HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Totally understandable. I know Bennett is looking like a great young player so far but is Pitts' hesitation to move him also based on the fact he is (and no offense meant by this) the pens only real "top 6" forward prospect?

If so, makes a lot more sense that they are looking at moving one of Maatta or Pouliot.

Anyway, I think Pens fans in this thread are probably correct that we wont see Bennett coming to Calgary. Best of luck with him.
A large part of it, yes. If they trade Bennett & Iggy doesn't re-sign they're back in the same situation they were earlier this year, which is in dire need of a top 6 winger. The other part of it is I don't think any of us expected him to look as good as he's looked as quickly as he has.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Highest I would probably go is Gaunce + 1st + 2nd (preferably 2014) and even that is a bit steep. I want no part of any proposal involving Jensen or Kassian and am adamantly against Hansen ever being traded.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
Hypothetically speaking, how would Pens fans feel if they trade Bennett straight up for Iginla?

Would they feel ripped off?
At first i think pens fans would be furious. However, if the pens win the cup it would be worth it completely. If they don't and Iginla bolts after the season it would feel like a big time rip-off.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:24 AM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Totally understandable. I know Bennett is looking like a great young player so far but is Pitts' hesitation to move him also based on the fact he is (and no offense meant by this) the pens only real "top 6" forward prospect?

If so, makes a lot more sense that they are looking at moving one of Maatta or Pouliot.

Anyway, I think Pens fans in this thread are probably correct that we wont see Bennett coming to Calgary. Best of luck with him.
Yes to the only real top 6 forward prospect plus the fact he is playing way beyond what a lot of us expected (so quickly) especially on the defensive end. Looking to be a great two way player so far.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Clark4Ever

The Flames should have moved Iginla at the trade deadline last season. His production has diminished considerably since then, and therefore, so has his perceived value around the NHL.

It's completely unreasonable to expect a 1st round pick, a top prospect, and a roster player for Iginla at this stage of his career, especially if you factor in his contract status.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:27 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
I have to think the B's have a final say in where he goes if anywhere. Solid farm team, picks and they have cap flexibility to boot.
no they don't. Iginla does. it doesn't matter if the Bruins make the absolute best offer for Iginla. ultimately it's his choice where he decides to play.

Quote:
Would the Pens be willing to give up Bennett as a starting point for a deal? or for that matter, Pouillot?
no to Bennett, because just about every Pens fan no longer considers him a prospect. he's a roster player. would you trade Hamilton for Iginla? no? then why would the Bruins still be in the "running"?

the Pens MIGHT deal Pouliot, but i would hope it's not for just Iginla.

Quote:
And for that matter, I think Pittsburgh just played themselves out of the race for Iggy in this hypothetical situation. Pouillot would have to be included at that point and even then, the B's have the Pens beat. Kennedy, Pouillot and a first would be the level it would need to get to

All of the packages offered coming from Boston are better. A bottom six roster player, no matter who, Krug, Spooner and Subban have all been of noted interest and a first.
oh well, you heard it here, folks. CONFIRMED: Pens are out of the Iggy Sweepstakes.

by the way, you have absolutely no idea what the Bruins are WILLING to offer. you know what they HAVE, you don't know what they'll actually offer.

also, why in the blue hell would Calgary want ANOTHER goaltending prospect in Subban?

Old
03-21-2013, 10:27 AM
SidsBackhand

Bennett has to be considered a roster player, has shown way too much of a ceiling to give away on a rental player. Yes, even for Iginla.

My offer would have to be Kennedy+Maata+2 picks (1st+mid to late).

Remember, Iginla is reportedly driving this trade. I'm not Jarome, but I'd venture to say he'd rather come to Pittsburgh and play with Crosby than go anywhere else. Also, a slightly less physical style of play also sounds attractive to a guy who's getting up there in age (so Boston wouldn't be his first choice). I'd say he's requesting a negotiation with Pittsburgh, and an offer like my proposal would be enough firepower to pull it off.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:28 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
A large part of it, yes. If they trade Bennett & Iggy doesn't re-sign they're back in the same situation they were earlier this year, which is in dire need of a top 6 winger. The other part of it is I don't think any of us expected him to look as good as he's looked as quickly as he has.
FWIW, in my opinion Iginla is going to resign with whatever team he is traded to, permitting they have the space for him.

When he is moved its going to be like a bad breakup for him and the Flames org, and while I think he will be back working in the front office someday. Or maybe on the ice for his retirement year, he won't be coming back to the Flames right away in my opinion anyway.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:30 AM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux View Post
At first i think pens fans would be furious. However, if the pens win the cup it would be worth it completely. If they don't and Iginla bolts after the season it would feel like a big time rip-off.
The only way I somewhat agree with this is if Iggy signs with the Pens for a few more years and even then I am not sure it would be worth it completely. I think we have as much a chance (or close to it and in future years) to win the cup the way we are without making that deal.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Goodlad

vCash: 729
I'm not sure why everyone is so fixated on Bennett here. I don't think he's a piece Calgary [I]has[I] to have to make a deal work. It would be different if the Flames were loaded up on defense prospects, and all they wanted is forward prospects, but that's clearly not the case.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Hypothetically speaking, how would Pens fans feel if they trade Bennett straight up for Iginla?

Would they feel ripped off?
I think any reasonable Pens fan knows that Iggy is a better player than BB and he would help them significantly more in the playoffs.

BB is just vastly important to this org going fwd because of the cap and their weak fwd farm. Finally having a talented top six guy who is on an ELC is like gold to the Pen's org.

I can't stress enough that there is literally no one to take his place if he is moved. The Pens best chances of developing a top six guy if BB is moved consists of Blueger (who is several years away) and Megna (a UFA they signed this past August).

Seriously, it's that bad.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:47 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I think any reasonable Pens fan knows that Iggy is a better player than BB and he would help them significantly more in the playoffs.

BB is just vastly important to this org going fwd because of the cap and their weak fwd farm. Finally having a talented top six guy who is on an ELC is like gold to the Pen's org.

I can't stress enough that there is literally no one to take his place if he is moved. The Pens best chances of developing a top six guy if BB is moved consists of Blueger (who is several years away) and Megna (a UFA they signed this past August).

Seriously, it's that bad.
What if (and im not going to try and figure out the whole package atm) Calgary packaged a guy with top-6 potential like Reinhart or Granlund? Or a more immediate player like Stempniak or even Glenx (the latter of which would obviously increase the value of the package substantially.)

Old
03-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
So what you are really saying is given the current conditions, Pens are considering Bennett a roster player and have taken him off the table? Sounds like a good way to skirt the issue. However I'll play along even though we've avoided the point.

I'd have to think as a Flames fan that he would be consider him one of the key parts of a deal. We all don't want to give up our best prospect. Bennett I think most consider still a prospect. Van doesn't want to give up Kassian and Boston doesn't want to give up Spooner or Khohklachev.

From the B's, anyone of our prospects is available as part of the deal and before anyone wants to make a stipulation about it, no Dougie is not a prospect. He's played every game for the Bruins thus far while being a top four DMan and playing consistently on the PP.

Not just the fans, but Ray Shero as well.

Quote:
General managers recently have been informed Bennett is not available on the trade market also a sign he has won over Penguins management.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:51 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:

no, it's based on the fact that he's really good, really young, really cheap, and under control for a long time.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Jeremyisgood

Quote:

Heh, don't worry. We're all well aware of that.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:54 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Honest question: Is there a feeling that the Flames org has to have a F prospect to make a deal work or is this something that ran away from Flames fans here? Because looking at their prospect pool on paper, the really need both, maybe even D more.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
What if (and im not going to try and figure out the whole package atm) Calgary packaged a guy with top-6 potential like Reinhart or Granlund? Or a more immediate player like Stempniak or even Glenx (the latter of which would obviously increase the value of the package substantially.)
I think we could talk scenarios all day, but in the end, Shero is overly stingy with his best prospects. The only top tier prospect he ever traded was Esposito, and that was after Espo saw his numbers drop significantly three years in a row (I suspect Shero felt he was going to bust by the time he moved him).

Shero has made prospects like Tangradi and Bortuzzo untouchable at one point as well. If Feaster pushes for a BB or Morrow, Shero will just move on. It's just how he does business.

Personally, I'm hoping for a second + mid tier prospect for Stempy. He is playing the best hockey of his career right now and is going to be the best bang for Shero's buck IMHO. Of course we have some Pens fans who think Dupuis is just as talented as Stempy, so whatever.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Not just the fans, but Ray Shero as well.
That's great news!

Old
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
Honest question: Is there a feeling that the Flames org has to have a F prospect to make a deal work or is this something that ran away from Flames fans here? Because looking at their prospect pool on paper, the really need both, maybe even D more.
We need RW the most but D is second I don't know why everyone wants Bennet if he isn't available. I thought we had all agreed Maatta + 1st + Kennedy.

Old
OCPenguin

Quote:
Why do we want a guy with top six potential in Reinhart or Granlund when Bennett is doing the job and will continue to get better? I find it counterproductive. Besides isn't Backlund strictly a center? We have no need for one of those. He would be at best a fourth line center in Pittsburgh with no hope reaching the top six.

Why are Calgary fans constantly adding pieces to trying to **** Pittsburgh of its trade assets? If I'm Shero, I have more interest in Stempy or GlenX than Iginla because those two would fill the needs better in Pittsburgh than Iggy and wouldn't be rentals.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 03-21-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old
03-21-2013, 10:59 AM
GermanTitov

these offers are outrageous! People really think its a good idea to give up a Top prospect, 1st rnd pick and a roster player for a 35 year old rental????. if thats the case i hope the Bruins win the so called "sweepstakes".

Old
03-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
I have another honest question. Why would there be Flames fans asking for specific types of players. That organization needs EVERYTHING!!. Not just forwards, not just goalies, not just defencemen.. Their farm system sucks and I don't care what any delusional Flames fan says about that

Old
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
I have another honest question. Why would there be Flames fans asking for specific types of players. That organization needs EVERYTHING!!. Not just forwards, not just goalies, not just defencemen.. Their farm system sucks and I don't care what any delusional Flames fan says about that
Good one, I don't know. Not saying they should be asking for specific players, but I was just catching up with this thread and it was a lot of Flames fans saying they would ask for/need Bennett and one saying Boston had the better prospects to give, which I took to mean he considered F prospects preferred, so I just wondered about it.

Obviously if we are talking about a F prospect who is head and shoulders above the D prospect, you take the better prospect offered. I don't think Spooner is head and shoulders above Morrow though. At all.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:06 AM
SidsBackhand

I wouldn't trade Bennett for anyone. Huge future. Great move by Shero taking him off the block.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Why do we want a guy with top six potential in Reinhart or Granlund when Bennett is doing the job and will continue to get better? I find it counterproductive. Besides isn't Backlund strictly a center? We have no need for one of those. He would be at best a fourth line center in Pittsburgh with no hope reaching the top six.

Why are Calgary fans constantly adding pieces to trying to **** Pittsburgh of its trade assets? If I'm Shero, I have more interest in Stempy or GlenX than Iginla because those two would fill the needs better in Pittsburgh than Iggy and wouldn't be rentals.
Well I never mentioned Backlund so uhmmm??

Because its just a discussion, no need to get mad. Anyway I think Stempniak is the most likely player to end up in Pitt's probably for a 2nd.

Closed Thread