HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Guins71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
considering the rumored original offer from the Bruins is Peverly, Subban and a 1st, you would already be out of the running if that's as high as you would go

If Boston is really giving up that much for a 35 year old Rental player who is a shell of his former self, then so be it. They are paying for the name and not the product. I think Iginla will help any team in a lot of ways, but flames fans are acting like it is 2006 and they are trading him. You won't get as much as you think for him.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:37 AM
GoTeamDom

The closest comparison I can find for Iginla is when the Kings traded Mattias Norstrom to the Stars in 2007:

Quote:
Los Angeles Kings traded Mattias Norstrom, Konstantin Pushkarev, a 3rd round selection in 2007 and a 4th round selection in 2007 to the Dallas Stars for Jaroslav Modry, Johan Fransson, a 1st round selection in 2008, a 2nd round selection in 2007 and a 3rd round selection in 2007.
A similar comparison for Calgary/Vancouver would be something like:

Iginla
6.0C prospect
3rd 13
4th 13

for

Hansen
Rodin or Grenier
2nd 13
3rd 13
1st 14

Old
03-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guins71 View Post
If Boston is really giving up that much for a 35 year old Rental player who is a shell of his former self, then so be it. They are paying for the name and not the product. I think Iginla will help any team in a lot of ways, but flames fans are acting like it is 2006 and they are trading him. You won't get as much as you think for him.
I don't think there's any truth to that rumor. Best I can tell it was a writer speculating about what roster player Boston would part with and he came up with Peverly on his own. The whole article I read was just speculation. No one knows what Boston has or will offer. Same goes with the Pens and anyone else that bids.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Haatley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
The closest comparison I can find for Iginla is when the Kings traded Mattias Norstrom to the Stars in 2007:

A similar comparison for Calgary/Vancouver would be something like:

Iginla
6.0C prospect
3rd 13
4th 13

for

Hansen
Rodin or Grenier
2nd 13
3rd 13
1st 14
Wait a second... did you just compare iginla to mattias norstrom?

Old
03-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

I don't really care what Boston or anyone else bids, my opinion is still the same. I'd welcome Iginla here but I don't want Shero to overpay for him. I hope he has an absolute max value in mind and sticks to it, and I'm pretty sure he will based on his past trades & deadline acquisitions.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:03 AM
GoTeamDom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
Wait a second... did you just compare iginla to mattias norstrom?
Norstrom was one of the premier shut down defenders of the era, team captain and 34 year old pending UFA.

Iginla is one of the premier power forwards of his era, team captain and a 35 year old pending UFA.

It's not a perfect comparison, but I don't think it's ridiculous. It's a better comparible than Hossa and Kovalchuk as they were both in their 20s when they were traded.

Also for argument's sake, JvR was just traded for Schenn this offseason. At least two GMs around the league value power forwards and shut down defensemen similarly.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:18 AM
mpp9

Pens will offer a D prospect they feel comfortable parting with. I'd say Maatta. A 1st. And an expendable roster forward. No more. If that doesn't get it done, they'll explore other options. No biggie.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:23 AM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
And for that matter, I think Pittsburgh just played themselves out of the race for Iggy in this hypothetical situation. Pouillot would have to be included at that point and even then, the B's have the Pens beat. Kennedy, Pouillot and a first would be the level it would need to get to

All of the packages offered coming from Boston are better. A bottom six roster player, no matter who, Krug, Spooner and Subban have all been of noted interest and a first.
I think you got it as far as HF speculation goes.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Will Hunting
Immortal Adams

General managers recently have been informed Bennett is not available on the trade market

Bylsma told four days ago, that Bennett will stay with the big club for the remainder of the season. Our coaching staff is impressed with his overall play which includes great defensive work and ability to win board battles. We knew about his skill, but we didn´t see those defensive aspects and excellent work ethic coming. Locker room loves him, fans love him and he will only get better. Such a great kid.

That said, I would have a hard time to trade Bennett for Iginla straight up. We will part with our D-prospects, dealing Bennett really makes zero sense.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlflamesfan View Post
I am sorry but if the Canucks want Iginla...it will cost Kassian+++.
The following got some positive feedback at the start of the last thread...

TO CGY
Jensen
Ballard
1st
3rd

TO VAN
Iginla
Babchuk

You don't get Kassian, sure, but in a lot of hockey circles Jensen is thought of as a player with higher upside. He's fresh off of a SEL season that has seen him post goal totals for an 18 year old (a rookie to boot) not seen since Hornqvist and Daniel Sedin. He did this with very little support players on an awful team as well.

I think this is a deal that certain members of each fan base will hate, but overall is the kind of deal that seems realistic. CGY get some good pieces, and Vancouver doesn't give up any pieces off of this years roster (except for a Ballard for Babchuk swap, which helps as we gain another RH defenseman with a bomb).

Old
03-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
The following got some positive feedback at the start of the last thread...

TO CGY
Jensen
Ballard
1st
3rd

TO VAN
Iginla
Babchuk

You don't get Kassian, sure, but in a lot of hockey circles Jensen is thought of as a player with higher upside. He's fresh off of a SEL season that has seen him post goal totals for an 18 year old (a rookie to boot) not seen since Hornqvist and Daniel Sedin. He did this with very little support players on an awful team as well.

I think this is a deal that certain members of each fan base will hate, but overall is the kind of deal that seems realistic. CGY get some good pieces, and Vancouver doesn't give up any pieces off of this years roster (except for a Ballard for Babchuk swap, which helps as we gain another RH defenseman with a bomb).
Straight up Kassian for Iginla. This can turn into another 15 year fun topic..

Old
03-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Aiastelmon

Calgary fans have and continue to have too high an expectation for the return. The guy has seven goals, is not near the player he once was, is a rental, and has a high cap number.

The Pens will give up a lower tier defensive prospect, and probably a 2nd for the guy. Boston will probably give up slightly more because they are desperate and their fans are freaking out. But all this talk of a roster player + prospect + 1st is nuts. Heck, I speculated prior to the season we'd see a Niskanen for Iggy straight up deal at the deadline, but at this point, the Pens wouldn't do that deal. Good players with a low cap value are at a premium in the cap situation moving forward.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Luigi Lemieux

Yeah i can pretty much guarantee that Bennett is off the table. Pens are overflowing with quality d-prospects but Bennett is quite literally our only good forward prospect. It seems as if he's stuck on the big roster for good and by all indications he's going to be a great, creative player. IF Shero is going in on Iginla, it'll probably be something like Calgary's pick of one of our top d prospects, a warm body if Calgary wants(Kennedy/Jeffrey), and a first.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:03 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
As a Calgary fan I would consider it if it were Schroeder, Connauton, a 1st and a 2nd
Can the 2nd be conditional on Iginla re-signing? If not, a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Hate to give up Schroeder as he is just starting to look comfortable, but Iginla would be amazing.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheeled Winger View Post
From the Wings:

Jurco (Or Pulkinnen, your preference)
2014 1st
Roster player

Not sure who to move as a roster player. I'd be fine from Eaves with the previous list, but Flames may want someone younger or more talented.
Would 1st + Tatar + Roster Player be acceptable?

Old
03-21-2013, 11:06 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux View Post
Yeah i can pretty much guarantee that Bennett is off the table. Pens are overflowing with quality d-prospects but Bennett is quite literally our only good forward prospect. It seems as if he's stuck on the big roster for good and by all indications he's going to be a great, creative player. IF Shero is going in on Iginla, it'll probably be something like Calgary's pick of one of our top d prospects, a warm body if Calgary wants(Kennedy/Jeffrey), and a first.
Hypothetically speaking, how would Pens fans feel if they trade Bennett straight up for Iginla?

Would they feel ripped off?

Old
03-21-2013, 11:09 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Absolutely no interest in any package built around Jordan Schroeder. He may be a Center, but aside from that he is everything we already have in spades. No thanks.

Any package coming from Vancouver must start with either Jensen, or Gaunce. Ideally if you are trading him to a division rival you ask for both. I also have very little interest in Connauton as the only NHL caliber trait he possesses is his shot (imo of course).

I would honesty lose my mind if that trade went down.
Both for a rental? Not going to happen.

I'd do Gaunce and a first though.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:12 AM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Hypothetically speaking, how would Pens fans feel if they trade Bennett straight up for Iginla?

Not ripped off but would never do it. He is are only real top forward prospect. Just cannot trade him, even straight up, for a 35 yr old UFA IMO. It also comes down to need for Pens and Iggy improves us but not enough to overpay for him or give up Bennett.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:12 AM
mpp9

Quote:

Yes.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:14 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:

Hypothetically, I wouldn't be happy. Again, I think Iggy bolts back to Calgary at the end of the season. So, you give up your only forward prospect worth anything that is playing among the top six right now and looks solid, for seven weeks of Iggy? I wouldn't do it.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:14 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiastelmon View Post
Calgary fans have and continue to have too high an expectation for the return. The guy has seven goals, is not near the player he once was, is a rental, and has a high cap number.
You can't really consider cap hit. Its a rental. If a team is that close to the cap, they'll send a lower hit back most likely, but cap hits on rentals don't sway value much.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Hugo Sham

a 1st, a good prospect and a roster player.
A lot for a good but declining UFA HOFer.
who blinks first?
It's going to be Pitt, maybe Boston if Iggy will play
there...
and a team out west convinced it can win a cup
giving up a lot of assets

Old
03-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:

Very, very upset.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:18 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
Not ripped off but would never do it. He is are only real top forward prospect. Just cannot trade him, even straight up, for a 35 yr old UFA IMO. It also comes down to need for Pens and Iggy improves us but not enough to overpay for him or give up Bennett.
Totally understandable. I know Bennett is looking like a great young player so far but is Pitts' hesitation to move him also based on the fact he is (and no offense meant by this) the pens only real "top 6" forward prospect?

If so, makes a lot more sense that they are looking at moving one of Maatta or Pouliot.

Anyway, I think Pens fans in this thread are probably correct that we wont see Bennett coming to Calgary. Best of luck with him.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:20 AM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
a 1st, a good prospect and a roster player.
A lot for a good but declining UFA HOFer.
who blinks first?
It's going to be Pitt, maybe Boston if Iggy will play
there...
and a team out west convinced it can win a cup
giving up a lot of assets
I would not be surprised if he is not traded at all before someone blinks and overpays for him. I do not see GMRS blinking and overpaying for him. I am not saying what you propose is overpaying it just depends on the prospect and roster player.

Closed Thread