HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 02:25 PM
  #201
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
With Prust and Bourque back, our forward line-up looks DEEP. With Prust playing as good as he has been this year and having him potentially play on the fourth line, that's a really good thing. Now Armer's starting to step it up and Dumont is a good banger to have back there.

Patch - DD - Gally
Bourque - Pleks - Gio
Galchy - Lars - Ryder
Armstrong - White/Dumer - Prust

Prust can be interchangable to any of the lines. I'd like to see Bourque play with Larry and Galchenyuk for a game or two because I think they'd dominate, but I think he'll play on Pleky's line.


We did not get where we are today with Prust as a 4th liner.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 02:28 PM
  #202
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post


We did not get where we are today with Prust as a 4th liner.

What the hell can we do other then putting him on the 4th line???? Put Bourque or Eller instead of him?

EveryDay is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 02:34 PM
  #203
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
What the hell can we do other then putting him on the 4th line???? Put Bourque or Eller instead of him?
Look at the team dynamics and why the Habs are in first place.

If you overlook what Prust has done for the Habs, you are making a great mistake.

Prust has the same number of goals as Eller and one less than Bourque. Prust has the highest +/- on the team and is second with the number of hits.

Stop thinking of Prust as a fighter. His hockey skills and what he brings to this team and his linemates supercedes your perception of him as just a fighter.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 02:38 PM
  #204
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
What the hell can we do other then putting him on the 4th line???? Put Bourque or Eller instead of him?
Looks like MT is going to have to roll five lines . . .

JLP is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 02:40 PM
  #205
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Look at the team dynamics and why the Habs are in first place.

If you overlook what Prust has done for the Habs, you are making a great mistake.

Prust has the same number of goals as Eller and one less than Bourque. Prust has the highest +/- on the team and is second with the number of hits.

Stop thinking of Prust as a fighter. His hockey skills and what he brings to this team and his linemates supercedes your perception of him as just a fighter.
Agree with you at 100% but we can't put Galchenyuk Bourque or Eller on the 4th line to make space for Prust no matter what.

EveryDay is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 02:42 PM
  #206
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Look at the team dynamics and why the Habs are in first place.

If you overlook what Prust has done for the Habs, you are making a great mistake.

Prust has the same number of goals as Eller and one less than Bourque. Prust has the highest +/- on the team and is second with the number of hits.

Stop thinking of Prust as a fighter. His hockey skills and what he brings to this team and his linemates supercedes your perception of him as just a fighter.
Even if Prust plays fourth line he'll still play lots of minutes on the penalty kill. Currently only Gallagher, Moen, Armstrong and White average less time a game at even strength than Prust.

We'll still likely see Prust moved up at end of games to help hold leads in place of younger guys like Galachenyuk/Gallagher or weaker defensive players like Ryder.

Either way its a nice problem to have, less than 12 months ago we had guys like Darche/Blunden/White/Geoffrion in our top six.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 02:47 PM
  #207
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Look at the team dynamics and why the Habs are in first place.

If you overlook what Prust has done for the Habs, you are making a great mistake.

Prust has the same number of goals as Eller and one less than Bourque. Prust has the highest +/- on the team and is second with the number of hits.

Stop thinking of Prust as a fighter. His hockey skills and what he brings to this team and his linemates supercedes your perception of him as just a fighter.
I see your point of view and I value Prust highly as well but he doesn't deserve to push anyone out of our top 9 currently and who said the 4th has to be a good/fighter line? Who's been scoring goals for us lately? Army.
Who's been creating energy and standing up for his teamates? White
Who has been surprisingly good on the 3rd/4th line as well as providing great energy?
Prust

(2A) Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gally [Gally and Pacs are developing crazy chemistry / Not a fan of 2 midgets on one line but it works as Gally plays like he is 6'2]
(2B) Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta [Veteran presence that can get dirty and score goals while being defensively responsible]
(2C) Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder [Eller makes space / Chuckie dirty dangles and sets up Ryder]
(3) Prust - White - Armstrong [Energy line/can still chip in some goals]
Moen

Markov-Subban
Diaz-Gorges
Bouillon-Emelin
Kaberle

This should be our line-up when healthy.

Avim86 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 02:51 PM
  #208
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
I see your point of view and I value Prust highly as well but he doesn't deserve to push anyone out of our top 9 currently and who said the 4th has to be a good/fighter line? Who's been scoring goals for us lately? Army.
Who's been creating energy and standing up for his teamates? White
Who has been surprisingly good on the 3rd/4th line as well as providing great energy?
Prust

(2A) Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gally [Gally and Pacs are developing crazy chemistry / Not a fan of 2 midgets on one line but it works as Gally plays like he is 6'2]
(2B) Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta [Veteran presence that can get dirty and score goals while being defensively responsible]
(2C) Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder [Eller makes space / Chuckie dirty dangles and sets up Ryder]
(3) Prust - White - Armstrong [Energy line/can still chip in some goals]
Moen

Markov-Subban
Diaz-Gorges
Bouillon-Emelin
Kaberle

This should be our line-up when healthy.
No way we split Emelin and Markov....

EveryDay is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 03:02 PM
  #209
Milosch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 44
vCash: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
I see your point of view and I value Prust highly as well but he doesn't deserve to push anyone out of our top 9 currently and who said the 4th has to be a good/fighter line? Who's been scoring goals for us lately? Army.
Who's been creating energy and standing up for his teamates? White
Who has been surprisingly good on the 3rd/4th line as well as providing great energy?
Prust

(2A) Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gally [Gally and Pacs are developing crazy chemistry / Not a fan of 2 midgets on one line but it works as Gally plays like he is 6'2]
(2B) Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta [Veteran presence that can get dirty and score goals while being defensively responsible]
(2C) Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder [Eller makes space / Chuckie dirty dangles and sets up Ryder]
(3) Prust - White - Armstrong [Energy line/can still chip in some goals]
Moen

Markov-Subban
Diaz-Gorges
Bouillon-Emelin
Kaberle

This should be our line-up when healthy.
I would also play Prust as the center on the 4th and play Moen and Arm/White as wingers. Moen provides a capable PKer. And before people say Moen doesnt fight and White does, Moen also hasnt taken mistimed penalties like White has this year.

Milosch is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:40 PM
  #210
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
I see your point of view and I value Prust highly as well but he doesn't deserve to push anyone out of our top 9 currently and who said the 4th has to be a good/fighter line? Who's been scoring goals for us lately? Army.
Who's been creating energy and standing up for his teamates? White
Who has been surprisingly good on the 3rd/4th line as well as providing great energy?
Prust

(2A) Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gally [Gally and Pacs are developing crazy chemistry / Not a fan of 2 midgets on one line but it works as Gally plays like he is 6'2]
(2B) Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta [Veteran presence that can get dirty and score goals while being defensively responsible]
(2C) Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder [Eller makes space / Chuckie dirty dangles and sets up Ryder]
(3) Prust - White - Armstrong [Energy line/can still chip in some goals]
Moen

Markov-Subban
Diaz-Gorges
Bouillon-Emelin
Kaberle

This should be our line-up when healthy.
You are forgetting one thing. Prust would not push anyone out of the top 9 since Prust played on the top 9 before he was injured.

You do realize that Galchenyuk has only had 1 point since Prust was injured?

You also realize that Galchenyuk has only 4 shots in 4 games with Prust out? And 3 of those shots came in the last game and TWO games he did not even have a single shot.

People forget so quickly what Prust does for our young players like Galchenyuk.

You might not miss Prust on the 3rd line. Galchenyuk does.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:43 PM
  #211
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,488
vCash: 500
Too much emphasis on ranking our lines 1 through 4, IMO. Every line has had decent ice time, because every line has been our best line, depending on the game. The theme of this year is "Depth". Prust will get plenty of ice time, no matter where he's slotted.

Lshap is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:49 PM
  #212
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,917
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You are forgetting one thing. Prust would not push anyone out of the top 9 since Prust played on the top 9 before he was injured.
We've been missing a top 9 forward though. Gallagher missed a week, which put Eller in the top 9 permanently, then Bourque went out the game Gallagher came back.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:53 PM
  #213
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Too much emphasis on ranking our lines 1 through 4, IMO. Every line has had decent ice time, because every line has been our best line, depending on the game. The theme of this year is "Depth". Prust will get plenty of ice time, no matter where he's slotted.
Awesome. But untrue.

All I have to do is start a thread with the suggestion that Eller play on the 4th line with Moen and White/Armstrong because we have a lot of depth and that he will get plenty of ice time.

Have any idea how that would work out?

You are thinking in terms of ice time. I am thinking in terms of how well Prust has been with regard to production of whoever is playing on his line, Galchenyuk as a great example.

Team first.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
We've been missing a top 9 forward though. Gallagher missed a week, which put Eller in the top 9 permanently, then Bourque went out the game Gallagher came back.
I see. Just because Prust was hustling his ass off to prevent an icing call and injured his shoulder, he should be demoted down to the 4th line for the first time all season.

Not following the rationale behind that decision.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:55 PM
  #214
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Awesome. But untrue.

All I have to do is start a thread with the suggestion that Eller play on the 4th line with Moen and White/Armstrong because we have a lot of depth and that he will get plenty of ice time.

Have any idea how that would work out?
Not surprised at all you used Eller as an example.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:58 PM
  #215
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You do realize that Galchenyuk has only had 1 point since Prust was injured?
That doesn't tell the whole story though, Eller and Galchenyuk have been some of our best players every night with or without Prust. I'd rather have Prust there then Armstrong or Moen sure, but you know as well as the rest of us do that points don't tell the whole story.

Prust's main work is in his own end and on the penalty kill, demoting Eller over Prust makes no sense, sorry.

Don't worry, he's the first in line to get moved up, but this team's 4th line has a very difficult role and throwing a skill player to get pinned in his own end so the great Prust can put up the occasional point just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Et le But is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 06:08 PM
  #216
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
That doesn't tell the whole story though, Eller and Galchenyuk have been some of our best players every night with or without Prust. I'd rather have Prust there then Armstrong or Moen sure, but you know as well as the rest of us do that points don't tell the whole story.

Prust's main work is in his own end and on the penalty kill, demoting Eller over Prust makes no sense, sorry.

Don't worry, he's the first in line to get moved up, but this team's 4th line has a very difficult role and throwing a skill player to get pinned in his own end so the great Prust can put up the occasional point just doesn't make a lot of sense.
This is the injury thread. I pretty much answer this post on the Prust thread.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 06:10 PM
  #217
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Not surprised at all you used Eller as an example.
I dont want Eller on the 4th. Eller, Prust and Chuckie is a GREAT line.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 08:39 PM
  #218
FeelsLike93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
So are we getting Prust, Diaz and Bourque back for our big games next week against Pittsburgh and Boston?

FeelsLike93 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:33 PM
  #219
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
If you overlook what Prust has done for the Habs, you are making a great mistake.
Prust has been amazing. He works hard, he is physical, he is a decent player. He is also pretty smart. He doesn't take penalties left and right. He is able to draw penalties. He knows when to hold back.

Can't wait to see Prust and Bourque back in the lineup.

andy28 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:48 PM
  #220
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,917
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
So are we getting Prust, Diaz and Bourque back for our big games next week against Pittsburgh and Boston?
Diaz, nope.

The other 2 possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I see. Just because Prust was hustling his ass off to prevent an icing call and injured his shoulder, he should be demoted down to the 4th line for the first time all season.

Not following the rationale behind that decision.
So who are you sending to the 4th instead?

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:03 PM
  #221
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Diaz, nope.

The other 2 possibly.



So who are you sending to the 4th instead?
Maybe Ryder (4th line + PP1) against tougher/rougher teams?

EDIT:

You can do it sporadically to make sure Prust receives 14-15 minutes of ice-time. Btw, with a healthy line-up, I also think that Prust will end up on 4th; I just hope for more than regular 4th line duties.


Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 03-21-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:32 PM
  #222
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Diaz, nope.

The other 2 possibly.



So who are you sending to the 4th instead?
Bourque.

Ryder is a sniper. Gionta is the Captain and playing good hockey. Gallagher is on fire. Pacioretty, dont even think about it. Galchenyuk would be wasted and he has great chemistry with Prust. Eller would cause HFBoards to crash and Eller is a great fit with Prust and Chuckie.

That leaves Bourque who has been good but not great.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:52 AM
  #223
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
(2A) Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gally [Gally and Pacs are developing crazy chemistry / Not a fan of 2 midgets on one line but it works as Gally plays like he is 6'2]
(2B) Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta [Veteran presence that can get dirty and score goals while being defensively responsible]
(2C) Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder [Eller makes space / Chuckie dirty dangles and sets up Ryder]
(3) Prust - White - Armstrong [Energy line/can still chip in some goals]
Moen

Markov-Subban
Diaz-Gorges
Bouillon-Emelin
Kaberle

This should be our line-up when healthy.
In the not too distant future, this is what I would like to see, just waiting for the day Galchy can earn his C spot for good. Assuming that if this is next year, the necessary re-signings are done, or similar replacement players are found.

(1) Eller- Plekanec - Gionta (2-way line with toughest minutes)
(2A) Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher (Offensive juggernaut)
(2C) Bourque - Desharnais - Ryder (sheltered minutes)
(3) Moen - Prust - Armstrong (secondary defensive line)
White

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
Diaz-Bouillon
Weber

This should be our line-up when healthy

BaseballCoach is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:56 AM
  #224
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,155
vCash: 500
What a great problem to have!! can't remember the last time we had this kind of depth for FORWARDS (all thanks to the maturity of Gallagher and Galchenyuk).

As a GM or coach of the Habs...I'd insist that Bourque and Prust take their time

(and it does make sense for them to wait a bit more...we're winning...we want a 100% fresh Bourque and 100% Prust....I want them to be ready/fresh for the playoffs).

Last thing I want:
for Prust to separate a shoulder during or right before playoffs.
For Bourque to get another concussion or more symptoms.
Let them rest longer...I don't want them to comeback right now...tell them to take their time. Bourque, Prust, Diaz...they really should take their time...it'll be worth it to come back a 100% instead of 75% or 80% only.


Bourque-Pleks-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Ryder/Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller/Prust-Gallagher/Ryder
Prust-White-Moen/Armstrong


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-22-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:28 AM
  #225
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,723
vCash: 500
We have great balance, and hopefully these guys get back soon, but the one thing MT seems to have done well this year, is distribute ice time very well.......as to who is on what line, it's a pleasant problem guys...if we get healthy, and the TOI is split, no one should be worn down come playoff time...

BLONG7 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.