Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 02:49 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy0ne View Post
Gaby (fave player) + 1 million of his cap monies for PMB + 2nd round pick?
Rangers wouldn't do that.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
I would take Kessel in a heartbeat. Very fast sniper in his prime and RH shot? We have maybe 2-3 really good shooters on this team and he's better than all of them.

But I doubt I'd want to give up what it would take to bring him here.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I would take Kessel in a heartbeat. Very fast sniper in his prime and RH shot? We have maybe 2-3 really good shooters on this team and he's better than all of them.

But I doubt I'd want to give up what it would take to bring him here.
Like all Toronto offers, lets offer them "awesome pieces" in change!

Hackett+Phillips+Clutterbuck+2nd

Old
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 410
There is only 12 regular season games after the trade deadline. In no way do I want a "rental" at this point. Especially one that would cost us 1 or more prospects. We have no idea how this team will perform in the playoffs and with so many young players it makes it even more difficult. If we were a team that had been together awhile and was a playoff team the year before sure, I'll take a rental to make a run. But, there are too many unknowns this season to be able to get a good rental player.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:17 AM
forthewild

I think PMB is raising his value, he's played great since he's been back and he's a pending UFA...

Old
03-21-2013, 11:19 AM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
I think PMB is raising his value, he's played great since he's been back and he's a pending UFA...
So now the question is: do we trade him at the deadline, or do we keep him because he's helping the team?

Old
03-21-2013, 11:23 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I've said this before and I'll say it again; after going through last season and many other Minnesotan sport seasons prior, I have no idea why anyone would like to see Bouchard moved. He adds depth that carries some high-level talent capable of slotting in at different spots when the inevitable injuries happen. Moving rookies up is all well and good but I'd prefer to see the team have multiple options available, especially if the return isn't going to have much effect.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
03-21-2013, 11:28 AM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

I agree (I think?), if we can't get a good return that helps the team now and in the future, keep Bouchard.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Tuomaz

I would like to see Bouchard on that 1st line RW if we don't trade him. He would bring much more than Coyle is atm.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
So now the question is: do we trade him at the deadline, or do we keep him because he's helping the team?
Whats the offer? I absolutely trade him for anything remotely reasonable in return.

In the case of PMB there is a player to fill that spot on the roster right now so if you can get a return for him then get it and not just PMB but Clutter as well.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:26 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I've said this before and I'll say it again; after going through last season and many other Minnesotan sport seasons prior, I have no idea why anyone would like to see Bouchard moved. He adds depth that carries some high-level talent capable of slotting in at different spots when the inevitable injuries happen. Moving rookies up is all well and good but I'd prefer to see the team have multiple options available, especially if the return isn't going to have much effect.
Zucker is better then Butch and he is useless outside the top 6, while having some insurance and depth is nice I see him as a guy who gets moved in two weeks. Someone will offer a good deal for him and we'll go back with Zucker on that Line.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:40 PM
DANOZ28

i would sure like to hear the reasons PMB is valuable. he was a 1st rnd #8 pick that has only had one 20G season out of 10!!!!!!, zero chemistry with anyone since rolston left, we've paid him 4.1 million $ and for the prior 3 years got next to nothing out of him (production). is it his fault he got injured? no but why anyone would want him back next year blows me away. just my one cent.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:52 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

he's developing chemstry with Seto, and he was pretty good before the last concussion. I don't see him coming back for cap reasons...not because he isn't useful. I've always been a fan of his, though, so maybe a little biased. he's got the skill, but has lacked the will. Well, i think a lot of his early-career perimeter play was due to coaching TBH. He was instantly more aggressive with the puck the few games he played for Richards and with Yeo as well.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:55 PM
centcougar07

Bouchard is not coming back after this year anyway. Zucker and Larsson are both pushing him next year. Every player has his price, if Fletcher gets a good enough offer, he's gone. That being said, we won't give him up for nothing.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:56 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Zucker is better then Butch and he is useless outside the top 6, while having some insurance and depth is nice I see him as a guy who gets moved in two weeks. Someone will offer a good deal for him and we'll go back with Zucker on that Line.
Zucker is better than Butch at what? Shooting. Butch is far, far superior at handling the puck and lateral movement. That both fit in with Seto and Cullen is a testament to how good those two have been as much as it is indicative of the good play by both Zucker and Bouchard. I would actually like to see them try zucker on the top line before they monkey around with the second.

Like i said above, i don't think butch will be here next year but you don't trade someone just because otherwise you lose him for nothing. We're not losing him for nothing...If it makes you feel better think of him as a rental we didn't have to give any assets for.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:12 PM
THEALLKNOWING*

PMB at this point is essentially a rental. If another team has a Wild need, the player would be view is a rental, I would have no problem trading our rental (PMB) for another rental, if it makes the Wild more of a Cup contender. Of course, assuming they make the playoffs.

Toss Spurgeon in with any trade. I could care less how "smart" he is, just whether he can play the full 200 ft. Whatever he does offensively, is negated by his very apparent defensively deficiencies. Get rid of the mini-Brent Burns ASAP!

Old
03-21-2013, 01:38 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Zucker is better than Butch at what? Shooting. Butch is far, far superior at handling the puck and lateral movement. That both fit in with Seto and Cullen is a testament to how good those two have been as much as it is indicative of the good play by both Zucker and Bouchard. I would actually like to see them try zucker on the top line before they monkey around with the second.

Like i said above, i don't think butch will be here next year but you don't trade someone just because otherwise you lose him for nothing. We're not losing him for nothing...If it makes you feel better think of him as a rental we didn't have to give any assets for.
Shooting, Grit, speed, forecheck, back check.

Yes butch has more skill but he also is a perimeter player, he is soft on the puck, he's not great at forechecking at all and is useless anywhere outside the top 6.

Zucker is younger and has more upside to him, at this point in Butch's career he's what he is, Zucker could develop into a nice Parise Jr.

I don't see PMB coming back next year because of lack of role, he doesn't fit in with the team. So trading him and getting an asset back is preferable, since we did fine with out him in the line up.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:20 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I'm as big as a Zucker fan that I think one could attain to be, but if the Wild can get Bouchard going, he's a better option than Zucker at this time. Zucker is fearless going to the net as has the speed to create space on his way there, not to mention a knack for scoring, but Bouchard brings puck possession assets that aren't all that prevalent at forward for this franchise.

I don't see the need to ship Bouchard off if you think you've got a guy to replace him right now. The team would be best to just let this year play out with what they have and they'd be in a much better position moving forward as well, IMO.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:38 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I don't see the need to ship Bouchard off if you think you've got a guy to replace him right now. The team would be best to just let this year play out with what they have and they'd be in a much better position moving forward as well, IMO.
Ditto.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:47 PM
bottompairingdman

Looking at our recent results I don't see why we should give up roster players just for spare parts or middle-to-low round picks. If there's a decent hockey trade available that'd fill our needs (a top 4 D would be ideal) then sure, pull the trigger, but we shouldn't just give up PMB or other roster players. We need the depth during the latter part of the season and the playoffs (if/when we make them). No reason for us to be deadline "sellers" with the way things are imo. There's no such thing as too much depth.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Doobz89

I'd like to see them go for a solid defenseman

Gilbert/3rd-Giordano

Old
03-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Tony253
#DSTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING View Post
PMB at this point is essentially a rental. If another team has a Wild need, the player would be view is a rental, I would have no problem trading our rental (PMB) for another rental, if it makes the Wild more of a Cup contender. Of course, assuming they make the playoffs.

Toss Spurgeon in with any trade. I could care less how "smart" he is, just whether he can play the full 200 ft. Whatever he does offensively, is negated by his very apparent defensively deficiencies. Get rid of the mini-Brent Burns ASAP!

The Spurge is not my favorite player on the Wild but his only real deficiency is that he is the size of the average 9th grader.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:46 AM
nickschultzfan

Our blueline is fine. Gilbert just needs to get healthy.

Falk has been playing really well. Stoner-Spurgeon is a perfect bottom-pairing. Prosser has been decent this year. Clark is "eh" but he's another body. Scandella might be a good call-up if he can stay healthy.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:46 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony253 View Post
The Spurge is not my favorite player on the Wild but his only real deficiency is that he is the size of the average 9th grader.
Spurg, imo, is not very good on d. He has issues with gap control, he frequently just loses opposing players, he whiffs on pucks more than anyone else that I can think of, he's really not all that good at getting the puck out - frequently just blind rimming around the glass (ala Shultz), he sucks at board battles, and I certainly don't see what great intelligence he has in the d zone.

He has done pretty well in the offensive zone, for the most part. He has a certain creativity there that I wish more of our players had.

I'ld be curious to know how many goals he has been on the ice for of late... It always seems that when the other team is scoring, there he is...

Old
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobz89 View Post
I'd like to see them go for a solid defenseman

Gilbert/3rd-Giordano
Gilbert has ben pretty good for the most part in our #3 role.

While I wouldn't mind us picking up a better partner for him, in no way would I want us to move him.

Closed Thread