HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calle Järnkrok

Old
03-20-2013, 10:25 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
1% chance for Brynäs
10% chance for Red Wings
89% chance for Grand Rapids
If he plays, would he lose one year of his ELC ?
Are you referring to playing for the Wings or Grand Rapids this season? Does it matter for his ELC which one it is? For example, could he see some time in Grand Rapids and not have it affect his ELC, but lose a year if he plays for Detroit at all?

Ugh, what are the rules for ELCs under the new CBA anyway?

EDIT -- According to the old CBA, it's 9 games played before the first year of the ELC is burned (I think that's how I read it). I guess the question becomes does the AHL count as well, and if so, how many games there?

Last edited by RedMenace: 03-20-2013 at 10:50 AM.
RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:54 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Are you referring to playing for the Wings or Grand Rapids this season? Does it matter for his ELC which one it is? For example, could he see some time in Grand Rapids and not have it affect his ELC, but lose a year if he plays for Detroit at all?

Ugh, what are the rules for ELCs under the new CBA anyway?

EDIT -- According to the old CBA, it's 9 games played before the first year of the ELC is burned (I think that's how I read it). I guess the question becomes does the AHL count as well, and if so, how many games there?
Calle is burning a year off of his ELC this year no matter what as it is his 21 year old season. He will have two years left starting next season regardless.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:01 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Calle is burning a year off of his ELC this year no matter what as it is his 21 year old season. He will have two years left starting next season regardless.
Ah, okay. Thanks for that.

So, regardless, it would behoove him -- and the Wings -- to play somewhere in North America for the rest of the year.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:07 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
Datsyuk won't be around forever.
Abdelkader, Andersson and Emmerton will never be top 6 centers (on a decent team). Maybe Sheahan will. MAYBE.
Datsyuk will be around next year, though. If we're talking about questions about Jarnkrok heading into next year, whether he can play center isn't really a pressing issue.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:13 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
What are the chances we see him suit up in Detroit after tonight's game? I don't think it's likely but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened either.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
What are the chances we see him suit up in Detroit after tonight's game? I don't think it's likely but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened either.
Are you too lazy to read back like 12 posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
According to Håkan Andersson, Järnkrok will go to detroit next friday, stay there for a week, watch a few games, meet the guys, maybe practice, but he won't play he says

It also says there's a chance, albeit small, that Järnkrok can stay in Brynäs next year if Detroit thinks he's not ready for the NHL after the summer training camp for prospects

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle16453781.ab

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:19 PM
lightthelamp13

as they're already using up a year of his entry level deal, i'd really like them to use a roster spot on him right now. doesn't have to play, but while he's here you may as well let him practice with the team. see what you have right now. give him a taste of what it's like....even if it's practice. even better....give him one freaking game like they did with Sheahan last year. give him a bit of a headstart.

lightthelamp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightthelamp13 View Post
as they're already using up a year of his entry level deal
Nope

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:24 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Is this the next great hope after Nyquist? I hope he doesn't turn out to be a dud when he eventually gets playing time here.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:31 PM
RedWinger10

Put a red jersey on him now

RedWinger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:35 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
Is this the next great hope after Nyquist? I hope he doesn't turn out to be a dud when he eventually gets playing time here.
I thought Nyquist played well tonight, he played his best game of the year tonight. He seemed to be more engaged on the physical side of the puck and didn't really shy away from it.

I wouldn't say the next great hope it's just I'd like to see something really shake the team up as we know a trade won't be coming so it will have to be something like sitting a veteran in favor of a rookie, whether it's Tatar, Jarnkrok, Sheahan or someone else I don't care. And I just really want to see him play, I've only seen clips of him so it's a bit of a selfish request on my part.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:40 PM
lightthelamp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Nope
meh, i'm happy with that then lol

thanks.

lightthelamp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:13 AM
gretskidoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
Nyquist is for sure a bust.

gretskidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:20 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Nope
I'm pretty sure they're using a year. He signed when he was 20.

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-does-...ract-slide.php

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretskidoo View Post
Nyquist is for sure a bust.
Yea, those 3 or 4 games he played for us really showed his skill. He didnt magically grow 3 or 4 inches so he's done.

I wish we could just trade or waive Cleary, Eaves and Miller. Then bring in Nyquist, Tatar and Jarnkrok. Or Keep Miller and move Emmerton if we are going to prefer Andersson over him at 4th line Center.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Peter Tosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
I wish we could just trade or waive Cleary, Eaves and Miller. Then bring in Nyquist, Tatar and Jarnkrok. Or Keep Miller and move Emmerton if we are going to prefer Andersson over him at 4th line Center.
Amen to that. I'd rather see three scoring lines than three grinding lines, and if Babcock can't coach Red Wings style hockey, we should get a coach who can.

Peter Tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:40 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Tosh View Post
Amen to that. I'd rather see three scoring lines than three grinding lines, and if Babcock can't coach Red Wings style hockey, we should get a coach who can.
Except we no longer have the personal to play "Red Wings" hockey. Due to parity and just losing players without getting adequate replacements we can no longer play all out possession style, it's much more of a hybrid style, mixing in pieces of dump & chase, grinding it out, traps & neutral zone transitions.

The Red Wings style of old had one of the best, if not the best, puck moving/PP QB/Dman in the league for a stretch of 10-12 years. We then surrounded him with other dman who had no problem moving the puck and getting a quick transition game going.

The best way to get back to the style would be trading for Brian Campbell, Keith Yandle or someone of that elk. Personally I would trade for Campbell as he would take less to get and is the best transitional dman in the game.

Last edited by DatsyukToZetterberg: 03-21-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old
03-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Except we no longer have the personal to play "Red Wings" hockey. Due to parity and just losing players without getting adequate replacements we can no longer play all out possession style, it's much more of a hybrid style, mixing in pieces of dump & chase, grinding it out, traps & neutral zone transitions.

In order to play the Red Wings style of old we had one of the best, if not the best, puck moving/PP QB/Dman in the league for a stretch of 10-12 years. We then surronded him with other dman who had no problem moving the puck and getting a quick transition game going.

The best way to get back to the style would be trading for Brian Campbell, Keith Yandle or someone of that elk. Personally I would trade for Campbell as he would take less to get and is the best transitional dman in the game.
Done!

Old
03-22-2013, 12:30 AM
RedWinger10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
Yea, those 3 or 4 games he played for us really showed his skill. He didnt magically grow 3 or 4 inches so he's done.

Agree with this ENTIRELY. And Nyquist isn't a bust! He just needs a REAL shot with a team not one game this month, two next month and one again the next, a real stint!

RedWinger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWinger10 View Post
Agree with this ENTIRELY. And Nyquist isn't a bust! He just needs a REAL shot with a team not one game this month, two next month and one again the next, a real stint!
The thing is we would also be a better team because those players have more skill than who we would be letting go. It's not like we would be moving really solid good players to play young inexperienced guys.

Last edited by Hendricks433: 03-22-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old
03-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

But Danny's been playing real gud, and his size is invaluable. He's Homer's replacement, dontcha know?

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
So he will be landing in Detroit today?

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:41 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
But Danny's been playing real gud, and his size is invaluable. He's Homer's replacement, dontcha know?
Seriously, if they could groom Andersson to take his spot, that would be amazing.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:43 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
So he will be landing in Detroit today?
It's next friday, March 29th, when detroit plays two homegames on the weekend.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:25 AM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Seriously, if they could groom Andersson to take his spot, that would be amazing.
If you could teach players to do what Homer did the league would be full of Homer-copies. Not many people have the will to battle in front of the net night in and night out. There was a special set of rules just for him - defenseman got away with more and he got away with less. He should be in the HHOF for amount of goals called back and indirect assists.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote