HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 4-3 in SO

Old
03-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Rin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbert View Post
**** it, goodnight

#FreeYakupov
We need to get that hashtag trending during every oiler game until Krueger gets the ****ing point.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Cuthbert is awesome. U crazy man.
Nails on a chalkboard.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by millax View Post
When we win we have to re-sign half of the team and there are threads about which of the young players is the best.

When we lose we need to fire the coach, cut Smyth, and trade the other half of the team.

Has anyone else noticed this crap has gotten significantly worse over the past couple of years?
Not surprising when you eat dick for three years straight and are handed a bucket load of hope for your first overall picks.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yablo21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Edmonton leads the league in.............OT loses.

If we had even won 2-3 of those we would be sitting in 8th right now.

No finish...
Ya 4-7 in extra time is brutal, I expected 4 on 4 and shootout to be least of their worries

Yablo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yablo21 View Post
Ya 4-7 in extra time is brutal, I expected 4 on 4 and shootout to be least of their worries
#FreeYakupov

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Any competent NHL. Hell, junior goalie makes that save on Wingels. It was a semi decent shot from about 20 feet out, you have to be kidding me if you think that Dubnyk shouldn't have made that stop.
He was being screened by Whitney as well on the play - not an excuse, but definitely a factor.

And let's be honest, that was a shot with some zip on it. This wasn't some Horcoff/Smyth floater.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 03-21-2013 at 12:21 AM.
The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Bisson View Post

No idea why it never lets me post youtube vids...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk
Just post whatever comes after the "=" sign in the link between the YT tags. So in this instance "p3-eavMSBnk" would go between the tags.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:07 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by millax View Post
When we win we have to re-sign half of the team and there are threads about which of the young players is the best.

When we lose we need to fire the coach, cut Smyth, and trade the other half of the team.

Has anyone else noticed this crap has gotten significantly worse over the past couple of years?
This forum is full of die hard fans so naturally the highs will be too high and the lows too low. I'm not sure why some here don't understand that.
Also, i'm sure that 3 last place finishes (sorry, one 2nd to last place finish), 6 straight years of missed playoffs and an alarmingly high rate of blown 3rd periods this season when the team is so close to the top 8 in the west has made a lot of Oiler fans a bit edgy.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Dubnyk wears goat horns this evening but the amount of shots that the Oilers give up every night is absolutely insane.

Another note: Our home record is downright comical. Even bad teams play above .500 hockey at home. To subject the long suffering fanbase to this... it makes my stomach turn.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:09 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Bisson View Post

No idea why it never lets me post youtube vids...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk
Only include the URL after watch?v= between your [YT] and [/ YT]

For your video, you'd write (minus the space):
[YT]p3-eavMSBnk[/ YT]

03-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Did people not see the net cam of the third goal? It wasn't an impossible save or anything but it was far from a must save. The shot was a perfectly placed bomb of a shot that he got away in a hurry. If ebs or hall takes that shot everyone here is talking about what an amazing snipe it was.

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:12 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
He was being screened by Whitney as well on the play - not an excuse, but definitely a factor.

And let's be honest, that was a shot with some zip on it. This wasn't some Horcoff/Smyth floater.
Nevertheless, any decent NHL goalie makes that stop. Plus the fact that it was the game tying goal in the 3rd period made it even more inexcusable. He HAS to make that stop. Watch again, he wasn't ready for the shot and thus, was late in reacting. Inexcusable especially at that moment of the game.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:14 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Because he religiously puts the fourth line on the ice the shift after a power play, and opposing teams always just put their top lines out after a PK.
Big advantage to the opposing teams. Decisions like that are a recipe for failure.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CupofOil

double post.

Old
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
This forum is full of die hard fans so naturally the highs will be too high and the lows too low. I'm not sure why some here don't understand that.
Also, i'm sure that 3 last place finishes (sorry, one 2nd to last place finish), 6 straight years of missed playoffs and an alarmingly high rate of blown 3rd periods this season when the team is so close to the top 8 in the west has made a lot of Oiler fans a bit edgy.
This is true, but that being said, there are some invariable consistencies on this board:

1) Smyth needs to be bought-out/traded/retire
2) Yakupov keeps getting boned for ice time.
3) Dubnyk "sucks" with his top-10 save percentage.

Look at Luongo in his last year with FLA before being traded to a competent team in VAN:

2.97GAA with a 0.914 SV%.

He has a great SV% (top-10), and a high GAA (43rd).

Why? He's on a piss-poor team defensively. Same story for Dubnyk (top10SV%, 41st for GAA).

Hard to make that game-saving save every single time when the other team is getting 15 shots in the 3rd period on a night-in, night-out basis.

Think back to that rebound save on Marleau late in the 3rd...this game isn't even going to extra time if he doesn't make that.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
It's quite possible to be a die hard fan and keep a level head. It's really not out of the question.

Using a loss to go off the rails doesn't constitute one as a die hard fan.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puritania
Skooma Addict

Quote:
That's why it drives me nuts when the holier than thou posters chastise, and hand down life lessons from their pedestals towards anyone who vents, shows frustration, or vocies criticism towards the team.

Sure complaining is annoying, but the insufferable lecturers are 100 times more annoying.

Last edited by Puritania: 03-21-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old
03-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Nevertheless, any decent NHL goalie makes that stop. Plus the fact that it was the game tying goal in the 3rd period made it even more inexcusable. He HAS to make that stop. Watch again, he wasn't ready for the shot and thus, was late in reacting. Inexcusable especially at that moment of the game.
Really? Look at gagners goal. If dubnyk let's that gags slapper in everyone here would howl. The third goal was a fricken wrap around. This place would implode if that was dubnyk.

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post

Whitney is the real person to blame for this mess in the first place. Considering the fact that under a lead with insurance he flipped the momentum I have to assess him as the root cause of the PP opportunity to begin with. A simple clear by either Fistric or Smyth on the third goal was nothing more than a minor league lesson they somehow managed to find a way to leave their goalie hanging with. Dubie assured us a point after these collective errors. Making some excellent saves to preserve the tie.

What I'm really trying to say despite the Whitney comment which was directed at his penalty and experience, is that it was a collective failure tonight where for whatever reason we were giving space to Shark attackers instead of aggressively closing the gap. Really bothersome to see guys like Couture and Marleau teeing up shots late in good shooting areas untouched shortly after we just blew a two goal lead. Did Krueger pull the TO card tonight because I must've missed it.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:16 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
Did people not see the net cam of the third goal? It wasn't an impossible save or anything but it was far from a must save. The shot was a perfectly placed bomb of a shot that he got away in a hurry. If ebs or hall takes that shot everyone here is talking about what an amazing snipe it was.
Exactly. It was much better than a "semi-decent shot" it was a pure snipe.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

At least Yakupov is starting to look a lot better.

My only complaint about him is how he always loses his speed/momentum when he side-checks a defender. That is why he is always having to turn back.

I would also like to see him start shooting on the PP. It seems he only likes shooting when it's a one-timer, but his shot is good enough that he can just let it rip and it has a chance to go in.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CupofOil

Quote:
Really? Look at gagners goal. If dubnyk let's that gags slapped in everyone here would howl. The third goal was a fricken wrap around. This place would implode if that was dubnyk.
Niemi was brutal tonight too, no arguments from me. It still doesn't excuse Dubnyk giving up the Wingels goal which was a good shot but it wasn't exactly a Weber howlitzer, the 1st goal was really soft play by him also. Just no battle in him on that one although i put more of the blame on Gagner for that one. The Couture goal was understandable, he couldn't see the puck at all.
I'm usually not one to get on Dubnyk just for the hell of it. I feel that he needed to make those saves.

Old
Perfect_Drug

Oh that Devan Dubnyk.

Always gotta allow a momentum changing demoralizing goal at least once a game.

What a card I tell ya. What a card.

Perfect_Drug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:18 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Really? Look at gagners goal. If dubnyk let's that gags slapper in everyone here would howl. The third goal was a fricken wrap around. This place would implode if that was dubnyk.
Niemi probably should have been able to knock down the pass to Horcoff on his goal as well. Hmm all 6 goals scored tonight were bad goals lol.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:18 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
I'm not gonna point fingers at anyone in particular tonight. Nobody was as good as they needed to be tonight.
This! It was a team loss. People can try and blame Dubie all they want, but he wasn't the only one at fault

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote