HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#30 |Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Islanders| Mar 21 | 7 PM | L 5-2

Old
03-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Strummergas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphistos View Post
This is one of the things I hate most about him: Whenever he makes some significant line change (I'm not talking about rotating the 3rd line players with those of the 4th line), he changes them so quickly back, that you can't make any conclusion at all. It's just like they are pure alibi-moves so that he can say: "Well I tried it, it didn't work".

edit: @Isle Junkie: As far as I know, he didn't say that he will change them this game. He said maybe, but also maybe only after one or two more games to see if they can bounce back before he separates them.
Exactly! I should read the whole thread before posting my 2 cents....

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Tavaresfan91

the rangers would be playing the panthers and carolina and devils playing eachother....also leafs playing sabres, looks like the schedule is against us tonight. Hope they shuffle lines and hope we get a win in one of these next two back to backs because there really tough games.

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:36 PM
camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphistos View Post
This is one of the things I hate most about him: Whenever he makes some significant line change (I'm not talking about rotating the 3rd line players with those of the 4th line), he changes them so quickly back, that you can't make any conclusion at all. It's just like they are pure alibi-moves so that he can say: "Well I tried it, it didn't work".

edit: @Isle Junkie: As far as I know, he didn't say that he will change them this game. He said maybe, but also maybe only after one or two more games to see if they can bounce back before he separates them.
Your 1st paragraph has been the status quo...I often wanted to mention such...Hopefully proper usage of key toughness as in the case of#17 will get a win....not as in the case of 2 mins per period against Ottawa. Since I know Martins game well..if coaching tries it...Tav will have to be able to obsorbe a check once and a while...other wise #17 may be expected to straighten someone out taing him off the ice. A few games of being Tav. body guard...the league will back off him a bit giving Tav a new sort of energy and broadening of shoulders....It took Stamkos a few games also..then away they went

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:52 PM
StrongIslanders90

Poulin in net and Carkner back.....I hope Carkner adds some steady d play...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:00 PM
19NYSports91

Hopefully Tavares can generate some offense this game, he needs to be better.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:01 PM
19 in a row

I was going to ask who was being sent down with the activation of both Grabner and Carkner then remembered they never activated Joensuu... with Ullstrom on IR, i assume that we now have 23 as of now..

havent recovered from the other night yet still, so i really hope they get off to a good start otherwise going to games 3 of the next 4 nights is going to be a nightmare.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Tavaresfan91

i was just reading the Habs GDT and its funny how confident they are that this isnt even going to be a game...one guy said "start up a pregame thread for saturday".... they are good but i mean we have beaten them twice, is it really a game the habs have in the bag LOL...lets do it again and gain some points on whoever loses the hurricane/devil game

Islanders: 4
Habs: 2

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:25 PM
JetsMetsIsles

Grabner and Carkner back is very good news. Im tired of Martinek despite the fact he's actually putting up points. He has been by far our worst defenseman. Also Grabner is more second hand scoring and defensive responsibility at ES and the PK.

JetsMetsIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Just got my tickets printed out.. Habs fans usually flock to the coliseum in large numbers.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
i was just reading the Habs GDT and its funny how confident they are that this isnt even going to be a game...one guy said "start up a pregame thread for saturday".... they are good but i mean we have beaten them twice, is it really a game the habs have in the bag LOL...lets do it again and gain some points on whoever loses the hurricane/devil game

Actually, most Habs fans know full well that the Islanders have their number. The OP in our GDT even acknowledges that your team is our kryptonite. Believe me, very very few Habs fans take the Islanders lightly after our last two game! If the Habs can stay out of the box and keep Tavares and Moulson from skating circles around them, Habs win (easier said than done). Otherwise, it'll be another win for you guys.

I didn't see the post about the Saturday GDT, but it would have nothing to do with who we're playing tonight. Habs fans are frikkin insane when it comes to GDT and usually start them at least two days ahead.

Anyway, just wanted to wish y'all a good game!

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:46 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post

I was recently in the Tampa area and I caught a game between Montreal and Tampa. About 25% of the crowd were Montreal fans. The Canadians won the game, and I've never seen a more obnoxious group of fans. I find that Maple Leaf and Canadian fans and Canuck fans to a lesser degree have a certain arrogance about them, "hockey snobbery" I like to call it. That's why I take great joy in giving those teams a beating (of course not as much as beating the Rangers). I would not say it's a Canadian citizen thing, Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary have great fans in my estimation. I'm not sure about Winnipeg yet.

So, I hope the Isles give the Habs a good old fashioned beatdown!

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:16 PM
bvon44

Come on boys and win this one! First game of the year at the NVMC for me.

bvon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:54 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsMetsIsles View Post
Grabner and Carkner back is very good news. Im tired of Martinek despite the fact he's actually putting up points. He has been by far our worst defenseman. Also Grabner is more second hand scoring and defensive responsibility at ES and the PK.
seriously? Hamonic's positioning and bad luck near the crease, MacDonald being unable to handle or dish the puck without a turnover, Hickey being solid but absolutely small in his own zone, Finley being big but not sound at all in his own zone, Streit who has been awful outside of his play manning the point.....and we're castigating Martinek?

I am glad we have Carkner back. His defense stinks but the team NEEDS tougher personnel.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Islander Prophet

I like Poulin in this game, hopefully he comes up big

Carkner and Grabner should help us greatly, expecting a win here 4-3 NYI

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Bones45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
I was recently in the Tampa area and I caught a game between Montreal and Tampa. About 25% of the crowd were Montreal fans. The Canadians won the game, and I've never seen a more obnoxious group of fans. I find that Maple Leaf and Canadian fans and Canuck fans to a lesser degree have a certain arrogance about them, "hockey snobbery" I like to call it. That's why I take great joy in giving those teams a beating (of course not as much as beating the Rangers). I would not say it's a Canadian citizen thing, Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary have great fans in my estimation. I'm not sure about Winnipeg yet.

So, I hope the Isles give the Habs a good old fashioned beatdown!

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!
Judging by your comments, I'd say that Habs fans are the Yankees fans of the NHL?

I always chuckle when I see "Canadian" threads on the main board. Who really cares if a team is based in Canada or US? Is the difference b/t the two the first thing you think of? I guess if you are Canadian, you might...

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:10 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 178
Pretty much a must win.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Pretty much a must win.
They all are

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:04 PM
YearlyLottery

Huge game. I can't wait to watch Poulin, Grabner, and Carkner.

Little nervous for Poulin.

YearlyLottery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
NYI JT91

Will be there in section 206x with the GF my bro his wife and 2 friends..hopefully we can be within 1 poi t of 8th after tonight.

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Knish Of The Crease

Islanders - 9
Habs - 1

JT with 7G & 1A. He would have 8Gs but his shot hits Boyes in the ass on the way in the net.

Knish Of The Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:36 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ MAC View Post
Islanders - 9
Habs - 1

JT with 7G & 1A. He would have 8Gs but his shot hits Boyes in the ass on the way in the net.
This is so unlikely. Boyes wouldn't be driving the net like that.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:37 PM
CaptDenisPotvin

Any chance the NHL stops this game after 40 minutes?

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:51 PM
isleskovalchuk

Not sure which team wil show up tonight, but we need points to keep the pace its as simple as that.

Hoping for some line shakeups

Grabner-JT-Boyes
Moulson-Nielsen-Okposo
Bailey-Cizikas-Martin
Aucoin-Reasner-MacDonald

isleskovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:51 PM
seafoam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
Someone pull a plug after two periods!

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:01 PM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
Teams win games against us in a matter of minutes. Usually in the 3rd. If they don't have a 5+ goal lead going into the final 20 minutes I just don't feel comfy. Never an easy win here. Not sure my heart can take anymore. But here I am. I'm back and ready to let this team kill me.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote