HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bouillon signed to a contract extension (1 year, $1.5 million)

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 08:21 AM
impudent_lowlife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Because Markov and Subban are paired together.

Now you have the fallowing choices for the 2nd pp unit.

Bouillon-Emelin
Bouillon-Gorges
Bouillon-Tinordi

Yeah I have Bouillon on the 3 pairings because out of Emelin, Gorges and Tinordi he's the best choice in term of offensive production.

I thought everyone knew that by now.
Emelin's got more points than Bouillon with little or no PP time.

Bouillon gets favourable ice time because he's Therrien's BFF.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:25 AM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
You don't "give" Tinordi a spot, and even Emelin and Diaz have to hold their current spots as #4 and #6 by continuing to play well.

So we signed our #5 defenceman for one last year before he retires, at a reasonable cap hit. The problem is....?
When Diaz comes back from injury Bouillon is low man on the totem pole - at least he should be. And Bouillon should not be getting any PP time as he really sucks at it.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:28 AM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I think Bergevin may be setting up a culture whereby good players are rewarded with extensions.
I think Bergevin may be setting up a culture whereby players that are good friends of Therrien's are rewarded with extensions.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I have nothing against Bouillon. He's actually really decent this year. My problem is that, we're already done with our D's for next year 'cause people needs to know this....Bouillon has not been signed already so that the Habs are securing their #7 spot. They are actually signing him so he'd play. So unless they have other plans for a guy like Diaz....our D is set. And that's my problem. 'Cause it doesn't give Tinordi a spot. It also doesn't force Bergevin to deal for better and tougher D's. I still believe it's a problem. 'Cause even if deals are to be expected.....I mean, Markov isn't going to be traded. You have to hope that neither Subban or Gorges will. Emelin....well he is one of the few physical ones so unless you replace him with a bigger one...I guess he is a potential candidate for trade but what will you get? And then, Diaz and Bouillon....Diaz is not going to get you a lot in return, and Bouillon hasn't been signed that early to get traded.

So nothing against the guy, I actually like to see him that happy and not being too worry about what's happening for him next year and so on....but not sure I like the sign it gives as far as improving ourselves unless.....there will be some trades coming. Yet, I don't see who on D except for Diaz...
I disagree with the following: “... My problem is that, we're already done with our D's for next year 'cause people needs to know this....Bouillon has not been signed already so that the Habs are securing their #7 spot. They are actually signing him so he'd play. So unless they have other plans for a guy like Diaz....our D is set. And that's my problem. 'Cause it doesn't give Tinordi a spot. ...”.

Tinordi brings exactly what we need: a big and physical shutdown D. That’s the only blatant flaw in our D squad. So, based on his solid play thus far and his rare mixture of skills and attributes, I expect him to fight his way, by outplaying Bouillon, in our top 6 during the upcoming season.

That said if during the upcoming games Tinordi clearly shows that another year in the AHL is mandatory, Bergevin has plenty of time (until April 3 and then the whole summer) to acquire a big and tough #6/#7D.

You really think 21 years old (will turn 22 during the upcoming season) Tinordi has zero chance to outplay 37 years old Bouillon (will be 38 in October) in 2013-14? I am a huge fan of Bouillon (solid signing imo) but I expect Tinordi to play 55+ NHL games next season. And if it happens, I don’t expect Bouillon to pout: the guy is a consummate pro.

As BaseballCoach mentioned you don’t give Tinordi a spot: he has to earn it... and I expect him to do it.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:48 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I disagree with the following: “... My problem is that, we're already done with our D's for next year 'cause people needs to know this....Bouillon has not been signed already so that the Habs are securing their #7 spot. They are actually signing him so he'd play. So unless they have other plans for a guy like Diaz....our D is set. And that's my problem. 'Cause it doesn't give Tinordi a spot. ...”.

Tinordi brings exactly what we need: a big and physical shutdown D. That’s the only blatant flaw in our D squad. So, based on his solid play thus far and his rare mixture of skills and attributes, I expect him to fight his way, by outplaying Bouillon, in our top 6 during the upcoming season.

That said if during the upcoming games Tinordi clearly shows that another year in the AHL is mandatory, Bergevin has plenty of time (until April 3 and then the whole summer) to acquire a big and tough #6/#7D.

You really think 21 years old (will turn 22 during the upcoming season) Tinordi has zero chance to outplay 37 years old Bouillon (will be 38 in October) in 2013-14? I am a huge fan of Bouillon (solid signing imo) but I expect Tinordi to play 55+ NHL games next season. And if it happens, I don’t expect Bouillon to pout: the guy is a consummate pro.

As BaseballCoach mentioned you don’t give Tinordi a spot: he has to earn it... and I expect him to do it.
Agreed, the kid HAS to beat one of the 6 regular if he wants a spot on our D squad. Cube will be there nest season, if Tinordi cant play better than him next camp then he doesnt deserve that spot on D (for the time being).

Old
03-21-2013, 09:30 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Agreed, the kid HAS to beat one of the 6 regular if he wants a spot on our D squad. Cube will be there nest season, if Tinordi cant play better than him next camp then he doesnt deserve that spot on D (for the time being).
It's not about Tinordi being able to play better. There will be many times where he plays better than Cube and where bottom 6ers play better than Armstrong. They are Therrien's pets and they won't be removed in favor of any one else.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

I've thought about this a bit, and I'm actually no more for/against the extension than I was his signing. Which is good, in a weird way, because I find, having seen his level of play this year, that I'm more concerned about whether he'll actually be worth $1.5 million than I am with what his level of play might be like another year later. Which is to say, I'd agree that he has earned the chance to come back and be an insurance defenseman again next year (bit of a turnaround on my part), and am only very slightly concerned that a $1.5 million contract (1 of the 50 max) in the pressbox (where I think he'll end up before long next year because of who's behind him) will handcuff us appreciably over the course of the season.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Bullsmith

Boy it's tough to find good things to complain about with the habs this year, at least if this thread is any evidence. If a fourth liner like Armstrong and a #6 like Boullion are the biggest things to problems, the team must be doing okay. It's not like Moen is playing on the top two lines or Diaz is being used as a third line winger, people are honestly complaining that Army and Cube are coaches pets. Not in love with either Army or Cube, but if the coach wants to play them I have no real problem with it. From what I've seen, he's doing a very good job managing ice time along with racking up points.

Personally I like having a little veteran depth on the team. Short term, low dollar contracts are not something to get upset about. But that's just me.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Boy it's tough to find good things to complain about with the habs this year, at least if this thread is any evidence. If a fourth liner like Armstrong and a #6 like Boullion are the biggest things to problems, the team must be doing okay. It's not like Moen is playing on the top two lines or Diaz is being used as a third line winger, people are honestly complaining that Army and Cube are coaches pets. Not in love with either Army or Cube, but if the coach wants to play them I have no real problem with it. From what I've seen, he's doing a very good job managing ice time along with racking up points.

Personally I like having a little veteran depth on the team. Short term, low dollar contracts are not something to get upset about. But that's just me.
This thread is HF in a nutshell.

Bouillon is very reliable and doesn't make many mistakes but people hate this signing because he steals ice time away from the "kids in Hamilton"

Really? Who are these kids? Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Saint-Denis and Ellis? Three 20 years old, 1 guy who has played 3 games in the NHL and a career AHLer on a last place team in the AHL!?

Beaulieu and Ellis are still 2 or 3 years away from the NHL, Tinordi will have to earn a spot in the NHL instead of having one given to him while a Pateryn or a Saint-Denis in his prime can only hope to be as good as Bouillon.

Also people are making a lineup and acting as it will remain exactly the same for a 82 games schedule.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
You don't "give" Tinordi a spot, and even Emelin and Diaz have to hold their current spots as #4 and #6 by continuing to play well.

So we signed our #5 defenceman for one last year before he retires, at a reasonable cap hit. The problem is....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post

If you believe in a kid's talent, you will end up GIVING the kids a spot even if they are not outplaying a vet. 'Cause you believe in development, you actually think that if a kid is not hurting you, that he needs every time he can get to improve that will eventually pay off. Of course, you don't GIVE a spot to a guy who has no business being in. Which is obviously not what Tinordi is all about. 'Cause in the end, where the heck will you be able to evaluate that Tinordi ended up outplaying Bouillon? In camp? Where vets aren't giving them all and where you are not challenged that much? In preseason? Where vets aren't giving it all and where you are faced with most of a AHL team? Point is that Therrien LOOOOVES Bouillon. Bouillon will not be a watching from the stands if he's not hurt no matter how we think Tinordi is outplaying him. And usually, a vet will always outplay a rookie especially on D when this is actually the position when you'll prefer a steady player than a young and more risky one. Up front, it's a different story. Neither Galchenyuk or Gallagher were in danger to lose their spots based on the fact that we didn't have enough scorers and they filled the bill. But mostly because you can deal with a forward that makes mistakes based on the fact that you have some D's correcting it. But D's are different. Yes, Tinordi also has that unique trait of a big man that we don't have, that should make him a must. But in the end, what you are looking at if a stay-at-home d-man that doesn't make any mistakes. And if you are in love with Emelin, Bouillon and Gorges, it doesn't leave you enough room to OUTPLAY anybody. So I don't believe in that outplay thing. I believe in being proactive, I believe in being visionary enough that even if a young D isn't outplaying anybody, that he eventually will. So personnally, if Tinordi doesn't suddenly become a total sieve or a Tyler Myers part 2...I do GIVE him a spot. And I thought that's where we were headed.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
This thread is HF in a nutshell.

Bouillon is very reliable and doesn't make many mistakes but people hate this signing because he steals ice time away from the "kids in Hamilton"

Really? Who are these kids? Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Saint-Denis and Ellis? Three 20 years old, 1 guy who has played 3 games in the NHL and a career AHLer on a last place team in the AHL!?

Beaulieu and Ellis are still 2 or 3 years away from the NHL, Tinordi will have to earn a spot in the NHL instead of having one given to him while a Pateryn or a Saint-Denis in his prime can only hope to be as good as Bouillon.

Also people are making a lineup and acting as it will remain exactly the same for a 82 games schedule.
Aside from the "kids" part, I also believe that we should improve every year. I don't believe that we have an all-star D. And as of now....we are going to have the same D next year that we have this year. It's all about improving, all about grooming kids for the future as well.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
Emelin's got more points than Bouillon with little or no PP time.

Bouillon gets favourable ice time because he's Therrien's BFF.

Emelin doesn't speak english, I thought everyone knew that by now.

And who else are you going to play him with, when Diaz is still out. Remember that Subban and Markov are still paired together.

Can't have a guy with so limited PP and overall NHL experience in that role.

Last edited by Alexdaman: 03-21-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old
11-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Jerky

made you look!!!!!

Wouldn't be surprised if they gave him another year though. Why else would they play him so much?

Old
11-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
made you look!!!!!

Wouldn't be surprised if they gave him another year though. Why else would they play him so much?
One of these days those Bobby Orr rush's he tries at the end of games is going to turn into a goal instead of a GA liek the past 5 times and boom, extension!

Old
11-07-2013, 11:36 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

I bet so many apologists in this thread feel mighty stupid.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Noob616

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I dunno, it's still not a bad extension IMO. He's regressed but with a decent partner he'd be OK. Not fair to compare last year when he played with Diaz and Subban to this yr playing with Murray.

Old
11-08-2013, 03:03 AM
76ftw

He's hardly been terrible...

Old
11-08-2013, 03:25 AM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
He's hardly been terrible...
No he's been pretty bad

Old
11-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
He wasn't signed to play as anything more than the 7th/8th dman.

Old
11-08-2013, 03:32 AM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
He wasn't signed to play as anything more than the 7th/8th dman.
Yet he's playing on the powerplay and playing over Subban in critical situations. And failing.

He played with Markov at times and was directly at fault for a goal against on more than one occasion.

The guy is agile but he sucks at everything.

Old
11-08-2013, 04:02 AM
DAChampion

I wonder if he would be adequate in a strictly third pairing role.

Old
11-08-2013, 06:05 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

There should be a penalty for people who brings back threads like that without notice....

Old
11-08-2013, 06:32 AM
LeMAD

Bouillon's playing pretty well, but in addition to Murray and Diaz, our defense is bad.

Old
11-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Bouillon's playing pretty well, but in addition to Murray and Diaz, our defense is bad.
How is the defense bad?

Murray has struggled a bit but he's stepping in with no training camp, so it's not a big shocker that he's struggled.

The games lost recently are due to the forwards not scoring. Last night the forwards had one assist and no goals.

The offense can't all be about Markov and Subban. Guys like Desharnais Pacioretty Eller have to get going.

Old
11-08-2013, 07:11 AM
KFlint

And I came here hoping he was extended for next year, poor me

Closed Thread