HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JT Miller

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 10:32 AM
dethomas07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
So, the problem with Miller is his physical attributes? That's really, really off base. The kid doesn't skate as fast as CK but he hits harder, is better on his skates and is better handling the puck. It's his decision making that has gotten him into trouble with Torts. You know, thinking before you type is allowed.
seriously... so true!!

CK will be back no worries, kids got a bright future here on broadway.. Miller just does all the little things right.. backchecks, plays defensive game, and very physical.. makes mistakes, but he somewhat back tracks and works his ass off to fix them.. also he has a short memory he makes a mistake, knows he messes up but goes back out there thinking its a clean sheet.. i love his game, hes not a liability out there (plays under 5mins left sometimes later) but as long as your defensive sound.. offense will come.. comes with time..

Old
03-20-2013, 10:56 AM
ecemleafs

playing with pyatt and boyle wont see miller put up points. they can grind but unless miller scores an individual goal the other 2 players just wont produce goals for the line. boyle has tunnel vision with the puck that is actually stunning. pyatt cant shoot and is very slow. miller is already one of our best players at retrieving the puck in the dzone and getting it out without just flipping it high off the boards and back to the other team.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:16 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
All we need is a legit third line player to play with Miller, who can score goals.y

Old
03-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Miller looks really unstable on his skates. It's like he doesn't know the right way to balance at times. He falls a lot. I think he needs some balance work.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:53 AM
haveandare

I agree with a lot of people in here - he makes mistakes, but he's good enough most of the time that it's easy to see past them. He is insanely cool and level-headed, and for a 19 year old he's pretty physical. I'd love to see him get at least one linemate that he can play off of and actually make offense with - hopefully that'll be CK when he comes back up.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:12 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Miller has an accrued season. Its 23 games on the active roster for the 48 game season.

Quote:
In full NHL season, 40 GP counts as "year's service" toward 7 req'd for UFA status. In lockout shortened season, it's 23. Grigs played 22.
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...71934388084738

Quote:
2/3: Thus Grigorenko & Matteau while not playing 23 games were on team's roster for 23 games & gain 1 accrued season for purposes of UFA.
https://twitter.com/CraigJButton/sta...16057132351489

Old
03-21-2013, 06:34 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
Miller looks really unstable on his skates. It's like he doesn't know the right way to balance at times. He falls a lot. I think he needs some balance work.
Seems to be one hell of a lot of guys in the league lately in the same boat. I'm starting to wonder if there's something going on with a new skate type or new skate rocker that's messing up their balance.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:01 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Seems to be one hell of a lot of guys in the league lately in the same boat. I'm starting to wonder if there's something going on with a new skate type or new skate rocker that's messing up their balance.
I think its the speed in the big league really.

You just need to execute things so fast in the NHL that the body don't follow always.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:52 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Miller has an accrued season. Its 23 games on the active roster for the 48 game season.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...71934388084738

https://twitter.com/CraigJButton/sta...16057132351489
What a waste. He's made very little difference. We would have been having a disappointing season with or without him. Could have just let him keep getting big minutes in Hartford and not have wasted a season of his ELC.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
What a waste. He's made very little difference. We would have been having a disappointing season with or without him. Could have just let him keep getting big minutes in Hartford and not have wasted a season of his ELC.
Seconded.

Would have made a bit more sense to keep Kreider up and deal with his growing pains - not much though. In truth, they should've both been down in Hartford.

I have more thoughts on why this happened, but I wont be bashing Sather today.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Green Blob*

I think Miller has played very well for a 19 year old, he's been our best bottom 6 player for a month (though I guess that doesn't say much considering his competition) Can't really expect him to get any points while playing with the offensive black hole known as Boyle.

He skates well enough for the NHL level, has and uses his size well at this level, good playmaker and the #1 thing in my books his how much confidence he has to pull of moves or to try to be creative. He doesn't just dump the puck in every time and chase,or when in the offensive zone he doesnt just wrap the puck around the boards. He looks for plays and tries to create his own.

Wasn't a huge fan when we drafted him, but he shows a lot of potential and that i'm very excited about, in 2-3 years he will be a very good 2nd liner for the team.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:51 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Miller can become a group III at 26 instead of 27.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:16 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Maybe. Maybe this year is a good intro to the NHL for him, and a good opportunity to get used to the defensive game without pressure to produce offensively just yet. He doesn't look out of place game to game, he's just not putting up points, perhaps in large part due to his line mates. Maybe next year, he'll already be comfortable with NHL defense and be able to try to break out and score some points. Wishful thinking? Probably, but I'm not sure him being up is a total waste.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:19 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
I think Miller has played very well for a 19 year old, he's been our best bottom 6 player for a month (though I guess that doesn't say much considering his competition) Can't really expect him to get any points while playing with the offensive black hole known as Boyle.

He skates well enough for the NHL level, has and uses his size well at this level, good playmaker and the #1 thing in my books his how much confidence he has to pull of moves or to try to be creative. He doesn't just dump the puck in every time and chase,or when in the offensive zone he doesnt just wrap the puck around the boards. He looks for plays and tries to create his own.

Wasn't a huge fan when we drafted him, but he shows a lot of potential and that i'm very excited about, in 2-3 years he will be a very good 2nd liner for the team.
Agreed. I'm not seeing the reason for complaint. I was not in favor when he was brought up, but what I see is a player that belongs in the NHL. He is taking it to the opposition more often than not. He showed good offensive creativity when positioned at center - and when placed at wing he's done his best, but his linemates are dragging him down more than the other way around.

I sincerely hope they put him back at center with Krieder on the left for tonight's game. Boyle's been somewhat better over the last couple of games, but the third line has still been nowhere near as effective as it was when it was CK-Miller-Callahan. (And while, yes, that line benefited from Cally's presence, as I recall it was also when he started to finally play well so some of that benefit was reciprocal.)

Old
03-21-2013, 12:45 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Agreed. Bad decision to keep him up. Hopefully playing less in the NHL teaches him more than playing more in the AHL and he comes back next year and is actually ready to make some kind of impact.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Zamboner
Your move, creep.

I guess I'm the only one that wanted JT and Kreider both up.

I just think they'll both learn more here, even in limited play. By limited play, I mean the type of minutes Miller is getting. I don't mind his growing pains. Just wish Kreider was allotted the same leeway.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:19 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner View Post
I guess I'm the only one that wanted JT and Kreider both up.

I just think they'll both learn more here, even in limited play. By limited play, I mean the type of minutes Miller is getting. I don't mind his growing pains. Just wish Kreider was allotted the same leeway.
Very Good Point. Miller and Kreider played pretty good together. The thing that screwed Kreider up IMO was the fact taht after he started to find his groove he was benched for Torts boy Boyle

Old
03-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Miller collided with Hank when he was stretching.

"@AGrossRecord: Taylor Pyatt has switched to gray practice jersey to skate with Boyle and Kreider in Miller's spot. Guess Miller isn't returning to practice"

Old
03-23-2013, 10:52 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

It's like a cruel sick joke

Old
03-29-2013, 02:26 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Miller needs to be in connecticut. He's going to be a very good player, but he's a turnover machine right now and just not cutting it at this level.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:17 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Miller needs to be in connecticut. He's going to be a very good player, but he's a turnover machine right now and just not cutting it at this level.
yea I think they should bring a rental in and send Miller down, its not going to hurt the kid to play more games in the minors. He obviously has a good future in NY

Old
03-29-2013, 06:26 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Yep, Miller needs to go down. Great that we burned a year of service time on him.

It's just pain.
Old
03-29-2013, 06:41 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 0
Awww, don't worry about the turnovers that much. My god, if you all had read what some people on the Sens board have been screaming about Jason Spezza for the last 8 years, you'd think he was the worst player in the NHL. Turnovers are going to happen with any player that has a lot of puck time.

The important thing is, the kid is always moving his feet and hustling out there. If he makes a turnover, he's busting his butt trying to get that puck back. I have a feeling his offensive side will start come through next season.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:05 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Awww, don't worry about the turnovers that much. My god, if you all had read what some people on the Sens board have been screaming about Jason Spezza for the last 8 years, you'd think he was the worst player in the NHL. Turnovers are going to happen with any player that has a lot of puck time.

The important thing is, the kid is always moving his feet and hustling out there. If he makes a turnover, he's busting his butt trying to get that puck back. I have a feeling his offensive side will start come through next season.
I don't think anyone is saying he's not a good player or won't become one. I just happen to think he's not yet ready for NHL minutes, and his game would be better served developing in Hartford. His offense was just beginning to come around down there. Good, he's gotten his feet wet in the NHL, now he knows what he needs to work on. Send him back down to CT to put it together.

Nothing good will come from him struggling along on a ****** NHL team.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Kreider-Miller-MZA is my hope of a 3rd line. Or put MZA at 2LW and Callahan at 3RW. Miller needs players who can score.

Closed Thread