HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors Thread Part 5: NYR Interested in Boyle, Gaborik Available (MOD: READ OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 08:58 AM
  #251
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Again, if he's trading Gabs for cap relief, he's better off waiting until after the postseason.

If Gaborik shines in the postseason his value will skyrocket. I'm willing to take that chance than kill this season.

Deep down I think Sather is very pleased with the current roster and knows from his Oiler days that all the BS from the regular season gets thrown out the window when round 1 starts.

Hungry teams who make the CF usually find a way back there within a year or two.
no offense, but you admit you haven't watched any games this season, so how can you know how ineffective Gaborik as truly been, and or how much the RIGHT TYPE of trade could benefit this team right now?

i want a quality scoring forward coming back, one that fits our system along with 4D. I don't think Sather/Gorton makes any move that doesn't truly make us better as a team.

NikC is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 08:58 AM
  #252
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 35,325
vCash: 500
Gaborik has scored goals in 5 games this season. He is forced to play out of position. Keep him on the team next season. The Rangers will have 45% of their cap invested in 4 players. Re-sign the key 3 group IIs. Then everyone will scream about the Rangers having zero depth. They have no money. Its like my fellow Jet fans whining about the Jets not keeping their free agents and not adding anyone of significance. They have no money. Flat caps. Top heavy team. No depth.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 08:59 AM
  #253
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
sather will add before gabs is traded.. noway he trades him especially mid season.. if we were 8 points out at this point with 19 to go.. i think they probably would be trading him.. but if gabs gets hot.. hes like the rental that could put us over the top so to speak.. almost as if we traded for a top 6 fw.. bc he hasnt been on since the first few games of the season.. add him, a motivated kreider to stay and a guy like ott/torres/bottom 6 depth/toughguy with some skill.. and we'll be good to go..

we're in a playoff sport noway we sell a top 6 player for depth guys or potentials/top picks mid season when we're fighting for playoffs and need goals..we'd have to be blown away aka E. kane, pavelski, mike richards etc... but we'd also have to trade another core guy or young top prospect..


Last edited by dethomas07: 03-21-2013 at 09:08 AM.
dethomas07 is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:01 AM
  #254
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Gaborik has scored goals in 5 games this season. He is forced to play out of position. Keep him on the team next season. The Rangers will have 45% of their cap invested in 4 players. Re-sign the key 3 group IIs. Then everyone will scream about the Rangers having zero depth. They have no money. Its like my fellow Jet fans whining about the Jets not keeping their free agents and not adding anyone of significance. They have no money. Flat caps. Top heavy team. No depth.
Rangers will have money to add depth even after Hags, stepan, and mcdonagh all sign

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:01 AM
  #255
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
sather will add before gabs is traded.. noway he trades him especially mid season.. if we we're 8 points out at this point with 19 to go.. i think they probably would be trading him.. but if gabs gets hot.. hes like the rental that could put us over the top so to speak.. almost as if we traded for a top 6 fw.. bc he hasnt been on since the first few games of the season.. add him, a motivated kreider to stay and a guy like ott/torres/bottom 6 depth/toughguy with some skill.. and we'll be good to go..

we're in a playoff sport noway we sell a top 6 player for depth guys or potentials/top picks mid season when we're fighting for playoffs and need goals..we'd have to be blown away aka E. kane, pavelski, mike richards etc... but we'd also have to trade another core guy or young top prospect..
You are looking at it incorrectly. The Rangers are not "selling" Gaborik. They would be making a hockey trade which would include future assets as well.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:02 AM
  #256
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 25,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Keep trading picks and prospects and you will end up like San Jose. The Sharks traded a #1 pick in 08 for a rental. Brian Campbell. They traded a former #1 and a future #1 for Boyle. They made a good selection in 10 with Coyle. Then they traded Coyle and the 11 #1 in the Burns trade. Then they give Burns a ton of money only to see him play on the wing. The Sharks added Pavelski and Couture as young pieces. Pavelski was a late bloomer from Wisconsin. Couture was a #1 from 07 in the Toskala trade. Top heavy team. No depth on the roster. No young players in the system. Now Wilson decides to supplement the roster with cheaper assets. Boyle is 36 with a nearly $7M cap hit. Clowe doesn't have a goal and has a shoulder injury. Doughty nailed Clowe last week re-injuring the shoulder. Too bad Wilson can't trade with himself.
That's just wrong. Off top of my head, Matt Nieto, Dan O'Regan, Chris Tierney, Tomas Hertl.

We have not traded too many picks and prospects until the Nash trade. And the prospect we gave up we obtained as a 'free agent'.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:04 AM
  #257
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
You are looking at it incorrectly. The Rangers are not "selling" Gaborik. They would be making a hockey trade which would include future assets as well.
Most fans want people who can produce now if we were to trade Gaborik. If not we just take a shot the next two years (this and next) as was the original plan

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:05 AM
  #258
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Rangers will have money to add depth even after Hags, stepan, and mcdonagh all sign
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Carl Hagelin ($2.500m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Derek Stepan ($3.000m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
J.T. Miller ($1.244m) / Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m) / Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / Arron Asham ($1.000m)
Micheal Haley ($0.600m)
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($3.500m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Michael Del Zotto ($2.550m) / Dylan McIlrath ($1.295m)
Stu Bickel ($0.750m) /
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,335,000; BONUSES: $2,050,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,015,000


2 million leftover with them signing reasonable contracts. If McDonagh gets more then there will be less obviously. That's not a lot of money.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:07 AM
  #259
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Most fans want people who can produce now if we were to trade Gaborik. If not we just take a shot the next two years (this and next) as was the original plan
Top-4 RD, LW who can compliment our top-6/9 + prospect + pick

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:07 AM
  #260
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,440
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
sather will add before gabs is traded.. noway he trades him especially mid season.. if we we're 8 points out at this point with 19 to go.. i think they probably would be trading him.. but if gabs gets hot.. hes like the rental that could put us over the top so to speak.. almost as if we traded for a top 6 fw.. bc he hasnt been on since the first few games of the season.. add him, a motivated kreider to stay and a guy like ott/torres/bottom 6 depth/toughguy with some skill.. and we'll be good to go..

we're in a playoff sport noway we sell a top 6 player for depth guys or potentials/top picks mid season when we're fighting for playoffs and need goals..we'd have to be blown away aka E. kane, pavelski, mike richards etc... but we'd also have to trade another core guy or young top prospect..
What is Sather going to add exactly and for who? If they really aren't going to trade core guys (Stepan, Miller, Kreider, Hagelin, McDonaugh, Girardi, Staal, Del Zotto), what are they really going to be able to add? They might be able to package Boyle with other assets (picks, prospects not named McIrath, Skjei) but I really am having trouble seeing what that package would really return.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:08 AM
  #261
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Carl Hagelin ($2.500m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Derek Stepan ($3.000m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
J.T. Miller ($1.244m) / Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m) / Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / Arron Asham ($1.000m)
Micheal Haley ($0.600m)
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($3.500m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Michael Del Zotto ($2.550m) / Dylan McIlrath ($1.295m)
Stu Bickel ($0.750m) /
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,335,000; BONUSES: $2,050,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,015,000


2 million leftover with them signing reasonable contracts. If McDonagh gets more then there will be less obviously. That's not a lot of money.
Boyle can be moved in a trade, kreider should hopefully be up and ready for good, players Can be waived etc

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:12 AM
  #262
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Boyle can be moved in a trade, kreider should hopefully be up and ready for good, players Can be waived etc
Anyone waived has to be replaced. Who are you waiving and who are you replacing them with that is that much cheaper? Asham? Find a replacement for much less expensive. Same with Powe.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:12 AM
  #263
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,149
vCash: 500
Hey if we can get people who can help NOW (this year next year) and make us a better team by all means do it. Just don't think we will get a good enough deal

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:13 AM
  #264
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst
 
Steve Kournianos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 18,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
no offense, but you admit you haven't watched any games this season, so how can you know how ineffective Gaborik as truly been, and or how much the RIGHT TYPE of trade could benefit this team right now?

i want a quality scoring forward coming back, one that fits our system along with 4D. I don't think Sather/Gorton makes any move that doesn't truly make us better as a team.
No offense taken.

I don't need to watch games to realize its better to gamble that an established scorer like Gaborik breaks out than praying to God the guys he's traded for come even close to equalling his production, or by some miracle exceeding it.

Steve Kournianos is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:16 AM
  #265
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,348
vCash: 500
So can we stop talking about getting prospects cause it's not the Mission

they want to win the cup now. the Kings got into the Playoffs as the 8th seed and took off and won it. Why in the world would a team that won the East last yr dismantle after 25 games?

I am all for trades and helping the team but its not going to be done by dealing Gaborik for prospects. They can do that at the freaking draft and that would be fine since they are clearing space for RFA's. Makes not sense to do it now unless they get solid NHL players to help win this yr

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:17 AM
  #266
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Anyone waived has to be replaced. Who are you waiving and who are you replacing them with that is that much cheaper? Asham? Find a replacement for much less expensive. Same with Powe.
We really only need one more depth guy if Kreider sticks. Nash gaborik richards kreider hagelin callahan stepan miller. Thats 8 of the top 9. 4th line nothing wrong with an Asham/boyle/powe as your 4th line. Guys are underperforming this year that's our major problem

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:18 AM
  #267
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What is Sather going to add exactly and for who? If they really aren't going to trade core guys (Stepan, Miller, Kreider, Hagelin, McDonaugh, Girardi, Staal, Del Zotto), what are they really going to be able to add? They might be able to package Boyle with other assets (picks, prospects not named McIrath, Skjei) but I really am having trouble seeing what that package would really return.
depth guys we've been talking about for 40pgs+ now torres, clowe, ott etc... add toughness to the bottom 6, or a 3c, or another vet rd..

i am just saying sather has to be blown away with a trade package for gabs to be traded mid season when we're battling to get in the playoffs..

just imagine if we have Gabs on scoring goals, richards playing the way he was intended to be, guys like kreider back being hungry and motivated to stay in the lineup and out of the ahl.. along with a healthy staal returning soon, and the potential of adding toughness in bottom 6 with a guy like torres/ott.. we'll be set for the playoffs..

dethomas07 is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:18 AM
  #268
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
No offense taken.

I don't need to watch games to realize its better to gamble that an established scorer like Gaborik breaks out than praying to God the guys he's traded for come even close to equalling his production, or by some miracle exceeding it.
So you are good getting someone who has ~17 points in 29 games because that is what he has "produced" and we all know he provides nothing outside of scoring.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:19 AM
  #269
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
So can we stop talking about getting prospects cause it's not the Mission

they want to win the cup now. the Kings got into the Playoffs as the 8th seed and took off and won it. Why in the world would a team that won the East last yr dismantle after 25 games?

I am all for trades and helping the team but its not going to be done by dealing Gaborik for prospects. They can do that at the freaking draft and that would be fine since they are clearing space for RFA's. Makes not sense to do it now unless they get solid NHL players to help win this yr
This. Though I still don't think we have to move Gaborik period

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:19 AM
  #270
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
You are looking at it incorrectly. The Rangers are not "selling" Gaborik. They would be making a hockey trade which would include future assets as well.
Thank you for stating this . A hockey trade . One of biggest problems of our lines is having Gqborik and Richards together makes for a tissue soft , weak in their own end and on the boards pair in a system that is predicated on being hard on the puck and along the wall. Not that Gab has t been successful but he's been displaced on his proper position because we lack depth on the othe side . If yiu could turn Gaborik into two players that can contribute in all three zones and march close to 30 between them you do it .
2> 1 = DEPTH .

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:21 AM
  #271
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
So you are good getting someone who has ~17 points in 29 games because that is what he has "produced" and we all know he provides nothing outside of scoring.
I'm good with a guy coming off a 41 goal season.. what makes u think he won't start to find his scoring again?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:22 AM
  #272
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I'm good with a guy coming off a 41 goal season.. what makes u think he won't start to find his scoring again?
Because I have been watching him play and he has looked terrible. He has scored in 5 games. 5. Outside of those 5 games what has he provided? This isn't Callahan who is effective even if he isn't scoring.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:23 AM
  #273
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Thank you for stating this . A hockey trade . One of biggest problems of our lines is having Gqborik and Richards together makes for a tissue soft , weak in their own end and on the boards pair in a system that is predicated on being hard on the puck and along the wall. Not that Gab has t been successful but he's been displaced on his proper position because we lack depth on the othe side . If yiu could turn Gaborik into two players that can contribute in all three zones and march close to 30 between them you do it .
2> 1 = DEPTH .
U think columbus fans are saying the same thing right now? That's exactly what we did to them. Two decent players for a star

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:24 AM
  #274
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Because I have been watching him play and he has looked terrible. He has scored in 5 games. 5. Outside of those 5 games what has he provided? This isn't Callahan who is effective even if he isn't scoring.
Ok.... people have bad years. You act like in 25 games he just turned into an Ahler

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:25 AM
  #275
tjs252
Registered User
 
tjs252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
no offense, but you admit you haven't watched any games this season, so how can you know how ineffective Gaborik as truly been, and or how much the RIGHT TYPE of trade could benefit this team right now?

i want a quality scoring forward coming back, one that fits our system along with 4D. I don't think Sather/Gorton makes any move that doesn't truly make us better as a team.
So what you're saying is you'd like a forward that could pot 30-40 goals in a John Tortorella system? Where on Earth could we find that guy?

tjs252 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.