HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cruise Control Burns the Hawks

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 01:17 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
They'll keep Bolland since he's always ready for a good playoff run.
Not last year. Are injuries catching up to him? Does he not fit the team's style? Is playing against top D men now exposing him a bit as being overrated? Who knows. I heard no points in 14 games.....on Kane's line. What is he doing.....knitting a sweater while playing?!

Old
03-21-2013, 01:24 AM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
They had a bad minute in the third and were missing two of their most skilled and intelligent players.

They also weren't going through the motions. They were taking it to Anaheim outside of that bad minute.

But, people can continue to believe the Hawks went into a "shell" if they like.
Agree 100% The Hawks started slow and got on their heels after that early goal against, but they carried the play most of the 2nd and 3rd periods. Kane made a bad play on their first goal by bringing the puck back into the zone and then handcuffed Seabrook with the pass and boom they pounce and it's 0-1. Oduya gave Getzlaf too much room and Ryan pops in the rebound. A bad clear and line change and Selanne gets the deflection off Oduya's skate and it's 2-3. That's the way it goes.

Based on this game, I like the Hawks chances to beat the Ducks in a 7 game series, especially with both teams at full strength.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:25 AM
ndgt10

This game further substantiates the Ducks as the best team in league. A Ducks-Kings WCF is most likely going to happen. This Hawks team will struggle once the new season starts. Just way too soft of a team with not even a decent 2nd line C.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:29 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
This game further substantiates the Ducks as the best team in league. A Ducks-Kings WCF is most likely going to happen. This Hawks team will struggle once the new season starts. Just way too soft of a team with not even a decent 2nd line C.
Jesus Christ, take a step back. Further substantiates the Ducks as the best team in the league? 2 weeks ago you said they'd be ahead of the Hawks by now, on the night they got their second regulation loss. This loss hurts but it is one ****ing regular season game.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Taze em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
The Ducks aren't the best team in the league. We are ahead in the standings, are killing them in goal diff. Better GFPG better GAPG.

Bolligs flailing stick hits that puck after he kicks it and we are laughing at the Ducks for once thinking they were on our level.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:33 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

I've watched a lot of Ducks games, and they played tonight like it was a playoff game. This team is being out-shot overall and shooting 12% (.880 SV%) while getting great goaltending; they are a classic example of a serious fade team. But still a dangerous team in the playoffs.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:42 AM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taze em View Post
The Ducks aren't the best team in the league. We are ahead in the standings, are killing them in goal diff. Better GFPG better GAPG.

Bolligs flailing stick hits that puck after he kicks it and we are laughing at the Ducks for once thinking they were on our level.
Or, Kane puts in the rebound gimme from Saad's shot instead of dribbling it 6" wide of a wide open net. Or any one of about a half dozen quality chances gets cashed in. The scoreboard said the Duck were the better team tonight, but as a Hawk fan I feel very confident the Hawks are the better team and would win a 7 game series against them.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:42 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
- Dressing Carcillo so he can play for 2 minutes is pointless.

- Double shifting Kane to the point where he plays 25 minutes is ridiculous.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:53 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
- Dressing Carcillo so he can play for 2 minutes is pointless.

- Double shifting Kane to the point where he plays 25 minutes is ridiculous.
This was talked about earlier, no Hossa, no Sharp and 4 days rest between the next game is why Kaner was pulling double duty.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:59 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Also would have been nice if Crawdaddy could have made the big saves at the end there. Get into OT/SO we get a point maybe 2, I guess even all the players and us as fans just expect Kaner to weave his magic every night.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:28 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

whatever you want to say about the hawks, good or bad, at least we'll never have to deal with the humiliation of "quack quack" being the headline appearing over our team's victory on the nhl website.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:33 AM
JohnnyOduyasGirl27

Aww poor Johnny Oduya didn't have fun in 3rd period!

Old
03-21-2013, 02:34 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I have to give Kudos to the Ducks. Great game by them. Refs helped us out too and it was a kick by Bollig.

That's the next loss I blame Q for. Double shifting Kane all night long? That's not how you do it. If you don't have faith in Carcillo, dress Mayers and put Frolik next to Bolland and Kane with Jayes on the 1st line or Frolik on the 1st line. Doesn't really matter but use the players you have.

Oduya had a bad game, that happens. I'm starting to get disappointed by Bolland... not that he was any good so far this year but his D gets worse game after game. He was useless this game and invisible.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:58 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
Bolland maybe tradeable before the deadline. Seabrook has also been pretty infective much of the season.
Yes let's trade 2 of our best defensive players should turn out well in the long run.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:19 AM
sketch22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
That's the next loss I blame Q for. Double shifting Kane all night long?
I don't have a problem with Q double shifting Kane in that situation when Kane is playing well, but he was completely off tonight. The open net miss was a hard play to make for anybody, but Kane's passing was off the entire night as well. He was hitting guys in the skates (or completely missing) with his passes the entire net. When Q saw that he should have gone a different way.

I can't believe some of the Chicken Littles on this board though. Take a step back and breathe. The Hawks made mistakes and the Ducks made them pay. It happens. (Not at all directed at you Bubba, just a general statement)

Old
03-21-2013, 06:10 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

The MO to beat the hawks still remains; big, physical, highly skilled teams/ Fortunately for us there are very few such teams in the league.

You watch Duck players skate without fear behind our net because they know it almost has to be an accident for a hawk to even bump in to them...we actually try to avoid contact most of the time. I have to laugh at the "hist" night in and night out. Last night 37-22 ANA? Maybe in 2 hand touch but in the game I watched it was easily 3, maybe 4 to 1 Ducks.

All that said, the hawks can certainly play with them and any team in this league. We are built to win in a completely different manner than most teams which, in a night in night out basis drives everyone easl batty.

Get some rest boys, you deserve it!

Old
03-21-2013, 06:13 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Agree 100% The Hawks started slow and got on their heels after that early goal against, but they carried the play most of the 2nd and 3rd periods. Kane made a bad play on their first goal by bringing the puck back into the zone and then handcuffed Seabrook with the pass and boom they pounce and it's 0-1. Oduya gave Getzlaf too much room and Ryan pops in the rebound. A bad clear and line change and Selanne gets the deflection off Oduya's skate and it's 2-3. That's the way it goes.

Based on this game, I like the Hawks chances to beat the Ducks in a 7 game series, especially with both teams at full strength.
in that play by kane that led to the first goal i thought it looked like the pass was fine but seabrook just wasn't ready for a pass.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:28 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
I don't have a problem with Q double shifting Kane in that situation when Kane is playing well, but he was completely off tonight. The open net miss was a hard play to make for anybody, but Kane's passing was off the entire night as well. He was hitting guys in the skates (or completely missing) with his passes the entire net. When Q saw that he should have gone a different way.

I can't believe some of the Chicken Littles on this board though. Take a step back and breathe. The Hawks made mistakes and the Ducks made them pay. It happens. (Not at all directed at you Bubba, just a general statement)
not at all, but partly directed to me?

Kane wasn't as good because of Jayes not being a Top6 player as of now, Bolland playing the worst of his career and Kane playing every shift with different linemates. This had written "failed project" all over it from the beginning. Kane would have been more effectiv playing on his line and his line alone

Old
03-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeticDonut View Post
Hawks won the faceoffs, how is it possible they lost?!!
I think I saw Toews win one D draw in the 3rd period. Nobody else won a D draw in the 3rd unless I was dozing.

I think the one I saw him win was where Saad was absolutlety horridly lazy in not getting the puck out of the zone and then, 3-2.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyBollig View Post
Agreed. What a shill. Is he on the team payroll or does he just not have a clue.
He's a guy who never played and has no clue. Has a famous Uncle though.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
The MO to beat the hawks still remains; big, physical, highly skilled teams/ Fortunately for us there are very few such teams in the league.

You watch Duck players skate without fear behind our net because they know it almost has to be an accident for a hawk to even bump in to them...we actually try to avoid contact most of the time. I have to laugh at the "hist" night in and night out. Last night 37-22 ANA? Maybe in 2 hand touch but in the game I watched it was easily 3, maybe 4 to 1 Ducks.

All that said, the hawks can certainly play with them and any team in this league. We are built to win in a completely different manner than most teams which, in a night in night out basis drives everyone easl batty.

There were several chances for the Hawks to railroad guys and didn't. Somebody has to run somebody at some point, to slow down the (good) opponents swag.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:03 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post

Yup, this team still has trouble if the other team can consistently get the puck down behind the goal line (similar to what Phoenix did last year). Of course, the three teams that are the scariest in this regard are Anaheim/LA/Boston who are also the three biggest perceived roadblocks to get through this year.

On the flip side, unless the Hawks get really worn down over a seven game series, they still seem so much better than everyone 5 on 5 that barring some 2012-esque Crawford goaltending (or some 2013-esque faceoffs am I right?) its going to be extremely tough to win 4/7 against them.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Yes let's trade 2 of our best defensive players should turn out well in the long run.
Love to see some of that great Bolly defense before everyone forgets what it looks like.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:07 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post
Stupid title. If anything the hawks were playing too aggressively in the last 5. If Shaw had just gone for a change at the end of his shift instead of chasing the puck deep - and then having to change on the fly poorly - their 2nd goal rush would not have happened. And if Saad had simply chipped the puck instead of trying to make something happen, their 3rd goal wouldn't not have happened.

It wasn't Kane's night, -4 and missing an open net that his hands usually slam home. And the Hawks miss Hossa, Sharp and Bolland.

Okay admittedly, I have only seen the first 2 periods and missed most of the bad stuff, but I saw Kane play a very lazy game in the first two. Bolland wasn’t great and deserves some criticism but not all of it I keep reading here. It wasn’t Bolland that was the direct cause of the first Ducks goal. It wasn’t Carcillo either. Kane had the puck along the boards at our blue line; instead of chipping it out, he tried to get cute and bring it back into our end. It backfired, he lost possession and it led to a bad goal against. The rest of the first 2 periods Kane was playing like he had been reading his own press too much and like he was expecting it to come easy. Well it didn’t and it seldom does when the real hockey starts. Hey, every player has bad games but there is no excuse for him floating around like he was…. And Q always lets him off the hook, just like he does Keith too often.
Give Ducks credit. They played fast, solid hockey, playoff style. Especialli in the 1st period, Hawks didn’t have the same fortitude and it finally caught up to them in the 3rd. Someone mentioned that now the Ducks will get all the press about how great they are … and I agree that’s probably the best thing that came out of last nights game. And BTW, they are pretty good. The best team in the West (to date) as far as I’m concerned.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Chelios

Not a good game from Kane last night. One of those games that reminds me how frustrating he can be at times. The difference between Kane and Toews/Hossa is that even when Toews/Hossa are not playing particularly well, they are working their tales off. When Kane is not playing well he looks completely disinterested and not willing to pay the price.

Closed Thread