HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Drew Doughty's Comments on Phoenix/Vancouver (mod warning #185)

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 01:27 PM
SephF
Visually Better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
So a guy takes an elbow and gets no call and hes supposed to not be upset?
You can be upset, acting like a 5 year old kid is a little much though, especially considering it was kind of borderline. You can almost blame Doughty for having his head so low and trying to reach in on Hall.

I just thought it was funny... Doughty rocked Hall and Hall just brushed himself off and got up. Didn't cry to the refs or snap on the bench.

Doughty tries to hit Hall again and gets dropped and just loses it. He looked like such a baby on the bench there, especially when he threw off his helmet.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:28 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Cool. This relates to Doughy's comments how?

You pulled the Doan incident out of your ass for no apparent reason.
It's a fair comparison, especially when the whole point of this thread is basically about how Doughty calls out Doan and the Yotes for crying about officiating after every loss to the Kings.

Doughty certainly has his faults but I've never seen him pretend to get hit by someone and then just for the sake of saving face he pretends to be infuriated with said player and effectively put a bounty on their head. Such bogus crap.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:30 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Because I don't want to get into a argument about whining, I'll ask this:

How the hell didn't He get another 2, or a misconduct for going insane in that video? Yelling "No ****ing way!" Repeatedly and smacking your stick around should add on...
Penalty or not, I know I was hoping Doughty would just shut up at the time. I remember watching it and just wondering what the hell is he doing, now is not the time.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:36 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
You can be upset, acting like a 5 year old kid is a little much though, especially considering it was kind of borderline. You can almost blame Doughty for having his head so low and trying to reach in on Hall.

I just thought it was funny... Doughty rocked Hall and Hall just brushed himself off and got up. Didn't cry to the refs or snap on the bench.

Doughty tries to hit Hall again and gets dropped and just loses it. He looked like such a baby on the bench there, especially when he threw off his helmet.
Did Doughty hit Hall in a manner that should have been penalized? Theres footage out there of Doughty getting hit and not crying to the refs or snapping on the bench.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:39 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Cool. This relates to Doughy's comments how?

You pulled the Doan incident out of your ass for no apparent reason.
Did Doan and half the roster not whine last year after the series? Did Tippett not go out of his way ti whine after the last game?

Old
03-21-2013, 01:43 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Did Doughty hit Hall in a manner that should have been penalized? Theres footage out there of Doughty getting hit and not crying to the refs or snapping on the bench.
No Doughtys hit on Hall was clean, Hall didn't get a penalty by the way. It wasn't intentional and it almost looked like Doughty just skated into him.

I'm not saying Doughty cries every time he gets hit but I see him lose it more then most players. That one situation with Hall sticks out a lot. I couldn't believe his antics.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I don't think many players would appreciate getting an elbow/forearm to the face. Didn't seem like Cogliano enjoyed getting a face full of stick last night either. Doughty has visibly thrown a tantrum on how many occasions? You've never seen a player get pissed off for getting hit? Did you just start watching hockey?

Old
03-21-2013, 01:58 PM
VanCanucks14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Because he was right? He did stop and did end up apologizing to the officials for his tantrum and admitted that he got lost in the heat of the moment in the post game comments. Least he owned up to it.

As far as Doughty "whining," what exactly is he whining about? I guess some people see an opinion and voicing ones displeasure with a hockey team as whining now? I don't see any comments with Doughty making accusations and complaining afterwards about calls or cheap tactics.

He was led to a question by John Hoven who asked him (and he asked Sutter about this too and he didn't bite on it) if the Coyotes whine too much. And guess what, they do, at least after they play the Kings they tend to, and hey, even Doan admitted to it when he made reference about it in his post game comments.

Going back to Doughty's dislike for Vancouver, let's face it, those teams hate each other. Look at how upset they got when Brown destroyed Henrik Sedin along their bench. Burrows decided to be a tough guy and took on Anze Kopitar. Such courage on his part. Of course they got their panties twisted when Richards caught Burrows with an open ice hit as well. And to cap it off, the sequence that led to the overtime goal in Game 5. I seem to recall some people crying over a missed call on that play.

Needless to say, I'm sure Doughty isn't the only player in the league to have this opinion on Vancouver.
And Vancouver fans aren't the only ones to have this opinion on Doughty.

It's like talking to a wall when it comes to discussing the Canucks here. We don't do it more than any other team. And our players rarely whine to be honest. That's Gillis and AV mostly. People love to believe it though. It's worse for the Canucks because everyone constantly pays attention to them. Teams like LA don't get as much attention so obviously those teams get away with stuff that our players would be crucified for.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Cursed Lemon
Registered Bruiser

Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
It's time to get over it, the Canucks aren't any worse than any other team. Accept it. It's time.
Burrows, Kesler, Lapierre, and the Sedins say hi.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:04 PM
VanCanucks14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon View Post
Burrows, Kesler, Lapierre, and the Sedins say hi.
Sedins? No, just no. I can't believe how many people list them
Kesler? Yes.
Burrows? Has toned it down a ton.
Lappy? Toned it down as well.

I'm sure I can name players like this on every roster.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCanucks17 View Post
And Vancouver fans aren't the only ones to have this opinion on Doughty.

It's like talking to a wall when it comes to discussing the Canucks here. We don't do it more than any other team. And our players rarely whine to be honest. That's Gillis and AV mostly. People love to believe it though. It's worse for the Canucks because everyone constantly pays attention to them. Teams like LA don't get as much attention so obviously those teams get away with stuff that our players would be crucified for.
The team that just won the Stanley Cup doesn't get attention?

Old
03-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 3498
In my opinion Doughty is one of the biggest hypocrites in the NHL. He cries and whines about whining and diving but at the same time he excels at both.

03-21-2013, 02:11 PM
vanwest

I won't attack any fan base. I'll just point out how ironic it is to have a player whine about whining, regardless of who that player plays for.
Doughty should button it and work on his own game which is not up to par so far.
I think there's a difference between a player like Crosby saying he doesn't like a team which I have no problem with. I don't think either LA or Vancouver like each other and that's a fair comment.

Last edited by vanwest: 03-21-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old
03-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I won't attack any fan base. I'll just point out how ironic it is to have a player whine about whining, regardless of who that player plays for.
Doughty should button it and work on his own game which is not up to par so far.
Haven't watched many Kings games this year, eh? This is probably Doughty's best defensive season to date.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:18 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Most people in LA are pretty happy about what Drew is bringing this season. We have plenty of other defensiman who can put the puck in the net and his goals aren't missed.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:21 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Haven't watched many Kings games this year, eh? This is probably Doughty's best defensive season to date.
Ah, the old you don't watch my team retort.
I've watched him plenty. 1 goal and 11 asssists in 29 games is not a great season for Doughty.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:22 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopistar View Post
Funny, when you quote him without quoting the original question, then it does indeed sound like he's whining. But in fact, he's not.

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/03/dough...ch-as-canucks/

Don't see how that's whining, more like telling it like it is.

THIS is whining.

He also whined about Brown "diving" but failed to mention OEL and his Oscar worthy embellishment.
Second quote also looks like an honest assessment, rather than whining.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Leo W

Quote:
I've watched him plenty. 1 goal and 11 asssists in 29 games is not a great season for Doughty.
If the Kings were upset with the way Doughty is performing you wouldn't see us defending him for the 8 million dollars he is making. Doughty is off pace from his usual offensive production by not much at all, has been playing great defense, and is logging huge minutes. He's a defenseman, his job is to play defense. He's chipped in on the offensive side of things just fine so far.

Old
CoopALoop

Quote:
Defencemen, even offensive ones, shouldn't be based upon their point totals but more in the intangibles they bring to the ice. Doughty is a hell of a player and I would love to have him here.

But saying that he's only got 12 points in 19 games as a basis of a bad year isn't exactly a great argument...

Old
DingoAteMyBaby

Well this escalated quickly.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
In my opinion Doughty is one of the biggest hypocrites in the NHL. He cries and whines about whining and diving but at the same time he excels at both.
When does he "whine and cry" about whining and diving?

Old
03-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Shellz

Quote:
He will be the first one to tell you that he needs to score more. But, he's in a much different situation this season with Mitchell and Greene being out. Sutter has been VERY happy with Doughty. If he wasn't, he would say so.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
Defencemen, even offensive ones, shouldn't be based upon their point totals but more in the intangibles they bring to the ice. Doughty is a hell of a player and I would love to have him here.

But saying that he's only got 12 points in 19 games as a basis of a bad year isn't exactly a great argument...

And like you agree on Doughty, I agree that he shouldn't have thrown out some team names. I won't deny Doughty is a complainer and needs to grow up. However, every single team does it. EVERY TEAM. It's time to let this diving and complaining thing go, even though it obviously won't be.

Old
Shellz

I wouldn't want facts to get in the way though.

Old
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post

That's 29 games.
And i was going off remarks that your coach made about him earlier in the season when he was -10 after about 10 games.

Closed Thread