HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Selleck faces hearing for yesterdays incident, suspended 2 games

Old
03-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
I appreciate him trying to make a statement, even if it ended badly. I wonder if he'll even be healthy for the next game with the way he got clocked. That said, I cannot see how that was instigation, which is one of the silliest rules in the game anyway. It's ok to fight as long as you don't start it...what?

In any case, Howden, don't go far.
It is a stupid rule, I agree but he skated right at the guy and threw his gloves off a few seconds after coming onto to the ice. It was clear instigation.

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
I dont disagree with you and im not upset at what happened (other than Selleck getting thumped). Just pointing out to that particular poster that its pretty clear Dineen threw him out there for a fight. I actually wish we had a few more guys like him; not necessarily goons but just big, burly, badasses that punished other teams physically.
I'm not disagreeing, but how'd Dineen 'get him beat up?' That's just nonsense, every fighter has been rolled back out quickly and/or faced bigger guys. Hell, look at Domi.

He practically ran into Westgarth and was left in perfect position to be fed uppercuts. He didn't start that fight 'properly' at all.

03-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
It is a stupid rule, I agree but he skated right at the guy and threw his gloves off a few seconds after coming onto to the ice. It was clear instigation.
This, that's text book instigation.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:28 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
This, that's text book instigation.
Fine, but the very concept of instigation is insane. Someone has to start the fight, what are the chances that both guys are planning to go at the exact same time? If anything it encourages "staged fights". Punishing someone for starting a fight is just ludicrous.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Fine, but the very concept of instigation is insane. Someone has to start the fight, what are the chances that both guys are planning to go at the exact same time? If anything it encourages "staged fights". Punishing someone for starting a fight is just ludicrous.
It's definitely stupid and fight fans hate it, he just started it up by the definition of the rule and was called. Suspended cause it started in the last 5 minutes.

Westgarth needed to be dealt with

Old
03-21-2013, 10:32 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Lmao, oh ok.
Explain how he didn't. Laughing at a post with no explanation is stupid. Jake below laid out the case perfectly.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:34 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing, but how'd Dineen 'get him beat up?' That's just nonsense, every fighter has been rolled back out quickly and/or faced bigger guys. Hell, look at Domi.

He practically ran into Westgarth and was left in perfect position to be fed uppercuts. He didn't start that fight 'properly' at all.
He was tired after just finishing a rare shift and had to take on a bigger opponent. He also had to make sure Westgarth would oblige before he got to the bench.

That was an unnecessary fight. We could have ignored him being a pest, he probably wasn't going to see any more ice time, and Markstrom would have had a better chance at a shutout. This isn't a playoff series. It was another dumb move by Dinnen.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Explain how he didn't. Laughing at a post with no explanation is stupid. Jake below laid out the case perfectly.
Quote:
He was tired after just finishing a rare shift and had to take on a bigger opponent. He also had to make sure Westgarth would oblige before he got to the bench.

That was an unnecessary fight. We could have ignored him being a pest, he probably wasn't going to see any more ice time, and Markstrom would have had a better chance at a shutout. This isn't a playoff series. It was another dumb move by Dinnen.
Saying Dineen got him beat up is stupid. Every fighter in the league got beat up by their coaches then. And every fighter has fought tired.

Selleck started it poorly, was in poor position due to that, and was fed. Dineen is a former NHLer who fought, don't be ignorant, he understands NHL fights. Explain the real reason for that statement and I'll give you more than a laugh. Actually, guess you did, Markstrom lost his shutout. That was Selleck's.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:45 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Saying Dineen got him beat up is stupid. Every fighter in the league got beat up by their coaches then. And every fighter has fought tired.

Selleck started it poorly, was in poor position due to that, and was fed. Dineen is a former NHLer who fought, don't be ignorant, he understands NHL fights. Explain the real reason for that statement and I'll give you more than a laugh. Actually, guess you did, Markstrom lost his shutout. That was Selleck's.
I already did. He had a kid with a lot to prove who just finished a shift and sent him out to get Westgarth in an unnecessary fight. Do you think it's a fair fight? Selleck is like 6 foot 190 and Westgarth is 6' 5" 240. Is that fair? Don't you think he would have sent Parros out if he had him over Selleck? Why would he send Parros out over Selleck? Maybe because he sent a normal sized fighter against a heavyweight? Get it? Do you understand?

Old
03-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I already did. He had a kid with a lot to prove who just finished a shift and sent him out to get Westgarth in an unnecessary fight. Do you think it's a fair fight? Selleck is like 6 foot 190 and Westgarth is 6' 5" 240. Is that fair? Don't you think he would have sent Parros out if he had him over Selleck? Why would he send Parros out over Selleck? Maybe because he sent a normal sized fighter against a heavyweight? Get it? Do you understand?
You're not new to the NHL, stop trying to sound like you are. Domi, heard of him? Tootoo? He dropped 6'7 Valabik, was that fair? PJ Stock? I can keep going, and Laus wasn't the biggest fighter, either. Was still a wrecking machine.

Yes, he would've sent Parros, is that really your question? Parros is injured, therefore wasnt dressed, thus he couldn't. He felt it was necessary, so have coaches throughout history.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:55 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
You're not new to the NHL, stop trying to doin line you are. Domi heard of him? Tootoo? He dropped 6'7 Valabik, was that fair? PJ Stock? I can keep going, and Laus wasn't the biggest fighter, either. Was still a wrecking machine.

Yes, he would've sent Parros, is that really your question? Parros is injured, therefore wasnt dressed, thus he couldn't.
Citing some of the best fighters ever doesn't help your argument.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:57 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Citing some of the best fighters ever doesn't help your argument.
You're citing size, I gave you similar sized fighters. Selleck is a fighter.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:00 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
You're citing size, I gave you similar sized fighters. Selleck is a fighter.
that's not logical.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
that's not logical.
Oh for crying, what?

Old
03-21-2013, 12:05 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...5184--nhl.html

Number one on the Yahoo ticker.

First Grimaldi telling girls to cover up now this, lol.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...5184--nhl.html

Number one on the Yahoo ticker.

First Grimaldi telling girls to cover up now this, lol.
Meh. It's truth. **** happens, but as I said, he didn't start it right.