HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe Part 2

Old
03-16-2013, 12:11 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
^ I don't really get it. Then again, I didn't really get it with Justin Schultz or Matt Read, either. What the hell do I know?

03-16-2013, 01:30 AM
OOEEL

At the very worst it's another Scott Arnold depth signing.

It's not like we're throwing millions at these guys. It's not much different from a 7th round pick, and it actually helps because if you stock up on college/overage ufas you can move those late draft picks to move up or acquire proven commodities (See: Pouliot, Marc-Antoine)

Also, Cape Breton posted an interview with Justin Haché if anyone was interested:

http://www.theqmjhl.ca/video/index/i...c444ee2b77f725

OOEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:19 PM
slv

Last night Kessy with 1g + 1a, Samu, Lessio, Melindy - all with 1g. And finally Zac Larraza with GWG in playoffs.

slv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

6'6 dude goes to Vancouver

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:19 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudehama View Post
6'6 dude goes to Vancouver
Makes sense. One of the few teams with forward depth worse than the Coyotes.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:21 AM
OOEEL

Well today was the end of the regular season for the CHL, so as promised here are the season totals for all our prospects in juniors:

WHL

Henrik Samuelsson
69 GP 33G 47A 80P +31 91PIM

Kale Kessy
60 GP 21G 22A 43P +8 106PIM

Marek Langhamer
30 GP 15-12-1 3.44GAA .899SV%, 2 shutouts

QMJHL

Justin Haché
68 GP 7G 26A 33P -48 61PIM

James Melindy
67 GP 4G 20A 24P +13 90PIM

Maxime Villemaire
29 GP 13G 11A 24P -8 55PIM

Mathieu Brisebois
64 GP 19G 54A 73P +15 103PIM

OHL

Lucas Lessio
35 GP 19G 15A 34P +11 38PIM

Andrew Fritsch
55 GP 27G 25A 52P +6 10PIM

Connor Murphy
Dead to me, probably broke another five bones in the process of me writing this.

Couple of things to mention:

-Kale Kessy wound up playing for three teams this season, starting out with the Medicine Hat Tigers before being traded to the Vancouver Giants and then once again dealt to Kamloops.

-Marek Langhamer started off the season platooning in net with fellow rookie Dawson MacAuley before Medicine Hat traded for over ager Cam Lanigan who quickly cemented himself as their #1 as MacAuley was sent back down to the SJHL and Marek became the backup.

-Believe it or not, Justin Haché's 33 points were third most on an absolutely atrocious Cape Breton club, which would explain his eye popping plus/minus.

-Villemaire actually started the season off in Gwinnett, where he recorded an assist in 15 games, was a -4 and racked up 43 penalty minutes before being assigned back to Saint John in December.

-Brisebois was obviously our most recent addition, and the undrafted free agent signing from the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies was recently named of the the three finalists for the QMJHL Defenseman of the Year award.

-Lucas Lessio's extremely promising season was cut short when a player's skate sliced tendons in his hand that kept him out for three months. He was considered a lock for Team Canada in the WJCs, but missed them due to the injury. He did finish the season rather memorably though, tallying a hat trick in Oshawa's season finale, a game they won 3-2 in overtime.

-Does Andrew Fritsch's TEN penalty minutes stand out to anyone else or is it just me? I mean seriously, those are Lady Byng-esque numbers. No word recently on the trial involving Fritsch, Nick Cousins, and Nick Petaccio's sexual assault charge, but if anything does come up I'll spread the word.

-And yeah, we all know the story with Murphy's fiftieth major injury, nothing else to say on that.

Last edited by OOEEL: 03-18-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old
03-18-2013, 02:23 AM
OOEEL

Playoffs
Teams with Coyotes prospects bolded

WHL
East
1 Portland
8 Everett

2 Kelowna
7 Seattle

3 Kamloops
6 Victoria

4 Spokane
5 Tri-Cities

West
1 Edmonton
8 Kootenay

2 Saskatoon
7 Medicine Hat

3 Calgary
6 Swift Current

4 Red Deer
5 Prince Albert

QMJHL

1 Halifax
16 Saint John

2 Baie-Comeau
15 Sherbrooke

3 Blainville-Broisbriand
14 Acadie-Bathurst

4 Rimouski
13 Gatineau

5 Quebec
12 Chicoutimi

6 Moncton
11 Victoriaville

7 PEI
10 Val-d'Or

8 Rouyn-Noranda
9 Drummondville

OHL
West
1 London
8 Saginaw

2 Plymouth
7 Sarnia

3 Owen Sound
6 Soo

4 Kitchener
5 Guelph

East
1 Belleville
8 Mississauga

2 Barrie
7 Kingston

3 Oshawa
6 Niagara

4 Brampton
5 Sudbury

Last edited by OOEEL: 03-18-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old
03-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Kaizen

You should add Max Villemaire who was returned to the Q from the minors earlier this year.
He's under an AHL contract but nonetheless is a prospect in the organization.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:29 AM
slv

Hunter Fejes with 1g + 1a and his Colorado College past Denver U. and Zac Larraza.

slv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by slv View Post
Hunter Fejes with 1g + 1a and his Colorado College past Denver U. and Zac Larraza.
Jaden's older brother, Rylan Schwartz, is leading Colorado College in scoring. He's a little bigger than Jaden, and three years older, but went undrafted.

Anyone seen him recently? Worth a contract?

Kaibur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:44 PM
OOEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
You should add Max Villemaire who was returned to the Q from the minors earlier this year.
He's under an AHL contract but nonetheless is a prospect in the organization.
Will do! I honestly thought he was still in Gwinnett.

Everything's edited and updated with Max's stats and the Sea Dogs' info. Thanks for the heads up Kaizen

Old
03-18-2013, 06:54 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Jaden's older brother, Rylan Schwartz, is leading Colorado College in scoring. He's a little bigger than Jaden, and three years older, but went undrafted.

Anyone seen him recently? Worth a contract?
Saw a few articles where he was mentioned as one of the top college FAs. I would be surprised if STL didn't take a flyer on him.

Old
03-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Saw a few articles where he was mentioned as one of the top college FAs. I would be surprised if STL didn't take a flyer on him.
I agree they've got a strong hand, but we can offer opportunity. They've just got too much forward talent ahead of him, particularly of the undersized variety. In the Phoenix farm system, he'd have to beat out Miele and Shinnimin. I think that's what Maloney has offered that has pulled guys that probably got strong offers from elsewhere.

Kaibur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:41 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
I agree they've got a strong hand, but we can offer opportunity. They've just got too much forward talent ahead of him, particularly of the undersized variety. In the Phoenix farm system, he'd have to beat out Miele and Shinnimin. I think that's what Maloney has offered that has pulled guys that probably got strong offers from elsewhere.
Miele and Shinimin haven't sniffed the Coyotes roster, despite obvious need for skill. I think that Maloney can promise the moon but players aren't stupid. They see Tippett and his favoritism towards veterans. Why go to Phoenix when you can go to a more liberal team? It's not about winning for these players. They need to establish themselves in order to become regulars. You can't do that with Bissonette as your winger 5 minutes every other game.

I can't imagine the Coyotes would be terribly appealing to some of the big FA D out there either.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:44 PM
OOEEL

Thursday night's relevant CHL playoff games:

WHL
7 Medicine Hat v 2 Saskatoon (0-0)

OHL
6 Soo v 3 Owen Sound (0-0)

I'll update this tonight when I get home from the Yotes game

Old
03-21-2013, 04:49 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Gormley and Rundblad were the only two prospects to make the Futurewatch 100, if anyone was wondering. Maloney also quoted as saying Visentin is 3-4 years away from competing for a job minimum, but they think he is perfectly on track.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:53 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
Thursday night's relevant CHL playoff games:

WHL
7 Medicine Hat v 2 Saskatoon (0-0)

OHL
6 Soo v 3 Owen Sound (0-0)

I'll update this tonight when I get home from the Yotes game
I'm going to Saskatoon game.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:57 PM
hbk

Quote:
Gormley and Rundblad were the only two prospects to make the Futurewatch 100, if anyone was wondering. Maloney also quoted as saying Visentin is 3-4 years away from competing for a job minimum, but they think he is perfectly on track.
We've actually done a very good job in taking our time to develop a farm system. Maloney and Treliving deserve credit for being patient and doing things right.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:01 PM
OOEEL

Really? Thats awesome.

Lemme know what you think of Valk/Shinkaruk/Koules. I'd say the same thing for Marek, but let's face it, we all know Medicine Hat is going to ride Lanigan for as far as he'll take them

Old
03-21-2013, 05:09 PM
hbk

Quote:
Really? Thats awesome.

Lemme know what you think of Valk/Shinkaruk/Koules. I'd say the same thing for Marek, but let's face it, we all know Medicine Hat is going to ride Lanigan for as far as he'll take them
I focused on Shinkaruk last time they were in town. He's a first line talent in the mold of Briere/Skinner. Undersized but has some jam. Big question is can his body hold up to NHL punishment. Plays on PK & PP (although I hate when teams put a skilled forward on the point on the PP). Elite speed. Great outside move. If he catches a D he blows bye them.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:19 AM
OOEEL

Soo lost to Owen Sound 2-1 in overtime. Andrew Fritsch picked up an assist on the Greyhound's lone goal.

The Tigers beat Saskatoon 4-1. As expected Langhamer had a perfect save percentage, allowing 0 goals... on zero shots faced.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:57 AM
Jeff077

I was at the Ottawa - Oshawa game last Friday night and in that game Lucas Lessio was by far the best player that night for either team and Ottawa has Sean Monahan who could go in the top 10 this year.
He has great speed and went to another gear a couple of times and the 67's could not contain him.
He also scored a hightlight reel goal that even had the 67's fans cheering.
Not sure of his status on your prospect depth chart, but for that night anyway he really looked liked a good one.

Jeff077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:12 AM
hbk

Quote:
Soo lost to Owen Sound 2-1 in overtime. Andrew Fritsch picked up an assist on the Greyhound's lone goal.

The Tigers beat Saskatoon 4-1. As expected Langhamer had a perfect save percentage, allowing 0 goals... on zero shots faced.
Shinkaruk had a very nice breakaway goal and should have been awarded a second goal but somehow the referee missed an extremely obvious hook when Shinkaruk was going in all alone on an empty net. It was an obscene non call. Med Hat coach chewed out both referees and with very good reason.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:24 PM
OOEEL

Friday's games

Lucas Lessio scored to tie the game for Oshawa before setting up the go ahead goal less than two minutes apart. The Generals would end up winning 5-2.

The Murphy-less Sarnia Sting fell 11-2 to Plymouth.

Max Villemaire and the Sea Dogs suffered a similar fate, losing 11-2 to Halifax. Max was a -3, picked up 9 PIM(2 minors and a fight), and was 50% at the faceoff dot, going 4/8.

James Melindy and the rest of Moncton were held off the score sheet as Victoriaville won 3-0. James had three hits and two off target shots while finishing even.

Mathieu Brisebois picked up an assist on the power play game winner for the Huskies, who won 4-2. He also had 4 hits and 2 penalties.

The Oil Kings ended up winning 9-0. Somehow in that scoring flurry, Henrik didn't score a single point

Medicine Hat beat Saskatoon 3-0 and again no Langhamer.

Kamloops beat Victoria 3-2. Kessy had the Blazers' first goal, a power play tally.

Last edited by OOEEL: 03-22-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old
03-23-2013, 07:03 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
What about Henrik Samuelsson?

Love the goalie prospects we have. Visentin, Domingue and Lee are three very different but talented goalies.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote