HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 01:38 AM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

vCash: 500
The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Please continue.

Part 1: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1380167

Old
03-21-2013, 01:42 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

It's to bad anaheim is not reportedly on his list, i feel like we could make a good offer and he would be amazing with Getzlaf and Perry

Old
03-21-2013, 01:47 AM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
It's to bad anaheim is not reportedly on his list, i feel like we could make a good offer and he would be amazing with Getzlaf and Perry
They cannot resign him so anything we give up would be a waste. I'll pass.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:56 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Anaheim is better off to use those assets to acquire Iginla for a 2C, if there is one available.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:58 AM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

Iginla would be perfect in Vancouver. I really want to see him play for the Canucks and would offer up quite a bit to see that happen. From a Flames' fan perspective what would it take to get it done? The only player that's untouchable is Kassian.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:10 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

From the Wings:

Jurco (Or Pulkinnen, your preference)
2014 1st
Roster player

Not sure who to move as a roster player. I'd be fine from Eaves with the previous list, but Flames may want someone younger or more talented.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Iginla would be perfect in Vancouver. I really want to see him play for the Canucks and would offer up quite a bit to see that happen. From a Flames' fan perspective what would it take to get it done? The only player that's untouchable is Kassian.
Jensen+1 st is what Flames fans are interested in.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:13 AM
stlflamesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
I am sorry but if the Canucks want Iginla...it will cost Kassian+++.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:15 AM
phamJET

What about the Jets, could they make a bid for Iginla? Iginla on the same line with kane would be a nice fit.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:26 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 2178
If I'm wanting Iginla, I'm specifically trying not to trade Kassian in a deal for him. One of the main reasons I want to bring in Iginla is for Kassian to be mentored by Iginla.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
If I'm wanting Iginla, I'm specifically trying not to trade Kassian in a deal for him. One of the main reasons I want to bring in Iginla is for Kassian to be mentored by Iginla.
The thing is, what are the odds he leaves in 2 months? Pretty damn high from my perspective. That's not much time of mentoring, and it doesn't do much of anything, unless we win the cup this season. And let's be honest, we may not even make the playoffs, nevermind compete for a cup.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Kinda curious if you'd be willing to do:

Hansen or Schroeder
Rodin
1st
2nd

Bit of overpayment for it being an in-division trade. Might be too much to swallow.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:36 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheeled Winger View Post

Hansen or Schroeder
Rodin
1st
2nd

Bit of overpayment for it being an in-division trade. Might be too much to swallow.
Schroeder instead of Hansen and I do that deal without thinking twice. Rodin just signed back in Sweden so I don't even know if we own his rights, if we do he still has little to no value.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:46 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Schroeder instead of Hansen and I do that deal without thinking twice. Rodin just signed back in Sweden so I don't even know if we own his rights, if we do he still has little to no value.
When did Rodin go back to Sweden? Last I checked he was busy battling injuries on the Wolves.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:49 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

I have to think the B's have a final say in where he goes if anywhere. Solid farm team, picks and they have cap flexibility to boot.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:51 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
I have to think the B's have a final say in where he goes if anywhere. Solid farm team, picks and they have cap flexibility to boot.
So do we.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:52 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
When did Rodin go back to Sweden? Last I checked he was busy battling injuries on the Wolves.
He signed a contract in Sweden for next season, I'd post the link but I'm on my mobile. Check the Canucks board in the Wolves Discussion page it's sticked.

Old
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
So do we.
Would the Pens be willing to give up Bennett as a starting point for a deal? or for that matter, Pouillot?

Old
LightningBurrows
ThreatLevelMidnight

Quote:

Hansen or Schroeder
Rodin
1st
2nd

I would do that. I would be reluctant to give up Hansen, would rather give up Schroeder.

Maybe I'm biased because Iginla is my favourite player and to have him on my favourite team would be amazing but, I think Calgary could get a better offer.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:55 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

Quote:
Would the Pens be willing to give up Bennett as a starting point for a deal?
We would be willing to trade almost any prospect that is not currently on the active roster. Bennett is on the roster and fills a top 6 spot for us that we needed to fill.

I'd probably do Morrow + Jeffrey + Conditional 2013 1st if a bidding war breaks out.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:56 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Are you suggesting that you think the Bruins will essentially be given the right to match any other offer?

Old
03-21-2013, 02:57 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Would the Pens be willing to give up Bennett as a starting point for a deal? or for that matter, Pouillot?
Nope.

Pouliot? Maybe, it depends on how much Shero values Iginla and if he thinks it would be worth it. What a fan wants is different from a GM wants, clearly. We'll see what the Pens end up getting.

People here thought Goligoski wasn't worth much and he got us Neal and Niskanen, same for Whitney and he got us Chris Kunitz. Shero usually gets his man, whomever he is, to fit in the Pens scheme of things for the playoffs.

If it's not Iginla, Shero has plans for other players. Remember, the Flames might be thinking about moving Iginla and Iginla gave them teams he might want to go to, now it's up to those teams to show if they really want him and see what Feaster's price is.

IF Feaster asks for way too much, he could scare off teams.

Would you give up Sven Baertschi in a package for 35yr old Iginla?

Old
03-21-2013, 03:02 AM
stlflamesfan

I could see Iginla going to the Bruins or Penguins before the Canucks. If Iginla is traded to the Canucks, it would have to be something much more unless for some odd reason Iginla wants to play with the Canucks. Since Canucks fans say Kassian is off the table, then it is hard for me as a Flames fan to accept a deal that is not significantly more than Maatta+Kennedy+1st to see Iginla in a Canuck jersey. Would you want to see one of the all time greatest Canuck players in a Flames jersey? If so, what would it cost for you to be able to live with that deal?

Old
03-21-2013, 03:03 AM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

Quote:
We would be willing to trade almost any prospect that is not currently on the active roster. Bennett is on the roster and fills a top 6 spot for us that we needed to fill.

I'd probably do Morrow + Jeffrey + Conditional 2013 1st if a bidding war breaks out.
I kind of feel like if Pittsburgh wants him, Iginla will be a Penguin. Iginla can play with the phenom and rekindle the Olympic experience. Pens have so many pieces to throw around, particularly young prospect dmen. Maata, Morrow, Pouillot, you could trade 2 or 3 of these guys (hypothetically), and still have great leftover d prospects to spare.

Old
03-21-2013, 03:05 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:

considering the rumored original offer from the Bruins is Peverly, Subban and a 1st, you would already be out of the running if that's as high as you would go

Closed Thread