Notices

Trades...

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Rakiet*

vCash: 500
Trades...

Haven't come on in a while, sort of amazed I was able to do that..lol, but anyway

whats this about the payroll being at $37 million, and the budget is only $31 or 33 million. what are your thoughts on that, i read about it, so if they want to stay under the budget, looks like they have to make a trade or two.........

Old
12-23-2003, 12:41 PM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakiet
Haven't come on in a while, sort of amazed I was able to do that..lol, but anyway

whats this about the payroll being at $37 million, and the budget is only $31 or 33 million. what are your thoughts on that, i read about it, so if they want to stay under the budget, looks like they have to make a trade or two.........
payroll is at 37 m including werenka and buzek
budget said to be at 35 M, but sure 33 m probably preferable to the owners

we certaintly won't be adding payroll any time soon. your guess is as good as mine how urgently we have to trim payroll and whether that is done via drastic (ie Iginla) or less drastic (ie Conroy) measures

Old
12-23-2003, 12:46 PM
Rakiet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
payroll is at 37 m including werenka and buzek
budget said to be at 35 M, but sure 33 m probably preferable to the owners

we certaintly won't be adding payroll any time soon. your guess is as good as mine how urgently we have to trim payroll and whether that is done via drastic (ie Iginla) or less drastic (ie Conroy) measures
yeah, someone brought up Iginla going to Philly, for williams and 4 other players.werenka is still under contract? crap i thought we saw the last of that last year. and whats with buzek, i don't really remember what happened to him

Old
12-23-2003, 01:06 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakiet
yeah, someone brought up Iginla going to Philly, for williams and 4 other players.werenka is still under contract? crap i thought we saw the last of that last year. and whats with buzek, i don't really remember what happened to him
Yep we got one more year of Werenka (Button is STILL killing this org. ) Buzek is back in the Czech. Rep. I believe, still pulling cash though from all reports. If this Iginla deal happens (which is really becoming more likely everyday) it had better freaking knock my socks off or I'm gonna personally picket Ron Bremner for the rest of his life.

Old
12-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Yep we got one more year of Werenka (Button is STILL killing this org. ).
Not sure I follow ya. Button is somehow to blame for Werenka getting a concussion?

Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
If this Iginla deal happens (which is really becoming more likely everyday) it had better freaking knock my socks off or I'm gonna personally picket Ron Bremner for the rest of his life.
What does Bremner have to do with anything? Do you mean Sutter? Or Ken King?

Old
12-23-2003, 04:28 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Not sure I follow ya. Button is somehow to blame for Werenka getting a concussion?
Plus, it wasn't Button who traded Rene Corbet for Brad Werenka, then signed the latter to an extension. 'Twas Al Coates.

Old
12-23-2003, 06:36 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher

Disagree

What does Bremner have to do with anything? Do you mean Sutter? Or Ken King?
Oh your completely right FDW, I just have a hate on for Ron Bremner, , I don't hate Button so much though, just Gilbert.....Sorry I shouldn't think so much about the past, it just makes me rage uncontralably.

Closed Thread