HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game 29: Kings vs. Coyotes - 3/19/13 - Back-to-Back Wins!

Old
03-20-2013, 07:17 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Johnny B. was the 1st star on NHL.com yesterday
I think Quick was 1st star the night before. What a great "problem" it is to have two great goalies.

KingsKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:20 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
And sadly in hockey it's the second line that matters the most. DB is not a good ole boy.
Because he has one less kid?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:24 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Because he has one less kid?
No second line is country of origin.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:25 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I hope that the yotes don't end up in Seattle. Its a great hockey area and they deserve a good team. I would rather see them build through an expansion draft. Same with Quebec though too. Let the dirt dogs move to Salt Lake. They would do great there.

I hope that when Seattle does get a team that they find a great name like the Thunderbirds have out there. The Totems doesn't really work.

I dunno Totems worked pretty well for Seattle in the WHL for a long time, but I like Thunderbirds as well.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:28 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I hope that the yotes don't end up in Seattle. Its a great hockey area and they deserve a good team. I would rather see them build through an expansion draft. Same with Quebec though too. Let the dirt dogs move to Salt Lake. They would do great there.

I hope that when Seattle does get a team that they find a great name like the Thunderbirds have out there. The Totems doesn't really work.
Today the Totems would probably be considered racist vs Native Americans. And even if not close enough to a hot bed issue it is better to stay away.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:26 PM
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
Love the post-game comment from Sutter on sending out the 5 players he did at the end of the game. That he was sending his 5 best players out there to defend the lead. Kopi wins the face-off, then they clear the zone and win the game.

What was great is that when I saw Kopi, Richards and Carter move to the face-off circle, I thought, this game is over. 3 forwards who can win face-offs, are defensively responsible and are good with their sticks. Couple that with our best shutdown pairing over the last few years and I felt pretty good about it. Little things like that are what I love about Sutter. Maybe other coaches would've sent out their shutdown line, but Sutter sends out the 3 best centers on the team at once.
I thought he started doing it around the 10 min mark in the 3rd when things were getting real interesting. Toffoli on the bench was the first start. I could totally see one of the Cryotes taking a run at the kid, and I think Sutter was protecting him. He went with the guys he knew could push back and could get the job done.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Stars playing in Colorado tonight. Kings need to take advantage tomorrow.

Kings need a good start and should be able to wear them down in the third.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:12 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
No second line is country of origin.
Oh good grief...

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:56 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Oh good grief...
I'm sure it wasn't meant to offend any canadian fellow Kings fans, but it's a common media generality. Heck, until last years finals many people on this board said some teams had a worse chance of winning a cup because their captain isn't/wasn't canadian.

If the "good grief" comment was directed at yourself, disregard the above.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:19 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I'm sure it wasn't meant to offend any canadian fellow Kings fans, but it's a common media generality. Heck, until last years finals many people on this board said some teams had a worse chance of winning a cup because their captain isn't/wasn't canadian.

If the "good grief" comment was directed at yourself, disregard the above.
This.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:57 AM
alpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
I don't know why but it happens qiute often that when I'm guessing things like this for instance. I'm right or pretty close. But i can't force it.

I'm happy for him.

Btw . He will score next game again.
Something doesn't feel right when I say that..maybe he will deflect one into his own net.

Hope I'm wrong

He will score not tonight/tomorrow but the next one.

Last edited by alpa: 03-21-2013 at 02:36 PM.
alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:00 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

I have to say I kind of agree with the thinking that Canadian born players are given a pass on unprofessional/classless behavior more so than European or even American born players are.

I think of some of the stuff Blake, Smyth, Fuhr pulled here. Plus people in other places like Shanahan, Peca, Kariya and Carter.

These guys for the most part get free passes, and then you have people constantly ripping Yashin and Semin. Not saying they don't deserve it, but it doesn't seem like it's a two way street.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:53 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I have to say I kind of agree with the thinking that Canadian born players are given a pass on unprofessional/classless behavior more so than European or even American born players are.

I think of some of the stuff Blake, Smyth, Fuhr pulled here. Plus people in other places like Shanahan, Peca, Kariya and Carter.

These guys for the most part get free passes, and then you have people constantly ripping Yashin and Semin. Not saying they don't deserve it, but it doesn't seem like it's a two way street.
There is a definite slant in the Canadian media in their thinking when it comes to Canadian vs European players (and no, I'm not referring to Don Cherry, who is a buffoon). I don't know if that's as much a Canada vs the world as it is a North America vs the world. Having said that, there were numerous mentions about Brown being the 2nd American captain to raise the Cup, so you may be right.

I think (hope?) most fans care little about the nationality of their team, but the media definitely has a take on it.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:11 AM
cyclones22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I think (hope?) most fans care little about the nationality of their team, but the media definitely has a take on it.
Come to think of it, I almost never think about that in regards to the Kings. On the main board in that thread about teams without Swedes/Fins on the roster, I was surprised at how many fans of other teams knew right away the Kings had none. I never think of Brown, Lewis or Scuds as US born or Drew, Willie or Richards as Canadian. Or Voynov and Kopi as European. I love em all. There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:22 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

I think where they play factors in as well. Remember the east coast bias that comes from watching a lot of east coast teams but being in bed by the time the west coast teams are playing? It likely spreads over into this sort of stuff too. Plus, the media covering the Kings is far weaker (in terms of coverage) than that for many east coast teams. I mean at least the east coast media can figure out to put up a picture of the Washington Capitals logo and not the Washington Wizards (someone insert overused Sacramento Kings news anchor picture here).

So I think that plays into it a good deal. The other part refers to someone such as Yashin. He got that rep from his days in Ottawa. The Canadian media is relentless, especially the media in Ontario, and Yashin did some pretty dumb things in his day there that they exposed. By the time he left Ottawa, he could have devoted the rest of his life to rescuing lost puppies and feeding the homeless and he'd have been villian number one in the NHL forever anyways. If he was Canadian, it may have gone a bit better, but not much. He'd still be portrayed as an ass. Ask Sean Avery.

So I think it has a lot more to do with the where, than the who in the case of LA. I mean ever Roenick didn't get dogged very much outside of LA for his play as a King, and he was a joke. By the time Roenick hit the ice to do his dance moves (someone inset youtube video here), the east coast media was shutting things down for the night.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
Come to think of it, I almost never think about that in regards to the Kings. On the main board in that thread about teams without Swedes/Fins on the roster, I was surprised at how many fans of other teams knew right away the Kings had none. I never think of Brown, Lewis or Scuds as US born or Drew, Willie or Richards as Canadian. Or Voynov and Kopi as European. I love em all. There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
It's happening a lot lately where you guys are going to the main board, copying posts over here and making fun of them. Or complaining about what guys are saying about our team over there.

It needs to stop. If you can't handle that people are going to say a lot of bad things about the Kings on NHL Talk, don't go there. If you can, post about it there, not here. The mean things Joe Blow is saying about our players because he's mad is irrelevant here. We have a good board with good hockey talk on it, I would prefer to keep it that way.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote