShowWilly
Registered User
 
NoShowWilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Delta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
The poll seems to convincingly disagree with you. Support like those videos is found in numerous sports all over the world. In fact i would guess its more common then the golf clap when you do something to entertain me support at Rogers Arena.
nervously quiet is what our fan base wants. The players don't sense 19,000 fans nervously watching them play. They are professionals. They know how to drown out the sound of nothing at home.

Lets keep it to tried tested and true chants like Fin led "go canucks go", off-beat goalie taunts, and of course "Luuu".

There is always time to cheer during commercial breaks. Don't forget to "MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!". i mean you don't have to because the music is too loud for anyone to be heard but you still should until the puck is dropped. Then sit nervously.

NoShowWilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:04 AM
  #450
Wheatley
We Rabite You
 
Wheatley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Injektilo View Post
If someone finds chanting and clapping "loud and obnoxious", then what is preferred? If it's not peace and quiet then enlighten me, because I clearly don't get it.
It's not all that difficult. Next time you go to a game take some notes.

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.