HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 04:06 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
He signed a contract in Sweden for next season, I'd post the link but I'm on my mobile. Check the Canucks board in the Wolves Discussion page it's sticked.
Interesting. Thanks, will take your word on it and not derail this further.

In relation to the thread, might need to swap out Rodin for a different prospect. Connauton?

Old
03-21-2013, 04:07 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheeled Winger View Post
Kinda curious if you'd be willing to do:

Hansen or Schroeder
Rodin
1st
2nd

Bit of overpayment for it being an in-division trade. Might be too much to swallow.
As a Calgary fan I would consider it if it were Schroeder, Connauton, a 1st and a 2nd

Old
03-21-2013, 04:09 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
We would be willing to trade almost any prospect that is not currently on the active roster. Bennett is on the roster and fills a top 6 spot for us that we needed to fill.

I'd probably do Morrow + Jeffrey + Conditional 2013 1st if a bidding war breaks out.
So what you are really saying is given the current conditions, Pens are considering Bennett a roster player and have taken him off the table? Sounds like a good way to skirt the issue. However I'll play along even though we've avoided the point.

I'd have to think as a Flames fan that he would be consider him one of the key parts of a deal. We all don't want to give up our best prospect. Bennett I think most consider still a prospect. Van doesn't want to give up Kassian and Boston doesn't want to give up Spooner or Khohklachev.

From the B's, anyone of our prospects is available as part of the deal and before anyone wants to make a stipulation about it, no Dougie is not a prospect. He's played every game for the Bruins thus far while being a top four DMan and playing consistently on the PP.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:11 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
As a Calgary fan I would consider it if it were Schroeder, Connauton, a 1st and a 2nd
From an outsider's perspective, I can live with that. Iginla to Vancouver is a tough trade to do so I feel it should be a tough trade for the Nucks as well.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:13 AM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlflamesfan View Post
I could see Iginla going to the Bruins or Penguins before the Canucks. If Iginla is traded to the Canucks, it would have to be something much more unless for some odd reason Iginla wants to play with the Canucks. Since Canucks fans say Kassian is off the table, then it is hard for me as a Flames fan to accept a deal that is not significantly more than Maatta+Kennedy+1st to see Iginla in a Canuck jersey. Would you want to see one of the all time greatest Canuck players in a Flames jersey? If so, what would it cost for you to be able to live with that deal?
Actually a good question. I was just thinking that if Naslund were to get traded to the Flames in say 2007/08.. I would have wanted... Iginla?

Old
03-21-2013, 04:13 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
So what you are really saying is given the current conditions, Pens are considering Bennett a roster player and have taken him off the table? Sounds like a good way to skirt the issue. However I'll play along even though we've avoided the point.

I'd have to think as a Flames fan that he would be consider him one of the key parts of a deal. We all don't want to give up our best prospect. Bennett I think most consider still a prospect. Van doesn't want to give up Kassian and Boston doesn't want to give up Spooner or Khohklachev.

From the B's, anyone of our prospects is available as part of the deal and before anyone wants to make a stipulation about it, no Dougie is not a prospect. He's played every game for the Bruins thus far while being a top four DMan and playing consistently on the PP.
Morrow is actually considered a top 25 prospect and is ranked higher than Bennett in almost every prospect ranking out there. In my opinion it is between Morrow, Despres, and Pouliot on who our best prospect is. The biggest reason why we want to keep Bennett is because he is the only good offensive prospect we have. Even though Morrow, Pouliot, or even Maatta may be the better player, we can deal them and not create a huge hole in our prospect pool.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:14 AM
keslerburrows

Quote:
I would do this as long as Gillis has a deal in place for a 3rd line C... A la Grabovski for Luongo.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:16 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
I would do this as long as Gillis has a deal in place for a 3rd line C... A la Grabovski for Luongo.
I made a Flames fan and a Nucks fan agree... WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

Here it is folks. Our doom approaches:

Old
03-21-2013, 04:21 AM
Dangles78

Quote:

Um? Bennett has played 16/31 games this year, and that's only because:

1. He had a minor tweak injury in the A
2. The Pens were experimenting with every option they had before bringing him up since they didn't want to rush him (Tangradi, Jeffrey, Boychuk, etc.)

Bennett has played like a top-6 winger in all 3 zones of the ice and sees consistent PP time on the 2nd unit. So using your DH criteria; Bennett can be viewed as no longer a prospect by Pens fans.

He's not on the table. Period.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:25 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
Um? Bennett has played 16/31 games this year, and that's only because:

1. He had a minor tweak injury in the A
2. The Pens were experimenting with every option they had before bringing him up since they didn't want to rush him (Tangradi, Jeffrey, Boychuk, etc.)

Bennett has played like a top-6 winger in all 3 zones of the ice and sees consistent PP time on the 2nd unit. So using your DH criteria; Bennett can be viewed as no longer a prospect by Pens fans.

He's not on the table. Period.
And for that matter, I think Pittsburgh just played themselves out of the race for Iggy in this hypothetical situation. Pouillot would have to be included at that point and even then, the B's have the Pens beat. Kennedy, Pouillot and a first would be the level it would need to get to

All of the packages offered coming from Boston are better. A bottom six roster player, no matter who, Krug, Spooner and Subban have all been of noted interest and a first.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:36 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Actually a good question. I was just thinking that if Naslund were to get traded to the Flames in say 2007/08.. I would have wanted... Iginla?
Really? I just wanted 2007/2008 Naslund off the team.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:03 AM
WarriorScholar

Quote:
And for that matter, I think Pittsburgh just played themselves out of the race for Iggy in this hypothetical situation. Pouillot would have to be included at that point and even then, the B's have the Pens beat. Kennedy, Pouillot and a first would be the level it would need to get to

All of the packages offered coming from Boston are better. A bottom six roster player, no matter who, Krug, Spooner and Subban have all been of noted interest and a first.
Well I might as well not even pay attention to,the Iginla rumors. I guess the pens are out of the running. Fun while it lasted.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:36 AM
Sour Shoes
lol u mad cam?

if it's bennett or bust, i believe shero would (and should) remove himself from the sweepstakes. in just about any other system bennett would be on the table. our cupboard is that bare...

Old
03-21-2013, 05:44 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour Shoes View Post
if it's bennett or bust, i believe shero would (and should) remove himself from the sweepstakes. in just about any other system bennett would be on the table. our cupboard is that bare...
Bennett not being available shouldn't matter that much. Pens still have lots of quality prospects to offer. There's any number of D-Men in the Pens pipeline that have as much or more upside than Bennett has as a forward.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:24 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Absolutely no interest in any package built around Jordan Schroeder. He may be a Center, but aside from that he is everything we already have in spades. No thanks.

Any package coming from Vancouver must start with either Jensen, or Gaunce. Ideally if you are trading him to a division rival you ask for both. I also have very little interest in Connauton as the only NHL caliber trait he possesses is his shot (imo of course).

I would honesty lose my mind if that trade went down.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:34 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Absolutely no interest in any package built around Jordan Schroeder. He may be a Center, but aside from that he is everything we already have in spades. No thanks.

Any package coming from Vancouver must start with either Jensen, or Gaunce. Ideally if you are trading him to a division rival you ask for both. I also have very little interest in Connauton as the only NHL caliber trait he possesses is his shot (imo of course).

I would honesty lose my mind if that trade went down.
I would rather trade Gaunce than Schroeder anyway. I'm still not sure if I would want to trade a good futures package for a guy like Iginla, as there are too many unknown factors from the random fan's perspective, but if I did it would be Gaunce + 1st and little else.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:40 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:

Fortunately the Pens aren't negotiating with you. Bennett's a 21 year old rookie on an ELC who's produced at a .5 PPG with a great all-around game in spite of little quality TOI and a not-back-to-100% wrist. Young players like that are never dealt for an impending UFA - there's absolutely no precedent for it, and no other team in the running is parting with a prospect with that auspicious a beginning.

Further, prospects like Morrow and Pouliot are generally ranked higher than any of the aforementioned Bruins prospects in independent rankings, so any notion of being automatically "outbid" here is purely subjective on your part.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:16 AM
DoktorZaius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Further, prospects like Morrow and Pouliot are generally ranked higher than any of the aforementioned Bruins prospects in independent rankings, so any notion of being automatically "outbid" here is purely subjective on your part.
Not to mention that the Flames were supposedly hoping to snag Pouliot on draft day. If true, they obviously value him highly and one would suspect they'd love to snag him via trade at this point.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
He's got a righty shot, and if you trade Iggy, the only forward worth a crap on the Flames with a righty shot is Stempniak

Old
03-21-2013, 07:21 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
I have to think the B's have a final say in where he goes if anywhere. Solid farm team, picks and they have cap flexibility to boot.
As far as assets from the farm, Boston isn't that strong. It depends on what Calgary wants ... if it wants forwards - you have three names. If Calgary wants D prospects, Pittsburgh has six.

Iggy will have the final say, not Boston. Pittsburgh has just as much as Boston to offer - same thing.

Again, I hope Shero uses his assets in other areas though.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 03-21-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old
03-21-2013, 07:22 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorZaius View Post
Not to mention that the Flames were supposedly hoping to snag Pouliot on draft day. If true, they obviously value him highly and one would suspect they'd love to snag him via trade at this point.
Pouliot + Kennedy, no picks or a mid-late pick? If the Flames are that high on him, and the Pens are that reluctant to give him up, gotta think that Pouliot + Kennedy + no or lesser pick = 1st + Kennedy + one of the other prospects

Last edited by Mantha Poodoo: 03-21-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old
03-21-2013, 07:36 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Would the Pens be willing to give up Bennett as a starting point for a deal? or for that matter, Pouillot?
Bennett is our top forward prospect; he is already skating as a top six forward and he shouldn't be going for a rental. Are you sending Dougie Hamilton?

Old
03-21-2013, 07:39 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:

Again, I hope Boston purges its farm system even more to pick him up. All the packages offered by Boston on a freakin internet message board are better, so does that mean Iggy is off to Boston?

Old
03-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Shwag33

Quote:

You cant say hamilton is not a prospect and bennett is. Bennett was hurt at the beginning of the season, then played a few games in the ahl before being called up.

If bennett wasn't hurt, good chance he plays nearly all the pens games. He's on the roster and not going away....

Old
03-21-2013, 08:01 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by czwalga View Post
You cant say hamilton is not a prospect and bennett is. Bennett was hurt at the beginning of the season, then played a few games in the ahl before being called up.

If bennett wasn't hurt, good chance he plays nearly all the pens games. He's on the roster and not going away....
exactly

Closed Thread