HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers Depth

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 08:56 AM
  #1
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,936
vCash: 500
Rangers Depth

I am wondering if there are any teams who would be interested in these guys? All have a year left, Pyatt @ 1.55, Boyle @ 1.7, Asham @ 1 and Powe @ 1.066

Would be looking for replacements or young players/picks. The mix just hasn't worked out well in the bottom-6 for the Rangers.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:09 AM
  #2
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,129
vCash: 500
Brian Boyle for prospect Jamie Devane and a 2013 3rd round pick? Devane is a future fourth liner bruiser. A project though right now.

I think Boyle would be a good fit for Toronto on their bottom 6 lines.

SprDaVE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:13 AM
  #3
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,753
vCash: 50
Oilers could use Boyle. Petrell and a pick/prospect?

Petrell is a solid 4th liner who plays PK, but we need another center.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:14 AM
  #4
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
Brian Boyle for prospect Jamie Devane and a 2013 3rd round pick?

I think he'd be a good fit for Toronto on their bottom 6 lines.
Would Biggs be available? By looking at his stats, he had a bit of an underwhelming year in the OHL.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:16 AM
  #5
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,129
vCash: 500
I doubt Biggs will be traded anytime soon, not for a player like Brian Boyle anyway.

As much as he didn't flourish offensively in the OHL, the Leafs are pretty high on him.

SprDaVE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:16 AM
  #6
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Oilers could use Boyle. Petrell and a pick/prospect?

Petrell is a solid 4th liner who plays PK, but we need another center.
Would Rieder be available?

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:19 AM
  #7
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
I doubt Biggs will be traded anytime soon, not for a player like Brian Boyle anyway.

As much as he didn't flourish offensively in the OHL, the Leafs are pretty high on him.
Fair enough, had to ask. What about a lower-line more sure-fire tough prospect. I am sure the Leafs have a few of those guys around with Burke being the ex-GM. Maybe that type of player + 3rd (as the Rangers are trying to collect all the 3rd's this year )

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:20 AM
  #8
cwgatti
Registered User
 
cwgatti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
I'd keep Powe and maybe Pyatt. Asham and Boyle are already dead to me. They are also dead to everyone else in the NHL. I'd trade Boyle for a pick and waive Asham. Both are useless.

cwgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:21 AM
  #9
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,753
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Would Rieder be available?
I'm sure he is available, just not sure if in a deal for Boyle.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:28 AM
  #10
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I'm sure he is available, just not sure if in a deal for Boyle.
Ok fair enough. I was thinking Rieder + 5th or something like that for Boyle.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:48 AM
  #11
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,753
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Ok fair enough. I was thinking Rieder + 5th or something like that for Boyle.
Who knows the GM could be all over that. I doubt most oiler fans would be as he is kinda the new flash in the pan ripping up the minors prospect.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:53 AM
  #12
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Perhaps a Boyle for Moen swap? Moen has been great for the habs every season and every playoffs since signing before this year! I'm sure it's just a blip in his career, much like boyle. I think a change in scenery for the both of them may benefit and get the best out of them.

Plus maybe playing with Prusty will rekindle a fire in Boyle's play.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:00 AM
  #13
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Perhaps a Boyle for Moen swap? Moen has been great for the habs every season and every playoffs since signing before this year! I'm sure it's just a blip in his career, much like boyle. I think a change in scenery for the both of them may benefit and get the best out of them.

Plus maybe playing with Prusty will rekindle a fire in Boyle's play.
I like Moen, but I don't like that contract and for a player who plays that style it's a bit longer than I would like. How down is the organization on LeBlanc? What about someone like Thrower?

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:09 AM
  #14
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Oilers could use Boyle. Petrell and a pick/prospect?

Petrell is a solid 4th liner who plays PK, but we need another center.
Some Ranger fans are in sell mode for young guys but lets be honest that is not going to happen.

If they move a guy like Boyle to Edmonton they are going to want someone to help now so say a Ryan Whitney on D and a UFa winger like Jones. It would be a multi player ,pick deal

they are not going to trade Asham they just signed him and he's been hurt the last bunch of games.

Pyatt, sure they may move him but again they need a replacement now.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:34 AM
  #15
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I like Moen, but I don't like that contract and for a player who plays that style it's a bit longer than I would like. How down is the organization on LeBlanc? What about someone like Thrower?
Leblanc has struggled with injuries and terrible coaching in Hamilton, but the Org isn't going to give up on him yet. He's still the Centennial season 1st rounder and Montreal will give him time to find his game. Thrower got passed on the Blades depth chart by another Habs prospect (Dietz), but he just got drafted. Doubt Montreal moves either for Boyle, who's contract ain't so great either.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:49 AM
  #16
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I am wondering if there are any teams who would be interested in these guys? All have a year left, Pyatt @ 1.55, Boyle @ 1.7, Asham @ 1 and Powe @ 1.066

Would be looking for replacements or young players/picks. The mix just hasn't worked out well in the bottom-6 for the Rangers.
I can't see this happening at all right now. In the offseason, I think all of those guys with the exception of Powe are gone.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:55 AM
  #17
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,009
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Some Ranger fans are in sell mode for young guys but lets be honest that is not going to happen.
Why exactly?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
they are not going to trade Asham they just signed him and he's been hurt the last bunch of games.

Pyatt, sure they may move him but again they need a replacement now.
They won't trade Asham because they just signed him but they will trade Pyatt (who they just signed as well)? And Pyatt's replace is a guy named Kreider.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:01 AM
  #18
Anthony Eclair
Anthony Eclair
 
Anthony Eclair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
I'd rather not get rid of Powe or Boyle at this point really. Powe and Boyle may not be putting up numbers for the Rangers but in terms of awareness and Hockey IQ they have been doing pretty well. I think they just need more time to develop. And Asham is our only Tough-guy/Fighter. We need more intimidating players because honestly, letting Prust go was probably our worst decision in the offseason last year, believe it or not. He added a lot of time on the PK (Which is still looking good) and he got the team anxious to score some goals which he puts up good numbers with from time to time. Our chemistry was perfect and now, we just need to keep with our team until they regroup themselves and Powe and Boyle are players that can actually benefit this team with given time. So why focus on these players when the Rangers should focus on bigger names like Richards and Gaborik because they obviously have lost their touch?

Anthony Eclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
  #19
Anthony Eclair
Anthony Eclair
 
Anthony Eclair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Some Ranger fans are in sell mode for young guys but lets be honest that is not going to happen.

If they move a guy like Boyle to Edmonton they are going to want someone to help now so say a Ryan Whitney on D and a UFa winger like Jones. It would be a multi player ,pick deal

they are not going to trade Asham they just signed him and he's been hurt the last bunch of games.

Pyatt, sure they may move him but again they need a replacement now.
I'm holding myself back from responding negatively to this

Anthony Eclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:11 AM
  #20
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
I see Halpern, Pyatt and Asham as expendable.
I don't think Boyle is moving.
Boyle will take over as 4th line center (Edit: Next season) with Haley/Mash and Powe as the wings.


Last edited by Kwayry: 03-21-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:25 AM
  #21
Anthony Eclair
Anthony Eclair
 
Anthony Eclair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I see Halpern, Pyatt and Asham as expendable.
I don't think Boyle is moving.
Boyle will take over as 4th line center with Haley/Mash and Powe as the wings.
Why Halpern? He's one of our best penalty killers. And Mash? Try Kreider first because if we got rid of Pyatt, Kreider would fill in and Pyatt is usually either on the line with Boyle and Powe or Boyle and Miller which would make Kreider on those lines potentially. Or they would try to put Kreider in with Callahan and Stepan if they see an improvement. But my point is, we can't leave Halpern because of the PK and I think Pyatt is a very smart player who can work the boards and make some smart plays that lead to goals. We need more awareness and that's how these players that you guys are talking about work. Think a little bit guys, they might not be putting up numbers, but they save some numbers from being put up on the other teams scoreboard.

Anthony Eclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:28 AM
  #22
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhenrikthegr819 View Post
Why Halpern? He's one of our best penalty killers. And Mash? Try Kreider first because if we got rid of Pyatt, Kreider would fill in and Pyatt is usually either on the line with Boyle and Powe or Boyle and Miller which would make Kreider on those lines potentially. Or they would try to put Kreider in with Callahan and Stepan if they see an improvement. But my point is, we can't leave Halpern because of the PK and I think Pyatt is a very smart player who can work the boards and make some smart plays that lead to goals. We need more awareness and that's how these players that you guys are talking about work. Think a little bit guys, they might not be putting up numbers, but they save some numbers from being put up on the other teams scoreboard.


See my edited post.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:31 AM
  #23
Anthony Eclair
Anthony Eclair
 
Anthony Eclair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Delete
Reason?

Anthony Eclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:54 PM
  #24
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Raymond/Higgins for Boyle

Or a prospect like Sauve/Rodin/Stefan Schnider + a 3rd

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:57 PM
  #25
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Raymond/Higgins for Boyle

Or a prospect like Sauve/Rodin/Stefan Schnider + a 3rd
I think the Rangers would take Raymond for boyle then send a 3rd for a 3rd line C

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.