HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Francis Bouillon will miss first month

Old
08-04-2006, 12:00 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
While I wish he was going to be ready, I don't see replacing his minutes as a big issue. He plays 3rd pairing ld. His big minute games were most probably while Markov was out. So Souray plays about 22, Markov about 24 [min.], that leaves 14 for Streit,Cote or whoever. No reason to presume a guy would have to play big minutes. Obviously if someone else goes down,things change, but the todd Simpson's of the world can be found short term. How do you add a contract when it becomes redundant when he gets back ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
We also played mostly teams under .500 during that time.
Ooohhhh, we played 8 games against sub .500 and 7 against those above .500 and of those sub .500 teams we played Washington twice who finished the season playing above .500 hockey.

Hab at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
you are telling me you thought boullion didint play well last year playoffs? the defnese had nothing to do with us losing to carolina period!

the fowards couldnt score that's the problem .

that 11-4 stat when he was out is as usless as 3 month old bread to be honest it means nothing
Whatever, anyone ignorant enough to ignore blatant statistical facts isn't worth discussing anything with.

Just for your info those usless 3 month old bread stats are what got us into the playoffs.

Hab at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:04 PM

Quote:
so where's all the dont worry he'll be ready for camp guys now ?

now it's dont worry he only out for the first 11 games ....lolol

i said from day 1 when he had the surgery to look for a replacement for frank ...

as for mark streit some think tendonitis is a simple thing to get rid of..let me suggest having it in BOTH knees is something that is serious ... IT CAN REQUIRE SURGERY

bob will have to make a move that is certian and lets hope franks knee heals properly and doest require more surgery

the lack of respect for boullion and what he means to the club is amazing to me .
the guy on many night logged 25 mins a game .. there was even a few where he had 30 minutess a night ... again i like cote but to anyone who thinks he can eats boullion minutes your dreaming
Those games he logged 30 mins was becoz we were missing half of our defense, either way...Bouillon is better when used 15 to 18 mins a game, as soon as he gets too much icetime, he wears down over the long haul.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Those games he logged 30 mins was becoz we were missing half of our defense, either way...Bouillon is better when used 15 to 18 mins a game, as soon as he gets too much icetime, he wears down over the long haul.
.i was saying that last season how they were over playing boullion and he was going to wear out .

your missing the point

regardless if you like Bouillon or you dont

Bouillon is vesertile enuff to be able to play 27 to 32 mins if he has too

jp cote , mark striet or even Komo couldnt do this last season .

thats all im saying . go have a look how many game's komo played over 20 mins last season .. you'll be able to count them on 1 hand 3 games . might be diffrent this year will see

love frank or hate frank you still got to respect him

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 08-04-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it View Post
Whatever, anyone ignorant enough to ignore blatant statistical facts isn't worth discussing anything with.

Just for your info those usless 3 month old bread stats are what got us into the playoffs.

toronto maple leafs went on a big winning streak when matts sundin was out ...

are they better off without sundin ..?

and my 3 day old bread comment .. i think you took that the wrong way .

the team decided to pick up there play and make a run for the playoffs . it had nothing to do with boullion being out .

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 08-04-2006 at 12:29 PM.
Old
08-04-2006, 12:37 PM
SuperUnknown

Streit and Cote will be able to pick up the slack anyway. We're talking about replacing a bottom pairing dmen here.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
.i was saying that last season how they were over playing boullion and he was going to wear out .

your missing the point

jp cote , mark striet or even Komo could do this last season .

thats all im saying . go have a look how many game's komo played over 20 mins last season .. you'll be able to count them on 1 hand 3 games . might be diffrent this year will see

Hey, i'm not disagreeing with you at all...i've been known around here as kind of a "Bouillon hater" but I have to admit that he's grown on me, he's established himself as a legit NHL player, something I doubted prior to the season he has last year.

However, be that as it may...he's still a bottom pairing # 6 type of guy, the only reason he played alot of minutes this past year was because Souray didn't really have a good year, especially in the first half, so on the left side Markov and Bouillon ate up most of those minutes early on. Bouillon was great in the second half, but his played dropped considerably afterwards.

I respect Bouillon a great deal, he plays for the Habs...the only Hab i've ever really hated, was Patrice Brisebois...Bouillon's a great Hab

But to me, Bouillon, Streit and Cote are all the same to me...neither of them should be playing over 20 mins, and if any of them are, it means we're in trouble. out of all those 3, I personally think Streit is the one who has the highest capacity to improve, Bouillon is pretty much the same player he's been since he first played for the habs, he just had more opportunities to showcase his skills last year.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Greatguru

I don'T understand you guyz puting so much hope on Coté.. It's doubtful taht he will be a nhl regular one day. He looks like Todd Simpson, big, turtle slow, no offensive skills. The only difference is that he don'T fight. Coté only played games last year cause of the lack of depth at defense of our Glorious. Don't count on him to do what bouillon can do.. The only thing the both have in common is their hearth but thats it..

Greatguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatguru View Post
I don'T understand you guyz puting so much hope on Coté.. It's doubtful taht he will be a nhl regular one day. He looks like Todd Simpson, big, turtle slow, no offensive skills. The only difference is that he don'T fight. Coté only played games last year cause of the lack of depth at defense of our Glorious. Don't count on him to do what bouillon can do.. The only thing the both have in common is their hearth but thats it..
I agree on every point...I was never that high on Coté. He's a good kid to have around, but nothing more. Maybe he can become a legit NHLer sometime, but he's not there yet...

And welcome on the board!"!!

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:52 PM
gars59

Please emelin comme

gars59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Le depisteur

Confirmed by RDS... Bouillon will miss at least the first month of the season...

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/209985.html

Go Steretch Go!!!

Le depisteur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 01:46 PM
chippenduff

Quote:
toronto maple leafs went on a big winning streak when matts sundin was out ...

are they better off without sundin ..?
And we made the playoffs without Koivu 3 or 4 years ago... I still want him on my team...

chippenduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 02:00 PM
BORAT

This whole Bouillon and sometimes Rivet thing reminds me of Karl Dykhuis ... I mean I remember when everyone was talking about how unbelievable Karl Dykhuis was, how he was their future Rock on the Blue line ...

I mean sure I like Bouillon he's a great Hockey Player , he has a good hockey sense, Hits hard and occasionaly puts it in the net ...

But Geez I sure hope one day we find the next Larry Robinson ... cause I'm a bit tired of depending on the Bouillon's of this world ...

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 02:06 PM
HabuseMoi

I just think we're lucky of having a sixth defesemen with as much heart as Francis Bouillon even thought he is not a huge piece of the puzzle

those applauding the loss of the guy kinda make me feel sick. It's not like there's anybody better than him right now that is not on the lineup.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 02:20 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:

your missing the point

jp cote , mark striet or even Komo couldnt do this last season .

It's got little to do with lack of respect for Bouillon, most Habs fans are on his side and are happy he stayed. You maintain people are 'missing the point' about the minutes Bouillon logged last year... I think you should take a step back and see that you are also missing the point everyone is trying to make to you - Bouillon played big minutes because he filled in (not too badly either) for other DMen who would normally have played those minutes. At this stage of the (off) season, Bouoillon isn't looked at to provide 30 minutes a game starting in game one, more like 15. This is why everyone says it's not a big dael, and you are mistaking that for lack of respect.

And even if you don't think that Streit or Cote can fill in for Bouillon, if Habs management agrees with you they could easily dress 7 Dmen, and have Streit and Cote split the difference on the third pairing with 8 minutes apiece or so. I think either of them could handle that easily.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 02:24 PM
eddy

It's not so bad, Bouillion isn't exactly a vital part of the squad. It should give Streit a good shot to prove himself as well, and Cote's chances just got a lot better.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Le depisteur

Bouillon out for 3 months...

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...006/CPSPORTS01

Le depisteur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 03:00 PM
AH

Everyone knows Doug is the most trade happy person on this board. This is just another reason to futher his agenda, even though it will be the start of the season and everyone will be able to play 25+ minutes due to their freshness. This injury would be an issue if it happenned late in the season when players start to breakdown if they play too much.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
It's got little to do with lack of respect for Bouillon, most Habs fans are on his side and are happy he stayed. You maintain people are 'missing the point' about the minutes Bouillon logged last year... I think you should take a step back and see that you are also missing the point everyone is trying to make to you - Bouillon played big minutes because he filled in (not too badly either) for other DMen who would normally have played those minutes. At this stage of the (off) season, Bouoillon isn't looked at to provide 30 minutes a game starting in game one, more like 15. This is why everyone says it's not a big dael, and you are mistaking that for lack of respect.

And even if you don't think that Streit or Cote can fill in for Bouillon, if Habs management agrees with you they could easily dress 7 Dmen, and have Streit and Cote split the difference on the third pairing with 8 minutes apiece or so. I think either of them could handle that easily.

no i dont think it got anything to do with me misunderstanding .

you guys can say boullion is easily replacable which is true if you TRADE outside the orginazation

to say Bouillion is replacable within our orginazation at this current time ........ ill never buy it

dont get me wrong i dont rank Bouillion up there with Bobby Orr
and yes he is a number 5 or 6 defensemen BUT if the reason Bouillion played 20 to 32 mins a game close to 40 times last year was because he was filling in for other defesemen that were injured thats great.

why couldnt Mark Streit or Mike Komisarek play 20 to 30 minutes a night instead of Bouillion?

ill never argue the fact Bouillion cant be replaced because he can outside our orginazation . as i said maybe komo can play more minutes this year but then again maybe he wont . will see ..

all i know is Bouillion the so called "number 5 or 6 defensmen "
played close to 40 games over 20 mins a night

Mike Komisarek played 3 games over 20 mins the entire season

to listen to how easy it will be for him to be replaced with striet (who also might need surgery ) and cote is quite laughable

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 08-04-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old
08-04-2006, 03:21 PM
madbox

Awesome.

However, looking forward to what Streit can do- hopfully healthy, and Cote getting in some games as well. I liked what I saw from him last season.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 03:35 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
no i dont think it got anything to do with me misunderstanding .

you guys can say boullion is easily replacable which is true if you TRADE outside the orginazation

to say Bouillion is replacable within our orginazation at this current time ........ ill never buy it

dont get me wrong i dont rank Bouillion up there with Bobby Orr
and yes he is a number 5 or 6 defensemen BUT if the reason Bouillion played 20 to 32 mins a game close to 40 times last year was because he was filling in for other defesemen that were injured thats great.

why couldnt Mark Streit or Mike Komisarek play 20 to 30 minutes a night instead of Bouillion?

ill never argue the fact Bouillion cant be replaced because he can outside our orginazation . as i said maybe komo can play more minutes this year but then again maybe he wont . will see ..

all i know is Bouillion the so called "number 5 or 6 defensmen "
played close to 40 games over 20 mins a night

Mike Komisarek played 3 games over 20 mins the entire season

to listen to how easy it will be for him to be replaced with striet (who also might need surgery also ) and cote is quite laughable

Well, I could easily say that maybe Streit and Komisarek didn't play 20-30 minutes per night on occasion because they never got a chance to. Guess what: If Bouillon hadn't been there then one of them WOULD have played big minutes. And if they had, and one of them was injured a la Bouillon, I'd be saying the exact same thing - at this point there is no necessity for any of these guys to be putting in 30 minutes a game.

I know you'll never change your tune - you never do. I was just trying to show you that you don't need to get testy about a lack of respect for Bouillon around here. He is what he is - a #5-6 dman who showed last season that he can play more for stints if required. IT'S NOT REQUIRED RIGHT NOW.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Everyone knows Doug is the most trade happy person on this board. This is just another reason to futher his agenda, even though it will be the start of the season and everyone will be able to play 25+ minutes due to their freshness. This injury would be an issue if it happenned late in the season when players start to breakdown if they play too much.

ya well although it seem like im trade happy there's nothing wrong with trying to improve your club .players are going to be on the move ALOT MORE now isnt that plain to see?

you'll soon see that alot of these fimilar faces GONE some we have took so long to develop will be granted big salarys under the new nhl arb process and will be gone with in the first 3 or 4 years of there nhl careers !!!.

you think Ryder wont get 5 million a season next year in arbration?

what about Ribs ? if dumout got 2.9 ribs has to be worth some where close to that .

you think Markov wont get .5 million next year in arbration?

Plekanec he is a rfa end of this season whats he goona be worth alot more than the 690,000 he making now

Rivet and Souray will be in for big raises from there current 2.3 and 2.4 million dollars a year.sure you can let them go and sign 2 other defenmen but try to find 2 guys on the open market that can atleast play as well as them for less than there current 2.3 and 2.4 million a year there currently making ..good luck you seen the salrays this year

im telling ya get used to it . think more like Brian Burke and less with your heart and welcome to the new nhl .

everyone felt sorry for buffalo but montreals turn is coming next year . i can only imagine the whining that will be going on when Ryder gets 5 million . the 1 year deal will come back to haunt us

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 08-04-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old
08-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Well, I could easily say that maybe Streit and Komisarek didn't play 20-30 minutes per night on occasion because they never got a chance to. Guess what: If Bouillon hadn't been there then one of them WOULD have played big minutes. And if they had, and one of them was injured a la Bouillon, I'd be saying the exact same thing - at this point there is no necessity for any of these guys to be putting in 30 minutes a game.

I know you'll never change your tune - you never do. I was just trying to show you that you don't need to get testy about a lack of respect for Bouillon around here. He is what he is - a #5-6 dman who showed last season that he can play more for stints if required. IT'S NOT REQUIRED RIGHT NOW.

so your saying Streit /Komo were never given the chance to play 20 to 30 minutes a night 40 times last year instead of Boullion now why was that? why did head coach GAINEY choose to give Boullion big minutes over Streit /Komo ?

according to the "la press" boullions out for 3 months now
are ya a gambler? my bet is as i said all along since Boullion went in for surgery GAINEY makes a move ..

lets see if im correct as i pointed out before VISH from the ducks as his replacment is making alot more sense that it every did .

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 08-04-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old
08-04-2006, 04:02 PM
True_Canadiens

Weird... he sign his new contract and then he had a surgery.... Why waiting 7 long weeks.

True_Canadiens is offline   Reply With Quote