HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

All Prospect Talk

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 03:17 PM
WarriorofTime

vCash: 500
Jimmy Hayes is slow as _____. His size is nice and all but I wonder if he's going to have a tough time fitting onto our team. He is noticeably a step behind every time he's on the ice.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:16 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Jimmy Hayes is not a bad skater, nor is he slow.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Jimmy Hayes is slow as _____. His size is nice and all but I wonder if he's going to have a tough time fitting onto our team. He is noticeably a step behind every time he's on the ice.
_____ = an average horse in a horse race?

Old
03-19-2013, 06:43 PM
WarriorofTime

I guess I'm watching something different than you guys. He looks noticeably slower than the rest of the Hawk skaters in my opinion.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Hawkaholic

Guys who are 6'6 tend to look like they are skating slower, but his speed is avg or a hair below avg.

Maybe Brunette can make a comeback to show you what slow really is.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:00 PM
madgoat33

or slowpel

Old
03-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

he really does look slower, thats because he is 6'6. His skating is average at best tough.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Jokerit beat Lukko 3-0 in game one of the SM-liiga quarterfinals, Teräväinen scored the second goal. Highlights:

Old
03-20-2013, 08:17 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Teravainen has such soft hands and a really nice, quick release.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
Rolling puck and he still didn't hesitate.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:38 AM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Teravainen has such soft hands and a really nice, quick release.
I think Teuvo is going to end up being so very important for our team. I honestly feel that after he's given enough time to develop he's going to be such a difference maker for us.

the one thing i keep on wondering about (and i'll have to post this on the prospects board) - is whether he's going to be in a position to ever play a top 6 C role for us...or whether he's going to end up at wing.

...the other question i have...is if he's looking like a wing in Finland - would he be able to make a move to C in the NHL?

Old
03-21-2013, 01:19 AM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I think Teuvo is going to end up being so very important for our team. I honestly feel that after he's given enough time to develop he's going to be such a difference maker for us.

the one thing i keep on wondering about (and i'll have to post this on the prospects board) - is whether he's going to be in a position to ever play a top 6 C role for us...or whether he's going to end up at wing.

...the other question i have...is if he's looking like a wing in Finland - would he be able to make a move to C in the NHL?
He's played LW the whole year for Jokerit. Hopefully he still has a growth spurt left and he goes from 5'10" 170lbs to 6'0" 190lbs, else he probably won't be big enough the play center at the NHL level. He won't turn 19 until September, so he's still very young and a growth spurt is still possible.

But either way, as a center or wing, I look forward to seeing him playing for the Hawks in a couple years.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

that goal shows again that he will make it in the NHL and that about 10 GMs made the wrong call for not taking him while he was there. Teuvo will be a great Top 6 Winger soon

Teuvo shouldn't be seen as Center. He's a Winger and his strenghts can be used better as Winger than as Center. I doubt his D is good enough to play Center in the NHL, too.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:36 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
He's played LW the whole year for Jokerit. Hopefully he still has a growth spurt left and he goes from 5'10" 170lbs to 6'0" 190lbs, else he probably won't be big enough the play center at the NHL level. He won't turn 19 until September, so he's still very young and a growth spurt is still possible.

But either way, as a center or wing, I look forward to seeing him playing for the Hawks in a couple years.
More right wing than left. But both wings more than center. If he or Jokerit see him as a center in the future, next pre-season is better to work at it because he'll get a normal off-season for training and will better prepared both physically and mentally. Even if he sticks to winger (plays both left and right) at worst you'll get Pat Kane-lite/copy from him.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Does he play LW as well as he does RW?

Always nice to have a guy who can play both sides well

Old
03-21-2013, 12:02 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
More right wing than left. But both wings more than center. If he or Jokerit see him as a center in the future, next pre-season is better to work at it because he'll get a normal off-season for training and will better prepared both physically and mentally. Even if he sticks to winger (plays both left and right) at worst you'll get Pat Kane-lite/copy from him.
Thanks for the eyewitness account. Even better that he's played both wings. I like wingers to be on their off hand so I think RW is probably his best position (if my memory is correct that he is a left hand shot). But with Kane and Hossa locking up the 1RW and 2RW spots - it's nice that TT can play LW.

Ideally, someone will come to their senses and move Sharp back into the 2C spot and then when TT makes the team the top-6 will be:

Saad-Toews-Hossa
TT-Sharp-Kane

Old
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post

I'm pretty sure he's 5'11" now, not sure about the weight though. Looked about 175ish during the WJC.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Thanks for the update.....and please keep them coming!

I do like his versatility. Ad his touch is something you cannot teach. I was wondering the thoughts on his skating ability? Good.....bad.....decent?

Old
03-21-2013, 07:56 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Thanks for the update.....and please keep them coming!

I do like his versatility. Ad his touch is something you cannot teach. I was wondering the thoughts on his skating ability? Good.....bad.....decent?
He's a very good skater. He's not Stalberg fast, but he's got good speed, good acceleration and he's very agile; uses his edges very welll.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
He's a very good skater. He's not Stalberg fast, but he's got good speed, good acceleration and he's very agile; uses his edges very welll.
Thanks Hoss. Just wondering if there was a glaring weakness other than his size. Which is not that big a deal from a W perspective. You need quick forwards and they all cannot be 6'6" behemoths that cannot skate. Vancouver will learn this soon enough as they are only focused on size and just a little on ability. You cannot teach size but you also cannot teach hockey sense and soft hands....and good skating to an extent.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:55 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Thanks Hoss. Just wondering if there was a glaring weakness other than his size. Which is not that big a deal from a W perspective. You need quick forwards and they all cannot be 6'6" behemoths that cannot skate. Vancouver will learn this soon enough as they are only focused on size and just a little on ability. You cannot teach size but you also cannot teach hockey sense and soft hands....and good skating to an extent.
His flaws are his size, which isn't that bad - as you pointed out - and his lack of a phsyical game. He doesn't get involved much along the boards, by the sounds of it, and isn't very successful when he does. But, he's 18 and playing against men. He'll get stronger and more confident in his physical ability as he gets older.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:45 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

any news about McNeill or Danault?

Old
03-22-2013, 05:19 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
any news about McNeill or Danault?
Both of their season's have ended (regular season) and I believe both start their post-season games tonight (I know Moncton does for sure).

Moncton should have no problem advancing past Victoriaville, unless Whintey stands on his head and steals the series. Prince Albert should be able to advance, at least, past Red Deer.

If the playoffs go as "planned", I'd expect PA to be knocked out in round 2 and I'd expect Moncton to be knocked out by Halifax at some point.. but they could go all the way IMO, though I wouldn't put the chances very high.

So, McNeill should be in Rockford in 2-3 weeks and Danault might not play for Rockford unless the Hogs make the playoffs.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:26 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Know how I said Whitney would have to stand on his head for Victoriaville to have a chance/win?

37-save shutout tonight as Moncton drops the 1st game of the series, 3-0. Moncton outshot Victoriaville 37-20-something(4/5).

Old
03-22-2013, 07:33 PM
RomersWorld

Brandon Whitney...wow, 37 save shutout. Unfortunately that also means no points for Danault.

Imagine how pissed Danault would be if he lost to his former team.

Alex Broadhurst 1 goal, 1 assist in the 1st period of the London/Saginaw playoff game.

Dillon Fournier with a primary assist so far in Rouyn-Noranda's game.

Closed Thread