Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Peterborough Petes 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 06:58 AM
SDRFAOBFH1

vCash: 500
Petes should draft a half decent goalie to start with.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:00 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRFAOBFH1 View Post
Petes should draft a half decent goalie to start with.
Might need one,but not in the 1st rd,no goalies I know of will go in the 1st

Old
02-27-2013, 09:49 AM
pipertim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Might need one,but not in the 1st rd,no goalies I know of will go in the 1st
The Petes will need to draft defensemen since they have four 1993 defensemen currently.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:40 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipertim View Post
The Petes will need to draft defensemen since they have four 1993 defensemen currently.
Double post.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:40 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipertim View Post
Draft is defence heavy and we hve 2 second round picks.. If Strome or Konency are available when we pick an we pass on them that will be a hugeee mistake.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:33 PM
mapleleaf979

Cornel played really well Friday Night. He had 2 assists and was a plus 2 last night, good energy on his shifts. He looked good playing with Ritchie, both were wingers. I think he will have a great year next year. He has size and plenty of speed. 6 points in his last 6 games. Starting to emerge a little bit.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:50 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Cornel played really well Friday Night. He had 2 assists and was a plus 2 last night, good energy on his shifts. He looked good playing with Ritchie, both were wingers. I think he will have a great year next year. He has size and plenty of speed. 6 points in his last 6 games. Starting to emerge a little bit.
It's taken a while but yea I agree Mapleleaf he has finally taken a step forward...

His skating stride needs a little work as it is a little bit all over the place sometimes... He needs to shoot the puck WAY more then he does. Learn to be a bit more selfish... Plus he needs to add a solid 10lbs of muscle in the summer. If he can do all this he will be a very good player next season!

Old
03-17-2013, 12:22 PM
WhalerBlue

Wake up petes fans! Last game of the year! Win and your in!

Old
03-18-2013, 06:41 AM
defensehockey19

Last edited by defensehockey19: 03-20-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old
03-20-2013, 05:59 PM
defensehockey19

OHLEYE, who do you see as the best Petes prospects to had a chance at cracking a roster spot next season? I Enjoy talking Petes with you!

Old
03-20-2013, 06:01 PM
OHLEYE

Shouldn't sign Caruso. I agree he's not bad, but nowhere near good enough to sign. I hope the Petes aren't in awe of the fact that he is being recruited. Most kids are.

Spencer, Craievich, Timpano would be nice. I think Craievich will be gone though.

Clarke was the player in the Koekkoek deal, so I doubt Oke will move him already. He does need to improve though.

I like your roster for the most part. Giugovaz should not be traded any time soon unless it's for an unbelievable return. if Dags isn't back or gets hurt, we'd look foolish in a year we should be contending. D'agostini will be gone after the season and I wouldn't go all in with Timpano in another contending season.

You didn't need to delete your post and yes I enjoy talking Petes with you. I'm sending something to your inbox.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:42 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLEYE View Post
Shouldn't sign Caruso. I agree he's not bad, but nowhere near good enough to sign. I hope the Petes aren't in awe of the fact that he is being recruited. Most kids are.

Spencer, Craievich, Timpano would be nice. I think Craievich will be gone though.

Clarke was the player in the Koekkoek deal, so I doubt Oke will move him already. He does need to improve though.

I like your roster for the most part. Giugovaz should not be traded any time soon unless it's for an unbelievable return. if Dags isn't back or gets hurt, we'd look foolish in a year we should be contending. D'agostini will be gone after the season and I wouldn't go all in with Timpano in another contending season.

You didn't need to delete your post and yes I enjoy talking Petes with you. I'm sending something to your inbox.
Not a fan of Clarke.. Takes nights off too much in my opinion. I'd like to see the Petes put onthe full court press to try and get some of their top prospects to report that are considered long shots... (Santini, Weis) etc. Never know..

I'd like to see them also o hard after Justin Kea from Saginaw. Think he would be a great fit with Ritch. Kea is a big body who is defensively responsible and can chip in here and there.

Also I responded to your PM.

Last edited by defensehockey19: 03-20-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old
03-21-2013, 12:28 AM
OHLEYE

I wasn't a fan of Clarke's play either, but I don't see him being traded. Sometimes it takes kids a little while to get adjusted to a new city. Look at Findlay.

I don't see why Saginaw would trade Kea, unless we give them a great return. They would likely want a veteran defenceman and good pick(s). Possibly a prospect at forward as well. If all depends on which of their veteran D return. If a couple do, they likely won't want D and won't trade Kea. He would be a good pickup and we need size.

Stefano has already been offered a contract so he has the best chance to make the team. Racine should be a lock as well. Robinson signed a contract but got hurt and never played. So he has a good chance.

Alvaro and Nigro are likely good enough to make the team, but probably won't. They may go NCAA anyways.

Robson and Johnson could use a year in tier 2, unless they look really good in camp again. Tierney and Burnett would be depth D on this team, so it's not bad if they play tier 2.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:39 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
I wasn't a fan of Clarke's play either, but I don't see him being traded. Sometimes it takes kids a little while to get adjusted to a new city. Look at Findlay.

I don't see why Saginaw would trade Kea, unless we give them a great return. They would likely want a veteran defenceman and good pick(s). Possibly a prospect at forward as well. If all depends on which of their veteran D return. If a couple do, they likely won't want D and won't trade Kea. He would be a good pickup and we need size.

Stefano has already been offered a contract so he has the best chance to make the team. Racine should be a lock as well. Robinson signed a contract but got hurt and never played. So he has a good chance.

Alvaro and Nigro are likely good enough to make the team, but probably won't. They may go NCAA anyways.

Robson and Johnson could use a year in tier 2, unless they look really good in camp again. Tierney and Burnett would be depth D on this team, so it's not bad if they play tier 2.
Not sure where but I heard Racine to NCAA is possible as well.

Since we have a million 2nds..Who would you target in the offseason?

If we can't draft a GOOD offensive defenceman I'd inquire about Jesse Graham also.

Last edited by defensehockey19: 03-21-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old
03-21-2013, 08:13 AM
hockeyonice

Quote:

If i was pick for the petes i wouldn't pick a goalie till the 5th round where they have 2 picks you will have a very decent goalie available then guys like fazio,mcniven,clark use your first four rounds on players there is a lot of top quality goalies out there this year. I then would also take a second goalie later on in the draft say after the tenth round and you'll still get a top end goalie guys like semaio,schoeman or mcglynn

Old
03-21-2013, 10:44 AM
defensehockey19

Day gets Status.

@OHLHockey: 15-year-old Sean Day granted "exceptional player" status by @HockeyCanada as announced by @OHFHockey today he is eligible for 2013 #OHLDraft

Old
03-25-2013, 10:39 AM
willy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
It's taken a while but yea I agree Mapleleaf he has finally taken a step forward...

His skating stride needs a little work as it is a little bit all over the place sometimes... He needs to shoot the puck WAY more then he does. Learn to be a bit more selfish... Plus he needs to add a solid 10lbs of muscle in the summer. If he can do all this he will be a very good player next season!
Not a good sign if the third overall pick is just finding his game in the last week of the season...did the Pete's scouts and GM make a huge mistake...hope none of them are still with the team

Old
03-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy29 View Post
Not a good sign if the third overall pick is just finding his game in the last week of the season...did the Pete's scouts and GM make a huge mistake...hope none of them are still with the team
Seems to me Ryan Strome also had a pretty medicore first year, notwithstanding the trade......he found his game as well the next season. Everyone develops at different speeds, it is not linear.

P.S. I am no way comparing Cornel to Stromer, just citing him as a recent example.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Seems to me Ryan Strome also had a pretty medicore first year, notwithstanding the trade......he found his game as well the next season. Everyone develops at different speeds, it is not linear.

P.S. I am no way comparing Cornel to Stromer, just citing him as a recent example.
Maybe the Petes will see how Dylan Strome develops in his first year as well?

Cornel will be a solid OHLer don't know about pro but he will put up points in the O.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:43 PM
OHLEYE

Cornel was on the 4th line for most of the year. Put up good totals at the end of the season when they bumped him up. Also looked good playing RW instead of Center, and they will possibly keep him on the wing next year. Cornel showed lots of promise and I think he'll do well next year.

I'll lose my mind if our 1st round pick(Strome or whoever) is on the 4th line again.

Petes94, you need to delete some of your inbox messages in order to receive new ones.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:48 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Cornel was on the 4th line for most of the year. Put up good totals at the end of the season when they bumped him up. Also looked good playing RW instead of Center, and they will possibly keep him on the wing next year. Cornel showed lots of promise and I think he'll do well next year.

I'll lose my mind if our 1st round pick(Strome or whoever) is on the 4th line again.

Petes94, you need to delete some of your inbox messages in order to receive new ones.
I agree about Cornel and think he will be top 9 possibly top 6 for the entire season. If we get Konecny he instantly passes Cornel on the depth chart IMO. Strome not so much right away.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:33 PM
defensehockey19

Dagger has signed a PTO with Milwaukee (AHL)

Old
04-03-2013, 10:30 AM
defensehockey19

@sunayas: Peterborough acquires a 3rd round pick in the 2013 #OHL draft from the Saginaw Spirit in exchange for a 3rd (North Bay) & 4th in 2014.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
@sunayas: Peterborough acquires a 3rd round pick in the 2013 #OHL draft from the Saginaw Spirit in exchange for a 3rd (North Bay) & 4th in 2014.
Not a bad deal. Saginaw has extra 2nd's this year so they could part with a 3rd to help get picks for 2014, which they were short on. Works for both teams I think.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:36 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Not a bad deal. Saginaw has extra 2nd's this year so they could part with a 3rd to help get picks for 2014, which they were short on. Works for both teams I think.
Yup, good trade. Petes have 4 picks in top 60 now!

Closed Thread