New Toys on the Way

Old
03-19-2013, 04:19 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
You won't find a bigger (or longer standing) Spooner fan than me, but I'm one of those jerks who'd trade anyone for an upgrade- even Saint Bergeron.

That said, the value has to be there and I don't think Iginla is it. He'd be a great addition, and I'd give up a Kaberle type package for him (which IMO would be a 1st, 2nd and Caron as the Colbourne sub), but Spooner is in a class with Krejci and Marchand (IMO) and I wouldn't give that up to rent anyone.
yes, you were on to Spooner when I was on to Knight...if this was a different Bruins team in a different time you would go for Glencross in a bigtime bundle but not a rental in Iggy,

agree on the Iggy offer- the Toronto bundle complete with sweetners for a Cup run

I think Chia is counting Kelly coming back and Yeti coming over at some point- also holding out for a couple of the kids helping in another month or so

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:22 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Why wouldn't he be a fit on the 3rd line? They match Bergeron's line against top lines, not the 3rd one, so you have the luxury of rolling out a similar lineup that they did in '08-'09 when Savard-Bergeron-Krejci were down the middle.

In fact, being able to roll either Peverley or Kelly on his RW to cover him on faceoffs and defensively is about as ideal a situation as a rookie center can have. He'll get easier matchups, and not as much pressure to produce right away.

Personally, I think he's so much more talented than the options they've rolled out on the 3rd line so far this year that he should be up for good now. Caron-Spooner-Peverley until the deadline and then big bodied LW who can pot a few after.
So he's the guy that should center Caron and Peverley types. That's what we're hoping and saving him for. I won't gush or worry too much about a third line center.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:06 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
Ott would be cheaper....and just as dirty as Marchand/Lucic

Luongo is a stud...cap hit might be a killer...
you spelt dud wrong

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:29 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Toy update

Spooner returns to his hometown of Ottawa (I think you actually go right by his parents home on the way to the rink) for what must be an amazing feeling- what a rush. All your family and friends at this game- you know he is scoring his first NHL goal; I hope Kirk speaks to his parents on this because they are salt of the earth types and they must be just so excited.

Billy Jaffe made an astute comment last night how Spooner like Crosby and Skinner can open up his hips and always be in position to make plays (I never realized that was it but he sure had a knack on the half wall in Providence) Skinner was a figure skater, and I think Ryan was to but maybe wont admit it (but if I could go back to 7 or 8 I'd do that for a few years then switch to power skating and hockey)

Khoklhachev per Mark Divver who is excellent and covers Providence related hockey (the Friars) tweeted that Alex Khokhlachev was centering former Friar Kyle McKinnon and Jamie Tardiff who had a few games in Boston.

Divver says Koko has that 10 to 2 thing Spooner has (maybe he to was figure skater)

and Jared Knight was back at full practice although doning a red no contact shirt as he gets the first week in- good to see him at a full practice

Boston's 2011 Stanley Cup 7th game had 3 second round forwards (Bergeron, Krejci, and Lucic), and a third rounder (Marchand) all manning the top two lines in that historic game.

Boston has had a pretty good track record in the second round- perfect no, but that Cup shows how good they can hit it- all three of these toys are second rounders

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Chia sitting beside feaster at leaf game....

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:34 PM
SegzKnightlySpoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Toy update

Spooner returns to his hometown of Ottawa (I think you actually go right by his parents home on the way to the rink) for what must be an amazing feeling- what a rush. All your family and friends at this game- you know he is scoring his first NHL goal; I hope Kirk speaks to his parents on this because they are salt of the earth types and they must be just so excited.

Billy Jaffe made an astute comment last night how Spooner like Crosby and Skinner can open up his hips and always be in position to make plays (I never realized that was it but he sure had a knack on the half wall in Providence) Skinner was a figure skater, and I think Ryan was to but maybe wont admit it (but if I could go back to 7 or 8 I'd do that for a few years then switch to power skating and hockey)

Khoklhachev per Mark Divver who is excellent and covers Providence related hockey (the Friars) tweeted that Alex Khokhlachev was centering former Friar Kyle McKinnon and Jamie Tardiff who had a few games in Boston.

Divver says Koko has that 10 to 2 thing Spooner has (maybe he to was figure skater)

and Jared Knight was back at full practice although doning a red no contact shirt as he gets the first week in- good to see him at a full practice

Boston's 2011 Stanley Cup 7th game had 3 second round forwards (Bergeron, Krejci, and Lucic), and a third rounder (Marchand) all manning the top two lines in that historic game.

Boston has had a pretty good track record in the second round- perfect no, but that Cup shows how good they can hit it- all three of these toys are second rounders
Unless he was a figure skater before grade 4 (when he was 8-9) then I can confirm he wasn't.

SegzKnightlySpoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Strafer

Quite a bit off topic but: Does anyone here know if Peter Chiarelli has a Twitter account?

Last edited by Strafer: 03-20-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
I'd love me some Iggy but the price tag scares the **** out of me.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:09 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
I don't get the Ferrence love... he is a #4/5 defenseman aka, dime a dozen player.

Yeah, he plays hard and such... but he has had a lot of mental mistakes this year and unless he is willing to take a discount (ie 2,5 mill per) than so long and thanks for the fish!!!
You say that about an one on the team though.

But I will liken him to Ryder.

Second/ third liner (mid to bottom pairing d man) doesn't really excite you during the reg season .. but the type of player and the type of locker room guy you win with in the playoffs.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:19 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 23.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
You say that about an one on the team though.

But I will liken him to Ryder.

Second/ third liner (mid to bottom pairing d man) doesn't really excite you during the reg season .. but the type of player and the type of locker room guy you win with in the playoffs.
Ryder? Locker room guy?!??

Holy...people really don't remember a thing about him here. How many optional skates was he the only one missing at? How many times was he benched for a lack of effort?

waits for youtube clip of the glove save

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:20 PM
mashmont

What would you guys think about giving up Soderberg+ 1st, +maybe a prospect for Iginla???

The thing with Soderberg is he has the potential to be great.. so its iffy. I feel like that would be a strong package for Iginla.

mashmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Deal Law
S corps suck

Chia - "What do you want for Iginla Jay?"

Feaster - "I want a unicorn, and a pony, and fairy dust, and a leprechaun, and his gold, and rainbows..."

*click*

Last edited by Deal Law: 07-08-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Deal Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:43 PM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post

Holy...people really don't remember a thing about him here. How many optional skates was he the only one missing at? How many times was he benched for a lack of effort?

Tell me about it. Chiarelli literally couldn't give the guy away for a time.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post

I heard that Ryder wes very well liked in the room.

03-21-2013, 01:06 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 23.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I heard that Ryder wes very well liked in the room.
I believe it no doubt, he seems like a nice guy...but I wouldn't call him a locker room guy you build championships around by any means

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:15 PM
bp13

Quote:
Was he wearing an "I'm with Stupid ->>" t-shirt?

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Was he wearing an "I'm with Stupid ->>" t-shirt?
No he was munching on some popcorn when they showed him on TV.

Was just stirring pot with that post

All GM's were at the leafs game and in a box together... Chia was beside Feaster in the front row.

Bettman was sitting behind them both with Daley and Colin Campbell.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote