HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Bolts @ Leafs - March 20 - hail to our leader, kadri. thunder speaks

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 08:58 AM
gtforepro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorityRules View Post
You best be buying playoff tickets then.
Knock on wood, but maybe some cheap seats.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:19 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtforepro View Post
Knock on wood, but maybe some cheap seats.
No such a thing in the Playoffs.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:29 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:

Took the kids and sat in the top row of 319. 5 and 0 this year when we're there.
Were you guys a few of the dozen fans making noise last night?

Was a decent game, but that TBay team is terrible outside of MSL and Stammer. Their goaltending looked like ours most nights, letting glove shots in constantly

Old
03-21-2013, 09:42 AM
gtforepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Were you guys a few of the dozen fans making noise last night?

Was a decent game, but that TBay team is terrible outside of MSL and Stammer. Their goaltending looked like ours most nights, letting glove shots in constantly
If you heard 1 little 5 year-old voice chanting Go Leafs Go from the very top row of the rink after everyone else stopped, that was us. My youngest rocking the Bozak jersey is not self-conscious at all. He yelled "booyakashaw!!!" for a good minute and a half after Bozak scored...I have no idea where he got that one from.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:44 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
If you heard 1 little 5 year-old voice chanting Go Leafs Go from the very top row of the rink after everyone else stopped, that was us. My youngest rocking the Bozak jersey is not self-conscious at all. He yelled "booyakashaw!!!" for a good minute and a half after Bozak scored...I have no idea where he got that one from.

Haha that's awesome, must've been a fun night. Good on ya

Old
03-21-2013, 09:48 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:

Good to see them into the game.

I've noticed more and more the younger crowd(20's) spend the whole game on their phones including the 2 beside me last night.

Question - did you or anyone else who was there notice the scoreboard continually flashing in the 3rd similar to a camera?

Old
03-21-2013, 09:51 AM
MajorityRules
ExcellencewithVigour

vCash: 620
Quote:

Excellent. Looks like some true die hards in the making. Gotta say, I'm feeling for your other son with the Schenn jersey. Got one myself after going 20 years without buying one, only to have him traded the year I purchased it. Been thinking of getting a Kadri one but I dont want to jinx anything.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:51 AM
HockeyCrazed101

Quote:

That's awesome

Maybe you need to go to the games more often. You've pretty much been to every home win this season and there haven't been that many. What are you doing Saturday when Boston is in town? I think Leafs and all of Leafs Nation would appreciate you taking your good luck to the ACC

Old
03-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Triple Minor
Optimus Reim

Great win.
Need to make up a few of those games we dropped

Old
03-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
There was no reason I was ever going to get off the Kadri "bandwagon," you don't hope for your own prospects to bust to prove your point (like a few on these boards did).

Kadri > Schenn. If we picked 5th..we were getting B.Schenn and we wouldn't have JvR.

Funny how everything works out in the end.
Funny to think about, if we hadn't picked up Gerber, and he didn't go on his massive hot streak, we would have been a lock for the 5th pick, and ended up with B. Schenn instead of Kadri, and likely had never moved Luke for JvR.

Schenn's vs JvR/Kadri

A tough choice between the two combo's, but I'm liking what we got out of it.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:56 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
That's awesome

Maybe you need to go to the games more often. You've pretty much been to every home win this season and there haven't been that many. What are you doing Saturday when Boston is in town? I think Leafs and all of Leafs Nation would appreciate you taking your good luck to the ACC
I'll be there taking a Bruin fan, not expecting it to be pretty.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:02 AM
HockeyCrazed101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
I'll be there taking a Bruin fan, not expecting it to be pretty.
Well at least your friend will enjoy the game

Boston has really gotten into the psyche of Leafs fans. We've played them FAR better this year than last year and yet you can't help but expect a loss. That feeling is probably helped along by the fact that one of our top offensive contributors seems to disappear into a shell everytime he has to face the Bruins. Oh well, I guess they all can't have Kadri's swagger.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:20 AM
gtforepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Haha that's awesome, must've been a fun night. Good on ya
Thanks! Yeah, we had a blast.

Quote:

I've noticed more and more the younger crowd(20's) spend the whole game on their phones including the 2 beside me last night.

Question - did you or anyone else who was there notice the scoreboard continually flashing in the 3rd similar to a camera?
Actually, yes, my 7 year-old pointed that out and we thought was a camera flash. It was the scoreboard? Weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorityRules View Post
Excellent. Looks like some true die hards in the making. Gotta say, I'm feeling for your other son with the Schenn jersey. Got one myself after going 20 years without buying one, only to have him traded the year I purchased it. Been thinking of getting a Kadri one but I dont want to jinx anything.
I offered to get it re-lettered with Kadri, but his name's Luke as well so he's sticking with it. Of course, now Philly with Luke and Braden is the #2 team in the house, as well as being the go-to street hockey personas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
That's awesome

We were in Buffalo for the Frattin OT winner, so 4 at the ACC. WSH-PHI-NJ and last night. I'd love to go Saturday but the oldest is going to need braces.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Crown the King, King Kadri.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Badger Mayhew

vCash: 50
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin is an exciting line. If that line starts being our #1 two-way line, it opens the door for Van-Riemsdyk and Kessel to fiend on the easy matchups. Having two scoring line threats is huge.

Then there's MacArthur-Grabovski-Frattin....put Colborne in over Grabo and give them easy minutes.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Another thing: I don't know how Phaneuf used to play in Calgary, but I believe that goal in 2nd was how he played.

Just a laser beam.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin is an exciting line. If that line starts being our #1 two-way line, it opens the door for Van-Riemsdyk and Kessel to fiend on the easy matchups. Having two scoring line threats is huge.

Then there's MacArthur-Grabovski-Frattin....put Colborne in over Grabo and give them easy minutes.
Ya, colborne looks great recently and I have had it with Grabo. I was one of the few people who were appalled by his contract. Looks like everyone else is starting to notice

Old
03-21-2013, 11:11 AM
napoleon in rags
Bernier the boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplayaz2000 View Post
are you saying that Tampa was **** the whole game? are you aware of the great Defense Leafs played, via PK's
and Reimer made plenty of nice saves
Your sense of humour called and left a message. It said it wouldn't mind getting dusted off and worn now and then.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Ya, colborne looks great recently and I have had it with Grabo. I was one of the few people who were appalled by his contract. Looks like everyone else is starting to notice
You did not predict that Kadri would be a PPG player who would force Grabovski to be dropped to the third line and put into a shutdown role he isn't suited for and can't possibly earn his contract in.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
You did not predict that Kadri would be a PPG player who would force Grabovski to be dropped to the third line and put into a shutdown role he isn't suited for and can't possibly earn his contract in.
Doesnt matter. You dont pay 5.5mil to a center that has no chemistry with your franchise RW, unless you already have a better center for said #1RW.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Superstar

Quote:
Funny how CMac and Kulie are scoring playing with Kadri, but doing nothing with Grabo. Seems more and more that Grabo is a fit for the wing because he really does lack the vision to be centre.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
Doesnt matter. You dont pay 5.5mil to a center that has no chemistry with your franchise RW, unless you already have a better center for said #1RW.
Why not?

You don't need a #1 before you get a #2. Someone has to play in that spot, and if you think you have a good one, you might as well sign them.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Quote:

Were they in suits?

Old
03-21-2013, 11:59 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Definitely was in that camp as well, I hated the re-signing then, and hate it 10x more now.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
Why not?

You don't need a #1 before you get a #2. Someone has to play in that spot, and if you think you have a good one, you might as well sign them.
I was confident with Bozak/kadri/Connolly as our top 3 centers.

Grabovski's play this season has not convinced me that he is better than Connolly.

Closed Thread