Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chia's biggest mistake as a Bruins GM

Old
03-21-2013, 11:46 AM
bb_fan

vCash: 500
i'd be perfectly happy with putting lucic on the 4th line for a bit and someone reminding him that he's not a finesse player and that he is one of the top earners on the team.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:50 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
You mean the types of threads where someone misses an obvious joke and looks like an ass?

Then yes, this is now one of those threads.
EverettMike, gets the two minute minor and ten minute misconduct for unintentional trolling...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:52 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
i'd be perfectly happy with putting lucic on the 4th line for a bit and someone reminding him that he's not a finesse player and that he is one of the top earners on the team.
What is Lucic's role? If it's to score goals, then maybe he needs to concetrate on that and less of the physical side. He seems like he is multitasking too much right now...jack of all trades, master of none at this moment.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Selke37
Bear since 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalus View Post
And everybody here is stupid for not picking the following Mass Millions numbers on th 19t: 3-6-14-21-37. What were you all thinking?
- it is called hindsight bias and this tread is LOADED . In general i am happy with Chia he got us a pot and we still have a pool of young players keeping us competetive for years.

Selke37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:59 AM
TSC*
KPD IS ADB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Red Sox seemed to try the whole loyalty to the core thing and look where it got them.... I like having a core to root for and not a revolving cycle of players each year but too much complacency isn't going to win another Cup.
No, they didn't. The let Damon, Pedro, Lowe all walk. Same with Foulke and Bellhorn.

You're wrong.

TSC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
We attack at 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
What is Lucic's role? If it's to score goals, then maybe he needs to concetrate on that and less of the physical side. He seems like he is multitasking too much right now...jack of all trades, master of none at this moment.
If he focuses too much on scoring goals, he gets called out for not being physical.

If he focuses too much physicality, he gets called out for not scoring enough.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:21 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
An enormous amount of his value is tied up in the ability to do both.

That being said, with regression to the mean of him and Horton's career shooting percentages they're both having 60 point pace seasons to go along with Krejci's 70 pt. pace.

The line that needs fixing is the 3rd. The team is built (series of 60-70 point guys) to be a 3 line team, right now it's 2. You can't have a "deep" team that features Pandolfo, Bourque, and Caron.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Therick67

Quote:
This is the problem. When he's hitting & fighting, he should be scoring...when he's scroring he should be hitting & fighting. He's never going to make fans happy.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
You mean the types of threads where someone misses an obvious joke and looks like an ass?

Then yes, this is now one of those threads.
If you're referring to me, I totally got the joke. Hence the

The reference I was making was to the OP and the thread as a whole (minus the jokes).

Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Killer B
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by odaat View Post
nice.........how about retaining doug jarvis....great for the pk, a disaster on the pp

not hiring a pp man who knows what they are doing

we have a winner!!!

Killer B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:26 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
The team is built (series of 60-70 point guys) to be a 3 line team, right now it's 2.
Unfortunately, the 2 lines are the Bergeron and Campbell lines. Krejci's line doesn't even factor in.

For all of their problems, and there are plenty, the 3rd line is not the only line that needs to be addressed. The Krejci line is struggling just about as much and something does need to be done there to address it.

To my way of thinking Lucic's value on that line is to provide time and space for Krejci and Horton to work their magic. If he manages to score while he's doing that, then fine, but right now he's not getting his job done which results in them not being able to get their job done.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:34 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
This is the problem. When he's hitting & fighting, he should be scoring...when he's scroring he should be hitting & fighting. He's never going to make fans happy.
This is directed at you but more so the collective idea that you posted that many seem to say is such a cop out. His best games nothing in the stats column and via the eye test is when he's hitting and fighting. When Looch hits hard and often it opens up the space for him and his teammates, it causes numerous turnovers like we saw in the Washington game, the line and team as a whole feed off it. The moment he realizes that his physical game sets the stage for his offensive game the better off he'll be. He doesn't need to decide if he's a scorer or he's a fighter or if he's a banger. He's all three. He's a powerforward.

Sorry for the rant and again not directed at you. I just hate the "some people are never happy with one or the other" mentality. We should all expect and demand both.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:37 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
If you're referring to me, I totally got the joke. Hence the

The reference I was making was to the OP and the thread as a whole (minus the jokes).
Well then I apologize m'lady, but I don't think your post was very clear.

Good then ! We all agree the OP was off base and I am hilarious.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:44 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
Unfortunately, the 2 lines are the Bergeron and Campbell lines. Krejci's line doesn't even factor in.

For all of their problems, and there are plenty, the 3rd line is not the only line that needs to be addressed. The Krejci line is struggling just about as much and something does need to be done there to address it.

To my way of thinking Lucic's value on that line is to provide time and space for Krejci and Horton to work their magic. If he manages to score while he's doing that, then fine, but right now he's not getting his job done which results in them not being able to get their job done.
Like I said, their shooting percentages will regress to the mean and that line will be just fine.

The 3rd line isn't even generating shots, that's a huge problem, and the 4th line is playing like an NHL 4th line. Paille has played very well (outpacing both Kelly and Peverley)

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
This is directed at you but more so the collective idea that you posted that many seem to say is such a cop out. His best games nothing in the stats column and via the eye test is when he's hitting and fighting. When Looch hits hard and often it opens up the space for him and his teammates, it causes numerous turnovers like we saw in the Washington game, the line and team as a whole feed off it. The moment he realizes that his physical game sets the stage for his offensive game the better off he'll be. He doesn't need to decide if he's a scorer or he's a fighter or if he's a banger. He's all three. He's a powerforward.

Sorry for the rant and again not directed at you. I just hate the "some people are never happy with one or the other" mentality. We should all expect and demand both.
Sure, but I also think he's a target for the officials making it difficult at times for him to play his game. He was showing alot of frustration earlier in the year and it appears to me he's playing a bit different. I think we also have to factor in what the team is telling him they expect. He's not shooting the puck much this year at all.
I agree he needs to be more consitent, but it's hard to play that hard phyisical game night in and night out, especially with the schedule being what it it.

Old
03-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Going from Ryder->Pouliot->Bourque->Pandolfo has been pretty frustrating.

That, along with Versteeg and his drafting record, have really been his only flaws. The Lucic signing was a bit much, he was anticipating a rollback I presume, but he would have gotten much more on the open market. He was out of shape this year and he's only 24, he has PLENTY of time to turn it around.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Going from Ryder->Pouliot->Bourque->Pandolfo has been pretty frustrating.
Especially considering this team really hasn't changed much in 3 years. It had 1 spot to fill and hasn't done it, despite having cap space to do so.