HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 2 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 03:12 PM
  #976
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
*sigh* I miss Lapierre. He was a form of psychological warfare that should be banned by the Geneva Convention, but he had the heart in the right place.
When you say that, are you aware that on the main board, several Canucks fans have proclaimed him the "most useless player on the team" this season so far? Apparently does nothing to contribute and physically is a non-factor at this point.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 03:33 PM
  #977
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
When you say that, are you aware that on the main board, several Canucks fans have proclaimed him the "most useless player on the team" this season so far? Apparently does nothing to contribute and physically is a non-factor at this point.
He's a 4th line player, most fanbases hate on the 4th liners when their actual team and their actual coach doesn't show up. Look at all the hate Moen and Armdog get, even though they're only tiny pieces of the puzzle.

I think Lapierre would thrive in Montreal with some responsibilities, he's not a bad hockey player by any means. And the Canucks are the sorriest bunch of losers I've ever seen, their fans are even worse.

WhiskeySeven* is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 03:36 PM
  #978
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
From all the games I saw, Murray is pretty terrible. I know a lot of SJ fans want him gone (some saying for free even), and I fear he may be way past his best before date.
I watched the san jose game last night He has really fallin off, he is as slow as hall gill, the oiler forwards blew past him for 2-1's at will, on top of that he took a stupid penelty. I really don't see him adding much to the team

DJ Breadman is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 03:38 PM
  #979
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
He's a 4th line player, most fanbases hate on the 4th liners when their actual team and their actual coach doesn't show up. Look at all the hate Moen and Armdog get, even though they're only tiny pieces of the puzzle.

I think Lapierre would thrive in Montreal with some responsibilities, he's not a bad hockey player by any means. And the Canucks are the sorriest bunch of losers I've ever seen, their fans are even worse.
Now now... I think they've got some inside on Lapierre play that we just don't have. Plus, it's not like if the situation was completely new to anyone. For long stretches, we could see Lapierre being completely useless on the ice, playing uninspired hockey, and refusing to play physical. In fact, it happened quite often. This is why we ended up dealing him away for scraps.

He's doing the same thing all over again in Vancouver now. There's a reason why, as you say, the Canucks are "the sorriest bunch of losers" you've ever seen. And a guy like Lapierre is one of the factors why.

Sure, he looks like the toy you don't have right now. He looks better than he actually is, we miss the good he COULD bring to this team. But Lapierre's inconsistency and refusal to get involved game in and game out has always, and still is an issue with him.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 03:45 PM
  #980
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Now now... I think they've got some inside on Lapierre play that we just don't have. Plus, it's not like if the situation was completely new to anyone. For long stretches, we could see Lapierre being completely useless on the ice, playing uninspired hockey, and refusing to play physical. In fact, it happened quite often. This is why we ended up dealing him away for scraps.

He's doing the same thing all over again in Vancouver now. There's a reason why, as you say, the Canucks are "the sorriest bunch of losers" you've ever seen. And a guy like Lapierre is one of the factors why.

Sure, he looks like the toy you don't have right now. He looks better than he actually is, we miss the good he COULD bring to this team. But Lapierre's inconsistency and refusal to get involved game in and game out has always, and still is an issue with him.
He was ace under Carbonneau who didn't neuter him. He's a good PKer and a good energy player - I've followed him closely. Jacques dicked him around and I'm sure Vigneault is doing the same. He's a player that thrives when he gets MORE responsibilities not less. In juniors his role was to piss off Crosby and play against him. He's a Montrealer too, and he bleeds Bleu-Blanc-Rouge. He should be here.

The Nucks are failing because their coach is awful (seriously, he's bad) and their players are always injured.

WhiskeySeven* is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 03:47 PM
  #981
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
He was ace under Carbonneau who didn't neuter him. He's a good PKer and a good energy player - I've followed him closely. Jacques dicked him around and I'm sure Vigneault is doing the same. He's a player that thrives when he gets MORE responsibilities not less. In juniors his role was to piss off Crosby and play against him. He's a Montrealer too, and he bleeds Bleu-Blanc-Rouge. He should be here.

The Nucks are failing because their coach is awful (seriously, he's bad) and their players are always injured.
Carbonneau was using him 17 minutes some nights. If he needs that much ice time to be an adequate player, he's never going to play for a successful team.

As for bleeding red white and blue, well he proved it wasn't THAT much the case when he requested a trade to get out of Montreal. Plus, if anybody knows Lapierre well, it's Vigneault. He coached him in juniors and now is having him as an NHLer.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 04:05 PM
  #982
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Lapierre is too inconsistent. Probably the worst quality you could have as a bottom 6er.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 04:21 PM
  #983
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
We need to go after Ryan Whitney in Edmonton and Max Talbot in Philadelphia for a solid playoff run.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder
Prust - Talbot - Armstrong
Moen
White
Dumont

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Diaz - Tinordi
Whitney
Bouillon

Price
Budaj


DEPTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WestIslander is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 04:25 PM
  #984
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
We need to go after Ryan Whitney in Edmonton and Max Talbot in Philadelphia for a solid playoff run.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder
Prust - Talbot - Armstrong
Moen
White
Dumont

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Diaz - Tinordi
Whitney
Bouillon

Price
Budaj


DEPTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please... not Ryan Whitney. Why would we want to give up anything for someone that has a slim chance of helping us and who will be gone next year. That idea sounds like the Gainey days all over again.

HCH is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 04:25 PM
  #985
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
We need to go after Ryan Whitney in Edmonton and Max Talbot in Philadelphia for a solid playoff run.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder
Prust - Talbot - Armstrong
Moen
White
Dumont

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Diaz - Tinordi
Whitney
Bouillon

Price
Budaj


DEPTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
K, you'd want the Habs to trade assets for Whitney so he can be scratched ? makes sense

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 04:44 PM
  #986
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
K, you'd want the Habs to trade assets for Whitney so he can be scratched ? makes sense
Welcome to March, where Whitney has had 7 points in his last 10 games while being -4 on an awful Oilers defensive team and logging just under 20 minutes a game

Not that I want Whitney, but to laugh at this guy's argument without checking up the facts is kind of... ordinary.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 04:48 PM
  #987
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Welcome to March, where Whitney has had 7 points in his last 10 games while being -4 on an awful Oilers defensive team and logging just under 20 minutes a game

Not that I want Whitney, but to laugh at this guy's argument without checking up the facts is kind of... ordinary.
really ? guess I'm the only one who noticed that the guy put Whitney as a 7TH D (you know, the player who is scratched when everyone's healthy)... dont care if the player has a hundred points in his last two games, if he's not playing he's of no use... not getting that IS ordinary.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:02 PM
  #988
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
really ? guess I'm the only one who noticed that the guy put Whitney as a 7TH D (you know, the player who is scratched when everyone's healthy)... dont care if the player has a hundred points in his last two games, if he's not playing he's of no use... not getting that IS ordinary.
In a fire sale, as an insurance policy in case of injuries (because you know, that can happen quite often in the playoffs... in case you were still stuck in your wonderland where injuries never happen and tough play doesn't exist), the move still would be logical, and frankly, it wouldn't be the first time a team stockpiles some NHL calibre d-men on their squad before the deadline, especially when the said d-man is a UFA...

Getting dramatic about getting a player whose contract comes to an end and who could be a serviceable replacement if Diaz is out for longer than expected (because you know, that also is a possibility), is even worst.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:59 PM
  #989
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,111
vCash: 500
The 3 players who I'd most like to see come to the Habs in order are:

Tomas Kopecky
Max Talbot
Paul Gaustad

I think all are character guys who can fit right into our team and make us play bigger and grittier.

shutehinside is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:09 PM
  #990
durojean
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 978
vCash: 500
I remember Whitney playing real good for Therrien in pittsburgh.

durojean is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:13 PM
  #991
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,175
vCash: 500
Don't know why, but i think that MB is seriously looking at Morrow in Dallas... Could come cheap and be a good playoff warrior.

Hannibal is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:17 PM
  #992
durojean
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 978
vCash: 500
If Talbot is available we should make a push. A fouth line with Prust and Talbot would be sick.

A team full of warrior. Plus tgat makes 2 guy that could contribute on the other lines in case of injuries.

Prust Dumont Talbot ?

durojean is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:19 PM
  #993
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
In a fire sale, as an insurance policy in case of injuries (because you know, that can happen quite often in the playoffs... in case you were still stuck in your wonderland where injuries never happen and tough play doesn't exist), the move still would be logical, and frankly, it wouldn't be the first time a team stockpiles some NHL calibre d-men on their squad before the deadline, especially when the said d-man is a UFA...

Getting dramatic about getting a player whose contract comes to an end and who could be a serviceable replacement if Diaz is out for longer than expected (because you know, that also is a possibility), is even worst.
whos dramatic?

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:26 PM
  #994
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,466
vCash: 500
We are almost at 1000 posts, I'm going to close this.

Et le But is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.